[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Questions Thread I'm Fucking Drunk Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 54

File: 1478483780373.jpg (28KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478483780373.jpg
28KB, 413x395px
/SQT/ - Stupid Questions Thread

I'm Fucking Drunk Edition

Last thread: >>57449390

If you can't be bothered to Google it

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, it's very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.
>>
File: reeeeee.png (11KB, 762x106px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.png
11KB, 762x106px
How do I keep these fucking turds permanent? they disappear when I reboot
>>
Is it normal for Nightly to use a gigabyte of memory for 14 tabs?
>>
>>57455253
I don't think that is bad at all anon.
>>
>>57455278
It is when you're on a toaster with only three gigabytes to go around!
>>
>>57455284
Shoot man. Maybe you should go for a lighter browser? Or get a few extra GB of memory.
>>
>>57455290
Please answer my original question. Is it supposed to do that, are these "the breaks" of it being 64bit?
>>
>>57455303
Sorry man I am probably not the best. I assume that is regular, no way it could do less. 1GB for 14 tabs is not bad at all.
>>
>>57455284
Check out "The great suspender" chrome addon,it should help
>>
File: tumblr_og52saRitB1s06omvo1_1280.jpg (718KB, 1280x1803px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og52saRitB1s06omvo1_1280.jpg
718KB, 1280x1803px
I remember having a picture book about ant-people and corn/maize, and it had nice illustrations I'd like to see again. Anyone know what if might be called?
>>
What are some alternatives to quickpic?
>>
>>57455429
leafpic
>>
>evernote turned jew
>onenote feels delayed and wonky
Any other recommendations?
>>
is google slow for anyone else? thought it was my laptop but my phone is slow too
>>
>>57455461
What a coincidence, I just tried to search something and had google hang on me.
>>
File: fugmylife.png (84KB, 674x826px) Image search: [Google]
fugmylife.png
84KB, 674x826px
Is this fixable before i buy i new drive?

When i try opening iso bigger than 4gb shit just get corrupted and forcing a recheck also fails with a Cyclic Redundancy Check fail.
>>
Is there a way to make Debian GNU/Linux software work on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD?
>>
>>57455569
No. Shut it down until you have the new drive.
>>
what is the best free vpn to use?
>>
What is the best free equalizer that I can download my headphones have too much treble
>>
>>57455591
Welp rip in pepperonis seagate drive

2012-2016

;_;

Recommend me some gud 2tb drives.
>>
>>57455569
>>57455591
>>57455611
Yea the drive is on it's last limbs. Do as the anon said and leave it off, transfer all your important documents ASAP.
>>
>>57455602
None. Get a PIA subscription it's like $40 a year or $6.50 a month, trust me it's worth it.
>>
File: ffmpeg-logo.png (9KB, 396x100px) Image search: [Google]
ffmpeg-logo.png
9KB, 396x100px
I have an .mkv file with a separate .ass subtitle file. I'd like to combine the two without re-encoding or hardcoding, just add another subtitle stream. The .mkv already has 2 French subtitles inside the container. I used

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -i subtitles.ass -c:s ass -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mkv

When I do this, the English subtitles I'm trying to add don't get added, but one of the French subtitle streams get deleted. What am I doing wrong? Preferably I'd like to delete both French streams as well but I don't really care.
>>
>>57455461
>>57455511
No issues for me, pretty much instant.
>>
>>57455638
No clue what you are doing wrong, but just use mkvmerge to do it, it makes muxing extremely easy (and all it does is generate the proper command line for you).
>>
I'm looking for the smoothest (probs not Elementary, though I don't mind macOS) gui for a linux distro, happy to take suggestions. I will be working through SCIP on it (I'm currently a professional LAMP stack dev and make a decent living, but looking to up my skills back to software engineering for better pay and job enjoyment). Any suggestions (not mint or ubuntu generic whatever....)?
>>
>>57455450
not really
There's icloud, but that's about it
>>
File: 1388535441261.jpg (229KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1388535441261.jpg
229KB, 717x960px
Hey guys, I'm fixing this laptop for someone and I'm trying to figure out what the issue is.

In safe mode it works perfectly. When booting normally, it takes forever to load into the desktop, and then once in the desktop after having loaded for minutes, doing simple tasks makes it freeze within a minute or two. Completely frozen, have to power it off by force. Can't figure out what's going on. It's windows 10 by the way.

Are there specific services that run normally which might be causing it? Things that normally DO NOT run in safe mode (with networking). Trying to narrow down what it is.
>>
>>57455638
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -i subtitles.ass -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output.mkv
>>
Changing my cpu, mobo, and ram tomorrow. Will I need to reinstall my os or will it be fine?
>>
>>57455676
thanks I just used the GUI and it's pretty simple. I would still like to learn my way around ffmpeg though.
>>
>>57455800
Uninstall your chipset drivers and do a full restart before replacing. Make sure it's completely gone. That shit can get stuck in your task scheduler if you interrupt it. Once it's gone, change parts and install the new chipset driver. Again, make sure nothing interrupts the process. Don't try to install it more than once. Just restart afterwards.
>>
>>57455763
hard drive is bad you moron
run hard drive diagnostics from the bios
>>
>>57455825
Not him but how the fuck does that mean his hard drive is failing? It's not like safe boot does not use the hard drive.
>>
>>57455820
Alright thanks!
>>
>>57455690
bump by poster
>>
What are some good lockscreen apps? The /g/ wiki doesn't say much about ricing lockscreens. I'm looking for something minimalistic that won't block out my lockscreen wallpaper.
>>
Is it worth waiting for the 1080 ti at full price, or should I just get a 1080 during the holiday sales?
>>
>>57455095
how to check how many bytes an application has written windows
specifically I want to check how much data spotify has written to my SSD to check if I'm effected by this bug ( https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-excessively-writing-to-drive-in-my-case-an-SSD/td-p/1365378/highlight/true )
>>
File: [EXTEND BIRD].gif (2MB, 488x291px) Image search: [Google]
[EXTEND BIRD].gif
2MB, 488x291px
Is there anything out there that can listen to a YouTube video and write it down in Word or something similar?
>>
>>57455921
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-way-to-extract-the-automatically-generated-subtitles-in-YouTube

literally first link

probably an easier way to do this though
>>
>>57455847
Hard drives don't just automatically not boot when they're going bad you idiot. Bad sectors are a thing.
>>
>>57455939
He said it boots up but takes a long ass time. it hangs or freezes or something, but in safe mode it works fine. Safe mode accesses the same user accounts and shit, How could that be hard drive related retard?
>>
>>57455916
Not sure how you can check what a specific program has written but if you install Crystal Disk mark you can see a general one.

Also maybe try Spotify on your regular browser, if you have an ad blocker you basically have a free premium lol.
>>
>>57455935

I thought of that
But the video doesnt have auto-generated subtitles, though.
>>
File: can this be done.jpg (556KB, 4256x1944px) Image search: [Google]
can this be done.jpg
556KB, 4256x1944px
I'm wanting to buy a teensy 2.0 but I'm not a fan of the mini usb connector, would i be able to solder that one off and replace it with a micro usb?
>>
I recently got a subscription to codecademy to learn code. I guess I'm going to try to learn everything in 'full stack'.

Is this a good resource? Can anyone recommend any books on the topic of Web design or any other resources?

How do you feel about html/css, Javascript, j query, and the whole ruby package? Is there any you suggest I start with first? Are there any other good coding languages to compliment these?

