[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S7 or iPhone 7?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: s7ip7.jpg (18KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
s7ip7.jpg
18KB, 616x347px
I absolutely love the S7 but I can't get over the fact that it's probably gonna stop being supported during the next year. I was probably gonna grab one during Black Friday but I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do now
I hate Touchwiz but the phone itself is amazing, I'm coming from a Nexus 5 and the price is extremely attractive ($600, not in the US), security patches are important to me but it doesn't seem like it's gonna be supported by CM or anything like that in the foreseeable future.
The iPhone on the other hand is sleek and reliable, and reliability is what matters the most to me. It also does better than the S7 in benchmarks and that's another aspect
All I want is a future-proof device that wouldn't rip my wallet or let script kiddies with access to the CVE database read my emails with 2 years old unpatched bugs such as Stagefright
Wat do /g/
>>
fuck samshit
either get google pixel or wait for the next iphone
>>
>>57486598
Waterproofing is important to me as well, forgot to mention. I don't need anything fancy such as IP68 but I like the peace of mind
>>
>>57486625
>>57486583
Get an XZ from Sony, that's what I'm doing since samsung is now back to manufacturing for the army. Sony also has Stamina Mode ™ and supports phones for very long periods of time if they are in the main line
>>
>>57486650
>unironically uses TM
isn't Sony even worse than Samsung in the closeness-to-stock aspect?
>>
>>57486598
Google Pixel just cannot compete with the neither the S7 nor iPhone 7 in price
>>
>>57486675
No, Sony uses a very lightweight skin similar to stock. Only thing I have seen that changes are the nav buttons
>>
>>57486706
Are you able to flash stock, though?
>>
>>57486706
CM supported? How frequent are updates?
>>
>>57486935
not officially, I don't own the phone yet. My cousin let me use his Z2 and M4 Aqua and they feel pretty fast. Updates are monthly if you are on the mainstream, 6 month interval if you're on an older phone I believe.
>>57486920
Isn't that limited to Google Phones?
>>
>'flagship' phones

You know what they say about a fool and his money.
>>
>>57487107
>being poor

Out of those 2 I'd get the s7, battery life is really great and has microSD slot. On iOS you're stuck with apple's default apps which is inexcusable.
>>
>>57487126
yeah but on iOS you get security updates
>>57487054
did they specify how long they're gonna keep supporting it? is there CM?
>>
>>57487126
>implying
I've had flagships for nearly a decade, but now it's difficult to justify the price. There's simply not 300 worth of difference in the user experience.
>>
>>57487151
So far I haven't seen much of a community for this little guy. Have you ever seen a manufacturer announce how long they'll support something? Sony is usually based tho, the Z2 got updated to Marshmallow I believe.

Also, I own an iPad Air and the statement that you get security updates is fucking retarded, apple has released so many betas but they still cant fix the fucking lockscreen bypass in iOS 10, they're still slowly gimping my iPad fucking trash. My RAZR M doesn't get any updates since 2013 but it still runs fast as fuck
>>
>>57487184
disregard my sony shilling. after doing some more research, the XZ is plastic all over. Get the S7
>>
>>57486598
>actually buying a Google pixel

Nice meme
>>
Are updates in the Galaxy S series as bad as they say?
>>
>>57487785
yeah. theyre also plastic garbage phones
>>
>>57488016
You can't really say that, the S7 is pretty comfy, just wish it had security patches
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.