[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this part for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: google pixel.jpg (74KB, 470x617px) Image search: [Google]
google pixel.jpg
74KB, 470x617px
What is this part for?
>>
HDD
>>
>>57469955
ask sqt, dumb phonebabby
>>
There's probably some gubbins there that they couldn't fit behind the screen.
>>
>>57469955
pissing off autists like you
>>
>>57469955
Maybe it's some kind of statement?
"It doesn't matter how ugly we make our products - people are still going to buy them. Just watch this."
>>
>>57469955
Its the taptic engine cover
>>
>>57469955
That's where the botnet is.
>>
>>57470010
Shh. This is a secret contest between apple and google.
>>
>>57469955
NSA stuff

Probe me wrong
>>
>>57469955
Can you repeat that question?
>>
>>57470427
Prove your right?! FuCk BoY
>>
File: 3BUfnNuoWtoVM6FL.jpg (345KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3BUfnNuoWtoVM6FL.jpg
345KB, 1600x1200px
usb-c daughterboard
>>
>>57469955
To trigger.
>>
>>57469955
to make it look more like an iPhone anon! silly! XD
>>
>>57469955
for comfortable holding
>>
>>57469971
It almost looks like that $4 indian phone. Only that that one has an excuse for the bezel since there is a button.
>>
>>57469955
I feel like they should have put a button there to at least free up a little screen real estate

It pisses me off that I have to give up a part of my screen for the home button and even more so if there's a bezel
>>
>>57471416
Is the vibration motor anywhere to be seen there? Is it as good as the one on iPhones?
>>
>>57474288
yeah its not even really just the size of the bezel that makes it kinda ugly, its when you add the on screen button bar onto that.
>>
>>57470017
That's a pixel. Apple has an excuse for the big ass chin, Google does not
>>
>>57474067
this is the most relative answer though still wrong.

It is simply a part of the screen where touch cannot interfere with operability.

For holding purposes more or less.
>>
>>57469955
They probably used some template HTC already had instead of making an entirely new design.
>>
>>57470427
take your pants down
>>
They should have just thrown the speaker there instead of the very bottom so people wouldn't bitch so much.
>>
I got a Pixel XL after I turned in my Note 7 and fucking hate it. No wireless charging, no water resistance, no SD card slot. All this would be fine if it was a 500 dollar phone but it's just about the same price I paid for my Note 7. I got a Note 5 coming from Ebay right now. Soon as it gets here i'm taking this thing back and i'll just eat the 35 buck return fee. Wish I hung onto the Note 7 longer till the next Samshit phone came out. They might blow up and kill people but at least they have features. If I wanted a phone that doesn't have features i'd just get a fucking iPhone.
>>
My question is why everyone complains about the chin on this thing but not the chin on LG phones for example.
>>
>>57474382
Nah, the iPhone one almost makes it feel like the frame itself Is clicking. The one on the pixel just feels like any other haptic feedback engine. I'm using the pixel xl right now and it's just slightly tighter than my old nexus 5x.
>>
>>57469955
it's for you to be angry about it
>>
>>57476568
Look up LG G5 or the V20, then compare their bottom bezels to the pixel. It's fucking almost twice the size.
>>
File: AtUBeFiWi8Q.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AtUBeFiWi8Q.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
I have nothing against Google but god damn, the Pixel is uuuuuuuugly. I have a high tolerance for bezels (currently rocking an Xperia X which has large bezels itself), however, its colossal chin is right there, all up in your fucking face, as if eager to rub its fingerprint-laden surface on your cheek.

If India was a phone, this would be it.
>>
Pixel 2 when?
>>
>>57469955
To make it look like an iphone for normies.
>>
>>57469955
>What is this part for?
It's the storage compartment where Google keeps your blood and semen sample. It helps them curate content specifically for you.
>>
>>57469955
AESTHETICS
>>
>>57471416
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
why cant they put a forward facing speaker there
>>
>>57478410
Hey fellow X owner! How's the phone holding up for you? I like the software but the Wi-Fi is shit and the fingerprint sensor can get iffy for me.
>>
>>57469955
Cut it out and tell us what stopped working.
>>
File: 1473273611174.png (411KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1473273611174.png
411KB, 500x503px
>>57474740
>Apple has an excuse
LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT AND LAUGH
>>
>>57478802
I own a Z3 Compact and honestly I don't know what to get next, X, X Performance or a ZX. X Compact is mid tier at best but at a premium price so it's a big no no.
>>
>>57469955
Coherent design I guess, would look worse to have white at top and not equal white at bottom
>>
File: 1457288629489.png (307KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457288629489.png
307KB, 450x450px
>>57479318
>a home button that's also a fingerprint sensor
Vs.
>blank, wasted space
Holy christ are you a retard.
Retards like you that cock suck even when you're wrong are why people think androidshills are dumb
>>
>>57479397
X is fine, no better or worse. Fingerprint sensor works nice most of the time but some days it just doesn't work. Wi-fi is shit so I hope you have a generous data plan and the NFC is on the front for some reason. Decent enough front facing speakers and headphone output is par for the course. Screen is nice enough too but some colors are way oversaturated at some points. Camera works very nicely but you have to use a third party app to record 4K and the Camera2 API only works at 4K and lower resolution so no manual photos. Battery life is very good, 5-6 hours SoT. I'm surprised, considering the SoC is inefficient as fuck and gets hot under load. The phone is nicely sized and should be waterproof if the rumors are correct. Sony just announced a concept ROM for the X too that's based on AOSP, but don't expect any other ROMs, and if you want root you will have to unlock the bootloader and lose the DRM partition unless there's a root exploit. The X performance and ZX are based on the same platform so they should be decent but I don't have experience with them. X Compact is based on the same platform as the X and both are 400USD now, knowing Sony they'll get even cheaper in 6 months.
>>
>Not putting a speaker there and making it like the Nexus 6 with the front firing stereo speakers
Fuck you Google
>>
>>57469955
remove that part of the phone and look how stupid it looks
>>
>>57469955
Can you even trust google phones? It's google so I assume they're just trying to suck even more information out of you. At least a brand like apple seems to be about the product.
>>
>>57476551
Do you even look at what you're buying before you buy it?

The pixel looks like a $5 smartphone made for the India market. It's specs and overall features suck. There was never a reason to buy it because every single phone is better.
>>
>>57469955
say, you have an airplane, and you need to make an emergency landing, thats what that zone is for.
>>
>>57479659
you have no control over what runs on either
chances are you are using google services on ishit as well
>>
>>57470019
came here to post this
>>
>>57479693
Specs are the best you can get it's just lacking features. And I should have looked closer before I ordered it. I'll never make that mistake twice
>>
>>57478017
I wonder when other phones will adopt such a good motor, it might just take up too much space.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.