Thanks.
>>
>>57456002
Sounds like a pain in the ass
>>
Is stock voltage ok for 4.0ghz on a 6600k with a hyper 212evo? Is bios auto OC shit? I heard it's a bit too generous with the voltage.
>>
I've been having issues with cinnamon and screentearing. From what I understand its fairly common, any environments that won't do this?
>>
>>57456011
A pain in the ass I'm alright with. Is it compatible though? Are the pins in the right spots for a seamless integration?
>>
>>57456018
Everyone loves Unity and KDE. Try those, I guess.
>>
So guys I've learn a bit of C at uni. Mostly basic things like arrays and dynamic memory. Should I move to another language or keep learning more C? Any good sources for learning more of them?
>>
>>57456022
thanks buddy
>>
What NAS should I get? It needs to be compatible with Plex and preferably, I can remotely tell it to download torrents.
>>
Got my CCNA and one year experience as network admin at a small DC that's all catalyst.

Need to start getting more cisco certs before mine expires. Should I branch out to CCNA datacenter and drink the nexus koolaid along with R&S, or just stick to R&S?

Fuck voip/wifi/corporate windows IT guy bullshit.
>>
>>57455921
pls help
>>
>>57456188
Just watch the video and write your essay anon.
>>
>>57455095
is 71 C° an acceptable temperature for CPU under heavy load for extended periods of time? (playing videogames for hours)
>>
>>57456200
yes
>>
>>57456207
Thanks I was starting to worry
>>
>>57456200
Stock cooler?
Yes.

AMD?
Yes.

Aftermarket HSF?
Not at all.
>>
>>57456192

Fineeeee...
>>
>>57456014
for skylake don't go over 1.35-1.4 vCore for daily usage. for 4.0ghz, it shouldn't really go over 1.2, but stability does vary from chip to chip. best suggestion: put in a little time and effort to do testing with different manual voltages to see what the lowest vCore you can get to for a certain speed. this will be the best option for the health of your chip
>>
>>57456076
A seedbox can do all that with better download speeds than your connection
>>
File: 1-2F4d1o-Iq_WUkF-j_Mc23g.png (95KB, 499x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1-2F4d1o-Iq_WUkF-j_Mc23g.png
95KB, 499x1258px
I have two SATA 6-pin outlets open on my PSU, and my 1070 takes one 8pin connector to power it.

what adapters do I need to make this happen?

(am about to buy two 6-pin male to 6-pin male and connect them to the dual 6-pin female to 8 pin male that the 1070 comes with, but not sure that will be okay)
>>
>>57456043
it all depends on what your goal is
>>
but the shortcodes in the subject field for fuck's sake, god damn you people are like fucking mongoloids
>>
>>57456043
There's no real disadvantage in learning new languages. It is also very common to learn somehing that you throw away after a couple of years. Because you're in uni right now if you're goal is to get hired, try checking job postings and see what common languages and tools are being asked. You can learn them but still expect them to be different after you've graduate
>>
I'm a .net developer but I would like to get into freelancing on the side. Preferably making websites. How would I go on about this? What arebthe industry standards? I know some basic Html, css and php and very little ruby but I feel like compared to writing software there is a lot of technologies involved in creating a modern, functioning website. Could you recommend a first step for me? Is freelancing in .net worth it? Favorite freelancing site?
>>
I have problems with my mouse, just finished a new build and did a clean install of windows. Windows thinks my g400s is a standard ps2 mouse and i cant uninstall the ps2 shit cause it keeps reinstalling after every boot. Now the mouse has a mind of its own and continuesly moves around and right clicks. G400s works fine on other pc so its definitely my pc. Google gives me fuck all and Logitech as nothing on their site
>>
File: am7mBLi[1].png (351KB, 1086x920px) Image search: [Google]
am7mBLi[1].png
351KB, 1086x920px
is it a good idea to you Hotspot VPN?

Particularly alongside TOR
>>
Is it possible to restrict an autohotkey script to a program with a specific exe name? I want the ctrl-Z on my tablet to only work in Photoshop, but Photoshop's window name always becomes whatever document is open and its status (e.g. "document.psd @ 50% Layer 2"). If I could restrict the script to any program whose exe is "Photoshop.exe" though it would work.
>>
Bought a used Thinkpad T440 that won't charge unless the laptop is off. Found online that it might be a BIOS issue but I can't find instructions on how to fix this no matter how much I google. It's not a port or charger issue, can anybody help?
>>
>>57456648
use winget to get the process name and then an if statement to match it
>>
I have an LG Tribute 5 that I bought over the summer as a quick replacement after my previous phone broke. Unfortunately, I can't work again until summer. Is there any way to upgrade this thing to Marshmallow or Nougat?
>>
File: 1294739419981.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1294739419981.png
6KB, 400x400px
I'm running three monitors on my 980ti, 2 older 60Hz models and one 165Hz. Games are working fine, but when i try to watch some movie, i'm getting video tearing and shit (sound's fine). Switching the 165Hz one to 60Hz seems to fix the issue for movies, my question is if fucking around with refresh rate too often can't cause damage to the display eventually?
>>
File: tumblr_of9qykEOup1qm2uhao1_540.gif (2MB, 540x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of9qykEOup1qm2uhao1_540.gif
2MB, 540x290px
Creating a store in PHP. How do I transfer data from my database and display it in a different php file? I have a seperate .php file for the thumbnail and it includes the name, description and image. Can I also store images in a database? Thanks.
>>
>>57456726
switching between refresh rates shouldn't hurt anything
>>
>>57456690
thx senpai
>>
>>57456733
My brain is fried, sorry. I can reference the name row, but I reference the entire row. How do I selectively choose certain rows? I know the ID, etc.
>>
>>57456733
Dunno much about php but the shitty way is to save the image as an html base64 string, this is a very very long string. The more legit way is to have a cloud storage and save the location of that file like a url
>>
Why is heat considered bad to chips and computers in general, but when people (de)solder ICs and other components from to and from motherboards, these are fine? A soldering iron can get up to temperatures far greater than regular system heat.
>>
>>57456795
If its not prolonged in heat its safe
Another reason is not specific to the IC itself. Too much heat equivalently weakens the solder lead that the IC is attached on
>>
>>57456795
You said is yourself: Heat is used to desolder things. Excessive heat can cause components to desolder themselves over time.

Also pic related: Some components cannot handle high temperatures for long periods of time.
>>
>>57455095
Help setting up SDL and Code Blocks please?

When it tries to build the file it has a shitload of undefined references
>>
PNY's Acronis drive clone for SSD utility sucks shit and doesn't fucking work.

Can I just dd some partitions over in a Linux environment? Or does it have to be a full bit by bit copy of the drive? (I want to exclude a larger data partition and just copy the OS one)

Which of the 5 or whatever other unlabeled Windows partitions are necessary?
>>
>>57456820
>>57456864
Thanks.
>>
>>57456868
Fuck me I'm using SFML, sorry.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (51KB, 512x381px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
51KB, 512x381px
is this a good rig? i bought it for very cheap. gpu is r9 280x
>>
>>57456987
cheap isnt a number
>>
>>57456991
like 450$ for whole rig
>>
>>57456987
Meh
>>
>>57456994
Eh its okay for 450, 400 or less would have been cheap
>>
I just got a new PC using a Gigabyte MX170 Gaming 5 mother board. I am trying to install windows 7 using a bootable usb key but I am getting an error about not being able to find DVD/USB drivers when I click install.

Apparently I need to install SATA/raid drivers but the problem is none of my USB keys are recognized in the file manager to select the drivers. They are recognized in the bios to boot but once I have booted nothing works including the USB 2.0 ports.

