[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I be a programmer if I don't have autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1469138761353.jpg (8KB, 246x184px) Image search: [Google]
1469138761353.jpg
8KB, 246x184px
Can I be a programmer if I don't have autism?
>>
Yes, but you do still need a high IQ which means you're still assed out.
>>
No. Programming is a hobby exclusively linked to autists.
t. Someone who has a friend into programming that's a closet tranny
>>
>>57440312
just try it out.
>>
>>57440312
No, but you can fix that.
>>
>>57440526
>having friends that are closet trannies
>>
>>57440567
I was his friend before he came out to me. He's a pretty normal guy besides the tranny part, and I'm pretty sure he's also a furry.
>>
>>57440526
>a friend into programming that's a closet tranny
Did he get memed into it by /g/?
>>
File: 75746.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
75746.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>57440598
>tranny
>furry

>normal
>>
No, you can't.

Especially not you pajeet. You know perfectly well how that shit ends.
>>
>>57440673
Maybe? His twin brother is gay so he was probably already autistic.
>>
>>57440312
No. Autism is the most important prerequisite for becoming a programmer, which means you need to have no friends, gf and be a kissless virgin.
>>
>>57440780
This. I used to be an excellent programmer. One night I somehow got lucky and cummed inside a vagina. I got fired a month later. Now I work as a bartender.
>>
>>57440705
In the street?
>>
File: 7BIlFccT.jpg (17KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
7BIlFccT.jpg
17KB, 400x327px
>>57440312
>>
>>57440312
no, but its possible that you don't realize that you have autism yet
>>
If you don't know at least 1 programming language by the time you're 10 to 12 years old, you probably won't become a good programmer.
>>
>>57440388
well first we'd have to define what it is to be a programmer? because some forms of programming aren't as mentally complex for instance building websites as likened to doing trigonometry and calculus equations for a 3d game engine. Or even just building useful system utilities, web scrapers, or even using official libraries that do the brunt of the difficult stuff for you. most languages have an abundance of these.

also how high an iq is in fact needeD?
>>
>>57441065
Where is the proof on this?

The founder of facebook didn't start programming until he was in college. A lot of people don't start programming until they're in late teens early adolescence.
>>
>>57441114
Where is the proof that Mark Zuckerberg is a decent programmer?
>>
>>57440312
Yes
>>
>>57441126
Well I was actually wrong he started programming when he was a teenager.

If you read the wiki many other accomplished programmers said he was great programmer.

"His father taught him Atari BASIC Programming in the 1990s, and later hired software developer David Newman to tutor him privately. Newman calls him a "prodigy", adding that it was "tough to stay ahead of him".
>>
>>57440388
>implying it takes a high IQ to copy and paste from stack overflow.
>>
>>57441223
Do people actually build entire pieces of software by literally copying and pasting stuff?

The amount of work and time to hack it together seems more then just actually building it yourself.
>>
>>57440312
>define your data
>define functions related to manipulating data
>organize functions and data in a logical way

doesn't take autism.
>>
>>57441223
it takes a higher IQ than you seem to realize just to find the right search terms to surface the relevant SO questions with good answers.

>>57441292
people copy chunks of code but obviously not the whole thing. some people on /g/ are hyperbolic to make a point which ends up weakening their argument because they make *themselves* look absurd.
>>
no OP you don't need autism, but autistic people gravitate toward programming because a lot of the things they lack (awareness of social cues, for instance) don't haunt them here.

this is like gay people and acting. you don't have to be gay to do theater, but gay people are going to gravitate toward it because it's a safe space to be expressive and whatnot, so don't be surprised if you wake up surrounded by faggots.

don't be surprised if you wake up one day and realize 90% of your colleagues are on the spectrum
>>
>>57440312
yes, you need to be a tranny with a stocking fetish
>>
>>57440312
Just become an autista.
Couple of years in front of the computer with no social interaction and you're set.
>>
>>57441292
yea, I unironically do it, but mostly because it's asp.net or something similar which makes me want to hang myself.
I hate web so fucking much, yet you can't find any other type of job here
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.