[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Friday I had a group coding project due. It was worth 20%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: USA201606021700.png (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
USA201606021700.png
1MB, 1200x800px
Last Friday I had a group coding project due. It was worth 20% of my marks for the semester and was moderately complex. I was in a group of 4 people.

The previous weekend I literally coded half of the assignment from scratch myself and then handed it off that Monday to the other 3 people to finish off for Friday. They didn't do any work on it.

On Thursday one messaged me saying that they couldn't do it and that I had to finish coding all of it. I said no.

We all got zero marks for it (it wouldn't even compile).

Did I do good?
>>
no you just wrote a bunch of shitty unintelligible code
>>
Serious dejavu right here
>>
>>57493311
Whenever that happens just remove their names and put a note on the work about their refusal.
>>
>>57493474
yeah i remember someone posting about the tantrum they threw at the last minute and how they flunked an assignment and expected their instructor to be sympathetic despite them never having warned the TA or anyone that they were upset.

this sounds *exactly* like that thread.
>>
Yeah, I agree with you. Had this happen to me once, and ever since, I asked to not be on the same group.
>>
Talk to your professor and show emails and timestamps on the documents you sent
>>
>>57493311
You should always complete group assignments by yourself.
>>
That's nigger tier work ethic. You should have done the job and let the professor know it was all you.

In the real world, shit has to get done. If you come into work as the Assistant Manager at McDonalds (where you belong) and the guy who worked the shift before you left a toilet overflowing shit water into the lobby, it's now your problem and if you don't fix it it's on you.

You deserve the zero for not getting the job done. And if I owned that mcdonalds and found out you didn't take care of that shit water, I don't give a fuck if somebody else was supposed to fix it
>>
>tfw this is copy pasta

I've been here too long...
>>
If they can't code just tell them to do other shit. I was always the coding guy and other people in my group were making presentations, "documentation" and that kind of shit. I was finishing these exercises in few nights while they were struggling with writing bullshit for a few weeks.
>>
Dear /g/

Last Friday we had a coding project due. It was worth 20% of our marks for the semester and was moderately complex. There were four of us.

The previous weekend, a guy in our group wanted to literally code half of the assignment from scratch himself. He handed it off to us that Monday and told us to finish it off for Friday.

First of all, he packaged his code into a Gentoo package. So we had to spend several days figuring out how to install Gentoo before we could even get to his code. After we finally opened the package, we discovered he wrote the entire thing using Lisp even though the project was supposed to be in Java.

On Thursday, we messaged him saying we couldn't do it and that he had to finish coding all of it. He said no.

We all got zero marks for it (it wouldn't even compile).

Did he do good?
>>
>>57493311
>only able to get a flat B at best
nope
looks like you'll be average at best
most people are
it's okay
>>
>>57493311
If it wouldn't compile, you're a fucking idiot. You didn't even test if your part of the project worked prior to handing it off?
>>
>>57494197
Well, you installed Gentoo, didn't you?
>>
File: 1447211641284.jpg (427KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1447211641284.jpg
427KB, 800x1000px
>mfw they are replying to pasta
>>
>>57493311

4th year CS student here, I've only ever done one project that someone actually bothered to help with and she just basically did a text-output log she copy pasta'd off Google.

Every other project I've done 100% of the work. Other people leave it to the last second and either fail or turn in stuff they've copy pasta'd

People are trash. Believe me, those people slowly but surely get weeded out. Final year and the people who coasted the entire time are finally struggling as they should be.
>>
>>57495900
This. I've had fucking awful group projects, but most of the time these are the same retards that drop out or then can't get a job (or anything but a shit tier one) because as soon as a basic BS test comes up in an interview they can't answer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.