[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ccna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: photo.png (6KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
6KB, 512x512px
I'd like to get a CCNA but have no knowledge of networking. Where should I start learning?
>>
>>57471025
at the beginning
>>
>>57471025
>buy a prep book
>take exam

made me reply/10
>>
>>57471025
CCNA guide books. Then do lots of labs on packet trackers. Really learn subnetting.

Focus on the first half of the cert, then focus on the last half. I think it's easier a newbie to get the CCNA that way.
>>
>>57471025
Use GNU+Linux
>>
Also, I heard that there was a promo going on about getting a cc a, a+ and other tests for a bundle of $60. Gotta remember where it was....
>>
>>57471025
Cisco's own netacad.com
It even has practice tests for CCNA.
>>
>>57471025
As someone who has taken way to many cisco tests over the years. The netacad program is one of the better ways to study. The cisco press books are extremely dry to read and gloss over a lot of very important things that show up on the tests. The tests also have some of the most bullshit questions I have ever seen. There are literally questions where all the answers are wrong but you have to choose the least wrong one. They also love to ask questions about things that either not in the Cisco press book or not covered in any depth. For example when I took my ccnp switch just a few months back and there was a question to configure a certain type of switch port security. When I got the question I was like wtf is this. I tired my best but still failed the question and it was weighted fairly high so I just missed passing the test. When I got back home I looked through the book and the only thing that covered that question was 3 sentences on the last page. I had to look up online to see how you configure it and there was 1 non intuitive command you had to use to get it to work. When I took the test a second time I know I got that question right and ended up with a 940 score.
>>
>>57472201
wtf I hate Cisco now
>>
>>57472681
Yeah cisco still does every thing the old school way for certs. Instead of proving you study guides, practice tests and material for free like a lot of other company's do(f5 and juniper). Cisco makes you purchase each item, normally at some extremely high cost. For the 3 books I needed for ccnp route/switch I spent around 250 bucks. Then I spent another 75 for the lab books. Cisco big thing is they try to limit the number of people who have certain certs by either making the tests unnecessarily confusing or expensive. I also know they look at thier pass rates very closely and if they exceed a 60% first time pass rate they resign the tests to make them more difficult.

It wasn't that long ago I remember cisco coming out with a statement that too many people had a ccna so they made the test extremely difficult lots of ccnp level stuff while at the same time stating there where too few ccnps so they made that test much easier.
>>
>>57471049
I just found out about this the other day. So you can take the CCNA one half at a time?
>>
>>57473445
It's a dick move for sure, but they have to keep making it relevant somehow or another

If everyone gets one as easily as ever it becomes more and more worthless
>>
>>57471025
https://www.freeccnaworkbook.com/workbooks/ccna/
>>
>>57473986
thanks m8
>>
>>57471029
Ebin kek
>>
>>57473445
>Buying books for retail price
>>
>>57471025
WAN technologies are damn confusing, always have been and still are (even though stuff like ISDN and now also Frame Relay are gone from the CCNA curriculum). Ethernet is everywhere, is well accessible and known (other wired LAN standards are either dead or very niche like Fibre Channel), but nobody ever gets to see (let alone touch) any WAN stuff unless they already have a job which involves working with it.
>>
did a year of ccna in evening school, school offered to buy the books with a discount. I declined.

learned everything of youtube videos: www.danscourses.com ended up with a 92% score ofc you need a recent packet tracer to do the exercises, and you only get that when you register at cisco aka take a course. Paid 120€ for 20+ evenings
>>
>>57474644
>you cant setup bgp at home
>>
>>57471771
/thread
>>
Buy a book.
Use netacad
Watch videos (INE, CBT Nuggets)
Lab it out
If youre struggling then start with Net+
>>
if you have absolutely no knowledge you might start with network+ there are a few place online that have full courses for free
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.