The gigabyte support site has a tool called Windows Image tool that is supposed to do something with it but I just get a "Cannot find boot.wmi" error.

I am trying to create my own bootable ISO on them now but I doubt it will fucking matter because once booted it won't be recognized.

Is using a live USB to download to the HD the solution? if so what do you recommend as something light weight with a web browser and easy to use file manager so I can download the folders/files to my HDD where they are recognized?
>>
>>57455095
how do I run a python script everytime I open the code

helloworld.py

it opens in in geany I am using Ububtu btw
>>
>>57457183
The issue is that the windows 7 installer does not have support for USB on skylake chipsets, you need to patch the installer or install it some other way like from a DVD drive.
>>
I've got a galaxy S5 that has been doing some weird shit with the screen. Takes multiple tries to unlock sometimes and get weird bars that show up when it won't turn on or I turn off the screen. It also flashes green if I set it to low light.

I want to say the screen is going bad but the AMOLED is less than a year old (replaced it after I dropped and broke it). The issue with turning back on seems to happen less when my battery is lower. Could a bad battery possibly cause this? Would prefer to just replace the battery before a screen again since it does not hold a charge for shit anymore.
>>
>>57457198
How would I patch the installer?
I'm using a pirated version. It's in ISO format but the tool gigabyte provides just gives me that boot.wmi error.
>>
File: w10.png (12KB, 873x149px) Image search: [Google]
w10.png
12KB, 873x149px
Windows 10 just installed an update the other day. Now my mouse keeps flashing the loading cursor on and off, and it keeps unfocusing out of my window or right click bar. Also My computer just turns off every few hours for some reason. Ran virus checks and wasn't that. Do I just uninstall the updates? Is there an order to doing so?
>>
>>57457230
Was it after the 11/2 update it started happening? I would just uninstall that one if thats the case. I would check if there is any updated drivers for your mouse/mouse software.
>>
>>57457247
>windows 10
>uninstall updates
>>
>>57457251
Seriously thats not an option? I never upgraded to windows 10.
>>
>>57457247
Yes, it was all after those updates when it started happening. It was one of those longer updates that occurs when you restart/power down your computer. Actually iirc it forced me out and did it itself, probably an auto-update feature I neglected to disable.
>>57457251
>>57457254
It's giving me the option, but I don't want to remove the wrong one or do it in the wrong order. Couldn't find any trouble like mine in the last few days on Google, thought it might be not happening to others (thinking on it now, that never really happens though, so I probably just didn't check well enough)
>>
>>57457266
Check system restore points, windows updates should have created one before they installed. If you use the restore point before the update it should remove all of the updates.
>>
>>57455095
I'm look to upgrade from my 4:3 LCD monitor. I really wanted a projector, because my living room walls are cream/basically white.

My price range is around £100-£200 ($120-$240), and I'd use it for watching videos and playing games. I'd have the old monitor as a second display and for work. What's a good cheapish monitor with reasonably low input lag? I found the Optoma PT105, but that apparently only runs at 480p and it's blurry and low quality.

>>57456987
It's alright.
>no optical disk drives
>>
>>57457297
the only backup point available is from last night, still a while after the update in question. Im gonna give it a shot though, nothing to lose
>>
>>57455095
Is it possible to make Adobe Digital Editions work under Wine?
I'm trying ADE 1.7.2.1131
on Wine 1.9.22
on Xubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (64 bit)

The program is installed and it runs.
It is authorized for my email account.
But when I try to open an .acsm file, I always get an error:

<book name>:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:
<link>

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

Any suggestions?
>>
>>57457343
I'm not very familiar with WINE but it sounds like there is no network connectivity. I would check network configuration first.
>>
>>57457343
The software used my Internet connection to authorize the computer, so this is not the problem.
>>
Do people have an app for downloading album artwork for songs that don't come with them when you 'acquire' them?

Preferably for androids.
>>
Is win10 piratable or is it prone to getting deactivated? I am sick off fucking around with gigabytes USB patcher always failing to patch usb drivers onto my windows ISO.
>>
>>57457596
Install Windows 7, activate it with your favorite procedure (it could be Daz Windows Loader).
Then use this link to upgrade to Windows 10.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
It will be original as far as it concerns Microsoft. It will store on MS servers a fingerprint of your computer, registering that W10 is "enabled" for it. Then you can wipeout everything and do a clean install. When you go online, W10 will activate itself automatically.
>>
File: fzr1bGY (1).jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fzr1bGY (1).jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
I need a buyer's guide for watercooling. I have no idea what good brands are, and the longer I research it further down the rabbit hole I go.
When I started I didn't want to do my GPU, now I want to do my GPU and RAM.
Not to mention you need to draw up a loop plan using schematics of the motherboard you plan to buy. Where the fuck do I even get that?

Could someone please give me a list of parts i'll need for a loop and what brands are good and why?
>>
>>57457616
If I could install windows 7 I wouldn't want windows 10. Skylake fucking USB garbage combined with Gigabytes patcher not working means I am fucked.

Can't get teh fucking USB drivers onto the fucking hard drive without a optical drive in 2016.
>>
Anyone know what are some good resources for learning how to create UML diagrams or read from scenarios to create one?

This shit is a pain and the current resources given to me do not help at all
>>
>>57457627
Buy a $5 USB card.
>>
>>57457635
I have a fucking USB key it isn't recongized past the bios and windows wants DVD/USB drivers, which to load you need to either:

1) use a shitty patcher on to make a bootable USB from an ISO that "fails to add drivers" using the motherboard manfuacturers tool

2) an optical drive, no one owns this shit anymore.

Even if I created a live CD to download the drivers to the HDD (Where windows can see them) it won't work because the onboard ethernet is a Killer NIC 2200 POS that needs drivers too (aka needing an optical drive).
>>
If my computer fails to power on after spontaneously powering off and I know my PSU isn't dead, the motherboard is the problem, right?
>>
File: lost_the_instructions.gif (32KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
lost_the_instructions.gif
32KB, 355x200px
How come internet speed test says my computer has a download speed much lower than my laptop?
>>
File: IMG-20161104-WA0000.jpg (11KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161104-WA0000.jpg
11KB, 241x207px
Looking for an affordable notebook with long battery life. Any suggestions?
>>
MSI or ASUS gpu for gayming?
>>
>>57457824
Shit drivers, shit ethernet card, shit motherboard, shitty OS, shitty shit malware?
>>
What's with the porn spam?
>>
>>57457765
Yes
>>
>>57457881
same diff
>>
>>57457881
For overclocking = asus, bc they bin there good chips for there high end cards, otherwise go for the cheapest.
>>
Im about to buy an ssd for my laptop and Ill put my current HDD in the existing dvd-rom slot (already bought the craddle). I want the hdd to be storage obviously, but now started thinking about dual booting. What's the most elegant way for windows and linux to share the HDD as a storage for music and movies mostly? I'm assuming windows can't use ext4 as a "library" directory, right?
>>
>>57457948
Partition your SSD into 2 or more states.

60 GB for Windows/60 GB for GNU/Linux.

Make few new folders in HDD. DATA/GAMES/MEDIA folders.

Configure both windows/GNU+Linux to use HDD for data/media/games and use the SSD partitions for respective software. Should you need to reinstall, your data/media/games will be safe.

