[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NES MINI SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 15

4 MILLION SALES IN FIRST WEEK

>Emulation of the entire NES library has been freely available for years
>People will still pay online scalpers 15 times inflated prices for the Mini NES that is limited to 30 games
>Proof that people don't care about free software
>>
if thats true why arent you exploiting it for your own profit?
>>
What did you expect?
It's so kyuuuute
>>
>>57494131
Most normies haven't a clue what emulation is, let alone download ROMs and set them up to play them. That few that do would find the process intimidating, despite being easy for us.

The reason this is selling well is that this is a simple, easy to use, solution.
>>
>>57494142
It's too late for that
The nest opportunity to scalp is in december when the second batch arrive. I think it will reach even higher prices assuming it ships before christmas
>>
They just need to make a mini ThinkPad, like 5 inch. IBM branded obviously.

>inb4 but anon you forgot the x3285932e.nano
>>
I bought one because I've been enjoying the free roms for years and I wanted to give something back.
>>
>>57494173
>tfw no remastered thinkpad 701c butterfly
>>
>>57494131
>Proof that people don't care about libre software
FTFY
>>
>>57494164
Add to that the nostalgia it brings. I bet many people are buying it because of that.
>>
>>57494208
This, I'm sure many people buying these use NES emulators, these things are still neat. Hell I've already got a metric buttload of NES ROMs with emulators on all my devices and will still probably buy one of thses
>>
>>57494131
emulation is illegal, unless you manually dump your own roms
>>
>>57494258
You can legally download ROMs of games you own.
>>
>>57494258
When has that stopped people?
>>
>>57494258
>>57494260
This. If you own it, you can get a back up from anywhere
>>
>nes mini gets released
>everyone going full meltdown
>walk into my local electronic store
>buy two at normal price
>keep one, sell the other for double
free nes mini
>>
>>57494240
desu i wouldn't even buy the console itself but rather the controller, at least for me that makes it totally worth it for the nostalgia part, it's like playing PSone games with an Xbone/360 controller, if you owned the real PSone and played with a dualshock it just feel wrong [spoiler]and specially without a CRT[/spoiler].
>>
>>57494279

You got conned. Should have sold it for 5-10 times more.
>>
>>57494164
That's not true, emulation has been known to normies since the early 2000s
>>
honestly, I just always wanted a mini version of the nes. I hope nintendo gets the hint and makes a mini snes later on and considers "CONSIDERS" making a mini n64. (unlikely) Now, am i willing to pay more than 59.99 b4 tax for it? hell no. Anyone that does is encouraging the scalpers and it will never stop so long as someone just HAS to get it or else their spouse's child won't love them.

for shits and gigs i replied to 3 crabs list ads asking over 300 burger bucks and offered 59.99 and 5 bucks for their trouble. no replies naturally. Plan on using my friends phones to spam msrp offers till my troll boner is satisfied.
>>
>>57494131
>not scalping the NES Mini
joke's on you, OP
>>
>>57494260
Does this apply on games/DVDs?
Pirated Fallout 3 works perfectly while in legit one on Steam you have to fuck with .ini files etc.
>>
>>57494260
>>57494274
No, you can't. You can legally dump your own ROMs only. Yes, my Excitebike cartridge has the same exact sequence of bits as your Excitebike cartridge, and copying a dump I did has the same end result, but you're only allowed to dump your own cartridge.
Not to mention, the site distributing the ROMs most likely does not have permission to distribute them.
>>
File: 1479018892479.jpg (421KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1479018892479.jpg
421KB, 1920x1085px
>>57494543

I'm saving up for when the Switch comes out. I'm gonna buy a truck full to sell on ebay.
>>
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug
>>
>>57494131
>free software

People are obviously buying it for the plastic case, not the software.

Secondly, no one gives a shit about "freedom." A consumer wants the thing for which he paid to perform as specified. RMS is a fat faggot whose sole accomplishments are a C compiler and a text editor. Wow, an undergrad could make both of those things for a senior project. Like a typical Jew, he eschews pursuing excellence in his field and instead goes to promote some Marxist cause.
>>
I'll just wait until February/March and snap one up on eBay for £15.
>>
are people still using zsnes? or snes9x?
>>
>>57494131
Compare the success of the nes mini to the failure of the ouya. Is it that Nintendo has good will and people are nostalgic? The ouya would be a technically superior console for emulation, barring the presentation and controllers. I also recognize the price difference, but the nes mini confuses me more than the ouya. If you bought one or the other, what is the difference to you?
>>
again with the member berries

