[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COUCH COMPUTING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: logitech k400.png (75KB, 652x560px) Image search: [Google]
logitech k400.png
75KB, 652x560px
What are some couch computing must-haves? I'm looking into buying a 55" 4K and connecting my desktop to it, but I wanna have it be as convenient as possible (i.e. not having to slouch over the coffee table with a wireless keyboard and mouse or have a desk pad resting on my lap the whole time). I'm looking for any recommendations - software, peripherals, adapters... Really anything that helps make the couch experience just as practical as it is relaxing.

I already own pic related, but it's garbage. Garbage keyboard, garbage trackpad. Is there something similar that works better?
>>
>>57485771
Haven't tried it myself, but there is a wireless "Thinkpad" keyboard with clit mouse.
>>
File: 31RW0P+yDGL.jpg (14KB, 500x172px) Image search: [Google]
31RW0P+yDGL.jpg
14KB, 500x172px
>>57485771
Ive found the best pointing device for couch surfing is an Apple trackpad. Unfortunately a Mac Mini will only do 30fps on a 4k tv, but I did use a Mac Mini with my 1080p tv just fine. An ergonomic keyboard is good to have if youre using a wireless keyboard on your lap, the MS ergonomic keyboard with chicklet keys worked for me and it comfortable because it has a smooth flat bottom.
>>
>>57485791
I've seen that, though I'd like to avoid bluetooth if possible. Plus I'm not sure how the clitmouse would fare on a 4K screen... I'll put it on my list, but I'm not sure if its worth the $65.
>>
>>57485771
literally using the 'lines' touchpad version of that one

it werks, but it is pathetic how bad quality it is
the keys are horrible, to the point of being the worst keyboard I have ever bought/used
>>
>>57486392
and still it's pretty much the only wireless keyboard with integrated touchpad you can find.
>>
I use a corded MSFT Natural keyboard and Marble Mouse with USB extensions in my lap quite comfortably in my power recliner. They will work anywhere you can sit.
If wire location is an issue, you can get commercial cord protectors for floor use. Instead I place my cords, and keyboard and mouse when not in use, on a stand next to me. It's worked great for years.
>>
>>57486423
AFAIK Microsoft have one
but it was fairly expensive because muh Bluetooth and hueg touchpad

k400r is the one I'm using, just to clear things up

it gets the job done, but fuck it is atrocious to type in
everytime I have to type a password I have to really take care so that every key gets registered correctly
>>
>>57486484
I know how atrocious it is, I own it myself.
The bluetooth range is pathetic, the touchpad is shit and the keyboard layout is some fucked abomination with tiny shift keys, two '\' keys and some of the F1-F12 keys work only in conjunction with the FN key, some on their own.
>>
>>57485865
Is that gap in the middle for your benis
>>
File: m570-gallery.png (94KB, 652x560px) Image search: [Google]
m570-gallery.png
94KB, 652x560px
Just buy a wireless trackball and enjoy
>>
>>57486641

thumb trackballs are shit

sauce: I have the m570
>>
>>57486666
OK Satan.

Just buy a wireless trackball and enjoy
>>
There's this thing called a laptop
Works pretty well
>>
>>57485771
if you can still find them, the logitech di novo edge and the mx air mouse. the best wireless keyboard and mouse they've ever made. too bad they've stopped and are only concentrating on cheap shit.

the official ps3 keyboard is pretty good too and a little more practical. it even has a clit mouse. it may be a bit easier to find than the logitech stuff and is way more affordable.
>>
>>57486778
>posted from his van
>>
Who wants to use such an over sized peripheral from the couch. Just get an app that turns your phone into a touchpad and keyboard and can set some macros. Its way better than fetching that unwieldy piece of shit while you're trying to sit on the couch.
>>
>>57486641
am I the only one that's had the issue of them randomly double clicking instead of single clicking after about a year of ownership? it's happened to me on three of those.
>>
File: 1.jpg (66KB, 1000x825px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
66KB, 1000x825px
step up faggots
>>
>>57487169

I had that problem on a different Logitech mouse, but found a fix for it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/
>>
>>57487189
>chiclet keyboard
>trying to hide a horrible typing experience behind a sexy distracting clit
>>
>>57485771
hello fatty
>>
File: fat.jpg (47KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
47KB, 600x399px
>>57485771
I have the microsoft version of that, it's perfectly fine for my htpc, but I'm not stupid enough to use my htpc as my main pc. The corsair lapdog is designed for fatcucks like you.
>>
File: anime-pizza.png (654KB, 580x582px) Image search: [Google]
anime-pizza.png
654KB, 580x582px
I bought a logigew k400r good keyboard :0
>>
>>57485771
bump, pic related has such a shite range and the signal apparently can't go around solid wood
>>
>>57485771
M570
>>
>>57485771
As someone who has a 4k 55 inch tv that I use as both a monitor and a TV (sit a foot or so away from it, then lay in my bed later). the 4k is great from a foot away. Once I'm on my bed can't see shit caption and you are cranking it up to 1080p sized text to use it.
I use a k830 as my keyboard/mouse lap board. It's not that great(compared to mouse/keyboard), when I'm on my bed normally I just use tv.youtube.com.
>>
Corsair lapdog.
>>
>>57490375
I was considering the k830 as well. I've heard good things about it, but again, $60 for a keyboard is a bit steep. Though I may just have to bite the bullet and shell out for it if I'm expecting decent quality.

>>57490131
I still have my main rig set up at a desk, with two monitors. All I need to move it to the lounge is a cable. The lapdog seems nice but inconvenient, since you have to have to be sitting upright with it on your lap whenever you want to use it. If I want the full M+KB experience, I'll just sit at my desk.
>>
File: 1436860427345.gif (834KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
1436860427345.gif
834KB, 440x248px
now that i think about it
i will share the best fix that i have ever found in a piece of hardware ever. and best of all, it is not documented on official support site

K400r: HOW TO DISABLE TAP TO CLICK WITHOUT USING THE LOGITECH CRAPWARE

>PRESS Fn+LEFT CLICK
>>
>>57486608
too small for mine
>>
>>57486641
>>57486680
So how's the linux support on those wireless thumb trackballs?
>>
>>57494875
Nigga it's a mouse
Just instead of the sensor picking up movement over a mousepad, it's picking up movement over a ball

Literally plug and play
>>
>>57494896
I meant the extra buttons nigga.
>>
>>57490131
>corsair lapdog
Fuck that looks perfect for me.

I have a k70 that's great but i find the red switches annoying so i'll be getting something like blues for work and keep the reds for the lapdog.
>>
>>57485771
Just get a regular wireless keyboard. Then you buy a trackball. I use a logitech wireless m570 from bed and in the couch. Just put it wherever it's comfortable.
>>
>>57485771

i have one. odd indeed
>>
File: microsoftkeyboard.jpg (38KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
microsoftkeyboard.jpg
38KB, 770x433px
I have both the logitech one and this microsoft touchpad keyboard, I deemed the microsoft one superior.

Both have something shitty. The microsoft's keyboard is shitty because you need to hold Fn to use the F keys, but every other part of the layout is better and bigger touchpad.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.