[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have not kept up with new release dates or schedules since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have not kept up with new release dates or schedules since I stopped gaming. I need a new phone, laptop, and tablet.

I wanted the Note 7 to combine the phone and tablet into one, but that's not an option now.

So, Pixel (XL?) or Oneplus 3T?
Dell Latitude or Lenovo Thinkpad?
Any recommendation on what tablet to get? I only want it to take notes, I don't intend to play games or anything on it. Just read and take notes on it.

Is Dell or Lenovo about to release anything new that I should wait for? I don't really trust Lenovo after the spyware, but people are still recommending the ThinkPad.

I am a EE and CE student, so I will need to run some intensive programs on the laptop. I fixed someone's Latitude and thought it was quite nice.

I am unsure about which phone to get. I want a tablet to read books and to take notes, so I need a stylus. I can't wait another year for the Note 8.

I prefer the Latitude over the Thinkpad. Are they about to be refurbished or upgraded or anything new on the horizon.

Tell me what to do /g/
>>
There is no spyware in thinkpad line
>>
As a student, you won't be able to take many notes with a stylus on a phone.
Get a good pen and a binder and take white paper from the printer and use that.
Getting a good quality binder with a low profile is very important even though it is expensive.

As for what phone to get, just pick something that has the screen size you want and gets updates for the OS you want.
There are no great phones, so this is where they change.

As to when certain brands release new models, look at when the last two or three was released and interpolate from there.
>>
>>57441310
I know; they only put it on consumer devices, but Chinese companies are notorious for industrial espionage.

>>57441352
I tried out the Note 5 at the ATT store and thought it was amazing. I previously had the Note 3 before going to the Oneplus One. The Note 3 stylus sucked for writing.

I like to jot down thoughts, ideas, etc which is why I was so keen on the Note 7.

Pixel XL and Oneplus 3T have nearly the same specs except the 3T has more RAM. I've heard good things about the Pixel and I would actually be getting software updates. I am leaning towards the Pixel. I have a chipped screen on my oneplus one and no repair store in town can fix it. To send it back to China to fix would be $200 which is slightly less than what the phone cost me in the first place.

If I can find a tablet that has a stylus as responsive as the Note 5, I would like that. Of course pen and paper has its place.

I'll do some more research. 3T might have more RAM but I don't know if it has a fingerprint scanner, infrared to act as a remote, etc.

I am leaning heavily towards the Latitude.

I'll look at the tablets and see if I can find one that would work well to read a book and then whip out the stylus to make a note in the margin.

I have an old XPS 700 desktop and a HP Pavilion 11z. Is there anything worthwhile I can do with them?
>>
Check out something like the Microsoft Surface or Surface Book that you can use both as a laptop and tablet with a stylus.

I have a Oneplus 3 but I'd probably go for the Pixel if you can afford it and if you're not interested in dicking around with custom ROMs and things like that on the Oneplus. With the Pixel you're getting the best stock software and best camera on a phone and with guaranteed updates.
>>
>>57441737
Yea, I am thinking of the Pixel. anadtech just put out a review bashing the pixel, but I did like the oneplus one until I was told it would be $200 to ship to china to have it fixed.

I don't think the Surface will be able to run the 3d modelling and engineering programs I need. So I think the Latitude will by my work laptop.

I'm looking for a tablet with e-paper so I can read but one that has a stylus to take notes on. Next year I'll probably get the Note 8, so I am not going to buy a newer tablet that I won't use after next year.

Looks like I'll be spending my day researching different tablets to see which one is cheap, has e-paper, and a stylus to take notes in the margins. I don't want to be carrying around the latitude in my backpack all day, so a tablet would be fine.

Well, thanks guys. I think I've decided on the Pixel, Latitude, and I'll look for a cheap tablet with a stylus and e-paper.
>>
gonna by picking up a 14" latitude 7000 myself soon. from all my research, latitudes seem to be a much better choice that thinkpads nowadays.
>>
im a physics student and i use a dell venue 8 7840 and the dell active stylus with the lecture notes app.
it works really well for lectures and homework and stuff but youll still need a computer for programming tasks etc
>>
>>57441258
>I will need to run some intensive programs on the laptop.

Like what?
>>
>>57442326
The pixel is basicallyu an iphone running android, don't get it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.