stop holding on to the past
>>
>>57494192
They're only like 200$ when they show up on Ebay
>>
>>57494164
Pretty much this. Safe to say those of us with any experience with emulation or other similar means of accessing the library do not really fall within the target audience for this thing. And though I can't speak for all, I think it's safe to say the same also applies to those of us who still own a working, original NES.
>>
>>57495081
That would be foolish. There's a reason the Switch isn't being released in time for Christmas and the NES Mini is.
>>
>>57495336
the NES has tens of millions of fans and a multi-decade legacy
>why did a no-name console not outsell it?
>>
>>57494445
during*

only one generation i think, from what wikis and documentaries tell me. i am 18 and i rarely find people my age or younger that know much about any emulation. most that do know that "you can download it and play for free," nothing else.
>>
>>57495112
All them member berries
>>
>no Paperboy
>no Skate or Die 2
Fuck that. For the same price you can get a singleboard computer with everything you could possibly need to run it, a NES usb controller, a miniature NES case for it, and any fucking idiot can follow the simple as shit guides to set it up.
>>
>>57495417
Why do people still pretend this is a big new idea

The fucking OP suggested emulation
>>
>>57494258
Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>57494445
Somewhat. I used to sell Atari 2600 systems on eBay back then. System + two dozen games would go for $150 easily. Two years later, it would sell for maybe $50, not even worth the effort to pack & ship.

I blamed the rise of emulation, I think around that time, Atari 2600 emulation actually started to get good. Primitive as the system is, it was notoriously tricky to properly emulate. Though thinking further about it, if you were looking for an Atari 2600, chances are you were probably nerdy enough to know about emulation. For all the people who didn't foray far from Myspace or Facebook, probably not so much.
>>
>>57495331
I use it when dicking around with lunar magic, but nowadays Retroarch beats almost everything
>>
The NES Mini is actually powered by open source software, saw a stream and the about/settings panel had an "open source" tab.
>>
>>57495503
You will be hard pressed to find multimedia electronics that don't use parts of the Linux kernel, ffmpeg or mplayer
>>
>>57494623
They do t have permission to distribute them for sure but you can download roms of games you own, it's some kind of legal protection involving purchased property and potentially damaged data (like how sony says it's okay if you own them because discs scratch)
>>
>>57494131

The people who are buying the mini NES are fans, I'm pretty sure a lot of them have used emulations software.

t. big nintendo fan and user of emulation software who will buy this
>>
>>57495347
but well m8, i want the newest one, the modern one
>>
File: shut up and take my money.jpg (74KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
shut up and take my money.jpg
74KB, 800x500px
>>57494131
Now imagine what fortune they could make if they dropped a Mini SNES.
>>
>>57495503
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/oss/index.html
>>
poor horders,those hipster will break in their houses and steal those mini profit much
>>
>>57494274
You dont even need to won it.
>>57494623
maybe in 1995, this is 2016 anon.. nobody gives a fuck anymore.
>>
File: IMG_20161113_223804.jpg (865KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_223804.jpg
865KB, 1920x1080px
>>57494510
>mini snes
Buy an r4 and he pirate the iso... works really good
>>
I use a microUSB to HDMI cable and use a bluetooth controller to emulate games on my phone on the TV.

NES is overrated compared to SNES or PS1 though, I definitely wouldn't pay money for that.
>>
>>57496039
Wait for the SNES mini getting announced any time now.
>>
>>57494131

i remember how blown away i was when I discovered Nesticle and Genecyst back in the 90's. It was and still is just too good to be true that all those great games are up for grabs
>>
>>57494131
NES games are proprietary though
>>
speaking of emulation any recommendations for a genesis style controller for PC? currently using an old 360 controller and the d pad is a catshit afterthought, Don't need analog sticks i mainly play NES and Genesis games (muh childhood)
>>
So when will somebody hack it to play other games?
>>
>>57496193
Not anytime soon. the internal memory is not an sd card glued to the motherboard.
>>
why is this on here and not on
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
>>57496020
Man I really should hack my 3ds
>>
>>57496217
>this isn't technology
>>
>>57496262
Not that guy but just because it's related to technology doesn't mean it's not more appropriate /v/. It's like when people use nazi uniforms as an excuse to talk about white nationalism on /fa/.
>>
>>57496214
>implying that's relevant
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5cgbkm/linux_on_nes_classic_mini_current_progress_and/
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg (104KB, 459x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg
104KB, 459x400px
>>57496249
Its not a hack. Its pix related
>>
More importantly, people will still pay money to nintendo, the worst video game company by a mile
>>
>>57496302
Just a reminder that Nintendo is the only game publisher in the world that can get away with selling 2 identical games on the same release day for the same full retail price.
>>
>>57494131
>NES ROMs
>free software
are you retarded
>>
>>57494131
what the fuck
a RPi3 costs like 40$ and you can play any of your shitty NES games you wish on your TV and even more.

