[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEBIAN WEAPONIZED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1478714731-433154fff9fb[1].jpg (56KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478714731-433154fff9fb[1].jpg
56KB, 864x480px
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a23774/raspberry-pi-ukrainian-weapon-system/

ARCHFAGS BLOWN THE FUCK UP
>>
>>57459264
Year of the Linux Warhead
>>
>>57459264
That's pretty advanced for some Ukranian hobbyists, if it actually does what it says.
>>
>>57459277
>Systemd took it too far this time.
ib4 yes systemd is awesome
>>
>>57459336
Weaponizing systemd is the start of skynet. You just wait, in 3 major patches time it'll start forcefully integrating real world stuff.
>>
>>57459264
>arch on rapi is far mote stable
>using rapi for rapid proto is nothing wrong
>identifying as ukraine-kin is
>>
>>57459264
apt-get install missileguidance

I am honestly surprised it took this long for something like this. Me and some friend figured we could have made a stable one of these in 2 years or less if it wasn't very illegal to build.

(We had a very legitimate need for such things at our college given the Human vs Zombie arms race, which has since be banned do to "engineering escalation" "ruining the game")
>>
>>57459429
>Me and some friend figured we could have made a stable one of these in 2 years or less if it wasn't very illegal to build.
A stable guided rocket? There's nothing that is illegal about creating a guided rocket with, I presume since you're talking about a game, no warhead.
>>
File: Facebook_Camwhore.jpg (53KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook_Camwhore.jpg
53KB, 400x529px
>>57459264
>tech news jumping the gun on immature designs

Call me back when they actually show it working, as "sound guidance" (probably ultrasonic) over any respectable distance sounds like the ultimate pipe dream. True, if it's actually a recoilless rifle (like the AT-4) you could easily have subsonic projectiles making it easier, but I doubt a RaspPi is much use here.

In short, they glued a single board computer in some PVC and acrylic and showed it off at a tech convention, it's just a display piece until proven otherwise.
>>
>>57459507
This. Literally says it's a mockup. Mockups aren't functional.
>>
>>57459264
>Guided by sound
Good luck.
>shaped charge
>bringing down a helicopter
Yea...no.
>>
>>57459581
Yea...yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aviation_shootdowns_and_accidents_during_the_Iraq_War#Rotary-wing_aircraft
>>
>>57459456
Game?

>No, we were trying to fix the mistake the Bio Department made after their flawed immorality serum got lose. We told them not to play god, but no they had to mess with that weird DNA sample that the Aerospace Department brought back from their asteroid mining project.

>I swear it was just as bad the last year when the Material Department made that hyper conductor the Physics Department then used to make that time device that got us stuck in that stupid loop for 5 years. And that one evil professor decided this was the perfect why to teach us EVERYTHING, 15 final exams for one class is just wrong time loop or not. I'm just glad the Nuclear Department had enough fissionable material on campus to break the loop it was starting to drive me mad.
>>
>>57459638
What do you think this list means?
>>
>>57459663
Good work anon, but poor use of meme arrows, work on this for future work please!
89.4/100
>>
>>57460006
I thought those were sarcasm arrows, used to show false or exaggerated statements.

Is there a guide to these things?
Urban Dictionary has been immensely helpful with terms, but doesn't cover procedure and structure as well.

After years of lurking I still don't get these things.
>>
>>57459832
CTRL+F
"RPG"

What do you think a shaped charge is?
>>
File: CRWarheadTest.jpg (53KB, 742x577px) Image search: [Google]
CRWarheadTest.jpg
53KB, 742x577px
>>57460626
I'm not sure why you think that means a weapon designed for anti aircraft duty like this should be using a shaped charge. You do know you can punch some fairly large holes in aircraft and not affect their ability to fly, right? That's why anti aircraft warheads work the way they do. Hell, more than half of those incidents involved other small arms fire, how do you know someone didn't make the critical hit with an AK? Should we strap AKs to interceptors, now?
>>
>>57459264
What sort of erotic fantasy phallus is that?!
>>
This makes me wonder why I never saw a clause that says something like "this software must not be used in weapons of mass destruction" or something like that.