SSD -> OS1, OS2
HDD -> DATA

If your SSD has big enough leftover space (use that for mission critical softwares/games)
>>
>>57455095
are 32 gb ssd's worth trying to sell?
>>
>>57458226
maybe for a quick buck on craigslist, but I wouldn't spend much time on it
>>
Does anybody know if the Lenovo Flex 4 supports Ubuntu? My google search isnt bearing any fruit.
>>
How much does it effect the GPU that I have more then 1 monitor

I use 2 now for my 7850 but I got a shitty 3rd and I'm thinking plugging it in. I'm just not sure this 7850 was overused as fuck by now and not sure if it can handle it
>>
Was really hoping I wouldn't have to make this post but lately I've been having issues with my PC and wifi, occasionally and increasingly often I'll just lose connection to the router when this happens and I go to search for available networks sometimes nothing with show up at all even though there are several wifi networks in my area. I can generally get the wifi to reappear by restarting the PC but than the same issue occurs I'll have internet access for a few minutes but than it cuts again.
>>
>>57458321
2d desktop rendering has a pretty minimal impact
>>
File: w10signin.png (797KB, 1202x1864px) Image search: [Google]
w10signin.png
797KB, 1202x1864px
If I sign into Windows 10 applications like Xbox or Windows store,
does it sign-in to the individual application (like Steam),
or will it be some sort of global sign-in (associating a windows account with my local account)?

Nephew got Forza Horizon 3 on Xbone and wants give it a shot on PC.
I use a local offline account and only interested in trying if his account signs in on a per app basis.
>>
>>57458328
Adding to this wall of text, I don't think it's a network traffic issue, I try and split my devices pretty evenly between the 5 and 2 GHz network and download speeds and such are consistent across my devices. I've also tried rolling back the network adapter driver and reinstalling the most current one through device manager
>>
>>57458328

restart the router, if that fixes it then it's a shit router

if not do the standard troubleshooting fanfare of changing the channel to a less used one, testing the wifi closer to the router etc

>>57458321

it can have a performance impact if you have a particularly dire card or use multiple displays but in general it's nothing worth worrying about

>>57458309

https://askubuntu.com/questions/424136/ubuntu-support-on-lenovo-flex-14

first google result, did you even try?

>The touchsreen works well, but not in the same way as in windows.
>In India, you get a version of this with AMD A6 processor, 4GB RAM and 500 GB disk. I couldn't get Ubuntu 14.04.1 to work satisfactorily on this [note:configuration issue because:...] Switched to Mint XFCE edition and I had to do some tweaks to get Wifi to work, display drivers etc
>I got the version with AMD A8 processor working with the kernel parameter acpi_osi="Linux". Now everything works, acpi, quad core cpu in virtualbox, correct power down.

>>57458226

only if you're desperate for the money, probably like $10-25 each depending on how desperate your buyer is
>>
>>57458364
Na senpai not the router can confirm I've rebooted it a couple of times, also I'm fairly sure it's just the PC my phone and other devices stay connected and using data just fine
>>
>>57458377
Adding to this my PC and roommates Xbox are the only local devices on the 5g network and the 5g channel in our area is also really empty
>>
Anyone knows how to open and browse video playlists on Smart TV Youtube?

When I search for something it finds playlists but when I open it it just plays them in order
>>
>>57458377
>>57458388

probably just a faulty or not quite compatible wifi card/usb, if you can try another one and it works without issues you can likely just buy a new one to fix the issue

if not try checking that you haven't accidentally enabled some not that well supported feature

otherwise, 5ghz may be uncrowded but it's pretty poor at penetrating walls

also, checked
>>
>>57458481
I think I have a USB wifi dongle I'll look around although I'm really hoping it's just a Windows update that fucked up the driver because it worked fine a few weeks ago
>>
File: PageShot20161013_iek_Tech_Fit.png (462KB, 1156x561px) Image search: [Google]
PageShot20161013_iek_Tech_Fit.png
462KB, 1156x561px
I installed Windows 7 64-bit on a computer with 3GB of RAM.
Everything was working fine, except for Windows Update, which I tried everything to fix until I learned the problem is caused by not having enough RAM.
Should 5 GB of RAM be enough?
>>
File: Pranks.png (1MB, 710x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Pranks.png
1MB, 710x1068px
Gentlemen,

I am running an ASUS Z77 Motherboard with a 3770k CPU. I was using onboard graphics until I ordered an MSI GTX 1060. I installed the GPU and went ahead and installed the drivers. After the installation finished and I rebooted, Windows 7 could not start.

On boot it would go to startup repair and the error I received stated that there was a problem with a Graphics Driver. I ran some troubleshooting and tried several scenarios. I restored Windows 7 from image and tried to install the GPU again but the same thing happened. I tried reloading Windows 7 from DVD and then installing the GPU drivers, I tried the drivers on the media that came with the GPU, and I tried downloading the driver again - nothing worked. No matter what I tried, Windows 7 fails to start once I install the GPU Drivers.

Have any of you guys had this issue in the past or heard of this issue happening? Should I try to RMA the card? Any advice I receive will be sincerely appreciated! Thank you!
>>
File: 1477331999445s.jpg (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1477331999445s.jpg
3KB, 124x124px
Can you do SLI with completely different cards?
>>
>>57458747
So it boots when using the card without the drivers?

>>57458764
No
>>
>>57458747
>4chan was solely responsible for Donald Trump's election
This is -stupidest- fucking idea and the fact majority of /pol/ believes it is proof that that majority is retarded.
The pic is kinda funny and I'm sorry for going off-topic, but I just wanted to get that out there
>>
I have my OS on an SSD but lately instead of 10 seconds my computers takes like 3 minutes to boot up.
The only thing I can point towards is that lately I started using an 8 year old, 320GB hard drive for torrenting purposes. Have had it plugged in for a year beforehand though with no problems.
Could it be that or is something else wrong?
The HDD doesn't hold any parts of my OS and it shouldn't be THAT slow, so I'm just wondering.
>>
File: anime_akari_dance.gif (2MB, 430x530px) Image search: [Google]
anime_akari_dance.gif
2MB, 430x530px
What do Bad Goys use for ripping vapourwave and eurobeat off of youtube on Loonix?
>>
I just got a new laptop that lets me connect to the 5G connection on my Wifi which turns out is literally twice as fast as non-5G, but I can't connect to the 5G network on my 4-5 something year old desktop. Do I need to buy one of these to replace the one I have in my desktop?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-450Mbps-Wireless-Express-TL-WDN4800/dp/B007GMPZ0A
>>
>>57458895

youtube-dl is de facto tool for ripping anything off of a plethora of websites
>>
>>57458865
Where's it slow at? BIOS bootscreen or Windows bootscreen?

It could be something during POST accessing your HDD and taking a long time.
>>
>>57458907
If you want to connect with 5ghz, sure you'll need a 5ghz adapter
>>
This is one super retarded question.

>was trying to open rpg maker, kept crashing
>recommended to uninstall gpu driver and reinstall
>cant even install gpu driver
>system restore to a safe point with gpu

Where do I even find the correct and latest driver for my GPU? And when doing this I only need to uninstall the driver from the managment thing?

>GPU: Asus GTX 1060 turbo
>>
>>57458936
The windows boot.
The logo splashscreen comes up and then sorta just pulsates for a minute or two, then a minute of black screen before it actually turns on.
>>
My intranet is down. IIS is running, SQL is running, I can RDP into it but I can't access the database or the index.php
>>
>>57455450
You should try "SNote" (apk by Samsung)
Or "Keep" (by Google)
I prefer Keep bit both are pretty good.
>>
>>57458944
To actually see if it is the HDD, perhaps disconnect and try booting it.

Otherwise look at your startup programs and disable what you can and test rebooting.

