[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 48

Kicking off the topic, where can I find the Galaxy S7 Android Nougat ROM? I can't get into the beta program thanks to being cucked out of a slot
>>
The frat bros next door won't stop singing sea shanties. wat do?
>>
>>57477146
my 3tb seagate started clicking and now about 10% of all my data is corrupt. is there anyway to fix it? i think the heads are stuck. i don't care about the data on it, i just want to fix it
>>
>>57477175
blast some alestorm?
>>
legit stupid question:

how do you add an extended warranty to your purchase from the microsoft store online
>>
I'm getting into emulation on Android.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 4 runnning Android 6.0.1 and I want to use a Dualshock 4 wired.

Apparently I should be able to simply plug it in and go, but nothing happens at all and it isn't recognized. Is the cable faulty?
>>
>Windows 10 boots in seconds on my SSD
>Connect an HDD that I own, Windows takes about 15 minutes to boot now
>Connect another HDD, either on its own or with the other one mentioned, and Windows just loops on the blue logo spinner

What the FUCK is happening here, /g/?
>>
Brackets or Notepad++
>>
>>57477355
.multiple bootloaders
.the disk is bad hence ridiculous load time
>>
got a new external drive. it's connects via usb. any cons if i start installing all windows games on this thing? like what would happen if it disconnects while i play?
>>
>>57477401
Slow read/write speeds. limited to USB instead of the SATA cable.
>>
>>57477417
slow read even if it's usb 3.0?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (517KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
517KB, 1920x1200px
I don't browse /g/ that often and I'm kind of a retard when it comes to building computers, can someone help me out with a computer that costs less than 700 and has an SSD/bluray, & can play any new games at a good framerate?
>>
>>57477146
http://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/nougat-beta-g935fedge-password-links-t3497078

I could only find s7 edge rom. Keep looking at XDA regularly I'm sure somebody will turn it up

I want to know if it's possible to select a specific Tor entry node. IE I want to route all my traffic through my buddy outside the US who offered if I could find a way to do it.
>>
How much better does the regular ps4 look on a 4k TV compared to a 1080 TV? I have enough for a 4k TV but feel its barely necessary because barely anything we watch comes in 4k not to mention the highest size I can comfortably fit is 40 inches which most say 4k looks vest on TVs at least 65 inches?

tl;dr is a 4k TV worth it right now? The only thing likely to look improved is my ps4
>>
>>57477443
Check Newegg, their filter is reasonably comprehensive and simple since you already know what you're looking for.

Or the more entertaining option, build your own:

www.pcpartpicker.com
>>
>>57477443
Logical Increments.
>>
>>57477494
1080p content will actually look worse on a 4k display.
>>
>>57477527
How so
>>
>>57477549
Upscaling

There is not enough 4k content out to warrant a 4k screen
>>
>>57477549
Stuff always looks best at native resolution. A 4k display doesn't add anything to 1080p content. It just highlights its shortcomings. This is assuming it doesn't have anti-aliasing that doesn't suck.
>>
>>57477503
Thanks, I made this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VpqQGf

Any thoughts or improvements I could do?
>>
>>57477567
>>57477571
Not him, but how much worse are we talking about? I now have two TVs in my apartment. One is a 42'' 1080p, and the other a 55'' 4K - I just got the latest, and the size difference turns it into my now main display, so I'm curious.
>>
>>57477597
There's some better value CPUs.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
>>
>>57477629
Not really worse at all since 4k is exactly double 1080p, so no approximations. Should look pretty much the same.
>>
>>57477670
Nigga you're just fucking retarded

Take a screenshot of 1080p
Now scale that up 2.5x
Look how shitty it looks?
Thats upscaling
Either you're retarded or just fucking blind
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 417x353px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 417x353px
>>57477378
Had a look around for info on the bootloader idea and found Dual-boot Repair. Its giving me shit about Z: being my location of my firmware boot partition? Anyway, some background info...

My original issue is that my PC would start acting super slow and shit would just grind to a halt, and I'd need to reboot. It was lightning fast beforehand, your typical SSD Windows installation. Just no idea why it packed in out of the blue.

After struggling to get it to boot into using a USB Windows installer, I finally managed to format it and begin a new install of Windows 10. However, this new issue of old hard drives stopping it from booting has arisen.

Is it possible there's a bootloader on the old drive I have that's causing this, then? I don't see how the HDD being a bad disk could stop my SSD loading Windows.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11629478

>>
>>57477175
>He's alone on 4chan on a Friday night
>>
>>57478016
My bf is working. But I should get off here and git gud.
>>
>>57477146
Some websites are showing my ip as canadian.

For example /pol/ shows me as american. And so does speedtest. However certain chans and some trace tools show me as canadian.

Im not a leaf. Im just a spic in Florida.
What gives?

Frontier is my ISP btw. It used to be verizon but i guess they sold all there shit.
>>
>>57477146
Guys, does anyone here know javascript? I have this Problem. I try to draw a shape with 4 corners. So I use the beginpath() function. I repeat that every frame 6 times and after almost 30 seconds the framerate dropped very very low. What is the problem with my code?? Been searching for days:
function drawFront() {
ctx.beginPath();
ctx.moveTo( // front
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 0, 0, 0).x,
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 0, 0, 0).y);
ctx.lineTo(
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 1, 0, 0).x,
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 1, 0, 0).y);
ctx.lineTo(
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 1, 1, 0).x,
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 1, 1, 0).y);
ctx.lineTo(
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 0, 1, 0).x,
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 0, 1, 0).y);
ctx.lineTo(
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 0, 0, 0).x,
scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 0, 0, 0).y);

if (scene.box[scene.box.names[i]].material.useFaces == true){
ctx.fillStyle = scene.box[scene.box.names[i]].material.faces[0].c;
ctx.fill();
}
if (scene.box[scene.box.names[i]].material.grid == true)
ctx.stroke();

}

This is what draws the shape. scene.box.func.calcPos(scene.box.names[i], 1, 0, 0).x and .y just return a x and a y value where the next point should be. The framerate drops no matter what value is inside.
>>
>>57478238
this is the code a bit more simplified:
function drawFront() {
ctx.beginPath();
ctx.moveTo(0,0);
ctx.lineTo(0,10);
ctx.lineTo(10,10);
ctx.lineTo(10,0);
ctx.lineTo(0,0);

if (fil_it == true){ // this is true
ctx.fillStyle = "#f00";
ctx.fill();
}
if (draw_grid == true) // this is true
ctx.stroke();
}
>>
File: winblows.png (10KB, 582x172px) Image search: [Google]
winblows.png
10KB, 582x172px
Just reinstalled Windows. Is this supposed to take 20+ hours?
>>
>>57478277
Yup.
>>
File: 1476060491344.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1476060491344.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>>57478296
>>
How can I transfer a game I have in my old android phone to my new one. The game it's not on the google playstore anymore and it has extra data (the app itself is 6 Mb and the data is 1 Gb). I already tried titanium backup but apparently it just takes the 6 Mb app, not the data
>>
>>57478277
Look up WSUS Offline Update.
It'll save you a shitload of time.
>>
File: 1441613909410.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1441613909410.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
How badly would a 3gb 1060 be bottlenecked by a i3 4160? Logical increments pairs the 1060 with a i3 6100 (which is close enough in performance to a 4160 AFAIK), so it should be alright, right?
>>
>>57478659
>nazi pic
>>
File: cable.jpg (64KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
cable.jpg
64KB, 500x354px
Are there any male micro USB 3.0 to male micro USB 2.0 cables? I would like on to connect my portable HDD to my phone (I have just been using a USB OTG adapter but want something nicer).
>>
Is there a way to play .m4a files or transcode them to .mp3 or something in Foobar without having to install iTunes?
>>
Computer inly shows black screen. I know I have to re-format it. What's the best way to achieve this and transfer my data to another drive?
>>
What is a good program to check MicroSD and USB health?

