[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which music streaming service do you use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 20

File: 1477973234335.jpg (124KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477973234335.jpg
124KB, 1366x768px
Which music streaming service do you use?
>>
>>57481582
I stream from my local .FLAC library using foobar2000.

Also relevant:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/for-five-months-spotify-has-badly-abused-users-storage-drives/
>>
File: Screenshot_20161112-081733.png (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161112-081733.png
270KB, 1280x720px
>>57481582
Spotify but only on my phone
>>
>>57481593

>my local .FLAC library

How do I access this service? Which services do you rival?
>>
deezer subscription is included in my $10/month phone plan, so that.
>>
>>57481603

>deezer
>>
>>57481597

>only on my phone

>children's website pocketmortys.net
>>
>>57481582
>paying even a cent for music
>>
>streaming music
>>
Spotify
>>
>streaming music
>>
>>57481582
soundcloud and jewtube
>>
>>57481636
>>57481639
>>57481662

It's actually very practical and I can play millions of songs whenever I want
>>
Apple Music.
I never really got on with Spotify as I didn't like the interface and I didn't like having two seperate programs/apps for my music. Whereas now everything's all together and treated the same way.
>>
>>57481673
Torrenting music is just as practical.
>>
GPM because it comes with YouTube red and unlike Spotify it won't brick your SSD. It also had a proper "show me all the downloaded songs only"
>>
>>57481636
>>57481639
>>57481662
I used to think like this but 10 sheckels a month is really nothing.
>>
bandcamp, but I rarely use it for it's streaming functionality. It's just a good place to buy and download music.
>>
>music streaming service
sorry I'm not a cuckold
>>
>>57481582
Spotify for discovering new music

That have a lot of world music that is great and some obscure music that I could never find in other places. Their Web UI for music is amazing, and they're good for keeping track of your favorite music, if it's not available anymore they simply darken it out unlike other music services that simply delete it .

I use google play music for uploading my bought music collection to and their podcast player is great.
>>
None of them.
I download my shit.
>>
>>57481684
Unless you're away from a computer and want different music on the go.
And yes, you can torrent from an android device or a jailbroken iPhone but come on, that's not as practical as just opening up a music app, searching and tapping once.
>>
>>57481684
>people actually believe this
>>
>>57481582

Groove
>>
>>57481713
That's why I carry a music player with my library on it.
>>57481719
>support the creators!!1!1!1
>>
>>57481603
That's not in the list of options, loser.
>>
File: kitchen_females.jpg (64KB, 960x578px) Image search: [Google]
kitchen_females.jpg
64KB, 960x578px
>Poorfags actually convinced themselves torrenting is more convenient
>>
>>57481727
Just kidding. None.
>>
>>57481673
>>57481689
Fuck off kikes
>>
>>57481735
That's a bit difficult I have this much music and I'd rather just carry my phone around. Feels fine to just stream stuff as and when I want to. There's wifi everywhere in my city and even when not, I've got 20GB of 4G to play with.
>>
GPM because it's more focused on library building and comes coupled with YouTube Red which is nice
>>
File: student.png (3KB, 356x53px) Image search: [Google]
student.png
3KB, 356x53px
>>57481777
Checked, please teach me senpai.
>>
Custom script which uses mpv
Torrenting FLACs and converting them to .opus
>>
>>57481582
I understand that in Europe you get very huge mobile data amounts or even unlimited mobile data, but how do people in the USA, Canada and Australia use these services given they usually have data caps on mobile plans that are 10gb or less?
>>
>>57482119
>Europe
>unlimited mobile data
They put speed limit once you've blew X GBs.
>>
>>57482126
Yeah but how much is X, and what does it slow down to?

Also are you charged for any data beyond X?
>>
>>57482131
For me it's 2GB. When I cross the line I get ~15KBps
>>
>>57482131
>>57482140
I don't get charged extra. When I blow 2GB it's basically unusable.
>>
>>57482140
>>57482147
Suddenly my 2.5gb limit doesn't seem as bad.

