[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 51

File: 2000px-Question_Mark.svg.png (33KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Question_Mark.svg.png
33KB, 2000x1500px
/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread
>>
is it possible some physical damage caused
"Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid IP configuration
issue?
it started when I moved and i keep losing time sync and then i lose connection to internet.
i've done ipconfig stuff but i haven't tried many other solutions since the problems i'm researching doesn't match up to me.
other devices connect fine but when i lose it on desktop via ethernet then i have to just troubleshoot and the same issue is always resolved
>>
Does a stupid person make a stupid question
or does a stupid question make a stupid person?

Or does a smart person make a stupid question
or does a smart question make a stupid person?
>>
Best suite for wireless pentesting? Ive tried Goyscript, wifite and geminis
>>
From last thread:
I want to swap my 1x2GB RAM stick for a 1x4GB DDR2 stick, should I get a kit or will it work out of the box?
>>
>>57498959
what a stupid question lol
>>
Here's one that may or may not be stupid.
As most users of Linux know, you can use hda-jack-retask to fix sound port issues. In my case, I've used it to switch the broken headphone jack to the microphone jack while disabling the headphone jack.
I've been trying to find a solution that works for Windows, but all I get is results for Realtek's HD Audio Manager which is not what I need for an Intel HDA chipset.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-13-11-23-10.png (25KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-13-11-23-10.png
25KB, 600x1024px
How can I do a +2 words search in EhViewer?
I can't search for anything with more than two words in it
>>
>>57499123
After looking around again, I've run across a Microsoft tool called, appropriately, HD Audio Tool. From what I can tell, the pins are named approximately the same as in hda-jack-retask. However, I can't find ANY other information on how to correctly do in Windows as I did in Linux. There's some documentation on the standards and such, but it's mostly gibberish to me.
>>
>>57499163
Ultimately, my question is, has anyone here used this to reassign audio pins or have an idea of where I can find some information that will help me? This is the first hint that this can be done on Windows without the Realtek solution.
>>
>>57498959
A stupid person makes a stupid question. This is because the stupid man will speak foolishly, and when he asks a question, he does not do so with the intention of learning, but rather to further his jesting.

A smart person will not make a stupid question, as he asks with the intention of learning.
A smart question will make a stupid person, think of the riddle of the sphinx.
>>
>>57499066
it'll work out of box, by the way what do you think a kit is? it's literally just two or more sticks of ram with the same capacity and same timings
>>
What are some good partition sizes for Debian?

It's a 300GB laptop with 4GB ram.

I would like to partition the home off from the root so I don't have to wipe the home folder when if I reinstall the OS later.
>>
File: panopticon.png (978KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
panopticon.png
978KB, 1920x1080px
I ripped this documentary from youtube with flashgot a while ago. I haven't tried to watch it for months.

I am trying to improve my spanish, so I decided to watch the spanish version. I had no idea that the subtitles weren't hardcoded into the video.

Is there any way to rip subs from youtube? I need both the english and spanish ones, as the filmmaker speaks in his native language (german)
>>
>>57499256
Ubuntu here, but I usually run root as 40GB, swap as 2GB over RAM then the rest for home.
>>
I want to buy a documentary by an independent group, who only distributes through amazon. I have searched on ebay and could not find it, and when I looked on the amazon page, I discovered they only print them by the order, not en mass.

Is there any way to indirectly order from amazon? I also posted this >>57499260, but this question is related to a different film.
>>
Asking once again because the last thread was already autosaging when I asked.

Whenever I'm playing a game, the screen goes black (sometimes it goes blue, yellow, purple, or some other colors), then my only option is to restart the PC. Then, after restarting, there's a notifilation that says the application has been 'blocked from accessing Graphics hardware'. And on eventvwr there's a log that says nvlddmkm has stopped and "succesfully" recovered, and 5 other logs that says my ethernet interface begun resetting.

I have tried running the game as admin, compatibilty mode, downclocking the gpu, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling wandows, setting TDR delay to a higher value, and some other stuff.

Could it be my GPU is dying? It's two years only (GTX 970). My PSU is 750W and never showed any signs it could be dying. I cleaned everything and temps are okay (~30ºC or less when idle, ~63ºC while playing).

What could it be? I'm running out of ideas.
>>
>>57499470
https://www.reddit.com/r/StopGaming/

have you tried disconnecting the video input from the monitor, then plugging it back in?

have you tried looking at your global settings, or individual settings by applications within the nvidia control panel?

I know that is rather generic, but I wouldn't know what to do either.
>>
>>57499260
Use youtube-dl, it rips subs if there's one
>>
File: HiObscurity.png (470KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
HiObscurity.png
470KB, 512x512px
Best Tinder auto like/swipe right app for android?
>>
>>57499529
>normie shitter
Gas yourself nigger
>>
>>57499523
Thanks man!

>tfw its a command line program and now I have to read the documentation rather than easy windows babby point and click shit
>>
File: now.png (842KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
now.png
842KB, 1920x1080px
>>57499523
One last thing if I can bug you again, does it automatically make an .srt file, or will it hardcode into the video?
Is there an extra command I have to input before I start this?
>>
Is there an app like forest but with more game element? (Like something that stays over days other than coins) while still being really simple to use to avoid distraction
>>
>>57499513

> [...] applications within the nvidia control panel?
Considering I have reinstalled both OS and drivers yesterday, I still didn't change any config on the nvidia drivers.
I'll try something changing some settings like power management and stuff. I think the problem might be Windows 10 itself, I didn't have these problems on 8.1 (although on google I found some people having the same problem as I do in 8, 8.1).

> [...] monitor, then plugging it back in?
Yes. Monitor couldn't find any signal.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/StopGaming/
I don't want to yet. I don't have a social life outside of work...
>>
File: 20161113_131844.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_131844.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>57499753
>I don't want to yet. I don't have a social life outside of work...

Me either man, but you aren't on your way to becoming the perfect you yet

Here is what helped me overcome my genuine addiction I had
>serious introspection
>learning guitar
>http://www.theminimalists.com/
>/r/nofap
>/r/stopgaming
>getting fit
>genuine conversion to christianity

I don't have a social life or any friends either man, but you've got to get by. All these things took place within the last three years too, and I am currently in my soph year of college. So I imagine you're older than me, but I will still spout this advice anyways.
Obviously what worked perfectly for me may not apply to you in the same way, but I don't doubt that genuine life changes can help a fellow nigger out. If you are secular minded like most people on this site, then I highly recommend at least looking into minimalism. I've been spending over the past month going through all of my material possessions one by one, and ridding myself of them.

Lastly, you can overcome gaming by realizing that modern games are shit anyways. Pic related is good stuff

i'm speaking the truth here too... i dropped $600+ on a desktop that I hated as soon as I finished over the summer, as I realized I no longe enjoy it as much as I used to. It sits in my closet, and I don't know how to get rid of it without taking a loss. my thinkpad is a better battlestation.

