[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does taking LSD (or similar) help with understanding programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 7rqOXmi.png (389KB, 814x686px) Image search: [Google]
7rqOXmi.png
389KB, 814x686px
Does taking LSD (or similar) help with understanding programming concepts?
>>
>>57422759
If you're a character on a TV show: yes
In real life: no

Drugs almost always =/= productivity regardless of what (((they))) tell you
>>
>>57422759
Some have had success doing stuff like that but probably won't work for you.
I used to trip a lot when I was younger and sometime I would do cool creative shit but most of the time you're caught up with other shit. Programming would seem a lot harder and less inviting rather than drawing, painting, or writing.
>>
>>57422759
maybe with conceptualizing the ideas, sadly its really easy to just fuck off half way through a project or just plain forget what you were doing. Its a fine line OP.
>>
I can barely manage to watch tv I can't imagine focusing enough to program.

Just trying to read the text would be an ordeal of its own
>>
>>57422775
There were CS majors in my uni who were HUGE druggies but apparently were hot shit enough to intern at places like Google and SpaceX.
>>
>>57423092
Makes you think that WANT to earn MONEY for those drugs so they work harder for it...
>>
>>57423092
>>57423117
or maybe they just enjoy drugs and are also good at their jobs for no related reason.
>>
>>57422759
Yes, but you need to take few kilos at once.
>>
If you're already good, then maybe. If not, then no. Either way, probably not.
>>
you're more likely to come to the realization that programming is worthless than have any type of programming breakthrough.
>>
File: snooti.jpg (41KB, 480x463px) Image search: [Google]
snooti.jpg
41KB, 480x463px
someone who actually has extensive experience with both psychedelics and code reporting in.

psychs absolutely can help you understand abstract concepts and help along with realizations and epiphanies that apply to every aspect of your live, including coding. they can also have opposite effects and fuck you up if you're stupid with them. I can't say for certain that I wouldn't be anywhere near as an intelligent, creative or ambitious person without using LSD as I am today, but I don't think I would be.

for people saying that "drugs cancel out productivity", this doesn't really apply to LSD, something you use occasionally to stir up your brain and un-stagnate your thought processes. it's not something you do regularly. if you did, yeah, it'd fuck you up and I've seen examples of this at gatherings plenty. don't expect to write some dank code while frying on acid, it's something you use out in the woods to think to yourself for a while, maybe gain some inspiration from having your artificial abstract/social blinders taken off for a while. I'm tempted to go in-depth on this but I don't feel like investing in a potential large discussion about this right now.

marijuana can help with inspiration to a smaller extent, but it's a huge trap and you'll never get anything done when being a stoner.

tl;dr it can and has, it also might not and hasn't, the human mind and psychoactives are both too dynamic to answer such questions in a simple manner.
>>
>>57422759
Depends on the person and only microdosing and only if its genuine lsd. Yes. But youre better off doing cardio and eating your veggies.
>>
>>57422759
Idk about LSD, but adderall would probably help
>>
well LSD can be a performance enhancing drug, as can marijuana.
>>
>>57422759
You you just get high and trip the fuck out lol what kind of question is this
>>
I want quaaludes
>>
>>57422759
Ive done a lot of psychedelics and can honestly say it has negatively affected my problem solving capabilities. A beer before writing code always helps though
>>
doubt about lsd or weed, sleep ciggies and coffee helps
>>
>>57424556
this. Anything can be performance enhancing at the right dosage. Opioids make me very productive.
>>
>>57422759
Take cocaine then. LSD gives you trips.
>>
>>57423165
This.

Though taking drugs definitely does open your minds to new ways of thinking about things. I don't think it's helped me with algorithm design though.
>>
I must be a god since I understood "programming concepts" without LSD
>>
>>57422759
Yeah, until you can a compiler error.
Then
>bad trip
>FBI. NSA.
>hell-a-chopters
>bury computer
>move to Cuba
>>
I got stoned once and suddenly understood discrete fourier transform
>>
The benefits you may get from LSD are entirely dependent on yourself.
It may or may not improve your programming skills, but it will improve something. it makes you better at thinking and creating without the arbitrary barriers imposed by adulthood.
In essence, it gives you naive ingenuity.
>>
It might make you think in different ways (which could help), and it might make you think you understand more than you do (which would not help). Psychedelics, sadly, rarely provide the insight you think they do.

Generations of programmers prefer caffeine, more reading and hard work, anon. It's tried and tested. Only a few psychonauts working on weird shit, like BSD, were into acid.

Try Knuth, and Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and give yourself time to breathe and absorb it.
>>
Try Adderall and amphetamine, it's what they give to people with ADHD.
>>
It's a meme you dip.

Stimulants will help you get stuff done though and that's proven.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.