[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this make /g/ feel Does it really make you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

How does this make /g/ feel

Does it really make you think?
>>
Who downloads Netflix? Just stream it.
>>
>>57472108
0/10
>>
>>57471902
NORMIES GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57471902
im not surprised really, computers are so commonplace, basically everyone has one in their pocket all the time
I'm surprised there aren't more business related things in this list though
You'd imagine things like remote desktop, VPN, etc would beat most of it by far, since most people spend more of their time on work than leisure
>>
>>57472285
YOU spend time working

The vast majority of people aren't like us, using tools for leisure and passing their lives away instead of pursuing some sort of challenging goal.

I like these graphs. It makes me feel better than the average human being. Makes me feel less disposable.
>>
>http 6%
aw
>>
>>57471902
>BitTorrent 3%
p-pirates are the reason bandwidth is so expensive, right?
>>
>>57471902
I'm wondering what "Other" is.
>>
>>57472364
Port videos. (Or would that fall into HTTP?)
>>
>>57471902
It shows that people love to get entertained.
Video has the least usefulness/volume ratio: one minute of some Mr. Robot has less useful information than all books of War and Peace. So it's not a problem that video takes the most traffic in the Internet.
I even don't know what did you want to me to feel.
>>
>>57471902
>FreeBSD servers are used for most internet traffic

LINUX BTFOD
>>
>>57472578
source?
>>
>>57472364
I'm wondering if HTTPS is in there, because most websites today are accessed through HTTPS. Unless this is total traffic and not just total requests.
>>
>>57472710
https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Netflix-choose-FreeBSD-over-Linux
:^)
>>
>>57471902
Video has ruined the internet.

For years it seems like the masses have wanted to turn the internet into television. Well, I guess they got it.

And it sucks.
>>
>>57472755
>37%
>majority
you should work for the election system in the U.S.
>>
>>57472788
You should learn how American government works or just mind your own business, preferably the latter.
>>
>>57472788
With growing 2-3 percent a year it's likely at 40% by now

The only 11% is pure speculation
>>
Am I the only one who thinks this isn't bad? The fact that a household demands to stream multiple Netflix shows in high quality is a good thing. American internet infrastructure is utter shit. There is now strong demand for it to improve. With their "4K" streaming too, that demand is even more pronounced.
>>
>>57472827
Im on this side of the fence as well.

Also isnt this completely unsurprising what with every cable company bleeding money/going bankrupt? People are sick of cable and not being able to stream whatever they want whenever they want
>>
>>57472781
how the fuck is the internet "ruined" because there's streaming video on it? nobody is forcing you to have anything to do with a video on the internet. what is it that you, in all your immaculate wisdom, think that the internet is for?
>>
>>57471902
no wonder ISPs dont want net nut
>>
>>57472798
>You should learn how American government works
Whoever invests the most money runs the show?
>>
I'm surprised normies don't use more bandwidth.
>>
>unironically being American
>>
>>57471902
Did a little paper about this, the piracy vs streaming service bit. Got me a qualification when I was in 6th form (end of highschool for you amerifags).

>chilling in school being your average /g/ antisocial loser
>called by head, says i need to do extra credits
>I do all STEM subjects offered and already passed a language
>doesn't count if outside school hours, go do write a mini thesis in a class we offer
>roll up to class thinking its a joke
>everyone is dumb, literally aimed at kids who do shit like tourism
>they need all the qualifications they can get
>teacher is super keen, says the premise is to write about a debate and include morals or religion etc
>must be related to your subjects/uni course application
>god fucking damnit
>voice my concerns that engineering doesn't have religious or moral debates
>"anon you need to do it, its your qualification"
>my course doesn't even consider such irrelevant qualifications come on
>DO IT
>write about piracy because it has morals right
>finish it in a week, don't show up to class for rest of year lol
>git an A
>for claiming piracy is ok and sometimes necessary
Boiiii
>>
>>57473153
>engineering doesnt have religious or moral debates

u srs m8? What about the people who engineered the first atomic bomb? Although most of them were kind of tricked and had no idea what they were working on, there were still a lot of heavy moral conflicts
>>
>>57472864

Videos are too easy to make, and too hard to process. You cannot ctrl+F a video for the text you need. They are a lazy method of content creation. Instead of people sitting down and writing their thoughts out and having sites with lots of interesting articles that actually get attention and shared we just get youtube videos where some jack-ass rambles for 30 minutes.
>>
>>57473454
Not every video is some jackass rambling on, just like there's lots of shitty rambling blogs out there. From someone who did regular blogging, reviews, opinion pieces, as well as made videos/podcasts, it was way harder to make a decent looking, professional video about something than it is to just write an essay on a topic. With that being said, making shitty video content is very easy, but to make it well is a different ball game.

The best videos are ones with attached articles though I think, I agree I hate having to watch a whole video when I only need 10 seconds of it. Maybe one day sentences/keywords/context/etc will be searchable in videos
>>
>>57473386
>tricked
That's the problem, I can't write about war because that's history.

I couldn't put in anything technical. At all. You think an examiner who only corrects on topics like "the bible said an eye for an eye" or "fat acceptance" is going to understand how fucking fission works?
Piracy was ez way out because they understood things like stealing, copying or watching tv.
>>
>>57473454
videos vs. text, one does not preclude the other; for every video on a subject, there are just as many articles.

you have the option of viewing only text. you are arguing to take the video option away from those who prefer it. stop being a self-centered asshole.
>>
>>57471902
>only 3% of the traffic is bittorrent
>billions are spend to try and kill piracy
>>
File: 1477768146822.jpg (147KB, 1024x860px) Image search: [Google]
1477768146822.jpg
147KB, 1024x860px
>>57471902
Still they killed kickass because the owner is a fucking macfag who don't know shit about privacy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.