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING TO MY BLOG
>>
Is it safe to burn an ISO when the computer itself is in safe mode?
>>
>>57500111
Yes, as long as the ISO program work and it doesn't give you any errors before you click burn.
>>
>>57499557
https://boards.4chan.org/r9k
Wrong board, abnormie.
>>
I bought a cheap chinese temperature controlled relay (The one reviewed by bigclive recently) and I was wondering if it's possible to get it to read from two temp probes simeltaneously?

I want to use it to turn on fans when either one of the transformer or the processor in my project goes over a certain temperature, and I was thinking if I just crudely wired both probes to one jack then the temp relay would just read the higher of the two?
>>
>>57499632
Not him, but
command <flags> <argument>

rarely requires an intelligence above the average.

For subtitles use these flags.
http://superuser.com/questions/484665/how-to-download-videos-from-youtube-with-subtitles#
>>
File: confused looking girl.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
confused looking girl.png
15KB, 300x300px
>>57499925
I have no idea how to react. I hope you succeed in your things and stuff.
I'm not that old btw, I'm 24.

Back on topic, I'll try checking the BIOS, drivers, and some other stuff. My last try would be getting back to Win 8.1.

Thanks anyway, anon.
>>
My sd card keeps corrupting my files.
What gives?
>>
>>57499470
it does sound like a GPU issue, maybe with it's on-board power delivery.
Your gpu would work normally at idle, but when you start to game and the gpu draws more power something could be fucking up, causing the gpu to lock up.

That's my theory but check everything else first, fresh windows install, update/reinstall drivers, delete and redownload your games, try the gpu in another system if you can. Just take as many steps as possible that you think would help narrow down the problem to a specific component.
>>
>>57500491
are you unplugging it or turning off your device before files have finished being written?

If not then it's either a faulty card or a faulty device, I've owned a pi in the past that would corrupt it's SD card every now and again for no reason.
most SD cards come with a no questions asked lifetime warranty (as long as there's no physical damage to the card)
>>
What's better, getting an enclosure or getting IDE/SATA adapter?
>>
>>57499685
youtube-dl -F url

it will give you a list of formats

I think the webm formats have the sub included

Then you just use ffmpeg to extract the subs if you need it by doing ffmpeg -i input.webm -vn -an test.ass or something
>>
>>57499925
>going for Cambria before taking Alma
>ignoring Drassen SAM
you fucked up
>>
My laptop keeps forgetting my wifi password. Don't know why. This happens when I shift work places. When I go to place A, I have to input the password. I go back to place B, then I have to put it in again. Going back to A, same procedure. This only happens when I leave so when I'm home, I don't have to re-enter the password
>>
New motherboards that support DDR4 say that they support speeds like 2133/2400/2666/3000 MHz etc. but in this video (skip to 2:30) there is an option to run the RAM at speeds well below 2133MHz - yet 2133MHz is the lowest speed supported according to the motherboard manufacturer's website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDZqIyKQs0

Can this be done on all Z-series motherboards?
>>
>>57500235

If the probes are thermocouples you'd get an averaging effect with two connected in parallel, so there would be a degree of hysteresis in the temp-sensing but it would still work if either temp probe goes really high, but if the probes are resistive you'd reduce the overall resistance seen by the temp sensing circuit by paralleling two probes, leading to false reading of the actual temperature at either probe.
>>
Best Android music player that supports Opus? Tried AIMP and foobar but they're a bit meh desu
>>
>>57500676
mxplayer
>>
I have a bluetooth-controlled speaker and i want to use it for my pc but i don't have a bluetooth adapter for it.
I have a phone, though. Maybe i can connect my phone by Wi-Fi and then my bluetooth's phone to the speakers?

How would you do it?
>>
File: 1475379942094.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475379942094.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
What is the most legit/least worst driver detector? I'm using Easeware Driver Navigator to check which drivers are missing/outdated since my motherboard's driver CD is a 10-pound bag of dogshit.
>>
>>57500808
Forgot to mention I'm downloading the drivers manually, not using the detector program.
>>
File: HenNezumi.jpg (77KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HenNezumi.jpg
77KB, 1500x1500px
Are trackballs better to avoid RSI and so on? If so, why aren't they more widely used for office work?
>>
I just bought a WD MyCloud diskless NAS enclosure. Runs Plex right out of the box so I am pretty excited about that.

I want to make it my dedicated torrent box too but I do not know how to configure OpenVPN but it apparently runs it natively.
>>
>>57500646
Some mobos have different DRAM ratio, 100 Mhz or 133 Mhz. I think the 133 Mhz mode offers option to go at lower frequency.
>>
>>57500658
The probes are resistive, I'll probably just spend the time to work out which component runs hotter and stick a single probe on that.

Thanks
>>
About to get Amazon Prime and I'm considering an Echo or a Dot to listen to Prime music and stuff.

I know I can connect the Dot to a bluetooth speaker, but my television is hooked into that speaker via a cable. Do I have to switch between inputs every time I want to use Alexa, because my lazy ass might just get a full Echo instead.
>>
This is a shitty /v/ related question but they're not usually very helpful so I thought I'd come here.

If I bought GTA: San Andreas off Steam and then used one of those downgrader tools to patch it back to 1.0, would the missing songs from the soundtrack be restored?
>>
>>57500979
Thanks
>>
>>57501025
if the downgrader contains the files yes, otherwise no.
>>
Can't get rid of the voicemail popup on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

The app apparently calls itself "Call Services" but doesn't show in settings/apps. Restarting doesn't get rid of it.

wat do?
>>
File: 1278524961541.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1278524961541.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>57501025
>not creating a custom playlist
>>
Nobody has answered my question.

How do I get my Bitcoin Public Key? I need to use it for multisig escrow. Current wallet is Blockchain.
>>
>>57500646
When you start to run components like ram outside of their spec its a complete crap shoot as to whether they will work properly or not.

Different motherboards and even different ram could act completely differently
>>
Is cyanogenmod stable enough?
What smartphone is the most stable and well supported by cyanogenmod?
>>
I would like to use my phones 4G connection (connected by USB) to connect my computer to the internet, and use the computers WLAN adapter to connect to my router and LAN. The only way I can get my computer to use the 4G connection is if I remove the WLAN card from network settings. Any tips?
>>
Anyone know of a good C++ programming book with exercises that helps you make use of features like pointers and templates?
>>
>>57500895
Trackballs = more moving parts = more expensive
Cheap wholesale mice are the favourite precisely because they're cheap.

I have no idea about trackballs reducing rsi though, maybe
>>
starting a new job tomorrow - QA
what should i get with me ? pen/paper for taking notes... what else could be good
>>
Is there any method for me to select a random image from a folder with a large variety of subfolders? Closing my eyes and clicking around isn't really cutting it.