They dont have SMART so i cant easy check it, or scan for bad sectors since they are removed.
>>
>>57478538
You could try doing it manually. Figure out what "extra data means" and copy the files to the same location on the new phone. It could be either
- A bunch of shit under /data/data/com.publisher.appname/ (you'll need titanium backup or something similar because of the permissions, if that doesn't work you could try manually copying the entire directory to the new phone and chmodding everything in it)
- A bunch of shit under (ext)sdcard/Android/data/, just copy the folder to the same location and it should work
- One or more .obb files under (ext)sdcard/Android/obb/, just copy them and it should work
- If you moved/installed it to the SD card, a single file under /extsdcard/.android_secure/com.publisher.appname.asec that's basically just the APK, don't bother.
>>
File: 1478904962716.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1478904962716.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I just built my first computer and I can't for the life of me figure out where the SSD goes.

ALSO: what do you guys do to get your cords all nice looking?
>>
>>57478277
If you're on Windows 7 SP1 and your CPU usage is stuck at 25%, you'll have to manually install a platform update or whatever, Windows Update is permanently stuck and it'll keep checking until eternity every time you reboot.
>>
how can i change the text box in a website like this? i've seen others do it, they change sizes and shit of it too.
http://www.drooodle.com/drdl
>>
>>57479032
Make a live USB of Debian/Xubuntu/Mint/whatever, connect both drives to the same computer, copy the things you need to the new one, use DBAN or gparted or dd or whatever to wipe the drive, reinstall Windows.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/
http://windowsiso.net/
>>
I can't tell if I'm retarded or just have a really shit monitor.

Basically, when I watch videos or cartoons on my monitor, it doesn't feel smooth during transitions (looking up, camera moving side to side).

This doesn't happen if I plug an HDMI cable from my TV to my computer. The TV makes the videos look extremely smooth.

Is it a problem with my monitor? And which monitor (preferably 1440p/1080p 144hz) can I get to make video playback smooth like on a TV?

Monitor is an Acer GN246HL.
>>
>>57477238
this
>>
File: 1393628083806.jpg (75KB, 189x212px) Image search: [Google]
1393628083806.jpg
75KB, 189x212px
People in the IT industry: What do you aspire to career-wise?

I'm nearing 3 years out of school as an engineer, and am pretty sure I don't want to be a senior technical person (unless you are literally the tech lead for the entire organization and making sweeping design decisions, you're solving the same stupid problems as the juniors just with more years on you). In a similar vein, technical management doesn't seem all that great either unless the business folks gives you near-full control. Lots of politics and bureaucracy on that side of the fence.

So on both sides it seems to end up as tedium.
>>
File: 1478904962716.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1478904962716.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>57479079
The SSD is pretty much a 2.5" disk, use the adapter it comes with to put it in a 3.5" HDD bay.

There is backspace in your case, make all your cables go around behind.
>>
>>57479146
I have the same monitor and don't know what you are referring to. Is your windows refresh rate set to 144Hz? Are you using a dual link dvi cable (the one that came in the box)?
>>
File: zs3Qkst.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
zs3Qkst.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
Is this true?
>>
Look
>>57477146

If you have nonthicc S7 you can download the zip found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/odin-samsung-galaxy-s7-flat-sm-g930f-t3496949

Extract is and flash it with the newest version of Odin (3.10.2 I think not sure though). Back up before hand using smart switch and then restore and itll be like an OTA. I'm loving it now!
>>
>>57479209
Yes, it's on 144hz and I'm using the DVI-Dual D that came in the box.

I wouldn't know how to describe it because you'd have to literally be here, but I can try my best.

Anything (vidoes, anime) that has a lot of motion (sliding left, right, any direction) in it becomes a little choppy. The television though plays those transitions and motions very smoothly. The worst part of this problem is I wouldn't know where to even find a solution for it.

Maybe it's because the TV is much larger on a scale, or since a TV is literally designed to play shows and videos whereas a monitor is for desktop use and games.
>>
>>57479235
>Look
Stopped reading right there. Fuck off.
>>
What's the name of the Raspberry Pi competitor that was posted the other day? I think it has a blue PCB and the chips are -- for some reason -- placed at odd angles.

Anyone?
>>
>>57479278
That was probably some sort of ardurino.
>>
>>57479278
Orange Pi? Banana Pi?
>>
>>57479278
Arduino.

The others are too insignificant to be called competitors.
>>
>>57479199
Thanks man, you're the best
>>
Root available for moto Z Force yet?
>>
>>57479296

It's something like that, but none of those look like the one that was posted. Like, most of the chips were at weird angles. Not exactly 45 like (I think) the main chip on the Orange Pi. They were at weird and different angles.

>>57479304

Arduino isn't a competitor to Raspberry Pi, they're completely different things.
>>
>>57479330
Ask in the /guts/ thread for help with cable management.

They mostly will tell you to remove the back cover and manage the cables there.
>>
Ubuntu 16.10 won't play nice with VMware. For what ever reason, it installs fine, but it remains stuck at boot either complaining about an SMCBus controller or freezing on the loading image. Has anyone had any experience in getting around this problem? If so, what can I do?
>>
Is HDR a meme? Looking at a lot of Black Friday deals and 65" 4k TVs are at $800 and the same with HDR are about $1200

Also, what is the best brand of TV?
>>
>>57479432
Not a meme, but a feature being under the marketing term influence.
>>
Is it normal that I still feel distraught a week after seeing a stranger suicide by train right in front of me? I find myself lying awake at night wondering if I could have stopped them somehow if I'd realized what they were about to do, and can't even go down into the subway tunnels anymore without feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack. Is there somewhere I can get counseling for this kind of thing without having to pay for it? Don't exactly have a lot of money right now.
>>
File: snapshot3.png (265KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot3.png
265KB, 1366x768px
friend said his laptop fan never turned on

i cant get it hot, even at 100% cpu usage with glmark2 running on a loop for over an hour, the fan just wont turn on
it just wont get hot

is there a way to just fuck up that celeron to make it go full toaster mode to see if the fan works at all?
>>
>>57479461
Yes you will need therapy, are you an ameriburger? You're supposed to have health insurance and all insurance covers mental health, or if in college you can talk to the campus counselor for free a few times
>>
>>57479461
>Is it normal that I still feel distraught a week after seeing a stranger suicide by train right in front of me?

Yep. Congratulations, you're not an insane sociopath.

> Is there somewhere I can get counseling for this kind of thing without having to pay for it?

I don't know. I would imagine there's something. If I were you, I might call the local police non-emergency line, explain the situation, and ask if they have any ideas.
>>
>>57479487
>all insurance covers mental health,
Does it? I didn't realized, I guess I'll look into this
>>
>>57479481
Insulate with a towel or something.
>>
>>57477146
I was thinking about getting a VPN but I don't know what to look out for. Any tips guys?
>>
>>57479481
Why do you wanna turn it on?

Its a mobile celeron, it will never go past 70°C so passive cooling is good enough for it atleast in the model of your laptop.
>>
>>57479515
I'd like to make sure the fan could function
It's got a bios lock so I can't test it in the bios

But I guess if it's not getting dangerously hot there's no issue
>>
>>57479509
I thought about putting it in a toaster oven at 100°f to see if ambient temps change anything
But a towel sounds safer
>>
File: Torch-Benzomatic.jpg (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Torch-Benzomatic.jpg
5KB, 300x300px
>>57479481

Yes.
>>
>>57479537
Remove the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS.
>>
>>57479556
This is dangerous. Some systems have safeguards that will physically destroy the onboard decryption chip (along with the hardwired key that is required to boot the system or access any of your data) if this kind of tampering is detected.
>>
>>57479501
Here you go fám

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-tell-if-your-health-insurance-covers-mental-heal-1625153418
>>
>>57479569
Nice bait anon.
>>
>>57477146
Best software for finding and managing duplicate files in Windows?
>>
>>57479590
Ccleaner
>>
>>57479590
For exact matches, I just use fdupes through Cygwin. I have a python script for jpegs.
>>
Flying across the country next week, is it acceptable to bring 250kg of gravel in my carry on luggage?
>>
I've been getting memory management BSODs all week after I used ninite to upgrade a bunch of things and also ran windows update, and also happened to install a wireless mouse. It tends to happen after I've left firefox open for a while. What could be the cause? Could it simply be bad RAM? I'm not sure because it was working fine a few weeks ago.
>>
>>57477146
what kind of specs should I look at when considering a smartphone? What do you guys base your decisions on?
>>
>>57479616
Depends on the carry on restrictions of the airline in question, check on their website. I'm not sure a quarter tonne of gravel will fit into an overhead.
>>
HP Prime or HP 50G for an EE?
>>
>>57479682
Run MEMTEST.