Still, I can't really get use out of Spotify etc in mobile because it would chew through that limit very quickly.
>>
File: 1467648770793.jpg (11KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1467648770793.jpg
11KB, 219x230px
>>57481582
>music streaming service
>>
File: 1478285538914.png (90KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1478285538914.png
90KB, 380x380px
>>57481582
I'm hosting my own Subsonic Server for me and my mates, so we can listen to everything we need.
>>
Spotify for just listening, Pacemaker using spotify for gym or driving mixes.
>>
Groove, never looked back.
>>
>>57481739
Don't get why it's not. It has a huge library (including the most obscure shit) and comes bundled with mobile plans in most EU countries.
Enjoy your Spotify botnet amerafag...
>>
>Everyone saying Spotify

HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE SSDs

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/for-five-months-spotify-has-badly-abused-users-storage-drives/

For almost five months—possibly longer—the Spotify music streaming app has been assaulting users' storage devices with enough data to potentially take years off their expected lifespans. Reports of tens or in some cases hundreds of gigabytes being written in an hour aren't uncommon, and occasionally the recorded amounts are measured in terabytes. The overload happens even when Spotify is idle and isn't storing any songs locally.

Three Ars reporters who ran Spotify on Macs and PCs had no trouble reproducing the problem reported, not only in the above-mentioned Spotify forum but also on Reddit, Hacker News, and elsewhere. Typically, the app wrote from 5 to 10 GB of data in less than an hour on Ars reporters' machines, even when the app was idle. Leaving Spotify running for periods longer than a day resulted in amounts as high as 700 GB.

Holy shit. I just checked, and Task Manager says Spotify has written over 1TB in the past 15 days. I've played maybe 5 songs on this computer during that time.
>>
>>57481582
i download music with torrent :^)
>>
>>57481602
>gibegibegibe
u voted 4 shillary, amirite? :D:D:D:D
>>
>>57482119
I happen to live in the California Bay Area so I've got options to shop around. I use T-Mobile and have the unlimited plan. 70 bucks a month. Tethering used to be good for watching videos on my tablet or laptop, but TMobile started throttling tethering, but I was limited to 10 GB for tethering anyway.

I use about 100 GB a month between uber, consuming nearly all my media on my phone and streaming/tethering and apart from tethering, I don't get throttled. Though connection can be spotty in the hills and south of San Francisco and more towards the valley of if I'm in the Mission District.

If I were to have the cheaper plan of only 5 GB a month, I would basically do two things: Lower the bitrate it streams at and then start downloading playlists directly to my phone.

I would proabably use only 3 GB of data that way a month, saving me another 2 GB of data for GPS for driving for uber (quitting soon, fuck that job and fuck the hipster pieces of shit who made and use that service) and the occasional youtube video.

Prime lets me download videos now too, so I can pre-load them before leaving.

tl;dr Lower the bitrate, download playlists on wifi.
>>
>>57482642
>throttling my tethering
How are they able to make a distinction between tethering and mobile traffic again?
>>
I have a di.fm premium subscription but I'm not constantly tuned in.

>but muh own playlists

I don't have time to fuck around with playlists. I tune into a genre I feel like listening to and di.fm fucking delivers.
>>
spotify+ublock
>>
Deezer, only thing the frenchies made that is actually good
>>
>>57482678
Because I have an non jailbroken iphone 7+. I could get around it if I tried, but I don't feel like it. It's good enough to get my Herolab patches on my iPad, which is all I really tether it for these days anyway.
>>
>>57482718
Yeah but I mean what specific mechanism they use. Some iOS API to count data? Or is iOS using a different connection for tethering than for mobile internet?

