[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me /g/ I bought a gtx 1060 to replace my old cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Please help me /g/ I bought a gtx 1060 to replace my old cards and uninstalled the old drivers and replaced the card but my computer freezes at this bios startup screen. I've tried a lot of shit I've read, except updating my bios, because my bios is already almost up to date (relatively) and the later updates are almost as old and its minor shit and it said it can brick my whole mobo if it goes wrong. I've upgraded GPUs before but I'm guessing there's a problem because I'm using a much newer card? The worst thing is I have to take the whole fucking card out of my computer to get past this frozen start up screen and actually do anything so I'm afraid I'm gonna fuck up my card or other hardware eventually god dammit my last cards weren't even that bad there just isn't so much good SLI support any more, fuck
>>
>>57420521
how many watts is your power supply?
>>
>>57420521
I would update your BIOS. If that doesn't work, return the card, it's probably just DOA.
>>
I mean maybe you guys would know if a mobos latest bios version is from 2012 it won't support gtx 10- series cards? Or if I really should just update the bios and not worry?
>>
>>57420528
>>57420528
650 watts

I was running two 660 ti's before this so that should be good
>>
>>57420530
Ok but before I do do you still think it's worth a try knowing the last bios update for my mobo is from near the end of 2012 and only a few months after the version I already have?

To me it seems kinda hopeless and my last two cards aren't that bad so I really don't wanna mess anything up
>>
Now my internet isn't working because it's saying everything is an insecure connection

Great I knew resetting my cmos thing was a good idea

What now

God I can't handle this shit holy fuck I am returning this I don't need this stress I just wanted to play some fucking games and it's just making me feel sick and upset
>>
>>57420673
Oh it's just Firefox nvm weird

Thank god
>>
>the life of a novidya user
you got what you payed for
>>
>>57420731
My chest is burning and I'm out of breath and I'm only 130 pounds

I don't need this shit, I'm done

But it seems like my cmos battery is dead now after I took it out and put it back in, or some shit happened

God why can't things ever just work for me anymore
>>
What the fuck there is no download for this q flash shit what the fuck how does everything make no fucking sense what the fuck do I do with these fucking bios files the guide doesn't say shit holy fuck why why why why why
>>
OH GREAT HAHAHA NO NOW ALL MY GAMES ARE FUCKED SOMEHOW BY THE INTERNET EVEN THOUGH ITS FINE LMAO FUCK MY LIFE
>>
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>57420521
You can figure it out on your own, and if you can't then bring it into Best Buy and promptly kys.
>>
Lmao what the fuck is happenin
>>
File: I have no idea.jpg (57KB, 460x333px) Image search: [Google]
I have no idea.jpg
57KB, 460x333px
>>57420521
Relax, Pajeet. It's not that hard. Forget the BIOS update if you're that scared, it's not something that you do in your state of mind. It shouldn't do anything anyway. Take the card out and try reinstalling it, making sure it's all connected right. It's probably a loose connection or something. If it's all in, do an RMA. It happens, new parts can fuck up on installation too; I didn't think it could happen to me but I shorted out a new motherboard once. No problem, just returned it to the store, got a new one, and did it more carefully the second time around.
>>
>>57421696
I'm about to smash my computer with a fucking sledge hammer and lose $5000 worth of hardware and games and try to move on with my life
>>
This is total cancer. Go back to >>>/v/ you faggot
>>
>>57421703
I know I was thinking of trying it tomorrow but now my computer says fucking Google.com has configured their website improperly HOW THE FUCK SOES
THIS SHIT FUCKING HAPPEN TO ME FUCK MY SHIT
>>
Install gentoo
>>
well OP is a retarded child. Seriously stop fucking with shit, you obviously have no fucking clue what's you're doing and are just making shit worse. The card is DOA and you need to return it. Sounds like you've also fucked up eniugh shit that you might as well just quote your hardrive and start over. Actually no you'll probably just fuck that up too so better off taking it to bestbuy and paying them a few hundred to do it
>>
File: 1373188719087.jpg (97KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1373188719087.jpg
97KB, 998x810px
>>57421720
Pay someone to do this for you or buy a console next time, then. The new Xbox and Playstation consoles are coming soon, they'll be nice. You can play all of your multiplatform games and you get a browser that you can use to watch Netflix or whatever.
>>
>>57421793
>quote
Wipe, fucking autocorrect
>>
>>57421793
Fuck you nigger my health is failing my my brain isn't what it used to be and this cmos shit seems like a legit obscure bug but thanks for taking the piss out of someone on the Internet who's having a bad day after a bad three years you're definately better than me huh
>>
>>57421805
I'd rather stare at a wall or kill my self than try to play games at 30fps again
>>
God I'm so fucking nauseous and sad
>>
>>57421820
No you fucking moron it's not the fucking battery or some bug that only now decided to pop up. You did something while being a fucking retard in a panic
>>
File: dalegribble.png (137KB, 368x279px) Image search: [Google]
dalegribble.png
137KB, 368x279px
>>57421820
I've fucked up my own computer once and felt like an utter failure, and that came after I failed out of nursing school, so I know how crushing it must feel. Step away from the PC, get some sleep, and try again. You'll likely need some help and call in an RMA, like I did when I bricked my motherboard during a BIOS update. If you are really not up to it, you can hire someone to install it for you and get your PC running again. It's fine, there is help out there.
>>
Calmly start from scratch tomorrow, you retarded nigger. Do things in a logical sequence.
>>
>>57421892
It's not in safe mode