Is there a software license that says you can't use their code for military applications or something?
>>
>>57460403
Arrows indicate a quote, as demonstrated when you click a post number (to open the quick reply) with text highlighted. This can be used for sarcasm, implication, or sometimes to give flavor to certain text (as is seen when proceeding mfw).
I don't know what that guy was complaining about, you were using them as mock quotes. I guess he was expecting a sequential list of events, listed line by line in non-sentences.
>>
>>57459264
>stupid slavs doesn't know about raspberry pi zero
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>57459264
Raspberry pi in your face, Putin.
>>
>>57459264
How long till some barrel-shaped neckbeard gets one and slathers it in autistic anime stickers?
>>
>>57459277
>>
>>57459372
I can't wait until I can run systemd-world on my quantum computer.
>>
>>57459663
Who are you quoting.
>>
>>57461357
>thinking you'll ever own a quantum computer
>>
File: t3_5agbzo.png (172KB, 951x492px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5agbzo.png
172KB, 951x492px
>>57460403
You use them to either write a greentext story, quote somebody or sarcastically quote something that the anon you replied to didn't write.
>>
>>57461389
>What is technological progress
>>
>>57461116
Many proprietary licenses do, if you dig around in them.

The most hilarious one I saw was an iTunes license that prohibited the software's use in controlling nuclear facilities, or in medical or life-sustaining applications.
>>
File: stupid-human-tricks_gum.gif (785KB, 458x350px) Image search: [Google]
stupid-human-tricks_gum.gif
785KB, 458x350px
Old enough to remember the new Playstation 3 chips being used to guide scud missiles story.
>>
>>57461484
>The most hilarious one I saw was an iTunes license that prohibited the software's use in controlling nuclear facilities, or in medical or life-sustaining applications.
It's boilerplate.
>>
>>57461376
>>57461164
>>57461417
Thank you, for your input

I don't use them as quotes, I use " " as quotes (along with source citations as available, APA formant if I am not feeling lazy)

>>57461376
Nobody, I am just telling a story of my life that never happened, but is based on some real facts in my life. So I made it green so people would know it didn't really happen as the text can't really convey that tone very well.
At least you didn't call my post pasta like most do.

>I knew things would be hard adapting to college early on when some Civil students thought building should be more "active" in helping people. Needless to say the moving walls and stairs were not as helpful as intended often trapping people for hours till they moved again. I missed a few class because of it and got no mercy from the professors, who seemed unaffected by it all saying this was typical of our campus. Thankfully one of the Computer Science grads made an adaptive map app to help work around the issue. As the student council debated on how to fund a more static remodel of the buildings. However many of the Mechanical students said it didn't go far enough and proposed more modification costly that would essentially turn their department building into a giant robot. For reasons that were not entirely clear the motion passed and we got one giant transforming robot building and no static remodels to address more basic needs of bathrooms moving away in the middle of the night.
>>
>>57462517
I like it.
>>
>>57462594
>So did the football team who declared it their unofficial mascot. A giant dancing robot and insanely complex fireworks display made every game feel like a victory, even if the scoreboard always said otherwise. Turns out with enough Mining students and explosives, you can make firework booms constructively interfere to sound just like "We are the Champions" by Queen at a such deafening volume no one can say otherwise.
>>
>>57461116
Apple proprietary licensed (for OS X and some software) include forbidding the use of said software in nuclear facilities or something like that.

Freedom 0 of the "definition of free software" says
>The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose

And that of course includes obliterating humanity in nuclear fire as well

So debian does not have such disclaimer
>>
>>57462769
I'm going to use Debian in a safety critical system and then sue the maintainers when it fails.
>>
>>57459264
As long as Debian has used apt, it has been weaponized, against the user.
>>
>>57462819
They have a claim limiting clause to stop people like you.

Also if you are talking about Debian stable, do you think it will fail in your life time if you set it up correctly? Case is likely to never make it to court under grounds of a typical Id10t error.
>>
>>57461116
One of my hobbies is to read EULAs until I find something about weaponization.
An earlier version of google earth terms&agreements had that, stating it probihits use in navigation of devices that are able to carry weapons of mass destruction.
Like... that's my greatest issue when I want to deliver a nuke somewhere.
>>
>>57462897
>do you think it will fail in your life time if you set it up correctly
I think it is absolutely unsuitable for operation in a life critical application as I'm sure the maintainers would agree, but to argue that it's stupid to have a boilerplate license that prohibits critical applications being run by software not designed for it so you don't get sued is as stupid as you think the EULA is.
>>
>>57462819
>and then sue the maintainers when it fails.
On what basis you moron?
>>
>>57462938
That's what a EULA is for.
>>
>>57459277
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.