[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routers/Modems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (53KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
53KB, 500x237px
Rather than leasing their modem, I'm looking to buy a modem/router. The connection will be some dual-DSL connection that totals to 20Mbps. What modem aside from the ActionTec C1000A do you guys recommend?

>CenturyLink

Don't judge me, I've literally had NO problems with them whatsoever while I've had nothing but trouble from Comcast.
>>
Pfsense and vigornic 132.
>>
One specification: it's got to be VDSL2 compatible.

Help please?
>>
>>57490907
>leasing a modem

Is this an American thing? I haven't seen a modem that isn't a router in the UK in six years. A modem/router costs well under $50 - why would someone lease one?
>>
>>57491661

Most likely. CenturyLink offers to lease their modem to their customer for somewhere between $10-15/month.

Still, what's a good modem to use for VDSL2?
>>
bump, what's a good modem/router for VDSL2?
>>
>>57493261
TP Link VR600 is supposed to be good.
>>
>>57490907
homie. I'm a centurylink customer who did a similar thing that you're thinking about doing. If I were you.... Don't get anything from them other than the C1000A. If you are leasing one right now, keep it. When I went to buy a modem/router from them, they made me send that C1000A back to them to send me a "newer model" which has been nothing but problems. Then they charged me for not sending the C1000A back even though I had sent it back. They are notorious for this so I saved my receipt, called them and they refunded me the $100+ fee. All the other ones that have sent me have been inferior to the C1000A. I wish I had it back.

I'm not trying to bash centurylink. I've had way worse experience with cable companies also. I'm just saying I wouldn't get any of their other routers/modems if you have the C1000A already.
>>
>>57493261
>DSL

you would have a better use of your phone line by using it to order a normal cable connection
>>
any network fags out there?

i have two computer connected to a gigabit switch and gigabit switch is connected to a cheap ass 100mb router

whats the speed between two computers? gigabit or the 100mbit
>>
>>57493531

Thanks for the advice friend, but I'm starting my service in December. I haven't ordered the C1000A yet so I'm fine.

This is why I'm trying to find a better modem/router, so I don't need to pay a monthly fee. Do you have any recommendations?
>>
I have a C1000A on my CenturyLink service and it's been working well. I have the modem set up as a transparent bridge. I set up my router using my pppoe credentials, so it does everything.

The C1000A is a fucking piece of shit though, you would often have to reboot it access the administration panel. It's been pretty stable since I switched to my own router though.
>>
>>57493590
Gigabit
>>
>>57490907
Isn't century-link a datacenter NOC service?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.