Setting power management to high performance might do something regarding the HDD.
>>
>>57458226
Nope
>>
>>57457866
Same here
>>
File: rufussss.png (29KB, 765x523px) Image search: [Google]
rufussss.png
29KB, 765x523px
Ok so, I've been trying to boot a win10 usb stick so that i can format and clean install my laptop, with no success.

Pic related is my rufus configuration (there's 2 because i've tried in 2 way, following advices on google)

There's a lot of stuff on the bios that can be changed (uefi, legacy, secure boot mode, crap like that) and i made endless attempts changing this crap to see if i managed.
I didn't.

Laptop is asus.

I can give more info if you ask me.
>>
So I know I need a Mac to compile for iOS, can I just buy any cheap core 2 duo macbook and compile on it?
>>
File: cmd_2016-11-10_14-43-44.png (7KB, 482x101px) Image search: [Google]
cmd_2016-11-10_14-43-44.png
7KB, 482x101px
audio conversion!

can only download youtube songs in these formats none of which are recognised my mp3 player. What program should I use for converting from .webm to something useable, or from .m4a?

also congrats on Trump win
>>
File: durr.png (297KB, 508x376px) Image search: [Google]
durr.png
297KB, 508x376px
what's the best method to apply thermal paste onto a CPU?
>>
I've got a computer that's not booting. The power definitely works, the fan spins up and the DVD drive opens and everything, but no picture.

It's got to be the CPU, right? What are the odds that a motherboard problem would cause it to fail to boot but still supply power to all its peripherals?
>>
>>57459222
I don't know about "best" method, but I always just put some in the middle and let the pressing of the heat sink spread it out.
>>
>>57459232
do you put a line in the middle or do you draw a nazi symbol
>>
>>57459238
I put a [spoiler]dot[/spoiler] in the middle.
>>
>>57459222
Pea in the middle, but it doesn't really matter unless you use too little or way too much.

>>57459183
that, a mac mini, or possibly a hackintosh if you have compatible hardware
>>
>>57459224
Try re-seating the memory (take the RAM sticks out and put them back in).

Sometimes static on the motherboard builds up and this is how you clear it.
>>
>>57459222
Just apply a little in the middle and you're good.
>>
>>57459192
so you have AAC in m4a, and OGG and OPUS in webm.

you have to demux one of those into the contained format.

google demux webm audio, or demux m4a aac or similar and you're on the right path
>>
>>57459222
Just so we're clear as to why a little pea in the middle to spread the very thin layer: The thermal paste is just to close the air gaps between the metal. The metal itself is what conducts the heat transfer.
>>
>>57459245
Tried that, tried resetting the CMOS, tried unplugging literally everything but the power and VGA cable, still no picture, not even when I use a graphics card instead of the motherboard VGA port.
>>
>>57459243
I've found some 2007-2008 macbooks for a little over 100€ so I guess I won't search much more, thanks anon!
>>
>>57459252
thanks famalam
>>
>>57459270
Well, if the CPU died, you'd get nothing and it would power off. Try unplugging all of your peripherals then and only try 1 ram stick at a time.
>>
Anybody got a link to that one PC website? It was like logicalincrements in the fact that you could build your own PC, the only difference is, on this website you select all the parts you want, and then they build it for you and send it to you.

I had it bookmarked a while ago from someone linking it on /g/ but I can't find it now.
>>
>>57459296
All it HAS is 1 RAM stick, it's a fucking shitty computer. It's a tower, but it's using a laptop-style direct-to-motherboard power supply with a brick in the cord.

All the peripherals are unplugged as well, everything but the CPU fan, power, VGA cable, and power button.

Is a half-functioning CPU or a half-functioning motherboard more likely? I don't have a spare of either to find out which one it is for sure.
>>
Ok i'm maybe overthinking this, but i need to be sure.

I'm upgrading my kit, (cpu, motherboard, ram & drives). If i go from a microATX to a ATX, does the standoffs comes with the new mobo ?
Can i mix ram size ? Like a 8go stick and a 4go stick, same specs.

>>57459305
Pc partpicker ?
>>
>>57459312
It's a bad motherboard then. 99% positive.

Been a tech for 22 years and I've seen exactly 2 CPU failures: Both caused by overheating.
>>
>>57459312
OR try another monitor. Try another vga cable. Try another power supply. That's all I got for ya bud.

Good luck.
>>
>>57459340
Well the power supply is that special snowflake cord-brick bullshit, but I'll try another monitor.
Thanks.
>>
Is there somethign that uses minifirewire that I can use on my thinkpad?
>>
>>57459324
No.
>>
>>57458948
It was the LAN driver. BSOD overnight. What a PIECE OF SHIT. I need to order a new server.
>>
>>57459324
Also, there is a 20€ difference between i5 6500 and i5 6600, is the difference really worth it ? I've been on a Q9300 for almost a decade now

>>57459367
If you're french materiel[]net and ldlc have those
>>
>>57459392
It was an American site. No clue why it isn't in my bookmarks anymore.
>>
>>57459324
You can mix the ram, but be sure to put the larger stick in the first slot for better performance.

I think you stopped needing to match RAM size back in the DDR2 days.
>>
>>57459286
Just make sure they're compatible with the dev tools you're planning on using, el capitan isnt supported by some macs before 2009
>>
Is it okay to put scotch tape on a Motherboard or integrated chips that don't need a heatsink? I'm trying to downgrade my PS3 and I need to apply pressure to a clip on a Nor chip to get a proper bin dump. I don't have electrical tape or a clamp so I was planning on using coins rested on top of a small piece of cardboard secured with scotch tape.
>>
Should I get the s7 edge now or wait until the s8 comes out? I read it wasn't going to have a headphone jack so they kind of deters me a little.
>>
>>57459461
It will have a headphone jack. S8 will likely just have one model though, so the edge will only somewhat be there, like the Note 7.
>>
>>57455095
After picking up a little 2 in 1 out hdmi box to save putting another cord through the wall my display blanks out occasionally for a sec. Often when the freezer switches on.

It only happens when the pc is under load so is it my pc?
>>
>>57457206
No idea. But you should use the official iso from Microsoft, use the volume key, and activate with daz loader instead of a pre cracked one full of malware
>>
>>57459515
There's probably a brief voltage sag/swell when the compressor on your freezer starts up, its just exacerbated by the existing load of your computer running. A power conditioner or UPS would probably solve the issue.
>>
HTML5 vs native android for geolocation API?
Which one is better?
>>
I want to use LaTex to make documents but I'm not sure where to start.

It's for my dissertation and my supervisor said I'll be glad I used it over MSWord and other alternatives.
>>
Do 3DS emulators really exist?
>>
>>57459451
That's awfully ghetto-sounding.

Why not just buy a cheap hot glue gun and use that?
>>
File: msi_thermal_paste.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
msi_thermal_paste.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>57459222
Not webm related I can tell you that much
>>
I'm having an issue with youtube-dl on windows
for no apparent reason in the middle of a download, typically a batch download, it just removes itself from the filesystem
>>
File: 3.0 to mSata.jpg (56KB, 688x688px) Image search: [Google]
3.0 to mSata.jpg
56KB, 688x688px
Guys, I don't want to have my laptop open everytime I want to play some shitty game on it, so will a USB 3.0 to mSata work with a eGPU?
>>
>>57459222
Just squeeze out a glob in the center that looks like just enough to get a very thin layer across the entire surface then moosh your cooler down onto it as flatly as possible. People say "between a grain of rice and a pea" for size but really just eyeball it depending on the size of your CPU (a bigger Haswell/Broadwell-E chip would need a bit more than a smaller Skylake one for example).
>>
File: 1474419383197.jpg (154KB, 446x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474419383197.jpg
154KB, 446x600px
>>57460005
hold up
>USB3
>to mSATA
>which isn't electrically compatible with any form of PCIE
>>
I updated to Windows 10 when the free offer came out, but after it expired I had to go back to 8.1
As I activated that Windows 10 license, can I install Windows 10 again for free?
>>
>>57460005
Nothing you said makes any sense
>>
how to convert multiple files or an entire folder of files to .ogg on windows?

only ever used ffmpeg with single files.