For context, I draw a lot and part of what I want to do is be able to randomly pick a few things of my inspiration folder (which is organized into sub-folders by subjects) so I can mash them together as a creative exercise.
>>
>>57501247

Don't forget your pants.
>>
>>57501247
an id, proof of degrees if you didn't send them by mail.
>>
>>57500641

Windows? Could be your network settings for each connection - maybe your home network is configured as exactly that, a "Home" (trusted) network type while the connections at your workplace might be configured as "Public" and therefore untrusted, requiring some confirmation by the user before connecting.
>>
Why does 4chan have a new, slower CDN??? Some images use the old i.4cdn.org but newer images seem to use is.4chan.org and load much slower. Is it just my Internet or is Hiro switching CDN's to save pennies?
>>
>>57501132
>not enjoying the hand-selected playlist Rockstar painstakingly crafted for you
>>
>>57501247
On my first day on any job I'd take a small notebook. You might be going around, so that way it's not too large and you can use it as a support for note taking even if there's not a table nearby.

>>57501272
This, if they asked you for it.

>>57501279
>is Hiro switching CDN's to save pennies?
The official name is jewmoot.

>>57501195
Thanks.
>>
>>57498930
ok so facebook chat (messenger and the regular website) cause mini 2 second freezes in my browser, I'm wodering if a CLI or lightweight facebook chat client exists only problem I could imagine is I put my laptop to sleep by closing the lid not sure if that would cause issues but I'd imagine software that trys to auto reconnect after loss of connection would be good
>>
>>57501279
>Is it just my Internet or is Hiro switching CDN's to save pennies?

I think it's Jewmoot. He's been talking a lot lately about how 4chan is financially untenable right now and that something's gotta give, and I've noticed the same shit.
>>
>>57501249
in powershell
dir -recurse | get-random
>>
>>57501267
will try, thanks

>>57501272
i have id always, degrees are sent, but thx

>>57501295
i have a notebook + 2 pens, also the leaflets for their products from the first interview inside. i hope it's not too much, but i think it would leave good impression.

i also packed a mobile phone charger, everything in a messenger back for the company laptop i might get tomorrow.
I will also try not to forget to shave
>>
File: 1455312184619.jpg (101KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1455312184619.jpg
101KB, 720x540px
So, on the past 3ish days I've smell some faint, sweet smell from my case.
That kind of somewhat burnt plastic smell I think it is.

It's not that powerful, it's a faint smell but I'm worried as fuck.
I immediately tough it was the psu, but it doesn't actually seems to come from there, seems like it's coming from the cpu cooler which is a hyper t4.
I'm worried as hell because the build is barely about a year old, dunno what I should even do because the temps are perfect and it doesn't smells burnt even under pressure, it just randomly smells.
So far I've happened to caught it 2 times now, constantly smelling around it every couple hours on the past 3 days.

What the fuck could it be? everything seems to be working fine and temps are great, nothing seemed out of the ordinary when I opened it up.
>>
>>57501319

If you don't mind spoonfeeding an illiterate retard further, what do I do to tailor it to a certain folder? Say it was D:\Files\Art\Inspiration
>>
>>57501332
You'll be fine. Congrats on the job, anon.
>>
File: 1.jpg (159KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
159KB, 600x400px
>>57501400
thanks, familia
>>
>>57501372
either cd into it or
dir -file -recurse -path D:\Files\Art\Inspiration\ | get-random

-file only lists files, not directories
-recurse to look for all files in subfolders
-path to specify where to look for
>>
>>57498930
How do I get the guts to sell my decent performing i3 hashwell pc in order to buy a shitty 250$ laptop?

I can't focus at home but I hate a laggy laptop.
It'll barely run matlab. Not to mention having to do backups all the time.
>>
>>57500511
> fresh windows install, update/reinstall drivers, delete and redownload your games
Done that. No results.

I swapped the ram memory, and now I can't get past loading.
I'm trying to play some Shadow Warrior 2, so I can get to the main menu and as soon the loading finishes, the problem occurs.

> try the gpu in another system if you can
Hmm... if I had another system here I'd do it. Maybe I'll ask a coworker tomorrow if he'd test it in his PC.

I'll try the following for now: playing some games with the onboard VGA. If I still have the problem, it might be Wandows. Otherwise, it might be a hardware issue,
>>
Should I use onboard audio through the fpanel or HDMI out from my Nvidia card? Is there a difference in audio quality?
>>
File: ce1.jpg (42KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
ce1.jpg
42KB, 600x451px
>>57501427

Thanks very much, anonymous.
>>
>>57501465
hdmi is digital, your audio jack in front is analog.
so if both go to the same device you'll save a cable and a conversion by using hdmi.
>>
>>57501431
Can't you afford a 200$ laptop? Why do you have to sell your desktop?
>>
>>57501431
>How do I get the guts to sell my decent performing i3 hashwell pc in order to buy a shitty 250$ laptop?

You go forth and make a little money for the laptop while leaving the desktop alone because having one PC is amazingly stupid and having that one PC be anything but a desktop with all its functional and ergonomic advantages is ultra amazingly stupid.

>I can't focus at home but I hate a laggy laptop.

Stop being a mess. The problem is you. Thoughtfully attain self-mastery. Machines don't replace that. Everyone should to backups. Backup to the cloud when you are asleep. Problem fucking solved.

If your laptop is laggy, add an SSD instead of replacing it. Of course you don't tell /g/ what you are running or ask for specific advice on best bang for buck/euro/renminbi/shiny rocks.

You might offload Matlab to your home PC then remote into it from elsewhere. There are many ways to do that.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (29KB, 512x401px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
29KB, 512x401px
computer/tech illiterate. Have an old shitty acer aspire one. Did a full reset and its bloated and runs like crap. Looking for a beginner friendly lightweight OS. Tried ubuntu a long time ago and it didn't really work.
>>
>>57501725
windows xp is as lightweight as it gets.
trash that thing.
>>
I am about to start a small physical media collection of what I enjoyed enough to purchase/support the makers

For the films, should I go with bluray or dvd?
I am genuinely having trouble deciding. I know if I go with bluray, I can get a better viewing experience - but a DVD can be played back anywhere, on anything.
>>
File: giphy.gif (495KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
495KB, 500x415px
Is this a good time to build a new computer? Should I wait a little longer, or maybe until 2018? I don't want to upgrade, I want to build it form scratch. I'm currently using Athlon X2 340, GeForce 210, 4 GB RAM.
>>
File: zs3Qkst.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
zs3Qkst.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
>>57501847
As far as I'm concerned, a DVD has negative value. Why would you pay anything to watch a movie in 720 x 480?
>>
>>57501956
For what purpose?
>>
>>57501847
Get DVD.
BD are overrated and expensive.
>>
>>57502004
Visual Design and more tabs open at the same time. Maybe start a course in web development. No video gaming.
>>
>>57498959
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
>>
>>57501985
dvd res adds warmth that improves the picture
>>
>>57502008
>>57501985
FUCK

