[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nvgmeme.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
nvgmeme.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
I want to buy a server for Pen testing. What get?
>>
Literally anything would work
>>
What do do you mean by this?
>>
cheap laptop. set it up as a server.
by the time you learn how to set it up / learn a thing or two about it you'll get over your "pen testing" phase and move on to bigger and better things
>>
>>57506991
probably the most accurate thing ive read all night.
>>
>>57506905
a dell or hp will work, just do your research and pick one that wont run 300w at idle and be loud as fuck

then put esxi free on it and you can create a simple environment for what you want to accomplish

i started with a ts140 and now ive got more hardware and multiple testing domains and malware analysis machines
>>
>>57506991
What did he mean by this
>>
>>57507112
he means that it is clear that OP does not even possess the prerequisite knowledge necessary to even start thinking about hacking the FBI, and he should probably pull his head out of his fucking ass and just start with the basics and see if he evens like that
>>
>>57507112
"pen testing" should be a byproduct of knowing a lot about networking / ASM / powerful programming techniques, not the other way around.
most skids attempt to learn pentesting first but it benefits more to learn it gradually after developing skills in core computing concepts first
>>
>>57507158
true, I dont want to hack the FBI.
I can barely code.
>>
>>57507174
I took SEC+ and NET+
working on CISSP, then going to CEH

I want to work for the NSA
>>
>>57507176
>true, I dont want to hack the FBI.
he wants to hack the FBI confirmed. send over the van
>>
>>57507182
they got the codebreaker challenge going on right now if you want to try your hand at it. it sounded fun but I didn't have a .edu email handy so I wasn't able to enter
>>
>>57507270
I don't either.
>>
>>57507262
send the van. we use box trucks for the same kind of thing.

joking but im sure theyd use a box truck if they were smart.
>>
>>57506979
penetration testing
>>
>>57506905
install gentoo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.