[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best AA batteries you can buy for your money? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: batteries-long-sml.jpg (360KB, 900x433px) Image search: [Google]
batteries-long-sml.jpg
360KB, 900x433px
What are the best AA batteries you can buy for your money? I'm looking to get the best cost/usage per battery
>>
practically any rechargeable utterly destroys disposable batteries in value over time. between rechargeable batteries it's more about whether you want high capacity, high discharge, etc...

but eneloops are safe, reliable choices. others may be, too, but it's close enough to the optimal choice to not bother spending an extra day or two or three sweating it.
>>
>>57482878
Are there any downsides to having rechargeable batteries compared to non rechargeable ones?
>>
Ikea
>>
>>57482888
if i remember correctly their shelf lives are poorer (as in you need to recharge them if you've just had them in the drawer for a few months) and their capacity is slightly lower (that is, an optimally charged rechargeable battery will need to be replaced a little sooner than a disposable would), but in both cases you resolve the issue by just leaving batteries in a charger and rotating them whenever a battery dies.

also do yourself a favor and buy a decent battery charger. one that takes a fair number of batteries, stops charging when a given battery is full, etc... so you can just leave them in there and more or less forget about them.
>>
>>57482938
Is it cost effective to use rechargables on stuff like vibrators? I'm not sure weather they use a lot of power, so I'm wondering how long a non-rechragable battery will last in them.
>>
>>57482982
there's literally no way that a non-rechargeable is more cost effective than a rechargeable (assuming you bother to recharge it). the only way rechargeable batteries would be less cost effective would be if you threw them out after their charges were depleted the first time.
>>
>>57482888

I may be not up to date with the latest technologies, but due to the chemicals employed rechargeable batteries used to have a lower voltage between their poles. I remember stuff, mostly digital devices, meant for 1.5V AA not powering up on 1.3V Ni-Mh batteries, or detecting them as depleted.
>>
>>57483032
this used to be a problem, but it's generally been resolved. even a few years ago when i finally invested in eneloops there were batteries marketed for people that needed higher voltages (e.g. for camera strobes, which take a bit of time to charge up).
>>
>>57482860
Kirkland or Duracell.
>>
>>57482888
You would have to recharge them.
>>
File: curve-1000ma-135.png (66KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
curve-1000ma-135.png
66KB, 1080x810px
So I looked at this graph and it seems the volage drops on batteries that has been used overtime. Does that mean electronics that vibrate will start to vibrate less over time too when the voltage of the batteries starts to drop?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.