[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these memebooks any good? They all look the same to me. At

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Chromebook.png (93KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
Chromebook.png
93KB, 675x450px
Are these memebooks any good? They all look the same to me. At $200 I'm thinking of buying one for when I want to be cozy.
>>
>>57416720
nah just get a t420
>>
>>57416720
At $200 hell yeah, better than anything else you could get for that much.
>>57416750
Why would OP want an ugly brick?
>>
>>57416720
I've got an acer chromebook 14 that I got for 200.

it's good, I like it.

staying outside all day is comfy af
>>
File: asus-eeebook-x205ta.jpg (137KB, 1000x591px) Image search: [Google]
asus-eeebook-x205ta.jpg
137KB, 1000x591px
I'm plenty happy with this little shitter here.

Got used like new for 120 bucks
Upgraded W10 Home to Pro with 10 bucks OEM key
Threw in a microSD I had around. Very nice, battery is very long lasting and it's very usable too.
>>
>>57418110
That shit looks awesome
>>
>>57419055
I was perplexed at first as it is kinda limited. But it works really good for such a small and light device. W10 works fast on it, can play 1080p videos no problem. As a mobile shitposting gun and cozy bed laptop is awesome. Fanless, too. If you get one on the 100ish is a real deal.
>>
>>57419055
Also look at the HP stream 11 it's about the same. Asus has a slower but 4 cores Atom with a ridiculous tiny power consumption, the HP a faster dual core Celeron IIRC.
But due to the weird bootloader, go for the HP if you plan to go somewhere else than Windows.
>>
>>57419560

Man, I was looking at these stream shits but is the OS they come with gimped or some shit? I didn't bother to look it up.
>>
>>57416720
Cheap, works and has nice battery
Some even have really good linux distros designed for them
>>
>>57416720
got a new samsung one, crashes very frequently. I'd go for a thinkpad
>>
Just get a used business laptop. don't buy one of those toys
>>
There is no reason to get this over an X220
>>
>>57419607
They came with windows 8.1 bing edition, lower cost at the expense of having to use bing anywhere there is search. Windows 10 eliminated this shortcoming

They do only have 32gb flash storage though. I bet it's easily upgradable on an msata slot
>>
>>57419607
>>57420055

Can't really tell for the stream 11 but I recall they are almost identical yo my Asus X205TA.
It should have a soldered eMMC card 32gb, and a micro sd card reader. I put a 64 GB SD and it's OK for storage whatever a small machine like that could need.

Anon is right as they have Win 8.1 with Bing, that allows for a copy without having to pay for the OS, if I am not wrong.

Anyway, I just sticked a win10 bootable USB created with their media creation tool and it got an activated Windows 10 Home, no question asked.

I upgraded to Pro just because I wanted a better control of the updates using the policies.
>>
>>57416720
Chrome OS is good if all you want is a facebook machine.
Gallium OS is good if you want to program and do other shit. The main reason to get a Chromebook is you'll get 12+ hrs of battery life and they're lightweight.
>>
>>57416720
Gets the job done, pretty fast response time. Battery life is amazing
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.