>>57479702
Want something good and simple?
Get a Moto G4.
>>
>>57479682
I should add that I've tried using bluescreenviewer but all it ever points to is ntoskrnl.exe.
>>
>>57479702
Processor, ram amount, storage options, brand quality and reputation, operating system version and future upgradability

Don't buy a 70$ chinkshit phone running android 5.0 on 1gb of ram
Get something that fits your needs, has good specs, the features you would use and is well reviewed
>>
How much does it cost to have my DNA altered? Want to make a few minor cosmetic changes.
>>
>>57479752
Do you wanna die of cancer?

Because that's what you're telling me right now.
>>
why do I keep having dreams about my phone getting damaged/screen broken
I mean we're talking like 4 or 5 years having a dream like this probably 2-3 times a month
>>
>>57479682
Actually, come to think of it, I never had a single BSOD yesterday. This is so annoying.

>>57479726
Thanks.
>>
>>57479726
>Want something good and simple?
>Get a Moto G4.
Thanks, I'll have a look at it

>>57479736
My needs are pretty minimal, as long as it'll run commonly used apps then I'm fine. Brand quality and reputation is definitely something important I hadn't considered, so thank you.
>>
>>57479788
Do you have it in a T H I C C case of plastic and silicone? If not, it's going to happen eventually.
>>
>>57479788
Buy a thick case, and tempered glass.

Its not that rare, it happens to everyone atleast once.
>Tfw moto G 2013 was working just fine but a fall from bed broke the screen from inside
>>
File: room_by_the_sea.jpg (151KB, 1000x734px) Image search: [Google]
room_by_the_sea.jpg
151KB, 1000x734px
I have a dead laptop.
The RAM sticks in it are fine.
What is a safe way to store them future use?
>>
>>57477146
good free software to slap together a flashy CV? I don't want to just leave it as black and white plain type.
>>
I currently have a Bitcoin wallet with Blockchain.info
How can I get the Public Key? I need it to set up multisig escrow.
>>
>>57479859
LaTeX
>>
>>57479859
LaTeX. Not even memeing.
>>
>Start repairing computers to earn some extra money
>80% of them are HP laptops that died of overheat problems
Why HP was and/or is so shitty?
>>
>>57479865
>>57479874
Well I guess that settles it. Thanks!
>>
>>57479251
I didn't put that there I was using clover and it auto filled. Sorry if I triggered u senpai
>>
>>57479891
Feel free to ask more if you have no idea what it is or how to get it. LaTeX is fucking weird, but very pretty.
>>
>>57479910
Well I've just started downloading MiKTeX, and I'm hoping it'll be straightforward. How difficult is the software to use?
>>
>>57479939
write/edit markup, run through thing that turns .tex into .pdf

You should be able to find a template for whatever you want to do. There's also some editors that update the output in real time.
>>
>>57479939
you're basically typing a markup language to put somethig together. the documentclass I use is res.
>>
>>57479845
>What is a safe way to store them future use?

Give them away on Craigslist.

What's the point of storing old tech? It just gets more useless with every passing day.

It's like asking "what's the best way to store this ham sandwich for when I retire?"
>>
>>57479986
I'm going to put them in the new laptop I purchased.
>>
>>57479997
[spoiler]It has only two slots that are already filled[/spoiler]
>>
>>57480005
It does indeed have two slots, one of which is filled with inferior RAM.
>>
>>57480027
Your dad is an inferior ram.
>>
>>57479971
>write/edit markup, run through thing that turns .tex into .pdf
sorry, what do you mean by this?
>You should be able to find a template for whatever you want to do
Is there somewhere specific to look for these? I assume they're online
>There's also some editors that update the output in real time.
This sounds useful

>>57479977
Ah, I do have a sort of familiarity with markup languages. So I will be typing out a lot of tags?

I'm definitely going to have to read some tutorials I think, but thanks for your help so far guys.
>>
>>57480031
My father is not a goat! He is GOAT!
>>
File: mp5.jpg (124KB, 700x362px) Image search: [Google]
mp5.jpg
124KB, 700x362px
I don't know much about codec and containers.

Regardless of popularity/commonality, what video format has the best quality:filesize ratio? This is just for saving stuff for personal viewing, so I just need to be able to play them.

At the moment, I usually just H.264 .mp4 them.
>>
>>57480126
No, he's mediocre. In bed, I mean. He may be a skookum choocher in other areas. What I'm saying is I fucked your dad and he didn't perform well.
>>
I have just installed Fedora and then also proceeded to install Chromium.

All my fonts look shitty.

What do?
>>
>>57480157
>At the moment, I usually just H.264 .mp4 them.

That's what I settled on several years ago when I got into encoding DVDs.

H.265 looks quite a lot better to me, particularly in areas with motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL22L0mRSDs
>>
>>57479997

Why are you buying a shitty laptop using the same old tech as your last one?

That's like buying a new F-250, but asking the dealership to swap over the wheels from your Geo Metro.
>>
>>57480157
h265 or vp9
>>
Is this amazon's black friday price?

https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sxts_k2p_hero1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2668835642&pf_rd_r=4S2QEH4NRN53N7ZE6TYS&pd_rd_wg=4Io9k&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=np2TH&pf_rd_i=ASUS+VG248QE&pd_rd_r=6FYNYBS5TFMB97A8V411&ie=UTF8&qid=1478264048&sr=1

Will it go any lower?
>>
>>57480383
>>57480406
cheers
>>
>>57480399
DDR3 is still DDR3. Plus, I'm on a budget.
>>
File: 1355176154848.jpg (63KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
1355176154848.jpg
63KB, 672x712px
>>
>>57477146
everytime i uninstall and reinstall firefox the configuration and add-on stay the same how do i fix this
>>
>>57480605
delete appdata/roaming/mozilla/firefox
>>
>>57480614
thank you anon
>>
>>57477146
I want to expand my knowledge on computers as much as I humanly can. Don't have money or time for college, but I've been told I'm quick at learning.

>Help
>>
>>57480760
https://g.sicp.me/books/
>>
If I have a 2.5" hdd that is locked by an ATA password can DBAN remove it? I tried using hdparm and victoria under hirens but I cannot unlock this drive to use it.
>>
>>57480771

Thanks Anon
>>
File: 1475285762196.png (242KB, 636x548px) Image search: [Google]
1475285762196.png
242KB, 636x548px
>>57478659
pls
>>
Anyone have Proxy recommendations and where to buy?
>>
Hello all

I have the "Samsung Galaxy S7" so not the note version and I want a bigger micro SD card. Right now I have 32gb and it's not enough anymore.

I googled it and it said it support up to 200gb.

What is up with that? Since when is it 200gb? I was expecting 128gb or 256gb. Do we have 200gb cards now?

Which size card should I get?

Thank you
>>
>>57480771
Jesus fuck what kind of fucked up shit is on here. Totally trust you guys
>>
>>57480907
much of the info is older but is still very applicable
>>
>>57480916
no cp please mr FBI?
>>
>>57480892
It probably has to do with hardware limitations. Say you have a 64gb internal memory, and a 128gb microSD, that's 192gb total. So they make the hardware able to handle 200 just so nothing is on a razor's edge, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>57480771
The torrent file doesn't include the programming dir
>>
>>57480907
What's wrong with the stuff there?
>>
>>57480952
>>57480960
lol i downloaded it about 6 months ago so im not sure if someone changed it or added to but from what i have its just a bunch of books from 2000-2010
>>
>>57480956
ok so its probably best to go for a 128gb micro sd card? i think internal is only 32gb
>>
>>57480157
i've moved over to x265 + opus + mkv
seems to be the most efficient combination right now

vp9 is pretty good too if you want to go full, unencumbered freedom
>>
Should I become a cop or a plumber?
>>
>>57479682
I just checked osronline, and it's telling me the root cause is coldfusion. In other words, it was probably the java update that's causing this. It explains a lot of things, like how the memory management BSOD only kicks in after I've hung around a lot of pages with heavy JS usage for a while.

