[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China tech bubble about to collapse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: leeco-logo.jpg (39KB, 805x500px) Image search: [Google]
leeco-logo.jpg
39KB, 805x500px
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-07/troubled-chinese-billionaire-confesses-to-cash-crunch-at-leeco

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/07/is-leeco-really-in-trouble/

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/08/leeco-no-money-mo-problems/

LeEco, which has been selling smartphones at ridiculously low prices to gain market share all while pouring hundreds of millions of dollars to develop their own electric car, is in dire financial strait after burning through investor money at an alarming rate while failing to meet market share goals.

The fact that LeEco is having trouble raising more capital is indicative of the Chinese VC market cooling.
>>
>>57441467
>The fact that LeEco is having trouble raising more capital is indicative of the Chinese VC market cooling.
it seems more like evidence that having no plan to get out of negative cash flow is a retarded idea.

lots of businesses spend more than they make at some phase or another (including to build marketshare), but it's not clear what benefit leeco could possibly have by acquiring marketshare of the smartphone market, so selling at a loss proved a stupid plan.
>>
>>57441523
We got some sweet chink phones with Snapdragon 820 and American LTE bands for $230 though.
>>
>>57441467
>Le
kys
>>
>>57441539
yeah and what was leeco going to do with that victory? nothing.

it's like they looked at uber and didi kuaidi and thought "those fuckers are burning capital. that must be something successful companies do!" and proceeded to do so, and it didn't occur to leeco that those companies were spending money hand over fist to develop a worker & consumer network, which proves incredibly difficult to dislodge (like almost as hard as a monopoly engaging in anti-competitive practices)
>>
>>57441467
Shouldn't have chosen such a retarded name.
>le eco le pro
>le le le
>>
>>57441585
They were obviously Redditors.
>>
>>57441567
also this is like a microcosm of chinese companies looking at a successful case study and blindly copying random aspects of it, without any apparent insight into the thing that made that company or product successful.

and sometimes it seems like they have absolutely no clue what the fuck it was that made it work. like most knockoffs in the US at least produce a facsimile of the genuine, but china seems to take a random aspect and copy that.

it's like if aliens showed up trying to learn about humans.
>>
leEco is vizio.
>>
>>57441596
>Not just letting the Chinks go full retard with the spending, while we get cheap shit.

Android phones are the buyer's market. If Business starting caring about profit, you start running the business like Apple.
>>
>>57441467
>leEco
tips
>>
So is any of their phones worth the money? The most expensive one? I guess it's the best time to grab one soon once the company is broke.
>>
>>57441467
They probably wouldn't be struggling so much if they'd kept the headphone Jack.
Retards.
>>
>>57442110
Wtf they spend billion acquiring vizion and suddenly they out of money?
>>
>>57444481
China accounting and China corporate governance.

Banks and board of directors will sign off on cash acquisitions that will completely drain the company cash balance and possibly cause bankruptcy within a few months of the deal closing.
>>
Xiaomi and Huawei don't have this problem.
>>
Why did they buy Vizio for $2B if they weren't going to leverage that brand? fucking retards.

Anything is better than "Le Eco".
>>
>>57446098
Huawei is a massive conglomerate spanning from telecom switches, semiconductors, business consulting, to smartphones.

Xiaomi sticks with consumer electronics where the investment required to start churning out a new product is relatively small. It also does strict inventory control to prevent losses from having manufactured too many of a certain model.
>>
>>57446111
This, Le Eco sounds stupid.

You could've released a phone called "install gentoo" and would've been better.
>>
>>57441596
They were trying to out-Apple Samsung.
Why else would an upstart be doing both a phone and a car?
>>
I mentioned this company a few weeks ago. During their recent press conference they were unable to show off the car in action and the CEO gave this very long winded, probably bullshit story for why.
That immediately raised questions of whether the car was even functional. It looks a lot like a bullshit concept that'll never get put into production.

>>57441596
LeEco is the Chinese copy of both YouTube and Netflix. They probably figured more of the same would lead to more of the same success.

The thing though is that this model doesn't work without government subsidy. This was apparent before LeEco was going through obvious problems, and confirmed now that the company is proceeding to crash and burn immediately upon US entry.

>>57441467
The VC market is general is cooling right now but Chinese VC money has invaded the west for some time now. Though apparently not with the same ideals as native money; the money comes with backwards dealings and shitty terms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/new-wave-of-chinese-start-up-investments-comes-with-complications/2016/08/05/2051db0e-505d-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html
>Mountain View, Calif., start-up Quixey was the envy of many in Silicon Valley when the company announced a multimillion-dollar investment from one of China’s largest and most powerful technology companies, Alibaba
>But then, something went very wrong: Alibaba stopped paying
>The start-up was left in the lurch, until Alibaba fired back with a hard bargain: We’ll give you a loan and you must promise not to sue

There have been prominent Silicon Valley venture capitalists that have been warning of these kinds of terms coming along with a slowing venture market
>>
>trying to get into the marketshare meme
They deserve it.
>>
>>57446509
You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>57446418
I thought google doesn't make that much money from YouTube?
>>
>>57446518
You sound like you have an idea what I'm talking about.
>>
>>57446418
>Mountain View, Calif., start-up Quixey was the envy of many in Silicon Valley when the company announced a multimillion-dollar investment from one of China’s largest and most powerful technology companies, Alibaba
>But then, something went very wrong: Alibaba stopped paying
>The start-up was left in the lurch, until Alibaba fired back with a hard bargain: We’ll give you a loan and you must promise not to sue
CHINKED
H
I
N
K
E
D
>>
Good, fuck them, I ordered a lelele 3 pro and it came with a dent near the front camera and the fingerprint sensor fucked, i didn't knew it had no SD slot or 3.5mm jack either, at least it makes for a decent shitposting/emulation machine for when I leave the house.
>>
>>57446643
>lelele
more like mememe
who come with such a retarded name, it's like it's straight out of reddit
>>
>>57446184
Le Eco sounds cool though
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.