Blurays are no longer expensive though

What I am weighing is compatibility vs quality

should I just flip a coin?
I think bluray makes more sense, as both windows and linux have workarounds for playback. an example is here - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray
>>
>>57502026
intel iGPUs have come a long way

go mini itx build with 8 or 16gb of ram, and a 7th or 8th gen i5

will probably last you a long time
>>
>>57502085
Thank you for your help, mister.
>>
>>57499632
umad?
>>
Is it a good idea to buy used CPUs and GPUs?
>>
File: yay or nay.jpg (308KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
yay or nay.jpg
308KB, 1366x768px
Left or right?
>>
>>57502159
Right
>>
>>57501305
anyone?
>>
>>57502159
since they're both exactly the same, I would get the AOC due to the way the baseplate looks
>>
>>57501956
Wait and see if amd's Zen line of processors is any good, then fire away. No point in waiting
>>
Where can I buy good, cheap wireless network adapters?
>>
I have a new PC with audio problems (6700k, Gigabyte z170mx Gaming 5, MSI 1060 6gb, EVGA 650 SuperNova G2, Fractal R5).

Issues:

1) Squealing over headphones that changes pitch/volume depending on what images is on screen and sounds like coil whine (games in certain areas, displaying certain still images in a web browser even with hardware accel off, watching videos in MPC even if paused on certain screens). Tried with P95 and there is no increase/change in noise so I am assuming it's GPU load? Changing volume at the software level doesn't effect the sound of the noise. Battlefield 1 operations mission select screen is annoying for example but once in game it's still annoying but not nearly as loud (vysnc on), really ruins immersion in areas that should be quiet/atmospheric.

2) Popping/static audio with the realtek audio drivers installed (whenever sounds start or stop... if they are actually playing like music it sounds fine). Quick short sounds are the most annoying like the explorer folder click or starting youtube videos you will get a static "pop" like when you shock someone after rubbing your feet on the floor. No popping with default windows driver but I get very high DPC latency in Latencymon causing the red fail text.

Things I have tried:

uninstalling realtek/creative third party driver and using default windows one (minimizes or eliminates #2 to be a non issue)
disabling C1-C6+ / EIST / Turbo boost in bios, tried locking package C states to C0/C1
all windows updates installed and latest drivers from OEM
Disabling unused playback/recording devices like line-in/mic
Disabling audio enhancements
Trying both front / back audio ports
Forcing V-sync/prefer max power in Nvidia control panel

There may be other options in the BIOS that could effect this but I don't know what half of them mean.
>>
>>57502247
can you explain to me what all the hype is about for zen?
>>
>>57502155
If you're buying from a reputable reseller then it should be fine.

If you're buying from CL then make sure you can see the part working first, running some kind of benchmarking tool so you know it doesn't suffer from overheating issues or something.
Don't ever just meet somebody in a car park and hand over money for a box.

Most people selling stuff are genuine but there are always bastards trying to sell shit
>>
>>57502333
buy a mac
>>
>>57502325
amazon? any online retailer?
>>
>>57502325
literally anywhere

get that one tp link that everyone uses though
>>
You guys ever sell your desktops before?
I sold a gaming laptop on ebay a long time ago, but I don't want to have to ship an item this large, who knows what could happen in transit?

You guys ever sell one over craigslist or the like?
>>
What's a good upgrade from the 750ti, I'm looking for 60% better performance
>>
>>57502421
1050 Ti or better will get you 60% more pissmark points

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
>>
File: 2016-11-13_16-43-11.png (25KB, 1482x253px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-13_16-43-11.png
25KB, 1482x253px
Is this basically all anyone needs on Firefox?
>>
>>57502515
Nimbus Screenshot is pretty useful for full page captures.
>>
What can I do to Ubuntu 16.04 to make it look cool when somebody looks over my shoulder ?
>>
>>57502574
firefox can do this natively.
>>
>>57502584
leave it stock and not be a wannabe hacker. ubuntu already doesn't look like windows anyways, people will see something out of the usual, if you're concerned with looking "cool"

i use stock 16.04
>>
Those programs that make you regain access to your computer after you've forgotten your password or whatever - do they crack the password, or do they reset it? I have a three-random-words master pass, wonder if I should use it for the login of Windows/macOS or it's at the mercy of these programs
>>
File: shaders.png (3KB, 397x140px) Image search: [Google]
shaders.png
3KB, 397x140px
Trying to run Lethal League (a 2D fighting game) in my laptop i get the following error and then a "lethalleague.exe has stopped working"
how can i workaround this? i mean its just 2D
Laptop is a Thinkpad R61
>>
>>57502574
Shift + F2

screenshot --clipboard --fullpage

No addon needed
>>
>>57502627
passwords are hashed and saved on the disk.
if you have access to the hardware you can easily change it by modifying the files.
>>
>>57502515
Add Self-Destructing Cookies and HTTPS Everywhere
>>
>>57502613
I get what you mean, but I would like to have something not only cool but also usefull on desktop because it is completly fucking empty because the default setting is so good.
Literally it is so good, that I feel need to just fuck up that perfect empty desktop with something.
>>
>>57502648
just tried this, like

screenshot test.png -clipboard -fullpage

it is asking for -fullpage(true/false), but it doesnt take y, or yes nor 1

What do ?
>>
>>57502700
it's two dashes, not one.
and you don't need a filename when you copy it to the clipboard.
>>
>>57502644
from only seeing the error dialog, it's graphic card related. if you're lucky update graphics driver and it should work, else the hardware is too old. gl anon
>>
>>57502718
Thank you !
>>
Why can't I resize more than 201mbs of my main drive partition.
>>
whats the least resource intensive external program to show Framerate on extremelly low end system ? is fraps my best bet?
>>
>>57502644
Needs drivers? Got 3d shootan games running on that at low framerates.
>>
>>57502752
Kill urself Kevin
>>
>>57502754
you can build hardware that reads the video card output, or maybe connect the HDMI output to another computer and analyze it. Zero resource usage.
>>
>>57502655
Have some code on it? People who know stuff and use their computers as tools will just think you're a silly little boy.
>>
Very rarely, I'm talking once or twice a year, my computer's fan goes into JET ENGINE TAKEOFF HYPERSPEED when I shut down my computer. It never happens at any other time and my temps are normal. What's causing it? Why only on shutdown?
>>
>>57502802
It's because you didn't do the needful.
>>
>>57502802
Install gentoo.
>>
>>57502802
I love when switches and servers do this. It' sounds like a god damn airplane.

