[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here used one of this as a multimedia center to watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Anyone here used one of this as a multimedia center to watch movies, play emulators, etc? Is it good enough?

Really thinking about getting one since theyre cheap and easy to use
>>
>>57470283
Retropie is decent.
>>
>>57470352
What about the movie part, can i reproduce movies at Full HD? Or its too weak for it?
>>
>>57470283
Never used as pi3 for that myself, but I did try with the 1 and the 2.

The 1 played the video fine, but choked and dropped frames on certain audio formats, and the UI was laggy as hell on it. Ib think I had it overclocked even. I never tried emulation on it.

The 2 had no issues with any SD or HD coherent I threw at it. The UI was sluggish at times, but usable. I did run a few 8 bit console emulators on it to see, but never used it regularly for that. It seemed fine. I regularly use my 2 as a basement browsing machine: only one or two tabs at a time, both gecko and WebKit browsers are responsive enough in anything but JavaScript heavy apps like office or web games.

The 3 is much more powerful, both in CPU performance and the heat the damn thing generates.

Price out the pi3, fan, a wall wart, and case. Then, head to places like newegg, and see if you can get an open box or clearance zotac or other mini pc. If you're lucky, you'll find one for within $20 of what you priced out above. If you're not, and feeling adventurous, go ahead and try the 3. The worst that will happen is it tops out at emulating the n64.
>>
>>57470397
So i wont have problems watching movies on it at full 1080p HD right
>>
>>57470397
I played n64 on the 2 a while ago. It pretty much ran without any frame drop the whole time. That little thing would make a pretty nice smartphone desu.
>>
Persona media center myself..
Raspberry + OSMC
>>
I am, but I'm using an odroid for that sweet 4k
>>
>>57471687
The raspberry pi zero can handle 1080p mkvs fine, and that's slightly more powerful than the rpi 1 and only costs £4
>>
>>57470367
1080p yeah, however it can't play 10 bit videos very well
>>
If your videos lag just use omxplayer. It's optimized for the pi arm hardware.

Sound is ok if you use the HDMI, expect heavy noises with the minijack
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.