That sounds retarded and infuriating desu. You buy a connection endpoint, what is behind it should be nobody's fucking business but yours.
>>
>>57482632
It was a joke. And I actually voted for Donald Trump. District 26 of Westchester, New York.
>>
download form soulseek an dplay
>>
spotify is cheap and just werks
>>
>>57482718
How do you have a JB 7+ when there's no jailbreak for iOS 10?
>>
>>57482584
What the fuck.. Removing this shit from my computers immediately
>>
Tidal
>>
>>57484779
It's fixed now, don't panic, just update to newest.
>>
>>57482707
>lichess.org
>>
>>57481777
where do you live to have so much internet?
>>
soulseek and rutracker
>>
File: meh.png (43KB, 668x454px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
43KB, 668x454px
I use Spotify. It works and there's no issues with it. I like the design and simplicity. The free version is more than enough. I use(ed) the premium version only because of my phone. Otherwise I think it's pointless.

Google Play is amazing because you can store your own music, but since I have Spotify, there's no reason for me to store music at all because I just stream it. Play is the go to if you have a lot of "legally purchased" music on your hard drive. Doesn't have a desktop application and I'm not going to use the web player bullshit. Someone on github made one, but ehh... I don't really like the design of it. It's annoying to use. Seems like they just took the mobile design and changed the resolution. It's interesting once you get used to it, but Spotify is much better. Play is amazing on mobile, though. Use it instead of Spotify premium if you're a Jew.

Apple Music is a joke.

Amazon Music is a meme, didn't know it even existed. Unless they give some moist benefits to Prime members or something, there's no point in it, but I'll be on the lookout for some good deals from them because they'll need to lure in customers.

YouTube Music is irrelevant on top of YouTube Red. Just use Firefox with an adblocker or use a vid to mp3 website and put the song on your Google Play account. :^) Beat the kikes at their own game.

Groove Music is PURE trash. Used to get albums for $1, even new releases. However, most artists don't allow streaming on it and you have to download the songs, which you can just send to Google Play and never use Groove music again, except for buying albums for $1 and repeating, but Spotify is free and better... Makes no sense.

To be fair, I don't use iPhones. If I did, I'd probably exclusively use Apple Music. Furthermore, I'm boring so I don't have like 5,000 albums that I like so that probably has something to do with my decisions. Maybe not.

>>57481593
>>57482584
>>57484779
Also irrelevant... Stop spreading propaganda you autists.
>>
>mfw you fools don't own your music in this day and age
>>
I use spotify because im lazy and i listen to variety of music.
Never tried another service, but i was thinking about getting google music too
>>
>>57484850
Ungarn
>>
>>57481713

now we've confused practicality for convenience
>>
>>57485047
>Just use Firefox with an adblocker or use a vid to mp3 website and put the song on your Google Play account. :^) Beat the kikes at their own game.

kek, that's what I do
Ive yet to wait for a proper functioning vid to mp3 editor (putting high quality albums, changing the tags to look legit, editing song duration). But for now, ill make do with what I'm doing
>>
I-I'm still buying CDs
>>
rockbox.org
>>
Spotify, been using it since it was invite only beta and have had no reason to try anything else
>>
>>57485047
>>57485215
>vid to mp3

You probably shouldn't even be posting on /g/
>>
File: -.jpg (54KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
>he pays for his music
>>
>>57485075

It's impossible to own your music. Either you paid for your copy, which means you are licensed to consume it indefinitely, or you subscribed to a service, which means you are licensed to consume it for a set period of time, or you pirated it, which means you don't own it at all.
>>
Soundcloud
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>>57485567
>He's willing to work FOR FREE
>>
>>57485075
Neither do you buddy, unless you wrote and recorded all those albums
>>
I'm not a streaming cuck anymore, but when I was I definitely found Apple Music to be the better service.
It had more music (that I cared about) compared to Spotify and with a couple jailbreak tweaks the interface could look and work amazingly well. It was definitely my favorite.
Spotify UI is crap, especially in tablets.
>>
>>57481582
I'm streaming from my hard drives
>>
>>57485047
>spotify
>can't even play a single track without paying, have to listen to whole album
>can't even stop a track, only pause
>have to pay for skips and shuffles