-bitrate must stay the same, don't want any quality loss i'm autistic over that
>>
>>57458767
Yes, it boots and everything, it just craps out on me when I install Nvidia drivers.
>>
Is there anything better than 4chin?
>>
>>57460351
bumping for this!

>>57460396
reddit
>>
File: 1478035410924.jpg (96KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
1478035410924.jpg
96KB, 1080x810px
>>57460351
bumping for this again
>>
File: 1353020782446.jpg (20KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1353020782446.jpg
20KB, 400x319px
Where should I get my torrents now that kat and tpb are toast?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-10-17-13-09.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-10-17-13-09.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Right so I am trying to install elementary OS on a spare hdd but whenever it starts to load the actually GUI is crashes and restarts my pc. Is there any way I can stop this? If it helps I am running on an AMD fx-4350 and an r9 390 with 8gb ram
>>
>>57460351
>>57460414
>>57460448
>bumping after 5.5 minutes and then 3 minutes after that
fuck off if you can't be arsed to fucking google it.
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5784661/how-do-you-convert-an-entire-directory-with-ffmpeg
>>
How can I get a Bitcoin Public key for multisig? My current BTC wallet is BitPay.
>>
File: notepad_2016-11-10_17-21-04.png (3KB, 683x30px) Image search: [Google]
notepad_2016-11-10_17-21-04.png
3KB, 683x30px
>>57460351
bump

>>57460477
why doesn't this work?
>>
what is the difference between ddr2 , ddr3 and ddr4 ram?
would i get any performance increase if i change 12gb ddr3 to 12gb ddr4 ram?
also are the slots for ddr4 ram different from ddr3, kinda like ddr2 to ddr3? do i need to change my motherboard if i want to switch from ddr3 to ddr4
>>
Searx or Startpage?

I use startpage now but it's always annoyed me how slow it is and it's lack of search features(like currency conversion).
>>
>>57460556
google.com
>>
File: 1478463279333.jpg (863KB, 1978x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1478463279333.jpg
863KB, 1978x3000px
>>57460538
>>57460351
bump

come on lads help me out with this one
>>
how do i find the adapter in speccy
>>
File: 1477855058237.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1477855058237.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>57460351
>>57460538
fuck...

bump
>>
>>57460627
just shut the fuck up , you autistic cunt
>>57455095
>You are NOT entitled to an answer.
>>
File: Screenshot (32).png (28KB, 654x228px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (32).png
28KB, 654x228px
i ordered something from german amazon and i'm in switzerland
at checkout i see this
has anyone here had a similar experience before? which estimate should i trust more?

>>57460662
>>57460627
>>57460538
>>57460448
>>57460414
>bumping 5 times in 35 minutes
have you considered killing yourself, friendo?
>>
what do I use to copy-paste shit from command prompt?
>>
File: 1475037357334.jpg (542KB, 2432x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1475037357334.jpg
542KB, 2432x1638px
>>57460711
> >bumping 5 times
it's worked before and it'll work again

>>57460538
>>57460351
bump please help
>>
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b *.webm') DO ffmpeg -i "%%G" -acodec ogg "%%~nG.ogg"

why doesn't this work for converting multiple files to .ogg?
>>
>>57460714
clip manager or middle click
>>
File: 1477260498725.jpg (109KB, 1200x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1477260498725.jpg
109KB, 1200x1198px
>>57460414
Reddit is only good in certain cases like 4chin.
There you have to go with the flow on the mainstream subs or you get downvoted in oblivion.
But subs with less users are usually better and actual discussion is possible.

Here on 4chins no-autism discussions are rare and soon you get memes or called [insert favorite slur], depends on board of course. /diy/ is cool from what I gathered but I don't really go there because I don't do anything /diy/ related. Now that I think I could contribute to /dpt/s more but I don't program yet.
>>
>>57460646
nvm i found it out myself lads
>>
>>57460730
>t's worked before and it'll work again
No it hasn't.
People don't just randomly see these threads and decide to reply, they usually have a question themselves, ask about it, then hang around and try to answer other people's questions, hence, bumping is useless. If you posted hours ago and got no replies, you can ask again, people who are monitoring the thread now probably aren't the same as those who were here hours ago, but bumping every five minutes is fucking retarded.
You didn't get replies because you bumped, you got replies so you would shut your dumb mouth.

Fuck off, I'm not answering you, and neither should anyone else, because you can't seem to grasp the very basics of "how not to be a fucking cunt".
>>
File: 1477267607131.jpg (664KB, 1280x1633px) Image search: [Google]
1477267607131.jpg
664KB, 1280x1633px
tfw bullied on 4chan

>>57460351
>>57460538
seriously lads can't find any info on this, I get like 15 error messages whenever I try it out in a batch file or just in command prompt normally
>>
>>57460807
lauren is mai waifu
>>
File: 1477332836142.jpg (513KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477332836142.jpg
513KB, 1067x1600px
>>57460351
>>57460538

>>57460833
>>
>>57459153
run cmd.exe as admin
>diskpart
>list disk
>select disk [whatever # is your usb]
>clean
>create partition primary
>select partition 1
>active
>format fs=ntfs quick label="opisafaggot"
>assign
>exit
>exit
from there, extract the win10 iso directly to your flash drive.
>>
>>57460864
Still needs to do boot.exe /nt60 USB /force
>>
>>57460901
the steps listed make the usb bootable, extracting the iso directly to it should handle the bootmgr. have never had to do boot.exe when I make mine.
>>
I've been having a problem with accessing this site.
I can access it fine on my phone, but when I try to on Firefox on my pc, it says "can't connect to server" even though it can connect to every other website. Any idea what's wrong?
>>
>>57460974
try another browser. if it works, your firefox config is fucked.
if it doesn't, check your cable/wifi/router, but it's probably the dns that's fucked. (assuming windows), cmd.exe, ipconfig /flushdns, then retry and see what happens. also check that you're using valid dns servers.
>>
Is Windows 7 SP2 out?
IIRC Microsoft was going to release a ISO with all updates out.