Prolly not a reason for concern 2bh.
>>
>>57502731
yeah gl... openGL
thanks, ill try to update
>>57502741
i cant believe a mere openGL 2D game requires anything more than GMA 500
at least give a software mode or something
>>
>>57502826
u wot m8
>>
Magnets dude, how do they even work
>>
>>57502879
Magnets are made of metal, which is mined from the ground. They are magnetic because the metal still contains pieces of gravity inside it.
>>
>>57502933
But...
>>8471408
>>
File: Screenshot_20161113-190000.png (542KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161113-190000.png
542KB, 540x960px
Are homescreen threads banned from /g/? Haven't seen one in a while
>>
>>57502347
Amd has uncompetitive in the cpu market for years, meaning Intel has been able to jack up their prices and offer very little in the way of performance improvements.

The upcoming Zen architecture might change that, they bought back the guy who worked on their chips ten years ago when amd was kicking Intel's butt.

If zen is successful it will force Intel to be more competitive and drive cpu innovation in general.
>>
>>57502386
Which one?
>>
How do I post pictures on 4chan without them laying down? They look normal on my phone, but as soon as they are uploaded here, they lay down.
>>
File: 1461108366811.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1461108366811.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
I'm getting a login.ui exe error everytime I try and boot windows 7 on my HDD, from what its saying there are some missing/corrupted dll files. Wont even let me boot in safe mode and startup repair has came back with sweet fuck all, as has system restore.

Thing is I also have windows 7 on my SSD, can I just copy over the c/windows folder from my SSD to HDD to replace those folders and get back to my desktop?
>>
Can someone link me with some good weather widget, thats transparent and only black or white, even sun and clouds black or white.. I am retarded for this shit and I cant see half colors so thats making me eternally mad
>>
>>57500895
Any further input on trackballs?
>>
File: IMG_0931.jpg (67KB, 450x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0931.jpg
67KB, 450x574px
Is the 60hz vs 144hz srguement a meme or is there real substance to the difference?
>>
>>57498959
There is no stupid question, only stupid person. By answering questions you make those people less stupid.

If you stop making questions, it doesn't mean you became intelligent it just means you became ignorant and less curious about life which makes you even more stupid.
>>
>>57503208
You can go to a store and see for yourself?
>>
>>57499256
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Partitioning#Partition_scheme
/boot : 200 - 500MB
/ : 10 - 20GB
swap : your ram or double of your ram or nothing (personally I never use swap
/home everything else.
>>
>>57503208
It is appreciably better, but 60hz is enough for most people.

According to science there are micro-vibrations in your eyes which help you perceive movement, and these vibrations occur at around 100-150hz, anything faster that than and your eyes can't physically see it. The difference between 60hz and 144hz is only noticeable to me if the screen is switching directly between them though.

I bought into the meme and got an Asus pg279q. Great monitor, but next time I'll just get a 60hz panel and save money. Gsync makes far more of a difference to me than the higher refresh rate
>>
I need to replace my external HDD I use for daily backups and storing media.
Should I buy on drive and have partitions for backups and media? Or should I buy two separate drives? Would the media drive last longer than the backups drive from to less use?
>>
File: 1475081788154.png (162KB, 320x498px) Image search: [Google]
1475081788154.png
162KB, 320x498px
>>57498930
Does it make a difference in using USB 2.0 or 3.0 for creating a Linux USB?
>>
>>57503469
If you have both a USB 3 flashdrive and a USB 3 port the process of making the bootable USB is faster. It will also install faster on a machine with a 3 port. It will work just fine whether you use a USB 2 drive on a machine with a USB 3 port or vice versa.
>>
>>57503469
USB 2 will be more compatible
>>
>>57503566
OK, a USB 3.0 off Amazon it is. Is there any idea size for such a boot drive for Linux distributions?
>>
File: planetexpress_BG.jpg (163KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
planetexpress_BG.jpg
163KB, 1680x1050px
I want to install paint.net, but whenever I extract the files a message pops up that says "Will install: .NET framework 4.6.1 , Paint.net." Nothing installs afterword. An empty file in my C: drive opened after the extraction said "preparing xxx file for installation" .Net framework never installed so I went and searched for it as a standalone compressed thing and found it but when I attempted to install THAT it said "Windows Updates are Required." I updated my fucking computer and retried but .NET still gives the same message and paint.net is still fucked. Are there any mirrored copies of an older version of paint.net? I seriously have no idea what the fuck to do.

Pic unrelated
>>
What is important when running lots of VMs. Memory? Processor? If I run many VMs.
>>
what good japanese laptops can i get for 400 bucks thats on amazon, im from the us if that matters.
>>
File: Latencymon.jpg (226KB, 1251x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Latencymon.jpg
226KB, 1251x1012px
>>57498930

I noticed I was getting crackling audio and stuttering occasionally with my desktop PC, so I tested with Latencymon. This is the result from around 20 minutes of testing.
Usually interrupt to process latency is under 100us, but it peaks at around 50,000us.
Is this normal? If not, then what might cause it? I've already tried installing multiple network and audio drivers (from the motherboard manufacturer's website and from Intel and Realtek), but I get roughly the same result.
>>
>>57503674
disregard the amazon part, just a good laptop from japan thats 400 dollars
>>
>>57503674
ThinkPad looks like Japanese bento box
>>
File: baka.png (17KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
baka.png
17KB, 410x410px
Im buying two new computer screens for black friday next week, which specs and stuff should i be looking at? is 1080p fine?
>>
>>57503665
depends what you're using them for.
For running multiple vms ideally you want a lot of both
>>
i need to define array variabes in php but i need to name those using other variables' names. i can already do it but i currently use eval to achive it which is not a very good idea. this is how i do it.

function addval($keys,$val) {
foreach($keys as $key) {
$k .= "['$key']";
}
eval("\$GLOBALS['vmfdata']$k = $val;\n");
}

i want to do this without using eval and since i want to define the variables in another function and return it.
>>
>>57503689
i have a think pad already
>>
Is there a way to have my own version of Firefox at work, with bookmarks and stuff, wihtout anyone noticing?
It's already installed but set up so it deletes history everytime you close it. Best way I found would be some kind of USB version, is there any other way?
>>
>>57503695
Normal work... I want to run Cube OS
>>
>>57503703
Then use that.
>>
>>57502650
>if you have access to the hardware you can easily change it by modifying the files.
is it displayed as hashes?
>>
>>57501305
>>57502191
come on lads
>>
>>57503881
>facebook
fuck off you cunt, ask your facebook friends.
>>
>>57503888
kek upset you don't have friends buddy? fuck off back to r9k
>>
>>57501344
Anyone?
Should I be as worried as I am right now?
>>
where can i aquire FLAC files (music) easily, can i buy CDs and like, rip it from there or its already in mp3 form on the cd....man im retarded.
>>
How do I play blu ray disc with WMP/MPC
>>
Does it have to be plugged in?
>>
who's kevin?
>>
>>57504022
My "personal massager" does. Some new ones don't.
>>
File: file.png (110KB, 376x374px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
110KB, 376x374px
What text editor do you use and why is it Atom?
>>
is this worth 200 bucks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJITSU-FMV-LIFEBOOK-UMPC-U8250-MINI-PC-INTEL-800MHz-1GB-RAM-16GB-CF-WIN-7-WIFI-/222306207194?hash=item33c27b85da:g:8NsAAOSwImRYHsPJ
>>
Is black friday just a meme to get people to buy or are there legitimately good deals?

