[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to block phone posters from a website?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1478223526338.jpg (28KB, 632x564px) Image search: [Google]
1478223526338.jpg
28KB, 632x564px
Is it possible to block phone posters from a website?
>>
>>57419827
Yes, most are so retarded they wouldn't know how to bypass it.
>>
>>57419827
check the request header, if it is a mobile browser deny access.
you can bypass that by faking the headers, it will still keep the normies out.
>>
>>57419827
Nope, because I can spoof my user agent ;^)
>>
>>57419857
Thank God let me still use clover
>>
>>57419885
nope

private String createUserAgent() {
// User agent is <appname>/<version>
String version = "Unknown";
try {
version = getPackageManager().getPackageInfo(getPackageName(), 0).versionName;
} catch (PackageManager.NameNotFoundException e) {
Logger.e(TAG, "Error getting app version", e);
}
version = version.toLowerCase(Locale.ENGLISH).replace(" ", "_");
return getString(R.string.app_name) + "/" + version;
}

https://github.com/Floens/Clover/blob/dev/Clover/app/src/main/java/org/floens/chan/Chan.java
>>
>>57419991
What the fuck we clover users aren't the mobile cancer
>>
>>57420009
your post would lead me to think otherwise.
>>
>>57419871
will that mean you get the desktop version of the website?
>>
>tfw you spent more than on /g/ with your phone than with your PC
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-06-19-09-29.png (87KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-06-19-09-29.png
87KB, 480x800px
There is literally nothing wrong with posting from a phone.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>57420186
Shitposting from the toilet is too much freedom, it must be stopped for the good of mankind.
>>
>>57419991
Cloverdev could simply spoof the user-agent to Chrome.
>>
>>57419827
But why?
>>
>you are now aware that 4chan split into 2 halves 2 years ago and that once you post from a phone you're automatically permanently sent to the nu-chan

It's why everyone thinks the oldfags left, they're just not moved to nu-chan yet.
>>
>>57419827
unless they use phony, which 90% of them are too dumb to do, just block mobile user agents
>>
>>57419857
4chan needs to do this, pronto.
>>
>>57419857
Phoneposters are the only ones stupid enough to see ads.
>>
>>57419857
Lainchan should start banning mobile user agents
>>
>>57419827
>website
The Web is the problem. Make a Gopher site. Or something on Freenet. That'll take care of the unwashed masses.
>>
>>57419827
Just direct phone posters to an identical containment website. Log their IP when you do this and permanently redirect them on all devices from then on so if they eventually check on their PC they won't realise what's up.
>>
>>57420274
I wish this were true.
>>
>>57420009
Yes, you are.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.