great software
>>
>>57481582
Google play, of course.
>>
>>57486191
Fuck off kike
>>
>>57481582
Youtube
>>
applel music
>>
>>57485750
>>57485571

if you're going to prattle on about semantics then I have no doubt streaming will suit you well enough.
>>
>>57481582
Google Play
>>
>>57486689
>>>/pol/
>>
None of them, it's local playback of my Opus encoded FLAC sourced material or I don't fucking listen to anything.
>>
>>57481582
mpd
>>
>>57481582
All of them use nonfree software.
I was able to play spotify with despotify(free software) but now its not working anymore.

also install Trisquel
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>57487415
This

They offer no real davantage over pirated software or oficial alternatives that support the owners, like YouTube.

If anything I just buy it to support my favorite artists. Our god emperor said that propietary is alright from time to time as long as you are able to brake from their chains. Just buy it for them, then just pirate it and play it in your favorite player.
>>
>>57481582
SoundCloud Go has all the underground artists and big artists and albums, for the same price as every other service.
>>
>>57485567
But I really like their music
>>
Apple music
>fast, clean and responsive
>integrates with macos and ios perfectly
>full itunes library

What more can a nigga ask for
>>
>>57487846
A non third party flac player and SD cards maybe.
Fucking 5 yo mp3 players holds up better, at least you can insert an SD card in them.
>>
>>57484850
more like where does he live to have so small amount of internet

you guys literally are on /g/ but dont even have unlimited LTE? how the fuck is that possible, its so cheap here and i already have used over 60GB this month
>>
>>57487689
>paying for soundcloud
>>
>>57481582
Spotify and for local network streaming at home Foobar2000.
>>
>>57487885
Germany for instance
>>
>>57484850
Idiot, you are supposed to reserve some, just put some in a jar when you travel to the city, they have free internet in malls and alike. Just put holes in the top so it has air k?
>>
Pandora is free and ads don't play when you have an adblocker so it's based.
>>
>>57482126
No, not in all countries. There are carriers with truly unlimited plans for mobile and they aren't even that expensive. I pay 12e/mo for unlimited mobile data with no speed caps or network restrictions. Non-employees get the same plan for 22e/mo. No contracts and also includes calls and messages as well as free roaming in multiple countries.
>>
>>57488007
Pretty much every major streaming service has personalised radio now.
>>
Apple Music.

>Family plan is nice and cheap
>feature rich and native clients for Windows and Mac which are what I use for desktop computing
>iCloud Library lets me have my own music on any device unlike spotify
>almost always the first to get new hip hop releases
>>
>>57487885
>mfw don't have unlimited LTE
>mfw struggling to use more than 30MB per month anyway

what are phoans even for, anon?
>>
>at desktop
fb2k
>any time not at desktop
plex

plex is p cool desu
>>
>>57488088

what.cd
>free
>free
>exclusive community
>free
>always first to get juicy high quality leak
>inb4 muh torrenting
>>
>>57488047
Yeah but with Pandora it finds songs/bands that I would like.
>>
all of them

t. mopidy + ncmpcpp user
>>
File: phone-desk-lg-1.jpg (75KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
phone-desk-lg-1.jpg
75KB, 900x600px
With Spotify, I can control different devices from my phone and tablet seamlessly. When I have music in the background whilst playing PC games, I can control it from my Kindle Fire on my desk instead of alt tabbing out of the game.
>>
youtube you bicth ass niqqa
>>
Google Play Music.