I was looking for some parts last year and the deals they offered weren't much different from MSRP.
>>
>>57504103
your not looking hard enough, black friday is the best day of the year to buy electronics, cyber monday is the 2nd day.
>>
>>57504091
load that nu-male editor on a usb stick and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>57504091
k
>>
>>57504101
No. Just use your phone for whatever.
>>
>>57504101
Not even close.

If you want something compact like that look into the Asus Transformer lineup. The older models below $200 are already more powerful and they have a shitload of features over that garbage.
>>
FreeFileSync or SyncToy for Wangblows backup creation/management?
>>
I'm looking for a separate desk just for my computer it would be like an end table put it's specific use would be to not have the desktop on the ground what should I do?
>>
>>57504310
Look for a garage sale or some online classifieds?

Unless you want something fancy that's gonna match your setup just buy something used.
>>
So I have a question about the office (US) why did ryan need 5 people to invest in "wuphf" I mean VPS's are dirt cheap, a domain names next to nothing the only thing that'd cost is the whole SMS& phone call aspect of it but even then I'd guess it's about £100-£200 worth of hardware, it wasn't public yet so would have only need less than £10 in phone credit, he was making it himself so didn't need to hire programmers. I mean what was the reason for him needing investors was it just bad writing leading to plot holes? or am I missing something?
>>
best website for used laptops?
>>
>>57503024
Anyone?
>>
What's the difference between using Google and Searx with Google results?
>>
File: a.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
3MB, 720x576px
>>57501985
what's wrong with DVD res?
>>
I need a new 2tb HDD for storing games

Which one do i chose?

-Seagate $89
-Weastern Digital Blue $89
-Thoshiba $89
>>
File: password_strength.png (91KB, 740x601px) Image search: [Google]
password_strength.png
91KB, 740x601px
Is this true?
>>
>>57498930

Should I install LAN, audio, and chipset drivers from the motherboard vendor or the newer versions from Intel and Realtek?
>>
good monitor for around $350-$450

i want something that is at least 27 inches or bigger
>>
>>57504665
Yes, but people trying to be lolsorandum are very bad at it, so the words must be selected by a computer. What I do is use pwgen for making passwords and pass for storing them.
>>
>>57504715
Shouldn't you use diceware to pick those words?
>>
>>57504665
With password managers, there's really no need to remember more than 1-2 passwords.
>>
>>57504715
>>57504749
Why do people trust password managers? What if those are botnets?
>>
>>57504777
The one I use is just a shell script that saves me needing to type a bunch of gpg and git commands.
>>
>>57504777
Because they think a single point of failure in a security method is feasible
>>
>>57504807
You're a single point of failure.
>>
>>57504637
Statistically for the years 2014 and 2015 Segate drives haven't been doing too hot for their 2TB+ models and their 3TB models specifically were abysmal.

My own anecdotal evidence towards WD being better is that I have a blue that's served me for 2 years now without a hitch. I bought a Segate SSHD and it failed within months. I'd like to believe it's just the price you pay investing on something that's relatively new, but hey.

I didn't find anything on blackblaze about Toshiba and Toshiba is a pretty small player in drives compared to the other two. Never owned anything Toshiba either.
>>
>>57504665
It's mostly a meme.
Even if you secure-randomly choose 4 words out of 30,000-50,000 usable ones, while you get a few orders of magnitude more entropy than an 8-character password, it's practically already useless.Nobody brute-forces passwords in 2016.
Rainbow tables on shitty overused passwords? Sure. But not bruteforcing.

The problem is dictionary attacks and reducing the entropy.
Even with a truly random "word chooser", people are going to discard sentences that aren't memorable.
It's fair to assume that the "memorable", aka "connected" sentences actually carry a shitload less entropy than claimed.

Also the numbers given for tries/second are meaningless and the initial entropy is wrong.
No server is going to allow 1000 tries/day on the same account, and that password has a lot more than 28 bits of entropy.
Brute force attacks are dead for anything other than some shitty 30 year old ciphers.

Besides nobody wants to type out 50 characters every time they log into gmail.
So yeah, it does work, but not that much better.
>>
>>57504878
randomretardedshitposterpostrandomshitthatpertainstonothing
>>
Would running win10 in a virtual machine inside my debian compromise my pc?
>>
>>57503256
I don't have a supply store near me, hence why I asked you dingus
>>
Is Freesync/gsync worth it if being kinda poorfag
>>
>>57504103
I've gotten some decent deals in previous years, but it's mostly a meme. I'm hoping to get some cheap storage this year, or possibly a cheap prebuilt to use as a server.
>>
>>57505107
it caps at 90FPS
>>
>>57504637
DO NOT BUY TOSHIBA. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY AWAY
>>
>>57498954
Are your time settings being changed because of a bad cmos battery?
>>
File: clyde frog pills help.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
clyde frog pills help.gif
2MB, 400x267px
/g/, my shit is falling apart. Please help.

THIS IS ALL IRRELEVANT BACKGROUND INFORMATION; YOU CAN SKIP IT:
My desktop computer is pretty old, and now, whenever I shut it down, it installs updates which prevent it from loading Windows when I switch it back on. It starts loading Windows, but it never gets anywhere. I did a diagnostic test when it was failed, and it told me my hard drive had a BIOHD-8 error, which seems to just mean hard drive is kill. A friend gave me some downloaded Windows bits on a USB drive so I could do bootrec /rebuildbcd, which the Internet said I should try, but when I tried that, it scanned for Windows installations and didn't find any, so nothing happened. It thinks Windows has disappeared. However, I could open the folder with Windows in it using cd and dir in the emergency command prompt, so Windows is definitely still there.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM ITSELF:
I magically managed to repair this issue by doing System Restore. It turns out the issue was caused by some "critical" updates that install themselves automatically when I shut down. However, when I shut the computer down again, the updates just install themselves again, and I have to repeat the System Restore to get rid of them before I can use the computer again.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it a hardware problem, like it claims to be, or a software problem, like it appears to be? I tried downloading and installing the updates while my computer was still logged in, to force Windows to understand them, but the updates just refused to download. Now, I have disabled updates, which is obviously not perfect, but I will enable them again in a couple of months, maybe, and perhaps a new update will have been released which overrides the update that kills my computer. Is this a good idea? My computer runs Windows 7, and was made by Hewlett Packard in 2010 (apparently HP computers from that time have a common problem where the hard drive dies exactly like mine claims to).
>>
How can I bypass a locked android phone? I found one earlier
>>
Is github safe?
I'm uneasy with it being public on the free version, and I hate subscription services
I would consider a one time fee but $7 a month is too much and I feel like it could go towards better things

