[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a fucking joke? God damn i hate setting up libraries for C++

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (34KB, 823x367px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 823x367px
Is this a fucking joke? God damn i hate setting up libraries for C++
>>
File: 1406159335002.gif (74KB, 278x340px) Image search: [Google]
1406159335002.gif
74KB, 278x340px
>programming on windows
>>
>>57513032
kys
>>
>>57513032
Most people make their software for windows-users.
>oh look at me, im using not that popular os, since im not dumb like every other one
>i do everthing just on terminal without gui, cause thats how hackers in my virgin world would do
>>
>>57512942
you linked objects compiled with mingw with libraries compiled with Microsoft's C++ compiler
they have different ABIs

your options are:
- compile everything with one compiler
- search for a mingw version of the libraries you need
- use C libraries
>>
>>57512942
>>57513032

It's actually easier on Linux OP. You work with the terminal from the get go so you aren't lost with different GUI options for linking depending on your IDE and then you just make a script you run to compile.
>>
Just a hunch, but you installed a version of SFML that was compiled with SJLJ exceptions, but your version of GCC does not use SJLJ. Install the correct version.

It all boils down to the fact that C++ ABI has not been specified, like C ABI. If you want to use C++ libraries, they must be compiled with the same compiler and same compiler version you're using them with. Otherwise it breaks.
>>
>>57513080
>his OS is so shit he has to resort to name calling
>>
>>57513084
or vice versa
or you linked sjlj mingw libraries with dwarf2 mingw objects or vice versa
>>
thing is.. gui > terminal
>>
>>57513080
I write desktop windows targeted code all day at work on linux, what are you talking about?
>>
>>57513128
ayyy lmao
>>
>>57513222
linux fags dont have jobs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.