Anyone got tips on how I can roll this back or something? Sorry, I am pretty exhausted right now.
>>
>>57481111
I don't know
>>
>>57481111
Depends what country.
>>
>>57481002
Yeah that should be fine, depending on what you're doing.
>>
>>57481111
>have stuck shutoff valve
>can't fix it piecemeal because shared water line in apartment
>need to call plumber
>he see's bf's army uniform hanging in hall, >pokemon scroll on front door,
dildo in shower (he has to stick a hose in there in case something goes wrong)

I think plumber pays more?
>>
>>57481152
need more music mainly
>>
>>57481169
minimal kek
>>
>>57481169
Why wouldn't you at least clean your place up before a plumber came over. You must be maximum aspergs or wanted the plumber to see so he would fuck you, you dumb slut.
>>
>>57481191
I didn't think he'd need to look in the shower, and I was busy moving the toilet out of the way and cleaning the floor.
>>
>>57481199
Is your bf a pog?
>>
What is the little app all Windows users use in /g/ threads? It displays their sysinfo and temps etc.
>>
>>57481212
He's a sergeant, currently reserve, was in Kuwait once. It's only part time. He has regular day jobs.
>>
>>57481239
What country, what corp?

Aus, Infantry here.
>>
>>57481254
U.S.
I don't know anything more than "Army". He spends a lot of time moving around Bradleys.
>>
>>57481273
Eh, being a Sarge in the US army is the equivalent of a lance corporal or corporal in my army. Worked with a few yanks, pretty good guys but not the sharpest tools in the shed. Good on him for leaving though, hope he's enjoying civvie life.
>>
>>57481295
Yeah, I know it's nothing. Just three privates under him. Got him some decent jobs though.
>>
How do I host servers (FTP, Torrents, etc) in a residence where I don't have access to the router?
>>
>>57481363
does the router have UPnP enabled?
>>
>>57481386
I believe so, as my torrent program was able to find a port and gave the network "OK" signal when I enabled UPnP.
>>
Whenever I try to watch something on my TV via HDMI, the video lags and is practically unwatchable.
Is there a way to fix this? I'm guessing it's a HDMI drivers problem, but can't figure it out.

Specs: Windows 10, ASUS G75 Laptop
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 640x488px
What the fuck is this bullshit? Why is a 45MB .pdf file taking turning into a 5GB file when I try to download it through Google Books?
>>
>>57481753
its cp bro just let it happen
>>
How might I format my drives and reinstall my operating system without utilizing a disc bay or changing my Windows key? I have a legitimate copy of Windows 7 x64 Pro, but I don't know what my key is, or if it would still work if I could find it.
>>
what is the best laptop i can get for 400 bucks, i still love my t420 but my uncle said he will give me money and i want to get one and keep my t420 for a spare.
>>
>>57481803
you should dual boot kali and tails on your spare for shits and giggles
>>
>>57481813
do you know modern day laptop for 400 bucks i can get thats bad ass. I can do that kali thing later
>>
>>57481820
no im just shit posting
>>
>>57481830
can you even lead me in the right direction
>>
>>57477146

Should I install chipset drivers from Intel or from my motherboard manufacturer? Does it matter?
>>
whats the difference between h100i gtx and h100i v2? i've been looking everywhere it has the same specs, plebbit says they just renamed it

there is a 20usd difference in a store near my house
>>
File: 2304983.png (98KB, 422x309px) Image search: [Google]
2304983.png
98KB, 422x309px
>My PSU becomes completely unresponsive for days.

I'll shut down normally and go to boot but nothing will happen, no response, no power, no post. I've tried jumping ground to PWR ON still no response.

But it starts working after being unplugged for a couple of days, probably fully discharging caps or some internal timer.

Can't RMA because they want me to pay for shipping and it'd be working once it got there anyway. What do?

Someone with the same problem said jumping +5v to pwr on fixed it for them. But I'm not sure about doing that.
>>
>>57482138
maybe its tired
go out sometimes
>>
What's a bestbuy midrange graphic card these days? HD4870 is getting a bit rusty.
>>
I got a minor question. Is there a way to enable better fonts in win7 without enabling DWM? I don't really fancy adding thirdparty software because most tend to slowdown the computer over longer period.
>>
>>57482112
v2 is compatible with more modern sockets, or at least it lists them on the spec page.
it should be cheaper than the old one.
>>
File: IMG_20161112_164032.jpg (4MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161112_164032.jpg
4MB, 2592x4608px
Hi /g/

Is this possible?

Will a double cantenna provide gain for wifi when it's between two wifi points? Like have cantenna A pointed towards wifi A. Cantenna B pointed towards wifi B and coaxial to link the two antennae?

Pic related, sorry for size uploading off phone.
>>
>>57482487
Yes its possible, you're just describing a directional radio repeater
>>
test
>>
>>57482504
Possible with simply two cantenna like that?
>>
>>57482526
it's a passive repeater. that's how a yagi antenna works, all the directors act as repeaters.
>>
>>57482526
No, if you wanted to use a passive repeater you would have a cantenna at the original transmisster and at the final receiver, and then a reflective panel between them.
>>
File: 1478932396857.jpg (65KB, 450x426px) Image search: [Google]
1478932396857.jpg
65KB, 450x426px
I've got a 3TB HDD that gets read by POST but stops my Windows booting in.

If I boot in without it connected, then connect it (SATA hot plug mode enabled), it appears in Device Manager as normal, but Disk Management says its not there, and won't allow me to assign a drive letter and shit to it.

After a few minutes, it'll disconnect itself and I'm left having to re-plug it in.

What the fuck is up with it?
>>
File: Carl from ATHF.gif (346KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
Carl from ATHF.gif
346KB, 250x200px
>>57477146
What's a good book for learning how voltage components work?
>>
File: CsHDV_KXEAARiCU.jpg large.jpg (167KB, 802x994px) Image search: [Google]
CsHDV_KXEAARiCU.jpg large.jpg
167KB, 802x994px
Is there a free Ebay tool that bids and maybe notifies me in case of new listings that I search for?
>>
>>57482625
Considering you're using the term "voltage components" I'd say intro to EE
>>
File: udpclientserver.gif (1MB, 348x300px) Image search: [Google]
udpclientserver.gif
1MB, 348x300px
I have a few linux and BSD boxes

how do I use the disks on those boxes in a sort of RAID-over-the-network thing so that I can write backups to it without having to worry about the available space on each disk, whether or not one box in unreachable.

Is this a reasonable thing to want? What protocols/programs should I Ixquick on?

Preferrably the data is transmitted encrypted but I can put everything behind VPN if needed, but I consider the storage itself acceptably secure to where encrypted storage probably only complicates things.
>>
File: 1475283826983.jpg (42KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
1475283826983.jpg
42KB, 600x424px
What's the /g/ tablet to go for?
I don't need a smartphone and I want an alternative to use my laptop in my train commute.
I thought about something like an iPad mini but I don't want to use an apple device.
>>
im in the hospital with a thinkpad and the shittiest internet ive seen in years
what are some good download managers ?
>>
What's the easiest way to get dropbox referrals for extra space? Is there a way to do it yourself?
>>
How do I find my windows Cd key on a drive that's corrupted?
>>
>Boot new PC with old hdd through USB with W7 installation
>"CD/DVD driver is missing"
>Tried formatting Hdd before booting installer
>Same error again
Anybody knows what this is? Never had it before
>>
How long does it take to format a 1Tb HDD ?
And a 70gb ssd ?
>>
>>57477699
What he's saying is that if it's exactly twice the pixels horizontally and twice the pixels vertically, it will theoretically look exactly the same as a 1080p screen of the same size.

Though we know that will never happen due to shitty blur filters.
>>
>>57482853
A few seconds
>>
>>57481455
Check if your TV has any options concerning input lag or something like that, if not buy a VGA
>>
how do i clean my pc
>>
>>57477228
There's two options, you can send it to a company for millions of dollars, or you can open it up and see if the arms or servo needs replacing. If you're lucky and it is "just stuck" you have to manage to get it moving again without deforming the arm. Difficult, not impossible. If you're not doing anything else with the drive and you have the time you should really give it a try.

>>57478276
Maybe you have to clear the screen inbetween calls: Garbage collection? Are you sure this section of code is causing it to slow down?

