[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT School Horror Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DYQsdIj.gif (887KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
DYQsdIj.gif
887KB, 500x268px
Anyone have some horror stories of learning IT?
Right now i'm in a college course, here is my story
> During summer teach myself HTML and CSS because fuck it, i'm bored
> Decide in August I need to go to college
> Go to school for networking
> Mandatory coding course
> Hope it's C or something
> It's HTML/CSS
> The teacher is a Pajeet
> First major project
> "Design me a test about Sheldon Cooper from the big bang theory"
> I wish I was kidding
> I wasn't
> Only 4 or so people hand it in
> "Why didn't you guys do the project?"
> A resounding "I didn't get it"
> Have to repeat lessons over from the previous two weeks
> Retards still aren't getting it
> Keeps talking about how "HTML is the most powerful language for coding shell based websites"
> What the fuck is happening
Please comfort me before I drop out
>>
>>57439674
>Please comfort me before I drop out
No. We are the elite, born with the knowledge of ages, you are a pleb CS student. DIAF.
>>
>>57439690
>CS
>IT
>implying anywhere near the name
>>
Mostly the only horrifying thing I had to deal with was how few people understood programming, and that went for my lecturers as well. Doubly so, in some cases.

Oh and that one time some guy straight up copied my work verbatim, on the sly. The first I knew of it was my course coordinator calling us both into his office to tell us he's refusing to submit our work and awarding us zero marks for that module. I didn't know what to say, it was pretty horrifying. I thought that guy was a bro which made it even worse. I mean come on, he didn't even change a single thing just copy pasted it like a fucktard.
>>
>>57439674
>"HTML is the most powerful language for coding shell based websites"
https://askmagicconch.com/
>>
>>57439674
It's fucking college. Just take the exercises or whatever and show up in the exam, no one is forcing you to sit in the class if it's full of bullshit.
>>
>>57440319
As far as I understand for some shitty asynchronous programming course in my school (which I graduated few years ago) some people still use my example I left in "student's drive" completely unaltered and try to pass it as their own.

It was some stupid "decrypt md5 hash" exercise
>>
>>57439674
>learning IT
Every Yuro always calls any kind of computer related knowledge "IT". What's with this meme?
>>
>>57441356
Makes ye feckin sick
>>
File: 1476676506855.jpg (37KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1476676506855.jpg
37KB, 350x464px
>>57439674
Embedded firmware engineer here. I pretty much sat in the corner and did nothing my entire way through school. Being self taught and motivated is what gets me a six figure salary. Just make sure you're knowledgeable in whatever field you go into and you'll be fine. That piece of paper you're chasing after right now is only good for getting a foot in the door. Otherwise your experience is what counts.
>>
>>57439674
>Have to repeat lessons over
please my money back
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.