It only happened after I reset the cmos shit. Right after. At one point it was fixed but I did it again, I think I had to actually, wait I don't remember, but now it's fucked again and idk how it got fixed before

It also screwed up my clock

When I googled it some other guy seemed to have a related issue
>>
File: 1406859526953.jpg (253KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1406859526953.jpg
253KB, 900x675px
>>57421896
Another note, you reinstalled your old video cards now and the PC is running, right? Get a return on the new one then; it's very simple.

The "____ website is not configured correctly" is an error in Firefox when it notices that the BIOS clock and the clock set on Windows doesn't match, because your clock is at a different time than what the website says it is. Your BIOS clock reset when you pulled out the battery. Set the time correctly in the BIOS, save the setting, and when you go back to Windows, make sure the time is correct in that too. The error should go away on Firefox.
>>
>>57421939
I mean obviously the clock isn't an issue
>>
>>57421942
>>>57421896
>The "____ website is not configured correctly" is an error in Firefox when it notices that the BIOS clock and the clock set on Windows doesn't match, because your clock is at a different time than what the website says it is.

Shouldn't have told him. It was more fun when he thought it was demon magic.
>>
>>57421939
>after I reset the cmos
Which was completely unnecessary. Exactly what motherboard is this?
>>
File: It's magic.jpg (56KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
It's magic.jpg
56KB, 720x479px
>>57421948
I worked on PCs that had failing CMOS batteries and laptops that had trouble with the CMOS batteries and they all had this error when trying to browse the internet. The BIOS clock must be set to the correct time or all the web browsers will complain that the websites are not configured correctly. The clock is the problem.
>>
>>57421942
You mother fucker
>>
>>57421805
dumb animeposter
>>
>>57421942
i forgot yeah i did that before and it fixed it, thanks a lot, its all good, im gonna just RMA it, maybe try another, maybe not, sorry, i definitely do have brain damage, im getting noticably stupider by the year

>>57421974
gygabyte z77x-up4 TH
>>
File: Pushleen OK.gif (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Pushleen OK.gif
12KB, 200x200px
>>57421972
>Shouldn't have told him. It was more fun when he thought it was demon magic.

I don't think this could have been more entertaining but true, I probably should have left it alone. But this is the real world and at this rate, OP would have bricked his motherboard with a botched BIOS update that would have been completely unnecessary. If I can't have empathy for someone who is potentially mentally compromised, then I can at least empathize with the innocent PC parts that are being tortured right now.
>>
File: On My Way.jpg (20KB, 396x349px) Image search: [Google]
On My Way.jpg
20KB, 396x349px
>>57422028
Is this one better?
>>
>>57422041
>help me solve my problem

>still say some shit that makes me want to just go chain smoke cigarettes instead of play vidya and relax and get my health and maybe some mental faculties back

why are weebs such sociopaths
>>
I have the z77x d3h. Put a 1070 in last week. It's not your board
>>
>>57420563
>GTX 1060
>650 watts

what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>57422364

are you saying thats too much or too little, I have a 650 w and its fine with 1060
>>
File: 1476152804084.png (745KB, 959x981px) Image search: [Google]
1476152804084.png
745KB, 959x981px
>>57422075
Needs more anime.
>>
File: bios.png (38KB, 1545x328px) Image search: [Google]
bios.png
38KB, 1545x328px
Back when I had a 965 chipset motherboard and upgraded to the 650TI the motherboard couldn't load GPU drivers without crashing, it turns out that a bios update was needed to fix the issue.

So yeah, BIOS could be the problem.
>>
Next time buy a whole new prebuilt PC since you are such a useless dumb fuck. And go to a doctor or something.
>>
>>57420521
my pc wouldn't boot when I installed my 1070. turns out I had to install the latest beta bios for it to boot with the 1070
>>
>>57420521
get a rx480
>>
>>57420521
>gtx 1060
wew lad you asked for it
refund the thing and see if you can get a RX480
>>
>>57420771
>nvidia
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>57426120
>>57426090
>pajeeting
>>
>>57426132
1 rupee has been deposited in your loo, thanks for pooing in the loo with nvidia
>>
File: TeFSy3F.png (2MB, 1863x945px) Image search: [Google]
TeFSy3F.png
2MB, 1863x945px
>>57425286
How about this, senpai?
>>
>>57420521
install rx480

you stupid, stupid op
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.