>>57479278
Another one is the Pine64, but I don't think it has odd-angled chips at least the current layout.

>>57481455
Laptops don't have video cards strong enough for playing 10bit chinees cartoons at TV resolutons. If you have a "smart tv" maybe you can set up a network drive on your laptop to play the video, maybe you can put the video on a flash drive. Maybe you can buy an EGPU that's strong enough.

>>57482138
RMA it with a good description of your problem or write it off. There's no hope.

>>57482765
Try a Parted live CD/USB

>>57482792
Do you have a CD drive plugged into the computer? try taking it out for the installation.
You can probably find drivers after you've installed W7.

>>57482901
You can use a toothbrush if you're careful, a vacuum cleaner if you're REALLY careful, or canned/compressed air if you aren't careful.

>>57482673
pls reply
>>
>>57482873
Thanks
A few more:
I'm building a new PC, and my new hard drives are fucked up (lots of windows installs and shit from Acer), should I wipe them now or after installing them in the new system?
>>
>>57482946
Unless you're worried about a virus it doesn't matter. I'd wipe them now and use them for backup during the installation.
>>
This may sound too stupid but...
>Wake up, turn PC on
>Continuous beeps and bootloop
>ThisHasHappenedBefore.png
>Try taking in and out RAM and GPU
>Still those beeps
I've searched but the only problems regarding this beep codes are about unsettled hardware, any other suggestions?
>inb4 gentoo
>>
There's a problem with my motherboard or something so the clock keeps setting itself to the wrong time. I've tried replacing the cmos battery several times but it always breaks again after a week or so, so I'm just left spamming "Set time automatically" until it fixes itself.

Is there a way to set my pc's time to regularly (as in, every minute or something) sync with the internet time so it's more or less always correct? Windows 10 by the way.
>>
>>57482983
Try unplugging RAM/GPU for a while along with the PSU. Maybe try to booth without or with only one of the RAM sticks. Try to boot with the onboard GPU. That way you can figure out what the problem is; Your motherboard, your RAM, or your GPU.

>>57482986
I hope win10 has NTP
>>
>>57482986
you can make a script that loops
@echo off && w32tm /resync &&
>>
>>57479146
anyone?
>>
My firewall started recently to block 4chan on windows. What should I do ? I like my firewall. It's called comodo secure DNS.
>>
>>57483029
stop associating with the hacker known as 4chan
>>
Whydon'tnipsusespaces?
>>
>>57483053
you mean to stop using the site?
>>
>>57479146
>>57479240
A few thoughts:
- You have insane-resolution chinese cartoons that don't fit on your monitor, and your player can't handle the rescaling at 144Hz. Your options are to get lower-quality videos for your lower-quality monitor, to get a better codec/media player that does GPU scaling or to buy a CPU that can keep up with your GPU.
- Could be a really weird GPU driver bug
>>
>>57480545
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-S24D330H-24-Full-Black/dp/B01HRYELC4/

why not this instead? much cheaper, same specs
>>
>>57482965
For backup?
I have:
250gb ssd (new)
80gb ssd (old)
1tb HDD (old)
1tb HDD (kinda new, for movies)
1tb HDD (new)
>>
>>57483082
please don't recommend a monitor to anyone ever again
>>
>>57483029
;; ANSWER SECTION:
boards.4chan.org. 139 IN A 104.16.64.203
boards.4chan.org. 139 IN A 104.16.66.203
boards.4chan.org. 139 IN A 104.16.68.203
boards.4chan.org. 139 IN A 104.16.67.203
boards.4chan.org. 139 IN A 104.16.65.203

You can try to put boards.4chan.org in your hosts.txt, that will circumvent DNS.

>>57483027
see >>57483081
>>
>>57482926
>Unplugging cd drive
Oh shit this might be it

Thanks, Ill try it out.
>>
Ok, so, I made a clean install of windows 7 and the system lacks:
-ethernet driver
-wireless driver
-usb driver

How do i move the ethernet driver inside the laptop so that i can download and install the others?

My CD/DVD drive is broken, so that's not an option.
>>
how come sometimes when using hdmi my computer detects my monitor as speakers (it has a headphone jack) and other times it doesn't? is it just a connection issue?
>>
How do I make an array of entities that all have a variety of associated information in Javascript?
Javascript beyond the most basic scripting is totally alien to me.

I can create a class in Java perfectly fine, but it's really new stuff to me to be able to do things like
var m3 = {
translation: function(tx, ty) {
return [
1, 0, 0,
0, 1, 0,
tx, ty, 1,
];
},

rotation: function(angleInRadians) {
var c = Math.cos(angleInRadians);
var s = Math.sin(angleInRadians);
return [
c,-s, 0,
s, c, 0,
0, 0, 1,
];
},

scaling: function(sx, sy) {
return [
sx, 0, 0,
0, sy, 0,
0, 0, 1,
];
},
};
>>
Hello guys

I got some google rewards money but every time i try to use it, it asks me to register a credit card

Do I really need to register a card in order to use it?
>>
>>57477238
hell yeah, alestorm are the shit
>>
I want to activate my copy of windows without going to dodgy as shit sites such as "windows loader". I just tried windows loader, and it attempted to sneak in at least a dozen pieces of malware software. wat do?
>>
>>57483154
A lot of laptops have SD card slots, maybe that one works
Maybe you can temporarily use the wireless card from another laptop if that driver is available
Otherwise you can use a linux live usb to copy the driver install files onto the system drive, then reboot to win7 and run the installers.

>>57483195
[ ] will give you an array,
{ } will give you an "object", which is just an association table/dictonary.

[ {"entity": entity1, "associatedinformation": 1}, {"entity": entity2, "associatedinformaiton": 3}, /*etc*/ ]

>>57483209
Yes, it's literally bait.
>>
>>57483271
>second answer
How could anyone think that could be understood by anyone who doesn't already know the information that the answer attempts to convey?
>>
>>57483292
IDK mang your question is really vague too.
>How do I make an array
You use either [ ] or new Array

>of entities that all have a variety of associated information
These are just objects. You don't make classes in JS, just write out the object literal with { }.
Objects are a collection of names with values associated. The value can be anything like a number or object or function, the name is generally text.
>>
Two questions:

First, it seems that right clicking and "run as admin" seems to have no effect, as some programs won't even start if I do that, any ideas?

Second, other than defrag and virus scan, what other programs can you use when your computer starts behaving oddly, as in a general check up or maintenance routine?
>>
What is a decent source on learning HTML
>>
>>57483335
could try antimalware scans as well as virus scans. Your registry might need cleaning up as well.
>>
>>57483271
>A lot of laptops have SD card slots
Mine doesn't.
>Maybe you can temporarily use the wireless card from another laptop if that driver is available
I'm not sure what you're suggesting here, could you explain it better? I do have another pc available (3 actually) but my win7 doesn't recognize my laptop wireless driver.
>linux live usb
I really like this one, but how exactly? My drivers are not in the usb live, what am i missing?

Anyhow thanks for answering me, i really need this laptop operative asap.
>>
>>57483011
Whatever the RAM Slot configuration is, and without the discrete GPU the result is the same
>>
>>57477401
Depends on your internal HDD's specs. My laptop has a 500gb 5400rpm SATA3 drive, so a 1tb USB3.0 external really helped.
If you disconnect it while you play, you might corrupt files, ruin the drive's surface (worst-case scenario) or maybe just cause your game to glitch out.
>>
File: galko undressing.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
galko undressing.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>57483353
>wireless card from another laptop
Unplug the card.

But the uSB/Ethernet drivers not working?
>>
>>57483376
No usb, no ethernet, no wireless yes.
This solution doesn't look like something i can handle, so maybe i'll try the linux live usb method first.
>>
>>57483394
Try running ubuntu live DVD.
I did that once and the bluetooth drivers of the laptop started working without even installing anything.
Just mounted the windows partition.
>>
If I get one of those huge outdoor Wifi antennas and attach it to my wifi card on the back of my PC will it work as intended or will it not have enough power?
>>
>>57483420
It will work but not to the maximum efficacy.
Worth it though if you use it for both the router and the wifi card.
>>
>>57483341
You really really should pick up the "Transcending CSS" book to learn HTML.

