[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

remember this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: cd_player.jpg (20KB, 450x288px) Image search: [Google]
cd_player.jpg
20KB, 450x288px
remember this?
>>
>>57483003
Yes. I also remember carrying multiple cd's with me and having to change them constantly. Also fucking AA batteries suck dick.
>>
>>57483013
where did you keep all the cd's?
>>
>>57483052
My schoolbag.
>>
>>57483003
What's that? The first iPhone?
>>
>>57483003
I still use mine occasionally
>>57483013
This
>>
>>57483003
Fuck why does this make me so nostalgic? It was fucking awful compared to any modern mp3 player.
>>
I member!
>>
File: q.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>57483003
Yeah! I 'member!
>>
Worst portable music player ever
Standard tape Walkman was so better, I can't believe someone thought it was a good idea carrying around a thin plastic disk spinning at thousands of rpm with all kinds of mechanical stress
>>
is this the most millennial device ever?
>>
>>57483003
i use headphones like these, pretty comfortable, sound is good i guess
>>
File: 72-case-open-sm.jpg (53KB, 648x509px) Image search: [Google]
72-case-open-sm.jpg
53KB, 648x509px
>>57483052
>>
>>57483794
I have never seen such a case that did not destroy the CDs stored within. The data layers of the disc would end up being stuck to the plastic cd holder, and they'd rip off when you remove the disc.
>>
>>57483806
did you leave them in the fucking sun all day or something?
>>
>>57483806
Plastic holder?
Decent cases had one side felt and the label-side plastic
>>
Shit still gives me PTSD.
Also having to carry the thing in a certain position for the CD not so skip so much and anti-shock ate batteries like a motherfucker.

Started using a mini-disk at some point and it was 10x superior to CD players.
>>
Holy shit, yeah. Never actually owned one but on the other hand I was one of the first in the school with an mp3 player.
>>
Haha i was like 5 too lol, born in 1999 le 90s 4 lyf.
>>
60 seconds of anti-shock technology!
>>
Why the fuck couldn't they make CDs slightly smaller so the players would fit in pockets

Portable CD players were a joke. You couldn't actually take them anywhere since they would skip all the time.
>>
>>57483003

Yes, but never owned one. I had a mini-disc player which was superior in pretty much any way.
>>
>>57484380
anti skip was a meme too
>>
>>57484380
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniDisc

It never really caught on in America
>>
>>57483052
trenchcoat pockets, trenchcoat is basically cargo pants but a jacket
>>
>had a really cool dc player
>anti skip was the best i had ever seen, almost never got skips unless i was shaking the damn thing
>drop it one day white riding my bike
>OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT
>completely intact thanks to rubberized reinforcement
>wont play cds anymore for some reason
>decide to pop it open
>like 6 years old, dont even know how the fucking think works
>spot a tiny pebble wedged in the optical eye track
>pull it out, put it back together, works good as new.

That was my first time ever fixing anything. It was a pretty good feeling.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.