Dat 50k song library is what drove me to it after I hit the limit on Spotify. I was so pissed when it started deleting shit from my library.
>>
>>57486711
>>57488420
YouTube Music?

https://music.youtube.com/
>>
>>57481582
youchube
>>
Spotify

>implying we actually pay for premium features even though we use them
>>
Spotify cuz it's 5 shekel and streams in q9 vorbis or something
>>
I often feel bad for only pirating music.
But I don't want to have a ton of material releases either since I live in a small appartment already full of stuff.
So maybe streaming is actually a good way.
My only concerns are : do the artists actually get money from this? I mean as much as CDs?
And also, finding a streaming service that has obscure stuff too (bonus for japanese stuff)
>>
>>57489056
What's it like living in japan?
>>
>>57489056
Unsigned artists get the most revenue, I believe.
>>
I tried every one of them, hell even Spotify when it was a beta web player which I wish was still around but eventually I have settled for groove music because integration and really the app itself has a really nice interface, no bloats anywhere. Is recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from the trash that is iTunes and Apple music. Taylor swifts shilling for apple music should be enough to get you away from them. That bitch makes millions and then makes a huge deal when she doesn't get paid a couple dollars on Spotify.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-31-14-01-16.jpg (75KB, 540x818px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-31-14-01-16.jpg
75KB, 540x818px
>>57489228
But I love TayTay. <3
>>
Spotify. $5/month as a student.

I don't care about your fucking FLAC autism.
>>
I'm actually trying out Apple Music right now with my new iPhone 7 Plus™

It's not bad.
>>
Spotify. I'd use local files I don't have time for What.CD interview
>>
Streaming services won't let me listen to my library randomly (as in create a random playlist of all my songs). They all have a playlist limit of 1000 songs so as long as I can't fit my ~1500 songs in one playlist, torrenting with Shuttle+ will work fine
>>
A combination of apple music and iTunes match. I've bought a lot of music over the past 30 years and match quality is perfectly acceptable for my phone. It's also great for all of the the things I'm still buying on bandcamp, add them to my library on my mac in my studio and 15 mins later they're on the iPad that airplays to my bedroom/living room stereos or my android phone.
>>
>>57481620
What's the correlation?
>>
>>57488888
Vorbis 320kbps is pretty nice, f-a-m.

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/what-bitrate-does-spotify-use-for-streaming/
>>
>>57487881
I actually use alac for all of my music, I can play it on any device because the container is .m4a and I can also manage cover art and tags in any normal mp3 tagging software.
>>
>>57486711
>>57488420
Gee I sure like to listen to my 96kbps .mp3s along with Windows XP movie maker lyrics
>>
>>57488115
>private
>>
>>57491042
>He uses public trackers
>He wants pajeets and the NSA to watch his every move
>He wants to wait days for a seeder to come back
>His seed ratio is shit
>>
>>57491093
you're acting like getting access to what.cd is trivial
>>
>>57481582
VLC, I just stream internet radio
>>
File: 1433209214617.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1433209214617.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>57485047
>vid to mp3
Stop
>>
>>57491126
It isn't, but having access to whatcd is! lmao
>>
>>57491163
XXD
>>
>>57487846
How about swiping on the album artwork for next or previous instead of having to hit the little button
>>
Hacked pandora, automatically downloads every song I up vote to my music folder.

Comfy/10
>>
>>57491126
Just study for the interview and you'll eventually get it. It took me 4 tries to get in. I remember I really got stumped on why folks normally include both bin and cue files and .flac files in the same torrent.
>>
File: streamingserviceshowmuchtheypay.png (221KB, 940x7500px) Image search: [Google]
streamingserviceshowmuchtheypay.png
221KB, 940x7500px
>>
>>57491523
das rape
>>
>>57491523
Nobody wants to buy something that isn't tangible.
Nobody wants to buy an app, no one wants to buy an ebook, no one wants to pay for Microsoft Office, or even an entirely new version of Windows for that matter. People would rather buy a new computer rather than buy Windows and put in on their existing computer.

Never try to sell files. It never works out right.
>>
File: wallpaper-990192.jpg (678KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-990192.jpg
678KB, 1920x1200px
>>57481582

Google Play Music

1.The interface is nice
2.Larger music selection
3.When I hear a song I never heard before I just click like and it will be added to my liked play list, Spot and Amazon does not do this. You have to manually add it to a playlist.
4.More stations than Amazon so you can discover new music.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.