[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young Devs Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 08 - e2plAZf.gif (44KB, 257x293px) Image search: [Google]
08 - e2plAZf.gif
44KB, 257x293px
If there is a prejudice against developers over 30, then what happens to all the developers over 30?

They can't all become managers.
>>
>>57421790
They die.
>>
At the New Year's Eve all developers who turned 30 that year gather at a secret location. There they battle against each other until only and handful remains. Those victors become managers. The losers (if they survive) remain developers, but the shame of being bested is usually too much to bear and they crumble into burnouts shortly after, quit the career altogether and move to countryside to become florists or some such.
>>
>>57421790
>If there is a prejudice against developers over 30
There isn't.
>>
Freelance or start up your own company with the experience you've previously gained.
>>
>>57421790
You cash out on your tech skills and apply them to improving another industry while no longer chasing the frontier.
>>
>If there is a prejudice against developers over 30
what in the hell makes you think this?
>>
>>57421860
I'm turning 30 in 2 months, where is this secrete place?
>>
>>57421885
Yeah it's more like over 40.

Young programmers will work longer hours for less money, since they aren't married with kids and have fewer years of experience
>>
>>57423940
bullshit I know a structural engineer.
he's 40 years old and works his ass 14 hours a day.
oh and he earns 350k
>>
>>57424223
Structural engineer
I didn't realize that was a type of programmer...
-_-
>>
>>57424254
bridges are software, right?
highways are servers for cars!
>>
>>57421860
>tfw graduated at 23
>tfw approaching 30 soon
>tfw career hasn't even begun yet
>>
>>57423826
>nobody told him
oh boy that's going to be embarrassing when you turn up the day after your 30th
>>
File: 8AV399v.png (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8AV399v.png
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>57424459
The sooner you pick a specialty, the better. Something like server administration or .NET WPF. Or firmware. One thing and stick to it.

As a fresh graduate, the companies see you as something they can mold into their image. But as the years go by, no one wants to mold you. So if you haven't molded yourself into a specialty, you don't fit anyone's needs.

Even a Full Stack guy specializes in web applications.
>>
>>57421860
>Those victors become senior developers. The losers (if they survive) become managers.
Fixed.
>>
File: 01 - d9dIjRT.gif (419KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
01 - d9dIjRT.gif
419KB, 616x338px
>>57424586
what's the difference between a developer and senior developer?
>>
>>57424592
Pay
>>
>>57424542
it's hard getting a job as an autist
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.