[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i find a hidden router?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: rf.png (25KB, 324x598px) Image search: [Google]
rf.png
25KB, 324x598px
i live back in the sticks and have a new wifi signal close to me and thats impossible unless they have a very fucking big antenna. anyone had a problem like this? how can i locate the origin of the signal?
>>
The aircrack-ng suite comes with a tool (is it airodump? Haven't used it in a while) that'll tell you everything you need to know about any access points near you, including its apparent signal strength / number of beacons. You could use this information to play warmer / colder with it until you find it. If you were so inclined.
>>
>>57468738

Kismet
>>
>>57468759
thanks anon i will check it out its puzzling me that it showed up
>>
>>57468774
>Kismet
thanks anon
>>
>>57468782
>The aircrack-ng suite comes with a tool (is it airodump? Haven't used it in a while) that'll tell you everything you need to know about any access points near you, including its apparent signal strength / number of beacons. You could use this information to play warmer / colder with it until you find it. If you were so inclined.
Please report back after finding out what it was.
>>
>>57468801
10-4 fucken strange i tell ya
>>
Try holding a sheet of aluminum foil on one side of your router and check for the connection. Once you've covered the signal, it shouldn't register on the machine. It's in that direction.
>>
File: DolanPls.jpg (211KB, 1036x1471px) Image search: [Google]
DolanPls.jpg
211KB, 1036x1471px
>>57468759
Wait a sec dolan are u trying to cheat us again

>>57468782
Don't. Pic related, from two separate download sources. I'm running up a VM to see exactly what it does, but sheeeeeeeit..
>>
>>57468863
You're an idiot.
>>
ifconfig wlan0 down
macchanger -r wlan0
ifconfig wlan0 up
airodump-ng wlan0

w8 4 da <>< :^)
>>
its also a unprotected network no password sometimes my net will go out and its like its begging me to connect to it
>>
>>57468909
Yes anon, I'm dumber than the guy who cannot even correctly construct a fucking counterargument.

> You're an idiot, it is a crack tool, of course VT is going to flag the fuck out of it.

Now, demonstrate some intelligence, go check some descriptions of the modules detected, and realise several of them are keyloggers and standalone trojans (Backdoor.Agent!YIpT8GCK64g and Exploit.MS05-053.n would be good starts) which have dick all to do with the running of the program.
>>
>>57468979
most anti-malware are full retard and will flag any security testing software as a trojan or other generic malware no matter if it is legit or not. Especially when the software use low level hardware call.
>>
>>57468979
They intentionally put in false flags to get users scared easier to not use it
Also some flags are because its doing things at hardware level
>>
>>57468738
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB
>>
>>57468863
https://svn.aircrack-ng.org/trunk/

decompile yourself
>>
>>57468863
>0.9.3
The latest windows builds at http://www.aircrack-ng.org/ are for version 1.2

Where the _fuck_ did you get that shitty trojan-infested .zip from? On second thought, I'm not even sure I want to know
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.