[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net Neutrality Doomed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Net Neutrality.jpg (73KB, 925x301px) Image search: [Google]
Net Neutrality.jpg
73KB, 925x301px
So net neutrality is dead, right?
>>
File: stahp.jpg (12KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
stahp.jpg
12KB, 229x220px
>>57471796
>>
It's in serious trouble. But don't despair Anon.

Net neutrality will never impact folks /g/ enough to get around it. No system is perfect, and a system designed to restrict the internet by incompetent governing bodies and ISPs will definitely not be.

If NN dies, the Internet will become a free place for the tech savvy once more. It will be a return of the Good Old Days before the normie invasion.
>>
>regulation by the federal government is good
Fuck off. Net neutrality is a meme.
>>
>>57471796
It never born.
>>
>net neutrality
>100Kbytes/s up and down
>your web pages are going to be so slow with with end of net neutrality
>thanks obama
>>
>>57471843
>git yer gubmint hands off my internet
It's not a regulation on the internet, just on the companies that connect you to the internet. It makes sure they can only profit from... connecting you to the internet. Shocking concept, right?
>>
>>57471796

clearnet maybe

Atleast we will have Darknet
>>
>>57471796
lol no, there's no way to fully control internet, every new system is already outdated and always bypassed, internet was and will always be pure anarchy.
>>
>>57471971
>>57472261
>internet was and will always be pure anarchy.

>some people actually believe this
>>
>>57471843
>$5 has been deposited into your Comcast account
>>
Data caps are a far more pressing, important and dramatic threat to your internet liberty than net neutrality

we should not even be *thinking* about net neutrality when throttling your connection to 1% after a few days is considered the norm
>>
>>57472995
>we should not even be *thinking* about net neutrality when throttling your connection to 1% after a few days is considered the norm
Uh, no it's not.
>>
Where has this net neutrality meme come from?

t. curious non-American
>>
>>57473152
my guess is that trump being elected presidenty has raised a wave of concerns
>>
>>57473152
Because third world countries have better Internet infrastructure than we do and I'm considering moving out of the country purely because of how terrible our ISPs are in comparison.

Google Fiber could've jump started Internet 3.0 but the folks over at AT&Goyim and Kikecast made sure that was stopped.
>>
>>57472995
>we should not even be *thinking* about net neutrality when throttling your connection to 1% after a few days is considered the norm
It's not considered the norm over here in the first world.
>>
>>57471796
This is the second or third thread about it. Just stop.
Trump is your new overlord, he may do something to fuck you all up or not but remember that you had at least 4 attempts to fuck you all up in the past few years and whoever is president or in congress this will never go away, lobbyist will keep going at it because big corps want it gone.
It's not a question of who's going to do it but when it's going to happen and it's unavoidable. Corps won't stop.
>>
>>57473206
Well this I guessed as it wasn't a term I'd ever come across before the election.

>>57473419
and this I'm aware of and after some searching I understand what it's generally about, but was Obama/Clinton/Democrats pushing for net neutrality especially?
>>
File: 1449292546131.png (5KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449292546131.png
5KB, 640x400px
>>57471796
I'm really not too broken up about it.
Low bandwidth is comfy as fuck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.