Would making a really convoluted username string protect my files or could they still be found?
>>
>>57505423
return it to the owner or hand it in to the police
>>
File: iwkoqt.gif (496KB, 168x130px) Image search: [Google]
iwkoqt.gif
496KB, 168x130px
>>57505371
TL;DR
Im willing to try to help, but god damn shorten that shit up, i bet a good 90% of it is irrelevent banter
>>
>>57505429
gitlab
>>
is there any foss video editing software that will allow me to pin a point of a video to the center and it will stabilize the video to that central point?
>>
>>57505529
After Effetcs, Motion, Final Cut Pro, Hit Film, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Fusion, Resolve
after effect + mocha
>>
>>57505525
neat, thanks
>>
File: brain is the most important.jpg (41KB, 485x339px) Image search: [Google]
brain is the most important.jpg
41KB, 485x339px
>>57505516
>Computer dowloads automatic updates
>Automatic update destroys computer and prevents it from loading Windows 7
>Claims hard drive is kill (BIOHD-8 error)
>System Restore solves the problem, but then it happens again because update is automatic

I've disabled updates this time; will that solve the problem? I'd like to know if there's anything else I can do before I switch it off again and have to do System Restore again.
>>
My friend just got an android tv box. He wants to know what apps will give him the most channels or viewing material.
>>
>>57505625
Check what is being updated, you may be updating some sort of driver that is soft bricking your hdd.Boot in to safe mode and check the drive manually
>>
How do I make a batch file? I play csgo and to get better performance I have to change resolution to 1024x768, 60hz, and different color settings. Instead of having to spend an extra minute turning that shit on in control panel, could I make a file on my desktop that I just double click on to change my settings? Another to switch back, of course.
>>
It it actually that easy to pirate windows 10? Doesn't windows 10 stay connected to Microsoft servers or whatever, so they will know I have pirated their software? My father always told me "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is," that's all.
>>
>>57505656
How do I check what's being updated? I can't boot into the computer once the update has been downloaded, and for some reason, it refuses to download if I try to download it with the computer still switched on.
>>
If I run office through wine on Linux will it work perfectly or have bugs and errors? Considering switching to Linux for good but need MS Word for work occasionally.
>>
>>57505706
download qres or some other resolution utility tool
make a text file and save as 'whatever.bat'
QRes.exe /x:1024 /y:768
(whatever other commands here)

and make another that changes all the settings to your default to use afterwarsd
>>
I built my first PC recently. I do not have a CD/DVD drive. I have found that I need to burn some discs for extremely legal purposes.

What product would I be looking for that allows me to do this?
>>
How do I get started into SDR preferably using Linux and non botnet shit?
>>
>>57505938
>What product would I be looking for that allows me to do this?
A dvd drive/burner?
I don't really understand the question
>>
>>57505955
I have never bought one of those before. What price range am I looking at?
>>
>>57505938
a CD/DVD drive you absolute mongo bongo
>>
>>57505965
I dunno man, $20-50?
You probably wont use it often
>>
>>57505965
Not much. It depends on many things, though, such as whether you need to burn CDs or DVDs, and if you need to burn a lot of them (in which case you might want a faster write speed).
>>
>>57505978
>>57505987
I think DVDs, though I'll need to be sure. And in regards to write speed, I hear it's best to have 4x for this purpose.
>>
>>57505999
>4x
what the hell
>>
if i wanna upload a copyrighted video to stream via cytube where should i do it

i just wanna watch some fuckin blade runner with my mates
>>
File: 1379119058943.png (482KB, 687x741px) Image search: [Google]
1379119058943.png
482KB, 687x741px
diagnosing my friends hard drive:
50% of the time it doesn't show up.
when it does, only information from the firmware is given (serial number, etc). capacity is listed as unknown and no partitions are shown.

can I just tell my friend its dead, or is there something else I can check?

>mfw I pulled the drive out of the bay and it was a seagate
>mfw he has 0 backups, not even cloud storage
>>
>>57506028
What's so strange?
>>
>>57506046
just use ustream
>>
>>57506062
isnt that really low?
my cheapo thing from 5 or 6 years ago has 22x dvd write speed
>>
>>57506049
S.M.A.R.T.?
>>
>>57503098
Use Clover. Haven't had that problem on my phone.
>clover?
Google it. F droid.
>>
Why does Game Boy Pocket cost more than Game Boy? Shouldn't the smaller one be cheaper?
>>
File: This shit.png (13KB, 322x413px) Image search: [Google]
This shit.png
13KB, 322x413px
Stupid question here:
The "Open" and "Open in New Tab" options when I right click my Bookmarks, and ONLY MY BOOKMARKS, has moved to the bottom of the right-click menu.
Can I, uh, make them fuck off back to the top where they used to be?

Either my Firefox updated while I was asleep, or I fucked up and did something somehow. This is incredibly fucking irritating.
>>
File: tesla.png (78KB, 578x505px) Image search: [Google]
tesla.png
78KB, 578x505px
$39.99 CAD

I just want a good anti virus for constant protection when I browse/download.
>>
For someone that knows PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, and familiar with Javascript, how hard would it be/how long would it take to get into a programming language like C#?
>>
Is it possible to make a custom interface for skype using an API?
>>
File: xBHMCi1.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
xBHMCi1.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
I have a i5-4690, and a R7 260. The CPU is obviously bottlenecking the GPU. My question is this; is there anyway to reduce the limitations the bottleneck gives me?
>>
>>57506130
why are you downloading viruses in the first place
>>
>>57506101
No. It's handier.
>>
>>57506154
You could overclock it, but then you'd probably need a bigger fan to keep it cool.
>>
>>57506160
browser configured to automatically download and execute arbitrary code from anywhere
>>
File: Sega_Dreamcast.jpg (2MB, 4540x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Sega_Dreamcast.jpg
2MB, 4540x2200px
>>57506076
Yeah, but considering what I'm trying to work with here.
>>
>>57506179
I have it OC'd by 15, it helps. But, not a ton.
>>
>>57506195
Does that have a single worthwhile exclusive?
>>
am I going to start a fire
I accidentally installed my cpu heatsink and fan the wrong way ~5 years ago and have never fixed it still
I was planning to fix it when I upgraded the cpu but I've never done so
>>
File: 4petabytes.jpg (37KB, 526x238px) Image search: [Google]
4petabytes.jpg
37KB, 526x238px
>>57506086
HDDScan, CrystalDisk, even SeaTools all report SMART is enabled, but there's no option to generate a report. Also some information is garbled in these programs (see pic) so I think even the firmware is fucked.
>>
>>57506216
It's got by far the best version of Heritage to the Future and plenty of obscure shit. My roommate and I like to work on old gaming devices.
>>
>>57506216
>He doesn't love Shenmue
>>
>>57506195
Would it be cheaper to just buy the games you want?
>>
how does a Core m3 6Y30 compare to my i5 2520m
>>
>>57506299
I can see a disc drive as something I might need more than once though.
>>
>>57503024
Pls respond
>>
>>57503024
Yeah
kicked off to /w and /wg
Mostly /w
>>
>>57506310
6y30 is ~10-20% slower for brief periods of activity, if you're keeping it active for longer, thermal and power limits kick in making it go down to roughly half the performance of the 2520m at steady state.

