[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who works Tier II tech support anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Comcastic1.png (365KB, 576x354px) Image search: [Google]
Comcastic1.png
365KB, 576x354px
Ask a guy who works Tier II tech support anything.
>>
asl?
>>
>>57512508
You're an idiot
>>
>>57512481
How does tier II differ from Tier 1
>>
>>57512515
why?
>>
>>57512533
In theory we know what we are doing, as opposed to just reading off a check list of trouble shooting steps. We also remote into modems/routers and have more advanced tools. We are specialized and have a very limited scope. I don't know shit about your bill, I also don't even pretend to give two fucks if you want to cancel. But I can ping every modem within 1,000 feet of you and see what you're signal levels on your modem have been for the past month or so at least.

In practice you can also add in we aren't worthless pieces of shit who are better known for hanging up on customers then fixing things. But that's more to do with who they contract out for Tier 1 then job duties.
>>
>>57512565
Cause your crack whore mother dropped you on your head, repeatedly, in a failed attempt at a post-term abortion I suspect.
>>
>>57512610
>says the guy whoring for attention
>>
>>57512621
Hey man don't take it out on me your mother kept trying to murder you.
>>
>>57512594
Still a worthless piece of shit in grammar.
>>
asl?
>>
Most disturbing call you've ever recieved?
>>
>>57512481
How long did you work Tier 1 and Tier 2?
Are you supporting consumers or companies?
How big is the company and how busy are you?
>>
Age, sex, location?
Whats your favorite food?
>>
>>57512778
A literal paranoid. Call started out with her saying someone was 'hacking' her. Then the usual, someone is physically moving around her equipment and tampering with her devices. An hour and a half later I am assuring her the russian mob is not trying to frame her for meth trafficking. I'm not kidding at all. It was way more sad then funny. This bitch lives in abject terror every day, thinking shadow people are out to get her. She actually told me she can't call the cops cause they'll just take her back to the hospital.

>>57512788
Never worked tier 1. Been at comcast about 2 years now. Consumers, and the largest ISP on the planet.
>>
Wha's it like to suck cock for the terrible company known as comcast?
>>
>>57512964
Bitch, we the cable company. You suck the cock, and pay out the ass for it. But hey, you can always go to the other guys if you're not happy. What's that? Local monopoly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously I hate my job but meh it fits my schedule.
>>
>>57512481

Do you live in India and is your name Kevin?
>>
>>57513024
Tier II of all depts is US based. If you get somebody with an accent, it's a coincidence.
>>
>>57512979
I pay $40 a month for gigabit fiber with no data caps. You and comcast can kiss my ass.
>>
How does it feel knowing you're in tech support forever?
>>
File: 1457670920553.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1457670920553.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>tfw 1st and 2nd line support
>>
>>57512481
Fuck Comcast
I work as Tier I troubleshooting for Business customers.
Yes they treat you like a fucking monkey who should read of a checklist.
I know the most about the systems in my dept, but am locked down due to lack of access.
I used to have access to telnet into the modems to change certain settings, like enabling bridge mode for the customer. They locked us out of that because They want us to sell Static IP's to the customer to allow the cx to bypass the modem's firewall.
I used to have access to watchtower to see what the hell is going on with the nodes, but they locked access because comcast fucking hates us.
I don't know how locked down you are were you work, but I have a firewall that has the worst filters in existence. I can go to google search, but can't click on anything. Can't even do a MAC ID vendor lookup anymore, because they blocked the site. Forgot any websites, such as new outlets, or god forbid, stack overflow and other websites to help find information to help the customer.
I can't even access specific IP's as they are all filtered through the firewall. It has to be in the approved DNS. Can't touch my phone while working or else I get written up or fired.
Hell I can't even right click in the windows explorer window, because They don't want us fiddling around with anything
FUCK COMCAST, REEEEE.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.