[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/uys Ive gotten my mitts on a zip drive reader. Why will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: hell.jpg (12KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
12KB, 225x300px
/g/uys Ive gotten my mitts on a zip drive reader. Why will it not turn with new laptop?
>>
>>57468825
Which interface?
They had SCSI, USB and parallel printer ports.
Guess which one is still supported.
>>
>>57468825
It will need additional power in the form of a wall wart whichever version you have.
>>57469588
All of them?
>>
It's a shame that there wasn't a universally adopted standard successor to the floppy.

Zip and minidisc probably came the closest to being a de facto standard, but there's a whole bunch of others that became obsolete and left tons of media with little chance of being recovered in the future.
>>
>>57469725
There was, the writable CD and after that the USB flash drive.

There are plenty of used drives for the other formats (Syquest, larger format floppies, etc) but most files weren't worth saving. Zip drives and discs were unreliable (click of death) but got the job done for more years than expected.
>>
>>57470390
>There was, the writable CD and after that the USB flash drive.
They aren't pushable into drive.
>>
>/g/ is not your personal tech support team
>>
>>57470390
Removable flash storage didn't become affordable at any decent capacity until long after floppies were dead, and burning CDs was not a good alternative to floppies due to their lack of flexibility and time consuming preparation
>>
>>57470535
Floppy discs weren't exactly known for their speed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.