[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

naaaaaiiiiii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: scared.jpg (48KB, 971x628px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
48KB, 971x628px
Hey autismos

so my ssd harddrive fucked itself yesterday and deleted all my passwords in the mozilla folder and I gotta fix that shit as good as possible with my backup now. Tell me stories about what you lost on broken harddrives in the last couple o' years
>>
>>57439207
>Tell me stories about what you lost on broken harddrives in the last couple o' years

Nothing. No failures and I back up my files. Google Drive works fine. The internet is botnet and I do nothing of the remotest interest to the Illuminati.

Export your passwords, print them, then stash that copy somewhere. Also have backup text file.

You should be ready for total computer loss at any time without warning.
>>
>>57440066
>You should be ready
It's been on my to do list for years. I was thinking of just uploading everything I definitely can't lose to drive / onedrive / mega / etc, perhaps in a compressed encrypted container for extra muh botnet points.
>>
>>57440126
>It's been on my to do list for years
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck
Youuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
File: wide.jpg (87KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
wide.jpg
87KB, 1024x773px
>>57439207

Years ago I was resizing a partition on my drive that had all my movies/pics/docs etc. using Partition Magic. The resizing completed after a while and when the program reached 100%, it flashed a warning that said, "there has been a problem completing the operation, please reboot" or some shit. So, upon reboot, everything was gone!

I spent the whole night recovering my data that night. Also, that was when I took making backups seriously. Lesson learned.
>>
>>57441749
What? Why?
>>
>>57440126
>It's been on my to do list for years.

Then you didn't give a shit since the work involved is a couple of leisurely evenings at most if you'd never learnt how before.

Do it NOW while you are aware of the problems not doing it cause for you. If your SSD is dying but not dead, boot from a live Linux USB and copy off what you can.

BTW all my USB flash drives of any size get a Linux install so I can boot from any of them. That's also trivial to do. Check the pendrivelinux site for howto.
>>
>>57439207
>ssd harddrive
you mean a sshd? a hdd that uses ssd as a big cache?
that's the worst meme to fall to, you deserve it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.