/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Networking Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1471391053803.jpg (65KB, 665x596px) Image search: [Google]
1471391053803.jpg
65KB, 665x596px
Any knowledgeable networking ppl around and want to share some knowledge?

1) if I have wifi and ethernet, how does Win/Unix pick the interface to use? Where are these settings kept? How do you change them?

2) Say I connect to VPN, tun0 for example, can I send only specific traffic through it and then send other traffic through ethernet, for example? How is that done?
>>
>>57474726

Stop asking questions that you can easily look up yourself retard. Sage.
>>
>>57474779
you can't. when you search, all you get is shitton of unrelated things.
>>
>>57474807
speak for urself
>>
File: how.jpg (14KB, 691x328px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
14KB, 691x328px
>>57474726
got a question! pic related. how do I get two PCs to communicate when they're each in a private network address space???

I have basically two routers... one that's ethernet and one that's wifi. I can't get my laptop (wifi) to communicate with my PC.
>>
File: stock-photo-joke.png (628KB, 665x596px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-joke.png
628KB, 665x596px
>>57474726
LOL I actually took that screen shot
>>
>>57474920
Idk why but i audibly laughed when I saw this post. Did you draw that?
>>
>>57474726
1) I believe the default is Ethernet (it's faster and more reliable). Obviously you can choose as the user though.

2) Your question doesn't make sense. Look up VPN on Wikipedia and do some reading

>>57474920
It depends on the router's protocol.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Routing_protocol
>>
>>57474807
Then git gud at searching (specifying the right keyword combinations, using quotation marks, filtering results, etc.).
>>
>>57475009
>Idk why but i audibly laughed when I saw this post. Did you draw that?
yeah, I just drew it with GIMP.

>>57475055
>It depends on the router's protocol.
both are Linksys. Wired Ethernet one is like 5 years old but it's GigE and works fine.

How would I go about adjusting them so they can comminicate?
>>
>>57476385
Those are manufacturer are hardware names. The protocol is in the software.

It seems the scope of your project is outside of your knowledge base . You need to read up on network communication
>>
>>57474726
Is she is a semen demen or not.
>>
>Upgrading servers to Windows 10

Good luck with the forced shut downs... Hopefully you don't need the servers for anything useful.
>>
>>57474807
Give us an example of what you're searching so we can tell you how wrong you are, and deliver you 10 pages of results.
>>
>>57476385
you need to set up a static route on the wifi modem for anything (0.0.0.0/0) to go to the router ip, your wifi modem should have an ip address on the 192.168.x.x range

also a static route for the 10.0.0.0/8 subnet on your main router to go to the wifi router
>>
Router should have a public IP address.
>>
>ITT I do not understand the basics of networking at all
>>
>>57475055
>routers protocol
you are not looking smart
>>
>>57474920
they are connected to the same gateway. it will route traffic between the different subnets. in your pic the traffic will not flow that way. it will flow to the gateway and back down.

>>57475055
>It depends on the router's protocol.
no it doesnt. they are both directly connected networks.
>>
>>57477485
yes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.