It does not teach:
- Javascript
- all the available HTML tags but you can read about them on any old html5 site
- the Content Management Systems that pretty much every site requires

But it's the best way to actually start to understand what you're doing.

>>57483353
The second suggestion was to take the wireless card out of one laptop and plug it into the one that now doesn't have drivers. If you're lucky your installation has the drivers for another wireless card and you can use that card to download the drivers for the card you want to use.

The linux live USB has the drivers at least for USB, but probably even ethernet/wireless, even if wondows doesn't. You'd make a lunix live USB, boot it, and go to the website of your manufacturer where you hope the drivers are still available, download the windows drivers and save them on C:/users/anonymous/Desktop or something. Then if you boot in windows you can install the drivers normally.

>>57483368
There's probably an issue with your motherboard then. Try the reset jumpers if you have them. Let it "rest" by taking out the PSU for a while. Do all the components look good, no bulging caps or burn marks on the board? You might have to replace it.

>>57483420
It'll probably have enough power to do something, but it might not be as much as you hoped. Read the datasheets of your card and antenna to see if the powers match.
>>
>>57483258
anyone?
>>
>>57483441
>>57483444
Yeah I highly doubt my stock card has enough power, would one of those USB adapter ones work you think? Only thing I'm worried about is that I've heard there are power/frequency regulations and laws and limits for how powerful it can be. How hard would it be to get an adapter that can output maximum power for a huge outdoor antenna?
>>
>>57482926
Unplugging the dtive didnt work.
>>
>>57483271
>Yes, it's literally bait.
But when I buy something the money used will be the google rewards, right?
>>
>>57477146
repostan from /dpt/

I want to implement a very simple AI that one can "converse" with, i.e
>say hello
>ask about previous topics (update data base)
>ask to learn (update data base)

I'm learning prolog right now so I know that will cover the database and relationship portion, but I'm wondering about the front-end, i.e, the string handling, prompting the user, and writing to a text file.

Should I use another language that I'm used to for handling such tasks (Java, C/++, VB) or just use prolog for everything?
>>
>>57483469
What OS?
You can boost the WiFi card with this if on linux
iwconfig wlanx txpower 30
>>
File: 1470633619201.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470633619201.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I'm looking for an adapter to solve all HDD/SSD connecting issues.
Is this the best there is?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HJ99DI/ref=pd_sbs_504_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5YMH70ZA0DSHM9DDJVZN
>>
File: fucked up.png (22KB, 472x345px) Image search: [Google]
fucked up.png
22KB, 472x345px
HELP

trying to calibrate monitor with an x-rite i1 Display Pro, getting fucked up results. what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>57483496
If prolog can do string handling, yep.
>>
>>57483444
Motherboard looks fine but it keeps happening after trying everything. How did you get to the conclusion that the problem must the the mobo? I can't/don't want to get a replacement if I'm not quite sure what the issue really is
>>
does /g/ use download managers ? I havent used one in a while and i would like to get advice on wich to use. Anything but JDownloader.
>>
>>57483699
downthemall
>>
>>57483469
As consumer you do not have to worry about power regulations. If you can buy it in your state then it should be legal to use in your state. The antenna does not increase power so it doesn't affect the regulations, but it does increase range. That's the beauty of a good antenna.

>>57483478
Yes. They'll give you the "money"/credit as long as you're willing to go through the steps to become a customer.

>>57483496
I would not recommend C for sting handling and prompting, certainly not if you're not already comfortable in those languages. Java is okay but you'd have to enjoy java.

>>57483679
It's not a problem with the GPU because you said you tried the on-board and external and the issue persists.
If it were a problem with the RAM, you should at least be able to enter the BIOS without any RAM inserted.
It's still possible another device is the problem, you can try to unplug everything except the PSU, monitor and a keyboard (maybe even the keyboard) and see if there's still a problem. Then that means the problem is the PSU or the motherboard, because you disconnected everyhting else. I don't often see PSUs causing beeping-booting cycles so that's why I say your motherboard is dying.
>>
>>57483699
>>57483707
what's the point of using a download manager anyways? Most browsers have a built-in one, right?
>>
>>57483739
downloading multiple chunks at the same time to prevent the webserver throttling your download speed
>>
File: windows_7_os_tan_nana_by_kenoten.jpg (248KB, 1600x2071px) Image search: [Google]
windows_7_os_tan_nana_by_kenoten.jpg
248KB, 1600x2071px
>>57483271
>>57483376
>>57483412
>>57483444
Okay, thanks all of you, I'm making a live usb right now, that should do it, and worst case scenario I'll try to plug a different wireless card.
Thanks /g/.
>>
>>57483715
>Yes. They'll give you the "money"/credit as long as you're willing to go through the steps to become a customer.
ok, thanks lad
you were very helpful
>>
>>57483707
ill give it a try
>>57483739
>whats the point
extremelly low download speeds can be frustrating. download managers are designed for that kind of internet connection AFAIK.
IE: if you download a large file on a browser and the connection dies you lose the whole file. in a DL manager you get to keep what you downloaded so far.
>>
>>57483715
>I would not recommend C for sting handling and prompting, certainly not if you're not already comfortable in those languages. Java is okay but you'd have to enjoy java.
I've built an assembler/interpreter in C and I'm still not very versed in it, I feel. I'll probably go with Java since I'm most familiar with it and maybe switch to C++ once I get better at it
>>
What's a good router to use with a budget around 60-70$?
>>
>>57483707
should I use Firefox extension?
>>
>>57483828
>>57483707
nevermind, I just realized the entire thing IS a FF extension. wew
>>
>>57482745
bump
>>
>>57477175
join them you fool
>>
File: 1366928677823.png (5KB, 313x312px) Image search: [Google]
1366928677823.png
5KB, 313x312px
i recently installed a new mobo/RAM/CPU + a fresh install of windows 7 and im idling @ over 4gb

i mean i have steam open right now + firefox, but even straight after boot its weirdly high

i dont see any processes that i didnt have before the new parts but its like double what it was before
>>
>>57483699
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cliget/
>>
>>57483901
idk i usually have like 0,5 GB of ram used in idle win7
upgrade to loonix
>>
>>57483715
So I should not care about the motherboard beeps and go straight for a motherboard?
>>
>ask for DL managers
>ppl keep posting firefox addons
>none of them compatible with palemoon
>>
>>57483945
You can't use your motherboard as it is now right?
If you had a manual to decode the beeps with you should have said so, but otherwise you'll have to get your motherboard repaired or replaced.

Did you disconnect everything from your motherboardr and still not able to get into the BIOS in any way? Then write off the motherboard.
>>
>>57477146
Which free app has text recognition feature? Camsanner has it for premium users only
>>
>>57483995
My b, I forgot to say that the Gigabyte website says those beeps meant PSU issue (manual should say the same but I don't have it as of now).
And yes, not even without disconnecting everything does this work.
Thanks for your patience anon
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 309x127px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 309x127px
I have a problem playing FLAC files which have a stupid high bitrate I get shit tonnes of noise from my speakers I've tried different players and downsampling but it doesn't help. I can hear the original audio a little bit over it
>>
Are there Linux distros out there that run well on a 600MHz Transmeta Crusoe CPU? I can get a Libretto mini-laptop cheap locally but it's equipped with one of those (and 128MB RAM). I've never used a computer with a Transmeta CPU before so I have no idea about them.
>>
>>57484099
That's some old stuff.
What do you want to run on it?
>>
>>57484131

A text editor mostly. I really just want a portable word processor, but having other functions available would be nice.
>>
>>57484140
>portable word processor
There are better choices really.
You can install any distro if you want.
I'd suggest puppy/slax/lubuntu though.
Why Libretto though?
>>
>>57484165

It's just cheap, and like retro hardware. I'm also in my car a lot and a mini-laptop would be a lot easier to use in that setting. I could get a netbook I guess, but the Libretto is cheap and cute.
>>
>>57484187
>It's just cheap
How cheap?
You can get a decent thinkpad under 100$ if you look.
>>
File: area.png (1KB, 270x326px) Image search: [Google]
area.png
1KB, 270x326px
>>57484040
Yeah in this case I'd trust the mobo first, especially if you enjoy your current motherboard. bit weird to have your PSU break down though, those usually have a longer lifetime than most of the other components. Maybe you were drawing too much or too little current? You should make an estimate of what you're going to need to avoid it in the future. You can read the wattage of all your components or use one of the many web calculators like http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
>>
>>57484199

