[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beowulf Clusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Cluster 2.jpg (417KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cluster 2.jpg
417KB, 1600x900px
Post your clusters
My second Beowulf cluster, for my University. Going to be testing the density of calculations and the return on adding more lower end systems into the cluster.
>>
What type of applications will you be using this for? Are you using OpenMPI? How time consuming is it to put all of this shit together?
>>
File: 1473763305074.png (29KB, 353x171px) Image search: [Google]
1473763305074.png
29KB, 353x171px
>I want to be on yet another watch list for posting proof i have a computing cluster
>Data gathering thread

Shoo shoo NSA
>>
>>57514365
Can't you be a dumb faggot someplace else?
>>
>>57514365
Why would the gubberment care
>>
>>57514323
we got the left shelf set up in about 2 hours. The right one isn't completely done and took already 2 or 3 hours. The cluster my friend and I have in his basement could take us maybe an hour to physically set up.
We will be using OpenMPI, yes. We will also be using TCSH and other networking protocols to do a diskless system and load up the master with enough storage to hold the output files.
The applications will be for the overseeing Computational Physics professor to determine. His work involves the simulation of electrons flowing through substances/materials.

>>57514365
these computers are so old I doubt they can do any damage.
>>
Any one know of any university that offers an Undergraduate/Graduate program in Computational Math?
>>
Bump for interest

I have never build one of these before but they have always quite fascinated me.

What would be some uses for this for a tinkerer ?
>>
>>57513424
How would one build a cluster out of several machines with similar specs? I have been interested in this subject for a while but never really found something to start with.
>>
>>57515973
Install some clustering software on it, d'uh.
Cloudera is what we use at work for example, clustering together dozens of workers for storage and processing power.
>>
so
LITERALLY
B O T N E T
>>
Anyone else remember years ago when /g/ was obsessed with Beowulf. Use it to make a sick trip OP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.