there are even RPi emulator packs on ebay if you are too dumb to install retropie or too lazy to buy all the components and controlers
>>
>>57496352
And destroy huge fan projects, aggresively pursue legal action against people that even as much as looks wrong at their IP's, make shitty consoles, enforce shitty gimmicks on devs, force destructive marketing campaigns that hurt the entire industry, and generally just being the worst
>>
>>57496352
What game?

I know Mariokart 8 and 7 were the same,

And ssb Wii u and ssb Wii were exactly the same.

But what was released on the same day?
>>
>>57495417
the USB controller doesn't feel the same
>>
>>57494131
>>Proof that people don't care about free software
you are batshit retarded.
>>
>>57494164

>>57495348 is right.

All the normies I know about KNOW about emulation because they've seen my softmodded Wii that I use to play older consoles, but despite the fact they think it's cool, they don't feel it's as 'authentic' as using the older hardware to play these games.

Nintendo hit the nail on the head by providing something that even emulates the fact you're using offical, older hardware.
>>
>>57495347
They're also 21 years old when they show up on eBay
>>
>>57496524
Emulation with a softmodded Wii on a CRT was so damn good.
>>
>>57496418

Just shows you've never played either of those games on WiiU. MK8 is literally the greatest racing game ever made and reviews confirm it. SSB is also awesome and was a hit on the pro scene. http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_national_tournaments
>>
File: trim_OMG.png (2MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
trim_OMG.png
2MB, 1200x800px
>>57494131
>proof that people don't care about free software
>nes mini runs gnu/linux and has a documented SoC

??????
>>
It's sold out everywhere because Nintendo is doing their usual scarcity bullshit where they send each store literally 2 units each to make people go "IT'S SOLD OUT SO IT MUST BE SUPER POPULAR" and they can keep prices high in the future because scalpers will be trying to sell them for even higher prices.

Also >>>/v/
>>
>>57496541
>reviews
>not user reviews
Fucking idiot. Just cause they say its good doesn't mean its good.

And yes I have mariokart 8 and it is literally a few dif maps and you go upside down. Fuck off stupid nintendo fanboy
>>
File: profits.png (290KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
profits.png
290KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 9 point one.jpg (74KB, 682x481px) Image search: [Google]
9 point one.jpg
74KB, 682x481px
>>57496753
>>not user reviews

#REKT
#BTFO
>>
>>57496777

#TOLD
>>
>>57496777
>just cause they sat its good doesn't mean its good

You were talking about the big reviewers not the user reviews.

You are obviously underaged and should go back to >>>/v/
>>
File: 1474489517143.png (25KB, 432x218px) Image search: [Google]
1474489517143.png
25KB, 432x218px
>It's cheaper to buy a Nes Mini than to buy the individual games themselves on Virtual Console
>>
>>57494182
>wanted to give something back
Cuck
>>
File: BLO_4586-Edit-Edit.jpg (551KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
BLO_4586-Edit-Edit.jpg
551KB, 700x700px
>>57496837

You got #TOLD

Professional reviewers score is 88.
>>
>>57496249
Hack my anus too please
>>
>>57494192
That keyboard design would break all the time.
>>
if only it could connect to a crt then maybe i could sell these 21" screens to nostalgiafags
>>
>>57495773
the mini NES has SNES games on it
>>
>>57497188
it doesn't
the confusion comes from the final fantasy games which were never released in the west, causing the snes FF6 to be named FF3 in the US
>>
>>57496020
How's the emulation is it as good as new 3ds?
>>
if it had an SD slot for moar games i'd buy one. theres maybe 4 of the preloaded games that i like
>>
In the european region, does this come with european ROMs? Would be a waste if it did.
>>
>>57497322
It's dogshit on both. The two optimized games (Megaman X, SMW) work decently but the rest of the library is a crapshoot.
>>
>>57497397
euro and NA versions are the same, jp is cuter famicom design with about 5 or 6 different games to the NES version
>>
>>57497361
It's not for you
>>
>>57494131
But man it just doesn't feel "right" playing it on the PC.