$70, maybe less if I can haggle.
>>
>>57484227
You can get X60 with this price.
Anyway make sure to install the floppy drivers if you plan to use Libretto.
>>
File: R Series Crossfire Chart.jpg (70KB, 1021x454px) Image search: [Google]
R Series Crossfire Chart.jpg
70KB, 1021x454px
I have two R7 260s, i'm going to crossfire them. On the AMD site (pic related) it says that these cards don't need an external bridge. My question is; Do i just install them in to my graphics card and enable a setting for it in the BIOS? Or what? What do i do?
>>
>TLDR
what to use for easy to setup, maintain, static website.

sister got a kid
4 years who started to play hockey

the team wants to move from facebook group
to a normal website

some barelly technical person will be managing some schedules and articles

I know some shit, did some html, css, JS, played with bootstrap a little.. but never wordpress

anyway, help what to use for easy to setup, maintain, static website.
>>
Is 2 140mm fans in the front and 1 140mm fan in the back acceptable? Using air cooled cpu/gpu.
>>
i want to build a library that interacts with a program called "circe" and uses qt.

is libcirce-client-qt a good name?
it sounds kinda autistic
>>
File: investigator apu.png (185KB, 693x662px) Image search: [Google]
investigator apu.png
185KB, 693x662px
Hello. Has someone here saved the webms from that Anon who made the Firefox and Chrome comparisons?
>>
File: Crying Ukrainian Kid.jpg (75KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Ukrainian Kid.jpg
75KB, 448x545px
>>57477146
I have a 5TB Toshiba external HDD that always slows down my PC when it is plugged but I want to use it for backups. Should I use it with either a Raspberry Pi 3 or build a cheapo Linux second pc and use it as a glorified NAS drive?
>>
File: 1466796517900.png (26KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466796517900.png
26KB, 200x200px
Hey guys.
I have a dinosaur of an LG L9II (aka D605) running stock Jellybean. All of a sudden it's started saying that there is no network connection, despite my SIM being inserted the right way and all. At first a quick reboot would fix the problem, but since yesterday night I've rebooted it a dozen times to no avail. Is this a common issue with Android phones? Is there anything I can do about it, eg. rooting and installing a custom ROM in case it's a software issue? Or is my phone cucked?
In case it's cucked, could any Germanfags in here point me to to any online stores where I might find chink phones or devices at lower-than-usual prices? Money's tight, I'm new in the country and I have no idea where to go.
>>
>>57484358
For a static website you can use as little as lighttpd, nginx or apache, you'll have to make the .html files yourself, but if it's just converting from a facebook page it should be doable.

If you don't wanna do html, you should look for a static website generator. I enjoy writing markdown so I generate my website from my markdown files but there's a lot of different options.

>easy to maintain
That's quite vague, there's a lot of different aspects to "maintainging a website"
My personal take is the following:
- easy content: markdown + static website generator
- easy adding/chaning/removing: network drive
- quality assurance: validator and dead link checker
- crisis management: version control and a local copy/"backup"

I think this is "easy management", but there's a lot of different components. You can make it easier by giving up on either quality and crisis management, or by giving up on making it a static website (shame!) and just using wordpress or something.
>>
>>57484853
cheers, but maintenance will be done by some dumbfucks
so there will be some elements that will be easily editable by them

chaging title of the main page article
changing time table content

will probably have to look in to wordpress
>>
>>57484669
Building a NAS is worth it, but a rPi can also be a NAS. If you're just going to use this one drive and it has external power, use the Pi. (rPi can't power the drive from its USB port)
If you want to build a greater backup solution with RAID and such Pi won't do.

>>57484878
Then you cannot use a static website. You'll have to use a CMS like wordpress you mentioned.
Have a look through https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_frameworks#Comparison_of_features
>>
>>57484934
Thank you for your advice. Yes, the Toshiba has external power. I would just use it in my PC but it slows it down in every way, including booting and shutting down. I only have the one drive so no RAID. I'll go for the Raspberry Pi 3 solution.
>>
>>57477146
What are some good IRC clients other than MIRC? Or should I stick with MIRC?
>>
Is there a small gps device I can get to attach to my cats collar just to find out where he hangs out most of the day?
>>
File: 1477773278610.jpg (632KB, 1276x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477773278610.jpg
632KB, 1276x1920px
2 questions. Main one is what would causes a hardlocks when just playing games? ive had to restart my system a good few times for different games and not all from the same studios. DOOM, Old Blood, Sniper elite 3, CS GO. just hardlocks. i assume a harddrive issue? At least i have less blue screens than i did on w10.

2nd question. Any idea why on this set up i can not max out The Old Blood and get 60+fps when others with my gpu or lower can? i only get 20fps on maxed or even on ultra. i have to set it to high to get 60fps. I wish more games got love for optimization like the new DOOM did.
>>
>>57484996
There are actually GPS implants for pets in case they get lost. In some European countries I think it's even required by law to get one for your dog/cat. You should just ask your vet about it, in my country they go for around 20-25€.
>>
>>57485038
Are the owners able to access the gps data at their own leisure or is the vet the only one who can access it?
>>
is there a program i can use to rip music from a flash file
>>
>>57485023
A dead hard drive could cause both of those problems. And a lot more problems. Listen for a "ticking" sound if you can. Make sure the HDD is on when you listen. You can also do a speed test or just try to move a large file(500 MB or more) from one folder to another. If it's consistently slower than 5 megabytes, seems dead to me.

For question 2:
Check your cables inside your case aren't blocking the GPU fans.
Other system specs could be the reason you have awful frames.

A dead hard drive could cause both of these problems too.
>>
How do I host servers (FTP, Torrents, etc) in a residence where I don't have access to the router?
>>
>>57481121
Well, I uninstalled the java updates and left the original one that was working fine there. Hopefully this sorts things out, and hopefully this helps out somebody else down the line.
>>
how do i tell useful drivers from garbage and bloat on my laptop's support page?
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-R-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-R61?linkTrack=Homepage%253ABody_Search%2BProducts&beta=false
its wierd bcuz this laptop came with working wifi and audio after a fresh install of win7 so would i get better wifi or audio installing the drivers?
>>
File: ss (2016-11-12 at 10.58.01).jpg (18KB, 315x159px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-11-12 at 10.58.01).jpg
18KB, 315x159px
Is letting a game run way above 120FPS a bad thing for my GPU? My temps are fine running around 50C.

FYI, I have an R9 390 and running Stepmania 3.9 (13 year old game) and it hits around 600-900FPS during an actual game.
>>
File: pls help.png (13KB, 323x211px) Image search: [Google]
pls help.png
13KB, 323x211px
The way I browse this shithole of a site is I keep the pages on my bookmarks bar. Now suddenly chrome doesn't want to refresh to the top of the page when I click them; it takes me to the same spot I was at before I refreshed the page. This is super fucking annoying and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem/knows how to fix it.
>>
>>57485163
set an FPS limit ingame or with external programs (RivaTuner)
extremelly high fps can cause throttling or overheating, even in extremelly old games
>>
>>57485067
Well, you can completely disregard everything I said. I did a quick google, and it turns out that these implants are simply a sort of ID, without any sort of tracking mechanism in them. A second google search, however, turned up multiple companies that sell GPS tracking devices that get attached to the animal's collar. They seem to cost between 60 and 200$ with about 10$ charged yearly for the service. The two different models I've seen are both to be used with a smartphone app.
>>
>>57485163
No.

You should turn vSync anyway.
>>
File: 1453417415573.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453417415573.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>57484934
The one who asked the stupid question originally here again. Should I just build a second PC with Core2Quad + 8GB RAM for €100 and just use that manually on and off as a way to back files from my PC?
>>
>>57484989
Hexchat.
>>
File: 1323043157236.jpg (50KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1323043157236.jpg
50KB, 680x510px
I keep getting an Exploit Fake Video Player type 1750 on my computer and it keeps screaming "Critical alert on my computer" You know, the fake help stuff.

