[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is 4chan so fucking slow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: x5x8eIp.png.jpg (460KB, 2048x1217px) Image search: [Google]
x5x8eIp.png.jpg
460KB, 2048x1217px
Why is 4chan so fucking slow?
>>
it's not
>>
>>57503542
Because you have an adblock enabled and pretty much zero value to marketing companies anyway.
>>
Most images for me take about 10 seconds to actually start loading
>>
>>57504245
>>57503542
me too I can't figure it out I keep thinking its my internet but images just don't fucking load whether I give them their own tab or try and open them on the page itself

I don't have any 4chanX extensions and stuff
>>
>>57504245

the gook changed the hosting to a cheap canadian one. depending on the hour you can't even post sometimes. also I once waited 137 seconds for a 40s webm to load.
>>
>>57504284
This, can't figure out why sub 500kb pictures take forever to load
>>
>>57503542
Fast on clover for android for me
>>
>>57503542
Works fine for me, aside from the second and a half latency introduced by my satellite broadband. Have you tried not having shit internet?
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>57504284
>>57504284
>the gook changed the hosting to a cheap canadian one

>thinking CDN means its in canada

normies leave REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57504314
I have 70mb/s up and down thanks to fios in the middle of NY and images and webm's take for fucking ever to load
>>
is.4chan.org is to blame
>>
>>57504315
what is reee????
>>
>>57504338
I'll repeat myself. I have satellite broadband with a stunning 10 Mbit symmetrical line. Once I'm past the latency incurred by sending data into orbit everything loads lickety split.

Have you tried not having shit internet?
>>
>>57504284
>the gook changed the hosting to a cheap canadian one.
what exactly makes you think this is the case?
>>
>>57504399
>works for me that means the problem doesn't exist and its your fault
>>
a script to help posted in another thread

function fixShittyImageServer() {

var replies = document.getElementsByClassName("postContainer");
for(var i = 0; i < replies.length; i++) {

// Fix incorrect link for images
var fLink = replies[i].querySelector(".fileText a");
var embedLink = replies[i].querySelector(".fileThumb");
if (fLink != undefined)
fLink.href = fLink.href.replace("is.4chan.org", "i.4cdn.org");
if (embedLink != undefined)
embedLink.href = embedLink.href.replace("is.4chan.org", "i.4cdn.org");

}
}
>>
>>57503542
Same here, 4chan used to be fast but now it's slow as hell.
>>
>>57504414
what is this and where do I put/run this?
>>
>>57504407
>I'm as thick as bottled shit
There is more to an ISP than fast download speeds. There's a whole load of inter networking to this whole internet thing. Those aren't always as fast as your download speed is because of a range of factors too complicated for you to understand.
>>
>>57504456
>its complex
>but it doesn't happen to me so that means its your fault
>ignore mass reports of slow speeds on 4chan
>no its your fault that 15kb picture takes forever to load.
>>
>streams work perfectly
>torrents and downloads are flawless max bandwidth
>images on other sites load fine and instantly
>no problem loading things on any other website
>its your ISP's fault that 4chan is fucked right now stop having shit internet even though theres no problem anywhere else on the internet
>>
>>57504466
>I'm even thicker than bottled shit
>There are other people with shit internet too!
I never said it was your fault. The simple fact that a whole boatload of other people don't have the same problem as you would imply that the problem isn't with the 4chan servers, don't you think?
>>
>>57504505
>works for me theres no problem but you! :^)
>>
>>57504499
>I'm too stupid to quote properly
It's ok, one day you'll figure out of it newfriend.
>>
File: laughing-space-marines.jpg (86KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-space-marines.jpg
86KB, 625x351px
>>57504399
>I'll repeat myself.
>>
>>57504515
>Still doesn't understand the concept of the internet
What are you doing on /g/? Did you come here from /v/ because
>Hurrdurr muh 4chinz is slow
>>
>>57504539
>the internet is complicated thats why its your fault and your ISP sucks
>but this happens to NO other website
>irrelevant thats not what I said, you don't understand the internet like I do why don't you get it? its C O M P L E X
>>
I have begun to see "transferring images from i.imgur.com" occasionally when loading the archive page (which takes forever).

Imgur? Really, gook? Are we not better than that?
>>
>>57504315
>>57504404

They changed to a different host in L.A. Therefore Canada, but probably Mexico. Time will tell.
>>
>>57504584
makes sense, Canadian shit sucks dick
>>
>>57503542
Net neutrality is over.
>>
>>57504554
>>the internet is complicated thats why its your fault
>Still strawmaning
>>but this happens to NO other website
>I have tried the entire rest of the internets!
>>irrelevant thats not what I said, you don't understand the internet like I do why don't you get it? its C O M P L E X
>I reject your reality and substitute my own!
4/10 troll, made me mock you. Your next line will be "Joke's on you, I was only pretending to be retarded!"
>>
I've recently noticed this as well. Haven't had much of a problem up until recently. It seems like some images and what not load quickly while others don't, even if they are in the same thread. I'm wondering if 4chan has migrated to a different hosting service.
>>
>>57504617
You're a fucking idiot I named 4 other services that have no issue what so ever but you immediately default to "the internet is complicated and its your ISP's fault" which makes no fucking sense because it works literally everywhere else. Then you shift into "you just don't understand how the internet works" even though several other users elaborated on how 4chan has been sucking lately because of changes in the location of its hosts
>>
File: Cv59gucUkAApB2T.jpg (453KB, 1371x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Cv59gucUkAApB2T.jpg
453KB, 1371x2048px
>>57504603
Hey watch your fucking mouth bud. It's not our fault he's buying the cheapest shit
>>
>>57504666
ironically this picture took like 30 seconds to load despite the other pictures being smaller and loaded instantly
>>
>>57504650
>Four other websites are literally the entire rest of the internets
You have literally no idea what the word literally means.
>Others are complaining so I must be right!
And vaccines cause autism, amirite?
>>
>>57504742
>torrents
>websites

>tens of tens of other websites I commonly visit
>netflix
>youtube
>streaming
>no issues
>lol its your ISP's fault that it took forever to get a 453kb picture from >>57504666
>>
>>57504414
>function fixShittyImageServer()

Kek
>>
>>57503542
It's fine. It's just that the stupid gook uses another image server that takes way too long.
>>
>>57504796
why is it only some images rather than others
>>
>>57504866
check the link.
If it's from "is.4chan.org" it's gonna be slow
>>
>>57503542
because fucking gook made this "is." server and its throttled to all hell. Hes fucked up the posting servers too.
Some days I cant even get a post to submit.
Im sick of his shit, Im about to actually quite coming to this site and I've been here for a decade.. so thats really saying something.
>>
>>57504414
What does this run in, grease monkey?

shit I never noticed the .4chan from .4cdn before, and Ive wrote a scraper for this site.. I wonder if thats whats been clogging up the parsing.. It use to work flawlessly but Ive been getting all sorts of garbage coming out of it now.. mostly in the file extensions, Ill get shit like ".jpgif", I used this for over a year before and its never printed that out.
>>
>tfw all of those missed images from the wget script since it didn't include the is server
>>
>>57504877
Why is he using 2 separate servers with clearly different capacities then?
>>
>>57504315
could someone describe this gif for me?
not loading fast enough
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.