For integrated graphics performance it's a lot faster.
>>
>>57506228
USB adapters often break SMART, you may need to take the drive out of the enclosure to read SMART properly, at which point you've voided the warranty, so if you've still got time on that, send it back for RMA now.
>>
File: 41U+VpAtrtL.jpg (26KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
41U+VpAtrtL.jpg
26KB, 303x500px
How can I remap the keys on this extra number pad without fucking with the number pad keys on my regular keyboard?
Pic related is what I am trying to remap the keys on
>>
>>57506221
You're probably not going to kill anything, it'll just reach throttling temperature then slow down as far as necessary to maintain that temperature. So it is hurting performance.
>>
>>57506398
good to know, I'll try a direct sata connection to the mobo and see if it changes anything. warranty is mute since this is from a 5 year old laptop. thanks
>>
>>57498930
>>57498930
how to install solus?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndnd3iyNCk1rliztq.png (80KB, 272x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndnd3iyNCk1rliztq.png
80KB, 272x199px
wtf does "old soul" mean?
>>
>>57506381
okay thanks
>>
File: FAVFNr7.gif (963KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FAVFNr7.gif
963KB, 500x375px
>>57498930
What are these moving arms called?

pls don't be nsfw mods be gentle
>>
>>57506501
Crank?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(mechanism)
>>
>>57506501
>>57506532
Not a crank because it doesn't go in a circle? They used servos instead? Weird.
>>
>>57506532
>>57506541
I'm an idiot, what would I search to purchase these?
>>
>>57506572
Purchase what? The complete ready-to-use auto-fucker? They're called "fucking machines".
>>
>>57506588
Just the moving arms.
>>
What software can take a webm and reverse it so that it will play backwards when I post it?
>>
>>57506645
ffmpeg
>>
I installed xubuntu on my laptop and the fonts hurt my eyes
>>
>>57506645
Maybe openshot?
>>
>>57506677
Yeah, I'm trying to follow some script online, but I don't want to reboot into my linux os at the moment

I've already done this
ffmpeg -i "input.webm" -an -qscale 1 temp/%06d.jpg

but I'm stuck here:
cat $(ls -r temp/*jpg) | ffmpeg -f image2pipe -vcodec mjpeg -r 25 -i - -c:v libvpx -crf 20 -b:v $FRAMERATE $CROPSCALE -threads 0 -an "output.webm"

I don't know the equivalent commands on windows for
cat $(ls -r temp/*jpg)
and I don't know what my framerate/cropscale values should be.
>>
>>57506722
Stop dual booting in 2016. Do you "look ma i'm a hax0r" dicking around in a virtual machine.
>>
>have regular ps4
>720 tv

If I were to upgrade would it be stay at 1080? I want 4k for future proofing, but I'm hearing the normal ps4 on a 4k tv might not look that great due to upscaling.

also if I did buy a new tv it would be 40 inches and most reviewers swear 4k resolution doesn't matter until you're watching at least 65 inch tvs and a certain viewing distance?

and no I'm not gonna buy the Pro
>>
>>57506722
There's stuff like Cygwin for running that stuff on Windows. Until this post, I'd forgotten most of you don't have something like that.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161114-152541.png (251KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161114-152541.png
251KB, 1440x2560px
Why has this started using lots of battery lately? Had this s7 non meme edge exynos for 6 months now and it's been fine otherwise.
>>
Is it okay to suck on my chubby bf's nipples?
>>
>>57506743
Oh... I forgotten that I had that. Still I don't know what my framerate/cropscale values should be.
>>
>>57506814
only if you're a guy and his penis is flacid
>>
a program to download important windows applications after a clean install and also keeps those programs updated.
>>
Can anyone do anything really awful knowing only your phone number number and a throwaway email account? I'm leading a scammer on, thinking the worst he could do is sign my number up for telemarketing or maybe give me harassing calls.
>>
>>57506876
yeah
>>
>>57506834
Well ninite is good for quick downloads for everything up to date.
>>
>>57506894
yeah he could fuck me or yeah some harassment is the worst that could happen?
>>
What's the point of a motherboard? Isn't it just a tray that you plug shit into? Does a "better motherboard" actually increase performance, or does it just have more slots for newer technologies?

Feel free to call me retarded.
>>
>>57506909
oh yeah
>>
>>57506904
thanks brah
>>
>>57506910
Generally speaking within a generation it's something to plug other things into and if it has the ports you need it'll do what you want.

Generationally speaking even if the ports are physically compatible often newer chipsets will support different protocols or versions of protocols over the same physical port.
>>
>>57506917
You're right. The more I think about it, I think I should just gonna break it off. He does have my real phone number, and I'd rather play it safe. I'll get the next guy.
>>
On every Linux distro I've tried so far, in the US keyboard layout, the backslash/pipe key makes the < and > symbols. Am I missing something?
>>
>>57506946
Could you dumb-down that last line for me? What affects do these newer chipsets or protocols or whatnot have? I really don't have any idea what that last line means.
>>
File: Traffic Help.png (11KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Traffic Help.png
11KB, 819x460px
Say I'm pulling out of a parking lot onto a street like this. Say I wanna go left. Do I first turn into the center left turn lane and then merge into the right lane, or do I just pull across both lanes?
>>
>>57498930

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

>>57507076
>>57507076
>>57507076
>>
>>57507010
I.e. while physically PCI-E ports haven't changed, running a GTX1080 in a PCI-E 2.0 port can't get 100% utilization while 3.0 can. Also often CPU sockets are either the same or similar but aren't backwards/forward compatible.
>>
>>57506722
>cat $()
how pointless, just ls alone does the same thing

just do "dir /b temp\*jpg"
>>
I need some help. My computer has oddly been turning itself on at 3:00 A.M. if I put it in Sleep Mode. I have no idea what's causing this, but it just started on Thursday. Is there anyway to fix this?
>>
>>57507776
Don't worry about it ;)
>>
I installed Cyanogenmod 13 on my Verizon LG G3 and I have been trying to restore my apps with Titanium Backup, but for some reason, it freezes whenever I try restoring it and stays at 0% until I restart my phone. I've tried changing the app processing mode, but it all causes the same issue. Is there something obvious I'm missing? What should I do to fix this?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.