[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan.md

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Should 4chan support Markdown?

https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/
>>
>>57488760
>Markdown
>>>/reddit/
>>
I'd prefer it to a single bb code.
>>
File: 4axnjf_0.jpg (193KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4axnjf_0.jpg
193KB, 750x1024px
>>57488760
yes
>>57488770
>>>>/reddit/
You think commiting yourself to the beyond retarded collective circlejerk of this clearnet abortion-dumpster makes you so fucking cool? Thank God you slobs never reach outside of your mother's basement.
>>
No need for this to happen. I'd like LaTeX support on /g/ though.
>that one time it was implemented a couple years ago
>>
>>57488981
Doesn't LaTeX need to be compiled?
>>
File: perfect.jpg (138KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
138KB, 682x1024px
>>57489028
>>57488981
>>
>not commonmark
>>
>>57488760
Wakabamark would be just enough.
>>
>>57489028
It exists on >>>/sci/
>>
>>57489028
Mathjax just needs to be added to the page JS
>>
>>57488965
>ranting against faggots that live underground
>posting some random bith picture that only said faggots would drool or know who the fuck is.

You are not even trying or you don't understand the world caught up to the "samefagging" meme.
>>
>>>> leddit xd
>>
couldn't an extension just try and parse each individual post element as a markdown post?

like make it optional. if a user doesn't use the extension then it should be no big deal because markdown should look readable in plain text.
>>
John Gruber is a pretentious fucker that does nothing but suck apples dick and reboot other people's articles with a couple sentences of commentary.
>>
>>57491473
Yeah except for all the random asterisks and underscores and shit that will make posts obnoxious to read no matter how the post is formatted.
>>
>>57493137
i mean existing markdown parsers do a reasonably good job of ignoring syntax that doesn't parse properly. and if the post doesn't validate, you can just fall back to presenting it as plain text
>>
>>57493230
So I'll need to run another script on each and every page on this site so I can read posts the way they're supposed to be presented just so some random obnoxious fag can stand out a little better when he tries to derail threads with his shitposts?
>>
>>57488760
Fuck yeah that would be cool af
Much more opportunity to meme harder
>>
>>57488760
markdown is fucking shit
>>
>>57493270
no. you don't need to do anything. i don't even know what you're responding to in my post that you misunderstood.
>>
>>57488760
Markdown is available on /g/ and on 4chan, but this feature is locked down to moderators only.
>>
>markdown
literally rebbit format and also a fucking dogshit format
>>
>>57488760
JSON
S
O
N
>>
>>57495352
Whats your point, retard?
>>
AsciiDoc seems better, but I like markdown.
>>
Why all the markdown hate?

I love markdown becasue it's perfectly readable in plain text.
>>
>>57488760
Fuck off mactard
>>>/fa/
>>
>>57488760
no, it's garbage
>>
it should be disabled for threads with post limit disabled, it would make opening them extremely slow
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.