[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Firefox become so slow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.svg.png (1MB, 2000x2119px) Image search: [Google]
Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.svg.png
1MB, 2000x2119px
How did Firefox become so slow?
>>
>>57488606
yeah what the hell happened. it used to be the fastest until chrome came along. now it's slow and its interface and rendering looks outdated. I'm hoping for it to get good enough to use as my main browser, fuck jewgle
>>
>>57488688
The fuck? Chrome is always faster for me, and I'm not running the most amazing specs in the world.
>>
I'm using Brave now and it's very fast.
>>
>>57488606
It doesn't integrate into your botnet as well as Chrome, which was built around it. Try using a botnet free OS and you'll see a difference.
>>
File: laugh.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>57488841
>Brave
>very fast
>>
Engine is shit because freedom and Mozilla devs are shit tier now.
Semi walled garden chrome funded by Google has a better engine.
>>
It just seems that way because Chrome has never slowed down.
>>
>>57488606
The internet got shittier.
>>
@57488941
Thanks anonymous user
>>
>57488941
>didn't get the new update
kek
>>
Oh, i thought it was only for me, as my PC is getting older.
But yeah FF is ahving trouble lately. Maybe not if you navigate one stuff at the time, but I always have fuckton of tabs. Which FF used to be the best to deal with. Not now...alternatives/tips?
>>
>become
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>57488606
it's not bad per se, it's just compared to chrome, it has some annoying differences if you're not used to it. whenever i try to switch to FF I always have problems with fullscreen html5 video performance and staying fullscreen. often glitches out and doesn't go fullscreen- just takes up the whole space of the tab instead of the screen. the gui isn't as slick nor the html rendering. the buttons just don't look as good. also i have more problems trying to write javascript/css with firefox than chrome. maybe it's just what I'm used to but getting css and javascript to work exactly the way i want seems a bit harder. it's also a bit slower somehow, I think google has some caching thing they do where it's a little bit faster. feels that way anyway.

also I don't know if they're fully done that electron thing for multiple processes for each tab but that took a while to implement. firefox was unusable for me on my older PCs because of that. one slow tab crashed the whole browser.
>>
Firefox still has a lot of old code which isn't optimized for modern hardware. Firefox got 64-bit support late and it's just now in the process of implementing multi-process support (even Internet Explorer has that). Honestly it would probably be easier for Mozilla to finish Servo and then create an entirely new web browser instead of incorporating the code into Firefox.
>>
>>57488606
For real. I love Firefox but it's become so slow lately. I've temporarily switched to Chromium and I'll keep using it until they start rolling out the Quantum engine on Nightly.
>>
@57488988 @57488941 You forgot to mention that you need to install the userscript that enables replies. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11960-posting
>>
>>57488606
Wrong target platform.
>>
>>57488606
It's because everything else got faster.
>>
File: 5903737.png (988KB, 1000x1208px) Image search: [Google]
5903737.png
988KB, 1000x1208px
Firefox is legitimately not slower than Chrome for me. Enabling e10's and more than one process helped a lot.
>>
>>57488606
they let politics take over development. they're more concerned with the private lives of their devs than their performance while at work
>>
>>57489440
>Firefox got 64-bit support late
Only the Windows version. Linux version has had that longer than I can remember.
>>
A little off topic but what is the best version of Firefox? I keep hearing it's between ESR and Nightly.
>>
File: 1478988188793.jpg (13KB, 165x208px) Image search: [Google]
1478988188793.jpg
13KB, 165x208px
>>57488606
Edge runs best for me
>>
>>57489800
#Edge
>>
>>57489800
I just wish they had more addons.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.