[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toshiba Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20161107_154553.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161107_154553.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /g/ i have to take a break from this election. im trying to do a little project to take up time while the votes are counted and im working on this toshiba 1800. its old and dusty but it still works. my problem is theres a BIOS password and i do not know it(this was my grandmothers computer and shes passed away now so no i didnt steal it because who the hell would steal one this old) inb4 give it back tyrone. anyone know how to get around this password?
>>
my phone has the shittiest camera ever created, please forgive it
>>
>>57432213
Return the laptop Jamal.
>>
Poke around Google. A laptop that old should have some jumper pins to do a CMOS reset.
>>
>>57432245
Or Keydisk might work.
>>
>>57432245
i looked for the solder points but i cant seem to find any and theres very little info on this particular toshiba(plenty of info and videos on other models) just not this one.

>>57432238
(you)
>>
>>57432245
i think they should be marked B500 or something close like that and i cant find them. also there is a panel on the bottom that haz a hex type screw with little nubs in the middle of the heads and i dont have that screwdriver tip so i dont know whats under there. the rest of the panels (RAM,ethernet) use phillips heads and i can get in those fine.
>>
>>57432213
It's probably old enough to not have great security. Just clearing the CMOS (unplug, remove batteries, remove cmos battery) should do it.
>>
>>57432287
might be able to just take out the battery to reset it
>>
>>57432381
>>57432383
i took the main battery out and tried that but nothing. i dont know where to find the CMOS battery, do either of you know whereabouts it would be before i go taking this whole thing apart?
>>
>>57432213
Give it back Uncle Tom
>>
>>57432213
Quit trying to find your grandma's nudes you fuck.
>>
>>57432213
Why does it have two Windows stickers?
>>
>>57432485
It will be attached to the motherboard. It looks like a watch battery.
>>
>>57432535
absolutely disgusting. she was a Saint.
>>57432542
dont know that. one says Windows Me and ive never heard of that.
>>57432556
im looking for it now thanks.
>>
op here, just for the archive if you have a toshiba 1800 and need to take the CMOS battery out its under the keyboard and you cannot access it from taking the bottom of the laptop off. save yourself the trouble
>>
>>57432626
>windows me
>never heard of
That's Windows Millennium Edition. Released in late 2000 to bridge the gap between Windows 98 and the then-unreleased XP Home Edition. Failed miserably, because of severe issues regarding device driver compatibility, not to mention the general lack of improvement over Windows 98 in other aspects.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.