[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DNS Server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: screenshot.jpg (240KB, 817x1232px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
240KB, 817x1232px
Friendly reminder to not use your ISP's DNS servers.

pic related, from wikileaks.
>>
>>57441859
KEK told me to setup my own DNS server with Gentoo and pdnsd + dnscrypt.
>>
i simply refuse to believe that anyone on /g/ is so stupid that they're using their ISPs DNS. even if you ignore wikileaks, ISPs' DNSes are relatively poor-performing and unreliable.
>>
>>57441859
>German
>Privacy
choose one...

>>57441859
>Google DNS...
welcome to the botnet

>>57441926
unfortunately according to namebench and DNS Benchmark, ISP DNS servers are the fastest one in my case
>>
>>57441926
My ISP's DNS server's are great and don't do any of that hijacking bullshit when NXDOMAIN.
>>
>>57442062
>>57442028
holy fuck you guys are real i can't handle this
>>
>use Linux
>but also use IPS's DNS
How bad is it?
>>
>>57442083
I hope it gives you an aneurysm.
>>
>>57442118
it's honestly not going to cause me more problems than being retarded is going to cause for you
>>
>>57442174
ok senpai
>>
>>57442174
yea, recommending BOTNET DNS and
14 Eyes DNS to everyone...
you're the pussy, do you know that?
>>
I don't even know how to get my own DNA server but I bet it costs money that I don't have
>>
>>57441859
I use opennic through dnscrypt, it's the FREEDOMEST.
>>
>>57442286
This nigger knows.
Everything else is literally nigger dog shit.
>>
What should I use as my pi hole fallback?
>>
https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv
>>
So any actual suggestion?
>>
>>57443327

Google DNS

I tested it to be the fastest
>>
>>57443327

Yes, it probably tracks and links your queries, but at least they do everything to protect you from malicious shit. People forget that google is the main pusher for customer privacy and security these days. See: certificate transparency, quic, http2 tls only, project zero, etc
>>
>>57443421

Google DNS with a VPN?

Can they still track you with your real IP?
>>
>>57443327
see >>57442426
ignore google shills.
>>
>>57442426

All that does is protect against MITM attacks. You like to use the term 'google shill' yet you don't even understand how the internet works on a basic level. You don't even understand what that tool does.
>>
>>57441859
Anyone who isn't using DNScrypt or some non botnet DNS at this point is likely a regular at Bob Evans or the Golden Corral.
>>
FWIW Bob Evans is actually pretty decent for the money
>>
>>57443766

>implying you should not protect yourself from dns sniffing and spoofing by your ISP
>>
>>57441859
what is this image saying exactly?
list of ip addresses, yes/no to what?
>>
>>57443857
>yes / no
IPV6
>list of IP
list of DNS servers.

just use this instead: >>57442426
>>
>>57443361

Welp unbound or similar with upstream query thru dnscrypt will be the fastest in any case
>>
>>57441926
they are stable here but have wrong ip for some domains.
>>
>>57443327
I'm on OpenNIC since last years and never had any downtime.
Connecting to sites seems normally fast.
Can't say much more about it, I don't really have a metric to judge dns
>>
>using ANY of these
Jesus christ, this is /g/, people shouldn't have any trouble running their own DNS server.
>>
Why does using my ISP's DNS hurt?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.