[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QEMU life Hello frien/g/ds. I want to move up from virtualbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg
28KB, 600x338px
QEMU life

Hello frien/g/ds.

I want to move up from virtualbox to qemu. I'd like to run multiple VMs that provide services to my network simultaniously.

Does anyone know a good guide / learning resources that would be helpful? This is all just for myself to learn, this isn't for work or a cert or anything.

Also, what OS would you suggest for running the rest of the VMs?

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks! (Pic semi-related: it's Captain Nemo, which sounds kind of like QEMU and somehow i always associate the two in my mind).
>>
File: img_4612.jpg (3MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
img_4612.jpg
3MB, 4608x3072px
bumping with shit that lives in the Amazon River
>>
I use centos for both host and guests.
Centos wiki is a good place to start learning shit.
>>
>frien/g/ds
Jesus Christ...
>>
>>57504830
Awesome both CentOS and the CentOS manual were where i was planning on starting! Thanks buddy!
>>
>>57504608
CentOS if you want it the easy way, use libvirt with QEMU/kvm so it's easier interacting with the VM
>>
How does one pass through the gpu on a laptop? Must one use an external monitor or is spi/vcn possible?
>>
Thanks everyone, you guys rule.
>>
>>57504608
You first must decide how you want to handle setting up and launching the VMs. You can write shell scripts to call QEMU with exactly the right options to launch your VM every time, or you can use something like virt-manager, which stores all that stuff in configuration files for you.

You must also decide how you want to handle networking. The default is to hide VMs behind a virtual NAT router, but since you want these VMs to be servers, that obviously won't work for you. You can also have it emulate a non-NAT router, and put all your VMs on a subnet of your LAN. Another option is to use bridged-mode networking and just have each VM get its IP address from your LAN's main DHCP server.
>>
>>57504608

Use virt-manager you autist.
>>
File: 1477458016562.jpg (6KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1477458016562.jpg
6KB, 111x125px
>>57504608
Bump for more discussion please.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.