That's why we gamers prefer to sit on our couch playing our $100 games on REAL HARDWARE.
>>
>>57494131
Fuck off back to /vr/
>>
i play mine on an xbox connected to a 28" crt. they feel wrong without scanlines, and the scanline filters for LCD look like ass
>>
>>57497084
Sent u a PM ;)
>>
>>57494164
>>57496524
>>57495112
>>57495916
>>57497598
>>57497598
This is the real problem, joke or not, normies are anti-learning. they make up shit on the spot to prevent themselves from having it. When I was in college, I brought a laptop full of sets of pretty much everything besides N64 and PSX, and still had the major hits of those on it. Everyone was having fun and they were so interested that they were going to look it up later. But there's always a couple of pieces of shit:

>>Umm isn't that illegal?
>no, wan't to play your old games again?
>>Ummm I'm not going to jail
>Even if this was "illegal", I'd be the one in trouble, besides nobody gives a shit about these 40 year old games
>Ummm well they'll "find out" somehow so no thanks

then we have entire meme boards like /vr/ who basically spout the same thing, teach themselves en masse to not use emulators for meme "feel" reasons and then spend $300+ on a N64 flash cart to play common games so they can be "better" than both real hardware and emulators as they play ocarina of time at 320 x 200 as their i5 and 1080p monitor rots away doing nothing
>>
I'm going to put every NES, SNES, and N64 game on my Raspberry Pi and pretend I'm poor.
>>
>sold out already
>sells for $60 at my local Best Buy
>auctions on eBay going for hundreds of dollars with active bidders

FUCK
>>
>>57497778
reminds me of smashmyps3 and all the copies
someone go do this with an old nes. I don't know if this is going to make them shoot up, or go down in value.

same thing happened with earthbound secret club shits when it was released on VC

>noooooo muh club muh normies, shouldnt have access to this game!!!!! noooooooo!!!!!!
>>
>>57494131
I bought one, would buy a SNES version if they made it as well.
>>
>>57497834
>emulation just doesn't feel right
>buys RP2 in a cute box for an authentic experience
Worse than the nostalgiafags who buy every cartridge with the case included so it costs +$100 then they end up using some hybrid console that let's them play Genesis, NES, SNES games all on the same machine because plugging 3 different machines up to a TV gets annoying fast. But it's their money so it doesn't bother me until they try to throw that non-argument that emulating doesn't "feel right" at me while they use a raspberry pi 2 in a cute box.
>>
>>57497834
>>57498030
Didn't mean to quote
>>
>>57498030
Why the fuck did you quote me, bitch?

I bought it because it looked kawaii, a raspberry pi would be a better solution if you actually gave a fuck about shitty old video games
>>
>>57498041
>>57498051
tfw didn't see this post before I posted and now I look really rude
>>
>>57496020
Why the fuck are you using SNEmulDS on a 3DS? That shit is meant for DS and has extremely low accuracy (as in super mario world doesn't work properly levels of accuracy).
>>
>>57497683
I'm not gonna lie, you can't blame people who see how fucking anal companies are to protect their IPs.

Personally, I think emulation is stupid only because if I'm on the PC, I'd rather just play games designed for the PC not console games I've played to death already. If I must emulate, I will but I'd rather play actual PC games.
>>
>>57498121
I'm very pro-emulation but I've always had the problem of convenience when it comes to using my PC to play both PC and emulated console games.

It's like, am I supposed to open the emulator with my mouse, select all the settings and the rom, and then put my mouse down and switch to controller? That's what I do, but it feels messy and inconvenient. Also setting up dualshock controllers has always been a pain, with all the different drivers available and whatnot, whereas Xbox controllers setup automatically but have a shit D-Pad.
>>
Emulation is great, was playing GameCube the other day and it is so much better than actual hardware. Up them textures up to 4K and resolution to 1080p and it's amazing.
>>
>>57498198
you only have to set this up one time per emulator and then you can just start it with the mouse and go right to the controller. Also, if you want an emulator that lets you change settings with the controller, retroarch has this.

You can also use the mouse for console games, I did this for the duke nukem games on the N64 and while it was a little weird, it was much more fun to play.

