[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Web Development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: webdevelopment.jpg (1MB, 5120x3837px) Image search: [Google]
webdevelopment.jpg
1MB, 5120x3837px
What do you develop your web apps with? I personally like Ruby on Rails a lot, but I feel like it's kinda outdated and want to learn something new which could still be useful in a couple of years.
>>
>>57484422
I use Node and React, it's fine, I'm thinking of switching Node with Go.
>>
>>57484422
>not using pure HTML

Get rekt hipster
>>
>>57484484
Looks like everything's gonna be JS-based in the future.
>>
>>57484422
ASP.NET MVC
>>
PHP and MySQL.
>>
Best font With max readability on all platforms? Linux seems To act wierd with some of those
>>
I'm new to web dev, but i tried php and javascript.
Didn't really like them, now i'm looking for another language to learn.
I work with pure html pages but i want to show data from a mysql database.

If go 1.6 makes it into debian stretch i'll try it.
>>
>>57484636
>>57484484
What are the pros of Go?
>>
>>57484422

1. Why didn't you ask in the web development general?

2. Ruby/Rails is OK, Python/Flask is OK, PHP/Symphony is OK, JS/Node/Express is OK... Most of the time it doesn't really matter. Backend-Frameworks are more or less the same.

3. Technically "Apps" (= "smartphone applications") are mostly written in Java (Android) or Swift (iPhone).

4. A lot of people devellop single page applications today. React or Angular2 is where the hype train goes nowadays.
>>
>>57484636
Why not just stick with PHP?
What don't you like about it?
>>
>>57484422
>What do you develop your web apps with?
FirstPage. I tried Dreamweaver, but it's too hard.
>>
Is this organized bait or just the new cringe thread?
>>
>>57484851
What is a single page application?
An app where everything is rendered dynamically via AJAX?

>>57485184
Wasn't intended as bait, so cringe I guess?
>>
>>57484888

I didn't like the syntax, that's it.
Nice trips btw.

>>57484743
I'm trying it just out of curiosity, to be honest i doubt i'll actually use it
>>
File: vim-lemon-fresh-1kg-delivery.jpg (23KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
vim-lemon-fresh-1kg-delivery.jpg
23KB, 458x458px
>>
>>57484516
On NET Core?
>>
>>57484422
Django
>>
>>57484422
If you are writing what you like to call "code" in anything other than C/C++, then you are using a meme language, and are a sorry excuse for a "developer."

t. Someone who programs in lua.
>>
>>57484422
>I feel like it's kinda outdated and want to learn something new which could still be useful in a couple of years
Phoenix looks like it will be the next Rails. Elixir is a nice functional language with pattern matching and one of the few where gradual typing works.
>>
>>57487439
I see this nonsense with Jon Blow (the gamedev) as well. Thinks anybody outside of a statically typed language is crap.

We now have statically typed JavaScript (Flow).

Ruby is getting soft types.

Go make a blog in C++, it'll take you hours. Meanwhile, I'll make my in Rails in about 30 minutes. What performance do you need with a blog or any RESTful site?
>>
>>57484422
day to day job is boring af in Rails/jQuery/VueJS

freelance with Node/Go (>>57484484
have any questions)

game dev with Lua/C# and whatever GML is
>>
>java/spring mvc
feels good
>>
>>57488925
>C++
Language.
>Rails
Framework.

>>57484743
People will say "static typing" but in practice it isn't the main strong point of Go's. That would be its concurrency model. It is so much more pleasant than callbacks and futures and gives you M:N green threads. (Go's type system is actually its weakness; it's not even as good as C#'s. Its one redeeming point is that structurally typed interfaces help Go feel a lot like a duck typed language like Python.)
>>
>>57489100
no shit sherlock....

you are the reason we have "safe spaces" for being some elistist a hole.... if you used Rails ever... you'd know that its built on top of Ruby and is pretty much nothing like Ruby
>>
>>57489127
>you are the reason we have "safe spaces" for being some elistist a hole
What?
>you'd know that its built on top of Ruby and is pretty much nothing like Ruby
The fuck are you talking about? Ruby with a bunch of "magic" monkey-patched in via Active Support is still Ruby.
>>
MEAN

Next step will swap out Angular for React/Redux combo and Mongo for Postgres. Should have been using Postgres in teh first place but Mongo is bb soft easy to use
>>
>>57489270
>Mongo for Postgres
Good move.
>Angular for React/Redux combo
Try Vue.js, too. It does the Angular (1.x) thing better than Angular.
>>
>>57489310
Will do, I've heard good things about Vue
>>
>>57489328
This is a pretty controversial opinion, but I also think Mithril.js does the React thing better than React. Unfortunately, this may not be the best time to use it since it's in the middle of a big pre-v1.0 rewrite.
>>
>>57489425
Thanks for the insight. I think I will wait until it has a user base of >5 people before taking a stab at it lmao :^)

lmao srs tho never heard of it, will have a look.
>>
>>57489519
You're welcome, anon.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.