[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it is now trendy to have no headphone jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: iphone-35mm-jack-reactt.jpg (63KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-35mm-jack-reactt.jpg
63KB, 680x382px
>several phones are ditching the jack now

>its now an exclusive high end feature to have no jack port

our only hope is that Trump interferes in the cell phone market and deports apple
>>
>slowpoke
>>
also
>our only hope is that Trump interferes in the cell phone market and deports apple
lol what? is this like a diarrheal stream of consciousness or something? does your own sentence make sense to you, OP?
>>
>>57481874
thats what happens when you drink and 420 like its 1999

the structures melt away

>remember what the doormouse said ;)
>>
>>57481902
you should lay off whatever you're taking (alcohol, pot, whatever) if it's affecting your ability to think and communicate.
>>
>>57481913
i bet you voted Clinton right?

fuckin normal
>>
>>57481923
tell yourself whatever delusion you need to cope.
>>
>>57481867
LeEco dropped the headphone Jack before Apple.
>>
>>57482199
so did the moto z.

the way the consensus on /g/ works when it comes to apple is that they usually have a meltdown over apple doing something that nobody else is doing, too soon, etc... (and ignore the fact that they're not the first to do it; just the first big company to make it part of their flagship, or the first to make it marketable).

then, a year or two later when the dust has settled and standards have moved (whether it's away from optical drives or toward bluetooth audio devices or USB type-c), the consensus on /g/ shifts to pointing out that apple wasn't even the first to do it.

if you're conscious while you see this happen, you might feel that it's at least a little hypocritical to criticize apple for doing something too soon and then later rewrite history and say they were actually not really at the forefront of that wave in the first place.

it's fine to say that apple pushed a shift (like the move away from 3.5mm) too soon (apple is one of the biggest manufacturers of smartphones, and they were unique (compared to motorola, samsung, etc...) in that *all* of their newly released phones abandoned 3.5mm jacks. if you wanted a new motorola phone but you weren't ready to drop a 3.5mm jack, you had other options than the moto z). it's also fine to call out apple as not even really being that innovative (the moto z at least came out before the iphone, and so did the leeco).

but making both claims just seems like complaining that a driver is making you nauseous but also not driving fast enough.
>>
>>57482298
LeEco tried to steal the spotlight from Apple by doing it to all their devices from the Le Eco Le 2 onwards. Didn't work out too well I guess since apple is too big.
>>
>>57482199
literally no one on this planet gave a shit about some gutter trash called LeEco though.
>>
>>57482349
It worked well in China, they don't really seem their products outside China and India
>>57482360
LeEco is one of the biggest Chinese brands, and bigger than Lenovo
Return to Reddit
>>
>I want the president to dictate what private corporations can and can't stay in the US
Giga-statist please go.
>>
>>57482360
They're literally bigger than xiaomi or Lenovo you idiot.

>>57482379
Aren't they targeting the US too?
All the phones with no 3.5mm works with most US carriers. Even the mediatek ones.
>>
>>57481867
No-one's following Apple on this. No-one even can or would want to; it uses Thunderbolt 2, not USB-C, which was an enormous error.

Only the Moto Z and Moto Z Force removed it as well - Motorola changed their minds after seeing the sales and the Moto Z Play put it back. The 2017 Moto Z2 being tested by Motorola (not Lenovo, they're doing the X and other models, and cooperating on the G) has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

They were rightly mocked by pretty much every other phone manufacturer.
>>
>>57483077
>it uses Thunderbolt 2, not USB-C, which was an enormous error.
it uses *lightning*, which is the same as the last several generations. it's still an error in judgment in my opinion, but calling it "an enormous error" is melodramatic.

and while i don't like lightning and don't generally like what apple does with tech (that is, push de facto standards (like the removal of USB type A) *way* before consumers are prepared for it), i also recognize that if apple had moved to type-c with this year's iPhone, /g/ would have had an even bigger meltdown over the fact that lots of people have spent hundreds on cables that are no longer compatible with the flagship smartphone.

i honestly don't know how (or rather, if) apple is going to transition to type-c on peripherals. i mean they just released the keyboard, mouse, trackpad, etc... not to mention all of the tablets and smartphones that they sell. and if they announce a type-c iPhone, nobody will buy another iPad Air, Pro, or Mini until the iPads get a type-c refresh. same with the trackpad, the keyboard, the mouse, etc... and they sort of *just* released the keyboard and trackpad (at least, apple's typical refresh cycle on those is very long, and they released those in the last year or something).

it's a dilemma between doing the right thing like you pointed out (type-c is the future, or at least it should be) and figuring out how to make a massively breaking change as un-cataclysmic as possible. i feel like a single day where they announce refreshes of *everything*, moving every device to type-c, would be the easiest way to ensure that people feel confident buying these things. otherwise, again, they'll sell like 0 units of any peripheral that's neglected after one device gets that treatment.

as for the 2017 Z2, sources?

as for being mocked, a lot of manufacturers mock apple for changes they make. it makes for an easy selling point. they did the same with the MBA when they dropped the optical drive.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.