[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Bank General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_1.png (74KB, 449x439px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
74KB, 449x439px
What is the best power bank on the market?
Is there one brand that /g/ recommends?
What powerbank do you use?
etc.
>>
File: 1478899330244.jpg (124KB, 720x790px) Image search: [Google]
1478899330244.jpg
124KB, 720x790px
>>57491641
I was thinking about getting one but not sure if I'm allowed to bring on a plane?
>>
whichever one is on sale and has the highest mah to dollar ratio
>>57491696
you are, just not in your checked bag
>>
Can't go wrong with xiaomi powerbanks
>>
>>57491814

mAh values can be greatly inflated beyond real world performance. Don't trust the chinks on those.
>>
>>57492019
this love my xaiomi
>>
>>57491814
is there a certain size that you cant bring, I had mine taken away on a flight from the US to Japan
>>
>>57492583
I think it is just random
>>
>>57491641
What do you want to use it for?
Charging phones/tablets?
Get something ~10000 mAh.
Running a small project/Going on a long trip?
Get ~20000 mAh ± Solar charging.
Make sure to pick something with 2.1 A output at least.
and a little flash light is an added bonus.
>>
>>57491696
>>57491814
>>57492583
by IATA rules you can't bring on a plane more 100Wh of batteries total.
that's why some macbooks have 98.5Wh (?) battery,
>>
>>57491696
you could always get one that accepts AA batteries, and take some NiMH rechargeables. The batteries-on-planes problem is due the the fact that lithium batteries can fairly easily catch fire if they overheat (which can happen if they're short circuited) or exposed to other adverse conditions. NiMH doesn't do this.

An AA-powered power bank also gives you the option of just buying alkalines from literally anywhere if you don't have your rechargeables.
>>
>>57495010
>lithium batteries
That include phones.
>>
>>57494850
I got a Zilu Power Station Basic 13000mAh a couple years ago that does pretty much all of this. I can even charge two devices off it at once. And, the led is super convenient.
>>
>>57495041
>the led is super convenient.
Yes, I have near my bed and light it whenever I wake in the middle of the night.
>>
Silicone power. 7000 mAh, 6854 actual (uses Samsung 25r cells). Two USB charge ports (1.0A and 2.1A), micro USB for charging, four led indicator and a led flashlight. It recharges and charges devices really fast (on the 2.1A). The price was around 28$ but I think it can be found for less.
>>
Anker is the best, I have the Powercore 10k but I kinda wish I'd gotten the 20k version that charges with USB-C
>>
>>57491641
I bought an anker powerbank last week
It was my first powerbank
Its pretty useful
>>
>>57495099
Enjoy your house fire
>>
Anker or Aukey
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.