My AVG says it gets rid of it yet it keeps appearing. How do I get rid of this thing? I already did a safe mode scan and it found nothing.
>>
File: hdd.png (56KB, 789x858px) Image search: [Google]
hdd.png
56KB, 789x858px
Should I get a new hard drive this one is starting to make noises?
>>
>>57485325
What kind of noises?
Grinding or clicking?
>>
Purchasing a new modem, any suggestions? I have Optimum/Cablevision and looking to upgrade to their 300Mbps plan.
>>
>>57485356
I'm just worried since I've never had a pc component fail on me in all my life.
My PC siting next to me and occasionally it does this low pitched 'brrrrt' noise. Then when I open really large files the hard rive goes crazy and begins to clack a bunch of times for a couple seconds then it stops.
>>
>>57485411
SMART doesnt show anything bad.
Sounds like your average worn HDD, but that doesn't mean its damaged.
Your HDD has 4 Years(35k hours) of use so its normal for it to start making noises.

Try to get a new one if you are worried, they are $40-50.

When it starts clicking then worry.
>>
>>57485411
it's just the age.
get ready to buy a new drive before the whirring starts when idling
>>
File: a10-warthog[1].jpg (2MB, 3500x2329px) Image search: [Google]
a10-warthog[1].jpg
2MB, 3500x2329px
>>57485411
>low pitched 'brrrrt' noise
You need to take your computer outside and dust it because you definitely have a warthog infestation
>>
>>57485456
>>57485460
thanks guys I looked up the noises of failing hard drives an non of them seemed to match the low pitched fart noises mine was making.
I guess its just what happens when I've been using an old SATA 2 drive for almost 6 years now
>>
>>57483258
get it direct at the mydigitallife forum.
>>
>>57485496
Have you considered getting a new one? Yours has 2 years more tops.
>>
File: speccyspec.png (61KB, 909x666px) Image search: [Google]
speccyspec.png
61KB, 909x666px
>>57485023
>>57485108
i totally forgot to post my specs. my OS is on an SSD as well.

and i can play the new DOOM maxed, sniper 3 maxxed. just about any game all maxed ( cept upersampling in witcher 2 for example. super taxing )
>>
>>57485631
I will when SSD prices get even lower. I upgraded my entire PC like 2 years ago and I just used my old hard rive from my last build. My hope is that I can get a 256gb ssd for under 40 bucks then have a hard drive for mass storage.
>>
does anyone have the iPhone btfo pic with all the features it lacks greentext?
>>
Maybe not the correct board but why do so many PC gamers use headsets instead of speakers? Is it because of increased team emphasis on PC? The ability to produce higher quality audio?
>>
>>57485700
Personally I hate headsets, but I got them so my games don't bother the people living around me. Now that I have my own place I use speakers. Some of these games have high pitched noises that you can hear across the house even with the doors closed
>>
>>57485700
Doesn't feedback with mic, can hear direction of sound in games with sophisticated sound engines, live with parents and don't want them hearing all their stuff, are not aware a PC can be connected to audio equipment that isn't shitty "PC speakers".
>>
>>57485668
Doubt they will drop that much.

Low quality ones go for that much, but good ones go for $80-$90 for 250GB.
>>
>>57485700
my friends who insist on wearing headphones don't live alone, so others can't hear their anime moans.
I can blast them through my entire apartment, that's why I like speakers more.
>>
>>57485852
People in the hallway hear you, unless you're in the bedroom with la puerta cerrada ;)
>>
>>57484316
bump?
>>
Are there any downsides to PCIe SSDs?

like do i just put it in a PCIe slot and it will work like a normal harddrive?
>>
>>57486070
They're too fast :(
>>
Hey guys my PC has gotten sloth mode it seems overnight. Even as I type thisthe characters are two seconds delayed.

every game is 22fps max

what could have cause this? my temperatures are fine.

another weird thing is task manager was reporting my cpu was running at 5.13 ghz when it has a 4.2 Maximum

thanks
>>
>>57486070
you might not be able to boot from a pcie card.
>>
>>57486138
Someone is having your computer mine buttcoins.
>>
>>57486168

How 2 fix
>>
>>57486155
why? isnt it just like a normal harddrive where you can just boot directly from it?
>>
>>57486168
but the graphics card fan isnt even on
>>
>>57486226
That kind miner only uses CPU.
>>
>>57486225
the motherboard has to support NVMe
>>
>>57486225
If you have a new/recent motherboard you will be able to.
Only old ones dont let you.

>>57486070
Literally too good, unless you need one for something in specific dont get one.
>>
So I have a home networking question.
I have two routers (One is my Verizon router, one is a router running DDWRT) because my family needed stronger wireless signal on the other side of my house.
The DDWRT router is hardwired to one of the ports on the Verizon router (LAN 3 or some crap on the Verizon side, WAN on the DDWRT side).

The question I have is- how do I set it up so that they use the same subnet?
>>
>>57486262
What kind of MB supports it?
>>
can miracast be used with windows 8 (not 8.1)?
>>
>>57486138
Run Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.
>>
rx 480 4gb or 8gb
i only do 1080p
i use a i5 6400
>>
>>57486284

nothing was found with malwarebytes but I will try adwcleaner

thanks

also im on windows 10 so this is a waste of time its unhackable
>>
>>57486297
Check that windows updates arent running in the background then and do a system restore.
>>
>>57486280
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point follow this. The gist of it is to disable the DHCP on the second router.
>>
>>57486284

wow adwcleaner seems to have worked.. thats insane thank you

I wonder if it actually was some kind of bitcoin miner
>>
>>57485700
I personally prefer my extended bass headphones. I love listening with them.
>>
I've currently got a Sandisk 120gb SSD (Ultra II? some shit) and a WD Black 1TB which I use for my minor programs and files.

I'm down to my last 200mb of space on the ssd and I can't keep up with deleting files and making space so i'm looking into getting a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb (500gb is a bit too pricy for me right now, thanks Brexit).

Are SSDs worth the price still or should I just buy another standard hard drive? Is it worth getting one of those motherboard SSDs otherwise?

I'm clueless and need some space
>>
>>57486836
Yes they are worth the price.

850 EVO is really good, backup everything in your sandisk to the 850 evo and use the sandisk as a secondary SSD.
>>
where can i find a good compilation of basic programs specific for underpowered or old machines?
>>
>>57486836
Also if you mean M2 SSDs, not really, not worth the price.
>>
>>57486836
motherboard SSDs have the same performance as normal SATA SSDs. they are smaller, require no cables and often are cheaper. if your mainboard has the right m.2 slot, get one.
there are also PCI-m-2 SSDs. they are expensive af, and they get hot, but they are the fastest shit available
>>
>>57486857
If your machine is ancient and unique (For example the Macintosh Plus or the Apple //GS) chances are that someone already did a list of interesting shit you can download and run on them.
If it's some generic old DOS/Windows machine a quick google search will help you find mirrors of old software
>>
Recently, I've noticed that when I first start up my machine (running W10 64bit) my ram skyrockets to almost 99% usage. What could be causing this? If I try to open a ram-heavy program like a game or firefox, it will completely max out and things will get very slow and unusable. Any help is appreciated. I've included some screenshots below for further explanation.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2pshyfr.png
http://i68.tinypic.com/11bngh0.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/2r3ypeq.png
http://i67.tinypic.com/2iw0kli.png
>>
>>57483081
thanks for the reply anon. a couple of things:

it happens across many different streaming sites. funi, crunchyroll, other sites that host the content, and the videos would be 720p-1080p. i always torrent my cartoons at 1080p no higher.

this also happened when using mpv on windows and on arch. same results using mpc-hc.

the gpu is definitely not a problem because all i have to do is drag the window with the cartoon playing on it to the tv (its setup as my 2nd monitor right now) and the problem doesnt occur. my gpu is a 970 and cpu i5-6600k.

i dont really know the solution right now, but all i will do next time is not cheap out on 144hz monitors, especially if they're from a taiwanese company.

time to look at monitors that arent shit. but i doubt 144hz 1440p are cheap anyways
>>
File: 1478901834521.jpg (27KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1478901834521.jpg
27KB, 600x418px
Is Nvidia Pascal well supported on Linux?
Im finally ready to switch to Linux only to find out AMDs shitty drivers make my monitor tear and stutter and spaz out, no matter the DE or distro.
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.