[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C++ is the best programming language, right guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: cpp 2.jpg (20KB, 360x193px) Image search: [Google]
cpp 2.jpg
20KB, 360x193px
C++ is the best programming language, right guys?
>>
It's an abonitation.
>>
>>57425741
C#
>>
>>57425741
C++11 and later is alright. Too bad C++98 is still the most widely supported standard.
>>
Fucking assembly.
What else you need?
>>
>>57425741
There is no such things as best language. There is a best language for a purpose.
C++ is the best language for some purposes.
>>
>>57425741
C++ is a more shit C.
>>
>>57425753
>>57426894
>>57427156
>>57427250
Don't listen to these idiots, OP. C++ is the best system programming language, followed by C. There isn't even a competitor to these two languages quite frankly.
>>
>>57425741

my favorite thing about c++ is that you don't have to use oop and can just treat it like C
>>
>>57427702
Anyone in industry will agree with this. I'm a systems programmer for the largest company in our niche industry. ALL systems software is in C++ or is in C and being updated
>>
There is no best

Pick the right tool for the job
>>
>>57427917
/thread
>>
>>57425741
Depends on the job. For low level systems programming C and asm are still king. You can use C++ for it, but at some point you're going to have to break out some C or asm.
>>
Why would you use C++ instead of C#, Java, etc?
>>
>>57428157
>you're going to have to break out some C or asm

Assembly I understand, but for C, why?
>>
>>57428629
you are developing something that requires realtime (or as close to as possible) so cannot sit in a virtual machine and use garbage collection
>>
What is the best language for mobile app developement? Asking for a friend
>>
>>57428629
C++ can interface with almost every language, and since it runs native code you can do h4x stuff with it too (aimbots etc)
>>
>>57430973
Swift for ios
Java for android
>>
>>57428629
>C#
Effectively Windows only.

>Java
Slow.
>>
>>57431106
Java is comparatively fast (against other high-level languages.)
>>
>>57431121
Not against C# or C++.
>>
>>57431151

I don't consider any language that includes manual memory management 'high-level'. So that rules out C++. Java and C++ ostensibly do not compete in the same space generally.

And C# is **not** faster than C# (https://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/csharp.html). They're roughly equal.
>>
Literally every one of your meme languages runs on an interpreter written in C.
>>
>>57431356
>implying that's relevant
>>
>>57431312
>And C# is **not** faster than C#
>They're roughly equal.

I damn well hope so.

>>57431356
>interpreter
>implying that is was written in C if it was interpreted
>>
all widely used languages are shit desu
the good languages are niches and lack everything around them to make them usable
>>
>>57431411
All interpreters are written in C (except when they're made in something even worse). You can't just conjure language features out of thin air, you have to build them on top of something in a lower level language, that's pretty much gonna be C
>>
>>57427702
Java is pretty nice to work with in a big project.
>>
>>57425753
So what? Tame that abomination and it will become your greatest pet ever.
>>
>>57427702
All I know is C, C++ and Assembly and while the former two are really good, Assembly wins.

C and C++ are like a godsend to start learning programming with, and after messing around with some JavaScript I never felt happier to go back to good old C.
But seriously, Assembly is fucking fast, many multiples faster. A small loop can be about 9x less instructions using Assembly. Sure it's a mess to do even the simplest of tasks but it definitely gives you an incredibly good understanding of how programming and hardware interact. Makes you a little more creative in being efficient with all languages because you get used to fucking about like mad to get less lines.

Assembly is in a class of its own for good reason.
>>
File: 1473895568647.png (238KB, 610x292px) Image search: [Google]
1473895568647.png
238KB, 610x292px
>>57425741
Visual Basic 6 masterrace
>>
File: 8-inch-floppy.jpg (14KB, 430x319px) Image search: [Google]
8-inch-floppy.jpg
14KB, 430x319px
>>57425741
Forth is the best.
>>
Swift
>>
how do i into graphical user interfaces with c++

asking for a friend
>>
>>57435487
http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/
You're welcome
>>
Befunge is the hands down best language desu
>>
>>57435518
>>57435487
No wait goto http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php instead, with SDL2
>>
What is a programming language that will let me mess around with graphics from the ground up? As in not using prefab gui/graphics libraries. Asm?
>>
>>57435487
Many libs out there m8,
> Qt (and its proprietery bullshit and QMLcancer)
> wxWidgets (This one is close the MVC cancer)
> GTK/GTK+ (C ass)
> *cures if you're interested in TUI systems
> core winblows shit (IE, GTK, cancer)

There's more but lots of people use these ones.
or make your own somehow :^)
>>
>>57435765
That, or whatever lets you mess with the video memory. C/C++ is relatively easyish to use to manage it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Graphics_Array
>>
>>57435765
Pretty much any language. QBASIC was a fun one to play with graphics in.
>>
>>57426894
I've heard Swift is pretty good.
>>
whats the best language to learn from the start?
>>
>>57432703
>Java
>Systems programming
HHHHHHHHEH
>>
>>57433621
Yes but assembly is incredibly niche and certainly not a good alternative to C/C++ in many cases.
It's like building your house out of bricks vs building it out of individual grains of sand.
>>
>>57437576

This is totally subjective, but imo don't start with a scripting language like JS or Python. Start slightly lower level, like C#, Java, or even C++

It's nice to understand HOW things work, and Python (as an example) doesn't teach you a lot of things.
>>
>>57425741
it has a lot of mistakes that will never get fixed or take decades to fix if were lucky.

the 8 or so years of no updates to the standard hurt it quite a bit, so its will be catching up with other languages for the next decade or so.

still a pretty ok language.
>>
>>57427702
I'm sorry but the built in reflection in C# is fucking amazing.

While I love C++ I find C, C++ and C# all have their uses.
>>
>>57425741

That's a funny way to spell fortran.
>>
File: logo-web-teal-dark.png (104KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
logo-web-teal-dark.png
104KB, 900x900px
Oh hai /g/uys
>>
>>57437659
I never said that retard
>>
>>57431312
>I don't consider
Here's the problem. If you talk with other people, you can't expect them to use your special snowflake definition.
>>
>>57437671
>building out of individual grains of sand
Suppose with the power of modern cpus, that degree of control is no longer needed. Just remains for embedded stuff.

I still like how the gameboy used assembly, one of the better success stories in programming and electronics. Even my pebble is way more powerful and can use C without issues now..
>>
>>57435803
>> GTK/GTK+ (C ass)
There's gtkmm which is the official C++ wrapper for GTK and it's very nice. Much much nicer than the Qt cancer.
http://www.gtkmm.org/en/
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.