>inb4 botnet
Its for normalfag use.
>>
Using Firefox 43 to 49 I can't save settings on 4chan. There is just no export or save button. This happen with anyone else?
>>
>>57460964
Your computer might be booting EFI

Setting the boot flag doesnt change the mbr
>>
>>57461010
Also I meant bootsect.exe, not boot.exe
>>
>>57461003
It's actually Debian that I'm running. I'm just gonna try Chromium. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna try a reboot. If that doesn't work, I'll figure something out.
>>
>>57460974
>>57461003
>>57461024
A simple reboot was all it took. Ages old IT trick.
>>
I was on my gf's macbook and saw that she could answer text messages straight through her mac, is there anything like this for android phones?
I must be living under a rock because that was actually really useful but I had never heard of it being a thing
>>
File: 1478119015278.jpg (370KB, 1638x2047px) Image search: [Google]
1478119015278.jpg
370KB, 1638x2047px
>>57460351
>>57460538
BUMP

come on boys
>>
>>57461060
Was it iMessage? That is an Apple to Apple messenger.
>>
>>57461111
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was. It's safe to assume that's the barrier for android/pc?
>>
I've read that RAM is automatically used by games when VRAM is lacking, with adverse effects, but can the opposite happen?
Say a certain task takes up 6gb ram and 4gb vram on a sane computer, and is then given to a 4gb ram, 6/8 gb vram rig.
>>
Is it funny when someone with a family and desk job dies in a motorcycle accident?
>>
How do I activate windows 10? Kmspico doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>57461140
Linux can be configured to use video RAM as very fast swap.
>>
Hey I have a pool house on my property that is about 150 feet from my main router. I need to get wifi into the pool house and I'm unable to do it with hard wiring so I have to span a wifi connection. What's my best bet for this? if I can get a moderate connection near the pool house then I can add an extender there and be fine. What's an affordable router for the best range?
>>
How does this program know its running in a virtual machine and how do I trick it into working?
>>
>>57461118
I assume There are some SMS apps that can sync to your PC. I can't recommend any since I don't use any. iMessage is pretty widespread since it is integrated into all apple stuff by default. If you had sent an SMS to your gf from she wouldn't be able to read it on her Mac.
>>
Is Android developing hard?

Is it harder than any other language?
>>
>>57461301
Yes she can, ever since the recent update they pushed a few months ago, regular texts are routed through a pc too
>>
>>57461320
define hard
>>
>Format my PC
>Drivers don't work properly

What am I doing wrong?

>Formatted to Win7, 64bits
>Mobo is Z170-A Pro

No audio, no internet, no sht.
>>
>>57461387

I really don't know how to define it, I mean if there are concepts that require more attention like in other languages.
>>
What are my options to get data off of a laptop that has decided to not let any USB work anymore? I knew it was dying for a few months ago but stupidly never backed up all the data I should have. I can log in and use the laptop fine, its just the USB ports are kaput (won't recognise any device and wants to format any HDD's I plug in) so can't back up to a hard drive.

I'd rather not upload everything to a cloud service due to speed/file size but I could FTP everything on my local network?
>>
File: subaru.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
subaru.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
How do i make a design class out of a analysis class diagram?
>>
>>57461615
if windows, don't need to ftp anything.
have you ever set up a shared folder?
>>
how the fuck do i chose a distro
I hated manjaro and ubuntu
>>
>>57461642
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
>>
>>57455228
Don't reboot
>>
Can I just plug my SSD, with windows 10 on it, to a newly build pc and it works? Or do I actually have to buy windows 10 now?
>>
>>57461762
It's often necessary to do a new install for Windows to work, and most licenses are tied to the original motherboard. GNU/Linux with a generic kernel will just werk with any PC.
>>
Are there any text editors that let me wrap tall, thin text files into several columns?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndnd3iyNCk1rliztq.png (80KB, 272x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndnd3iyNCk1rliztq.png
80KB, 272x199px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11620244
>>
What's a good, cheap mouse?
>>
>>57461642
If you're looking for a tool, install a different interface on Ubuntu. If it's good enough for Google engineers, it's good enough for you. Debian Sid is good if you want fresher packages, but it needs just a little more configuration. .rpm distros are good, too, and it's good to at least have one in a VM if you want to be a computer janitor. I prefer .deb bistros just because they have larger official repositories.

If you're looking for a toy that makes you feel productive/accomplished for not really doing anything, because you can't make yourself put in the effort to learn a skill, Arch is one of the best for that. You don't need to know what you're doing or why you're doing it. Just copy and paste commands from the wiki to feel like a big boy.
>>
>>57456783
https://jii.moe/4J8ziBqxf.html
its not unusably slow
>>
>>57460556
anything for this?
>>
>>57455095

Best calculator app for android?
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202225
Is the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 4GB a quiet card?
>>
>>57462012
Those wired ones by Microsoft.
>>
>>57455303
>64 bit
what?
64 bit or not should hardly affect memory consumption, pointers are just longer
>>
are 2x molex to 8 pin adapters safe?

I have one 8 pin on my 600W PSU
>>
>>57462012
Logitech MX Performance
inb4 not cheap
it's cheap given how long it will last
>>
>>57455095
What is the best free VPN?

Thanks.
>>
>>57461642
try gentoo
>>
Hi there! I'm using xUbuntu, the shittiest OS in existence and am using the Thinkpad T430.
Today I ran into an error (again). This time googling didn't help so I want to ask you all this:
HOW THE FUCK CAN I USE MY FUCKING VOLUME KEYS ON MY KEYBOARD AGAIN??
When pressing them buttons nothing happens. Not able to mute, rise or lower the volume via keybord. HELP PLEASE!?
>>
>>57462339
XFCE should have functions implemented to increase/decrease volume in pulseaudio, look at your keyboard shortcuts settings and try to bind the keys, the keys should be called something along the lines of XF86VolumeUp
>>
File: 380.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
380.gif
3MB, 500x500px
So /spg/ didn't help, so imma ask here need some smartphone advice

So, like the klutz I am, my 2014 moto x fell out of my hoodie pocket and cracked on concrete with some fairly sizable rocks while on campus. Since a replacement screen cost almost as much as a new 2014 moto x, should I just get another, or, since it's kinda dated, is there a phone comparable in size and in-hand feel/software feel to the moto x?

purchasing specs:
>Country
USA
>Carrier
AT&T
(prefer unlocked phone)
>Features
Clean software, decent battery (at least 3hr), good/decent camera, good warranty (oneplus and other chink companies have left friends out in the cold if something internally fails)
>Budget
<$200 (poorfag college lyfe)
>Size
≤5.3"
will only go 5.5" or above if w/ stylus (like a note)

I don't mind buying a phone that's older if the software on it's good or if it's easy enough to put a custom rom on. I'm currently using a note 2 with cyanogenmod as a replacement, but still just isn't as nice as my moto x. 2014 Moto x was just comfy.
>>
>>57461762
install gentoo
>>
I have an older computer (Core i5 750 based) with a Radeon HD5770 and I'd like to upgrade the GPU to something a bit better for around $150 for 1080p60 gaming. Is there anything good in this price range?
>>
>>57462385
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
or google for "toms month gpu"
>>
>>57462385
gtx 960
i have a gtx 760 and it works great
desu though you should rather invest in a better CPU or RAM
because as your balls drop games will only matter less
>>
>>57462354
Thanks, but now I completely screwed up. Need to set xubuntu to default settings
>>
File: ms-8956-mit-ms-4013.jpg (166KB, 996x513px) Image search: [Google]
ms-8956-mit-ms-4013.jpg
166KB, 996x513px
i got given an old pc that has an RCA/SVIDEO/SCART out connector on the back, but the graphics card it needs has been removed.

Can I wire this up to use the VGA output of another card and just splice the wires from a VGA Cable?

