[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTX 1080 8-9FPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Y3gJHfW.jpg (72KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
Y3gJHfW.jpg
72KB, 500x661px
Hello I just purchased a Brand New Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME and I installed the drivers
I needed for the card. However when I played games such as Arma 2 and Battlefield 1
I got 8-9FPS. I heard I should try adjusting the power MGMT settings in the Nvidia control panel
and also putting it into a different PCI Slot. If all of these steps still keep me at 8-9 FPS
What should I do next?
>>
>>57499115

buy a ps4
>>
>>57499115
Do you have your monitor connected to the motherboard or the GPU?
>>
You are probably using your integrated gpu and not the 1080.
>>
Cpu type? Make sure onboard isn't being used.
>>
File: zxY6Kva.jpg (73KB, 311x837px) Image search: [Google]
zxY6Kva.jpg
73KB, 311x837px
>>57499115
Shit like this makes me glad I went with AMD.
>>
>>57499115
Are you perhaps running a CPU from the last century?
>>
>>57499115
Do you have a processor? Have you connected your monitor to GPU and not motherboard?
>>
I have a intel core i7 3820. My mobo does not have a VGA or HDMI input. I am only hooked up to the graphics card in the HDMI port.
>>
>>57499115
you need a second 1080
>>
>>57499688
>Zotac
ya dun goofed. RMA
>>
>>57499115
Get a RX480 like we told you to, battlefield runs better on AMD
>>
>>57499115
You download and run gpu-z.
Then you run your game.
Then you look at the measured values and make a solution. Or you post results here. Run the game for few minutes before switching back to gpuz to have good values.

I bet you:
>use integrated gpu
>fucked up drivers
>didnt look into graphical settings of game and nvidia
>your psu is dead or didnt plugged 8pin so the gpuz will show your limit is unstable or low power reason
>>
>>57499688
I would assume they don't have HDMI or VGA inputs. They would have VGA and HDMI outputs.
>>
>>57500745
Ahh you got me lol I am still drinking my coffee.
>>
>>57500553
This is the best answer I've gotten all day today anon thanks!
>>
>>57501113
I know I am one of the most helpful posters on /g/, but you should tell us what was wrong in the first place.

Otherwise nobody can gain wisdom from your troubles.
>>
>>57500453
Kys evga shill
>>
>>57503716
>EVGA shill
I actually only buy AMD GPUs.
>>
I don't want to start a new thread, so I'm asking here.

Since the GeForce Experience update a couple weeks ago, my background recording hasn't worked properly. I can toggle recording on and off, but I can't pull the last five minutes. Any ideas?
>>
>>57503769
Then you should know Zotac is Sapphire's sis
>>
>>57499121
this or alienware
>>
>>57504907
They aren't even headquartered in the same city. PC Partner, the umbrella corp for Zotac, does put out Inno3D cards but as far as I know has nothing to do with Sapphire anymore even though they are both manufactured in the same city in China.
>>
Will a asus 1080gt OC get bottlenecked by a first generation 2.67ghz i7 CPU?
>>
>>57504739
To my knowledge I know that you must have some extra system RAM in the background to always record the last 5 minutes of your gameplay until you press F5 or what ever you press to record the last 5 minutes of your gameplay. How much RAM do you have? And I would force quit all of Geforce Experience and start it up again and reconfigure it.
>>
>>57505082
16 gigs, even when I'm idle on the desktop with nothing major running it doesnt work.
>>
>>57505082
wait, i think i figured it out. 5 minutes is now called instant replay I'm betting, and that never got turned on.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.