>>57498230
one of the most ironic things about N64 and dolphin is how the console had the high res textures the entire time, but it always just cuts them down. hardware shits insist upon creationist tier biblical MUH ORIGINAL but you actually ARE getting the original textures as they are in the rom, you finally have the hardware to use them.
>>
>>57498282
>one of the most ironic things about N64 and dolphin is how the console had the high res textures the entire time

You should see DS games when they're upscaled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-NOufvJLeo
>>
File: 1478579173066.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478579173066.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
>>57494131

But it's stupid because it doesn't come with the good games and you can't even buy them. It's not quite ps4 tier stupid (re-buying all your games for a console that's not next gen) but pretty close.

So worth $0 basically, right?
>>
>>57498540
>doesn't come with the good games

It comes with the funnest, most accessible NES classics that have aged pretty well (aside from the shitty Nintendo IPs like Balloon fight and Iceclimbers which are just on there because of the brand).

but
>LoZ 1 and 2
>Mega Man
>Gradius
>Kid Icarus
>Bubble Bobble
>Ghost and Goblins

Are these not fun to you? Even if you were to play the role of the 'hardcore l33t gamer' you wouldn't call these fun?
>>
>>57498282
Really? I didn't even know, no wonder why it looks so good. What are some games that really show this?
>>
>>57498623
Literally all of them. Personal favorite is F-Zero GX, also freaking love it at 5760 x 1080. Let me go get pics.

But

>>57498331

is a good example on what you should be expecting.
>>
File: weebs.png (11KB, 1057x96px) Image search: [Google]
weebs.png
11KB, 1057x96px
>>57496020
>SNES
>ISO

>>57497834
>>57498051
>>57498058
>>
I want one
>>
>>57494131
>$60
>short controller cables
>only 30 games, no online store
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?! This shit would have sold like crazy if you could at least buy more games for it..
>>
>>57499213
It's a novelty and nothing more.
Once the nostalgia goggles wear off there's gonna be a lot of buyer's remorse.
>>
>Famicom Mini
>>
>>57498815
Alrighty would love to see some. I am thinking about installing the emulator sooner or later. To bad I sold all my GameCube adapters.
>>
>>57498117
he's probably some faggot who didn't A9LH his 3ds
>>
>>57494258
>emulation is illegal

I'm guessing you never drive over the speed limit or watch a youtube video that is not uploaded by the copyright holder?
>>
>>57494131
It's illegal to share ROMs faget
>>
>>57497683
still going on about the mythical $300 OoT player, eh?

I respek ur devotion to shitposting, but you're still an idiot.
>>
>>57500245
Not NES games, dumbass
>>
>>57496418
Pokémon.
>>
>>57494131
there are like 10 of these at a goofy little hipster store here in town, i think they wanted $70 for them, are these really going for $250 on ebay?
>>
>work at Target
>will have access to it before the store opens
I think they're getting a new shipment tomorrow. If only they didn't work at Target I'd be able to afford more than one lol. I'll resell for $150 via PayPal. If anyone is interested let me know. They get sold out within the first 10 mins of opening.
>>
>>57498969
I forgot what it was so I just said ISO hoping people would understand

>>57498117
>>57500050
>waaa just cause someone told me its bad means its bad
https://youtu.be/t1-Trlkhk30

>>57497322
Some games don't load.
Everygame that has loaded is real good though. And the R4 allows any DS game which works really well.
>>
>>57496837
#include <told.h>
>>
>>57494131
I wonder if Nintendo will make Yellow & Red versions of this :Kappa:
>>
>>57500258
>want to show you proof
>would mean one of us has to go to /vr/
this is the joke.

alternatively, I was just massively trolled by a ton of different people pretending to have a flash cart... also equally retarded but I have to entertain it
>>
>>57494131
>30 games
wat
the complete set of (US) roms is around 120MiB (zipped)
a flash chip that can store those nowadays costs peanuts
>>
File: facepalm01.png (14KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm01.png
14KB, 800x600px
>>57503155
>not using code tags
>>
File: HTB1m11LIpXXXXbtXFXXq6xXFXXXK.jpg (403KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1m11LIpXXXXbtXFXXq6xXFXXXK.jpg
403KB, 1000x1333px
>>57504244
they can't distribute other company's shit

anyway, this thing is basically an officially branded meme tv game.

my dream is to be a ceo of any of these companies and inherit nostalgia and then shit all over it only to see them eat it up like a candy bar and ask for more
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.