Pic related: MS4013
>>
>>57462419
>>57462427
Thanks for your replies. I don't game much which is why I don't want to spend a ton of money. The 5770 was actually a gift to replace my cheapo HD4770.
>>
>>57462579
how?
>>
>>57462385
GTX 1050Ti~GTX 1060.
>>
>>57462261
None, Get a PIA subscription.
>>
>>57462721
>GTX 1050Ti
kek
>>
Why won't a small business of designing and building battle-stations for local people work?
>>
>>57462619

What for?
>>
>>57462754
to output SCART or RCA.
>>
>>57462746
You don't add any value.
>>
>>57462773
What do you mean?
>>
>>57462768

Your best shot is to output RGB SCART, but you still have to worry about sync type and frequency.
I guess you want to plug it into a standard SD TV?
>>
>>57462784
People are conttent buying stuff and setting it on their desks without your help. You'd actually be removing value because people feel accomplished for sticking together half a dozen registered and color coded components and knowing which ones to buy.
>>
>>57461918
Fruit is way too sugary
>>
>>57462837
Sugar that comes with fiber and other nutrients as part of a whole food is not a problem.
>>
>>57462808
correct. an old CRT in the office. Mostly for shits and giggles, but also that nostalgia feel of an old crt.
>>
I'm new to openbox. Which programs can I use to rice it. I'm already using tint2 and conky.
>>
>>57462816
>People are conttent buying stuff and setting it on their desks without your help
This is simply not true. Battlestations are big and probably getting bigger. Little 13 year olds are probably begging their parents for a battlestation at this point instead of just a computer and the parents most likely don't give a shit or don't have the time and would rather have some professional set it up efficiently.

>You'd actually be removing value because people feel accomplished for sticking together half a dozen registered and color coded components and knowing which ones to buy.
Again, you're thinking of a really small minority. You're essentially projecting yourself to the average potential customer.
>>
>>57462895
Wouldn't those people want an Alienware and nothing else? That's how it was when I was 13.
>>
>>57462687
I set up the keys but it still didn't go as I wanted because mistyped a command. Also, I still can't configure my volume keys to regulate my volume.
>>
>>57462218
>hardly
I looked it up later on and 64bit easily adds at least a hundred megabytes or so, if not more. Yes, it's not that much, but it is a significant issue when you have very little RAM to go around in the first place.
>>
File: T3DFADP[1].gif (3KB, 448x215px) Image search: [Google]
T3DFADP[1].gif
3KB, 448x215px
>>57462858

/vr/ has a CRT general, you should be able to get some help on this.

VGA has 5 main lines, RGBHV. That's the regular RGB signals, a hsync signal to trigger scanning a new line, and a vsync signal to trigger scanning a new frame.
SCART has 4, RGBS. There's the RGB signals but then also a composite video signal. The composite video is the same signal that you get on the yellow RCA jack, but if the set is displaying the cleaner RGB video signals then it only uses the sync data from the composite video.

I'm fairly certain you can combine the horizontal and vertical sync signals to create a composite sync signal, then send that down the composite video line, and the if the set supports RGB it will be able to handle it. You need an adaptor to multiplex hsync and vsync that but it's fairly basic.

hsync frequency is important. SDTVs are only designed to sync at 15KHz, which is 240 visible lines in 60fps. VGA monitors sync at 31KHz at a minimum, for 480 lines in 60fps. You need to find out if your graphics card can actually output 15KHz video.

note: horizontal resolution doesn't matter, analog video signals don't have quantized horizontal resolution. /vr/fags usually emulate at 3840x240 because it scales up from 256/320/384 nicely and their hipster CRTs still display it fine. Of course, what you'll actually be able to resolve depends on the dot pitch of your CRT.
>>
>>57462882
google
>>
>>57461005
nvm fixed it, I'm a baka
>>
looking to learn >windows10 , and linux because jobs in my area require them.

should i

>partition my 1TB that i barely use
>buy a 250gb for $20
>buy a 1TB for $49

Im frugal as shit but i dont want to fuck around with my current 1TB, that thing is very old.

I dont want to buy a 1TB because i never filled up my first 1TB but what if i need more space later on?
>>
>>57463225
Virtual machines.
>>
>>57462746
There's no harm in trying, just list it on craigslist, but I guarantee there's already a dozen or so there that post regularly. Custom built computers aren't all that common, most people with a power level of 1 or below tend to buy from big box stores or prebuilts on amazon. The people you're trying to cater to are likely already capable of building one themselves.

That isn't to say it can't be done, I occasionally get requests from friends of family that have seen my setup and want similar. I've had little resistance to my 5% markup on parts plus $50 for labor.
>>
>>57463246
>memeing up hard drive space for ISOs.
>>
File: dllhost_2016-11-10_17-02-04.png (10KB, 363x455px) Image search: [Google]
dllhost_2016-11-10_17-02-04.png
10KB, 363x455px
>>57463263
>not keeping all of them
>>
File: 1447805554631.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447805554631.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>57463263
You don't need to keep them around after installing their contents.
>>
>>57463291
>expecting me to download isos over wifi
mom wont let me drill holes in the ceiling to run ethernet around the house :(
>>
>>57463304
>mom wont let me
You know you have to be 18 to come here, right?
>>
>>57463263
The same ISOs and minimum disk space are needed whether the machine is virtual or bare metal, but you'll overshoot partitioning for the latter and waste a bunch of time rebooting.
>>
>>57463329
How fucking poor are you that you consider "wasting" 2GB for a vm?
>>
>>57463304
how fucking slow is your wifi? you know that most ISOs can be torrented, if your worried about an http disconnect.
>>
>>57462687
nevermind, everything work perfectly fine now. thanks anyway
>>
Can anyone recommend me a Haskell tutorial?
Would be nice if the tutorial teaches Haskell the way even retards will understand.
>>
>>57462925
I don't think it's that simple. Alienware is old news and it's a popular idea. I'm just saying battlestations continue to trend. There might be something there. I've also never heard of anyone else doing this but I really think if you know how to advertise it would work.
>>
>>57462727
>None, Get a PIA subscription.
If you were forced to choose a free VPN, which one would you use?

C'mon, there has to be at least one passable option.
>>
>>57463591
I have never used one before, but they all suck and log data. Just spend the little bit of money and get a good service. It's not a lot of money.
>>
>>57463618
hide dot me says they don't log data. are they lying?
>>
>>57463668
Don't they have a browser proxy as well? I have heard about them. Honestly they probably are lying, why would the company lose money?

I have a few subscriptions for paid VPNs I could hook you up with.
>>
>>57463668
It's cheaper not to store stuff, so I don't see why they would.
>>
>>57463393
i have 60mbp/s down over wifi

>>57463320
im 23 and live in my moms basement playing pirated russian games
>>
>>57463703
Then download the ISOs you fucking moron
>>
>>57463753

fuck no
>>
>>57463692
>why would the company lose money?
The free option has like a 2GB per month limit

>I have a few subscriptions for paid VPNs I could hook you up with.
That would be greatly appreciated, how would that work?
>>
>>57463768
Then what the fuck do you expect to get out of this?
>>
>>57463775
Email me [email protected]
>>
>>57463775
>how would that work?
You connect to it and he harvests all of your information and blackmails you later
>>
>>57463249
not just trying to do custom built. There's plenty of that already. But the actual designing a whole battlestation including peripherals and desk and all that stuff. all new or working with what they've got. seems kind of farfetch but who knows. I feel like i'd need access to a more affluent area.
>>
>>57460351
keeping the bitrate the same doesn't prevent quality loss
>>
File: 1415917371043.jpg (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1415917371043.jpg
115KB, 1024x768px
>>57462619
yea
>>
>>57461918
Been posting this on other boards, and so far /b/ has the highest proportion of fruit eaters. Why is this?
>>
>>57463775
>>57463786
Messed up the email sorry, it's [email protected]
>>
I really need help with this one, re-installed without deleting anything W7 and personal files like photos and texts are completly gone, they don't even appear on Recuva, neither given the permissons, what do i do?
>>
>>57464671
because /b/ is, and always has been, 20-30 year olds pretending to be retarded teenagers.
they're past the age where "eww, fruit" and legitimately enjoy it now and again.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.