[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you live in a stealth camper van?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
This seem right up /g/'s street.

Take a van, deck it out inside and live in it. Throw a 4g antenna in it for internet (or steal wifi). One of these with a tesla power wall to run all the electrics would be pretty sweet too.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp0qRlGnPtw
>>
>>57411594
>that abysmal audio quality

I dunno, anon, this is too autistic even for me.
>>
I wouldn't live anywhere that didn't have a bathroom
>>
>>57411691
Bathroom? Pull up alongside a drain and squat out the door.
>>
Where would you park it?

I'd park in a public park and leave my doors open so wet leaves and wild animals could blow in
>>
Holy shit that video is horrible. That guy is absolute shit at it.
>>
>>57411704
Exactly the kind of thing I'd like to avoid
>>
>>57411723
but anon, don'y you want to get in touch with nature? There's lots of young, attractive youtubers living out of vans and doing this at this very moment.
>>
What about a wannabango? Or an airstream.
>>
>>57411771
TAKE THE POOOO TO THE LOOoooOOO
>>
>>57411830
be a bit hard to maneuver in a city
>>
>>57411844
Detach trailer and off you go
>>
I always thought this was kind of cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2EgMCk0sts
>>
>>57412044
Might be ok if your post apocalyptic conditions involve very temperate weather, and no other humans. Also if you live somewhere very flat.
>>
>>57411830
>wannabango
They're too obvious for when you camp out in the city. Park a van somewhere and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
>>
why are you trying so hard to convince me to live in a van/micro home/car?
>>
>>57411594
This is not technology
>>
>>57412375
Pro's of living in a van:
>no property taxes
>no rent
>work from anywhere
>adventure if just a short drive away
>Plenty of room for a thinkpad
>soend less, worth less, contribute to FOSS software

cons of living in a van:
>shitting in the street when its snowing

The choice is simple, live out of a van. Like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mz7Vr0STc
>>
File: what.jpg (103KB, 956x900px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
103KB, 956x900px
>>57412471
>>
I've been tempted to go the van-life route in the past, but it's not going to happen, inasmuch as I am gainfully employed, married, and own a house.

That said, I do still like the idea of kitting out a big ford transit into a nice stealth camper. Some day if I have an extra $40k or so laying around I might do it just to have a project to work on (I wouldn't do it cheaply, because /expensive tastes/etc. :/ ).
>>
>>57412471
the cat makes it 4,000x more comfy than it should be, in fact, not even do-able without a cat or dog.
>>
It has always been my dream to have a houseboat with a tricked out battlestation in it. Major concern would be access to high-speed internet though. Most docks from what I gather have communal internet, and if they are anything like hotels then it is likely terrible.

My cat would likely not be too happy eiither
>>
>>57412678
Well, I would swap out the cat or dog for a full body pillow, but I agree, you need something to cuddle up with.
>>
There have been a lot of van threads lately. What do van dwellers do for money?
>>
>>57413078
Make youtube videos, then embed them on their 4chan posts to get viewership up and increase their advertising income.
>>
>>57413078
remote working is very viable nowadays... so that.
>>
>>57412907

>>57412471
This video gives me hope for my cat
>>
>>57411594
This is very appealing to me but where would I shower and use the toilet? Unlike most of you I take daily showers and do not utilize piss jugs.
Also, is 4g antenna good enough for online games?
>>
>>57413552
For something van sized you're not going to get away with more than a camping shower or portable toilet, however I would probably stick to public restrooms/truck stop showers or whatever was on the campsite, along with wet wipes and the like. Storing enough water to do so regularly and to heat it would be difficult. Gym Membership is one of the more common solutions as they have fairly nice showers/bathrooms and are fairly common.

Also keep in mind that doing a more proper install of electricals is going to be fairly difficult especially if you're running a computer and want it to look nice like the stealth sprinter or something.

4g would probably be enough, but if you're taking advantage of the mobility a van gives you coverage would probably be an issue depending on carrier/region.

Also consider a RV, even a smaller one solves a lot of those issues due to it's size, but looses the "stealth" aspect. If you don't need the small size of the camper it's probably the better option.
>>
>>57413822
Walmart bathroom + gym membership showers with van seem viable.
One can drive to gym every morning to exercise, take shower, brush teeth, etc.
Around noon, drive to closest walmart for bathroom use.
seems like a nice life if you don't plan on having a family tbqh
>>
>>57414051

If you're going to have a routine like that, why not just have an apartment or a house though? I get it if you're "going nomad" or whatever, but if you're going to the same gym, same walmart, same etc over and over again, I'd rather just spend a little more and have a normal living place where I can take a shit indoors whenever I feel like it.
>>
>>57414109
for me, it'll be same routine in different cities/states. Obviously not for everyone
>>
>>57411594
Not enough space.

Whenever you want to stretch your legs and move around you're going to be forced to go outside and that's disgusting. Sometimes the weather is going to be too cold, too hot, or raining and you aren't going to want to go outside.

Being a neetfaggot living at home, I have an entire house to move around in and have an indoor weight set. You have to have some square footage to move around in, living in a van would never work out unless you absolutely loved the great outdoors.
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 289x80px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 289x80px
>The average life has become so shit people prefer living in vans.

Will domestic life improve or will people start living out inna woods? captcha for this post vaguely related.
>>
>>57412471
You could just go to a cheap gym whenever you want to shower/take a shit.
>>
File: back-outside-laptop.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
back-outside-laptop.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Been there, done that.
>>
>>57411594
>Oil leak in my alternator
u wot m8? I'm no mechanic but I'm pretty sure the alternator doesn't use the engine's oil system.
>>
Do you realize how normies percieve vans like that from the outside? You will be labeled almost always as a molester.
>>
>>57416051
Maybe he meant oil is leaking onto his alternator? That's a failure mode on several vehicles I know of, typically on engines with a very compact design where the alternator is mounted on the side of the engine block so when the rubber valve cover gaskets fail oil spills onto the alternator.
>>
>>57416070

If you choose to live in a van, my guess is that you don't care that much what normies think about you.
>>
File: 1340244026637.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1340244026637.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>57415775
How was it?
What'd you do for overnight parking so cops wouldnt harass the shit out of you
>>
>>57411594
If you live in a city this isn't so bad, the bathroom problem is easy just go to different gas stations and shuffle it up so people don't get suspicious, as for a shower, truck stops have private showers you can pay for which are actually alot better than you'd think. All together not worth it unless your a nomad.
>>
File: 1340244971876.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1340244971876.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>57416143
>>
>>57416174
more pics of inside pls
>>
>>57413375
like what?
>>
all that effort and can't buy a $15 mic
>>
File: 1340245071409.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1340245071409.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>57416206
>>
File: RHD camper.jpg (455KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RHD camper.jpg
455KB, 998x1500px
>>57416143
I started by not living in the US, greatly limiting my exposure to rabid cops.
>>
File: 1340244745389.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1340244745389.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>57416206
This is an original post beep beep boop boop
>>
File: 1462192324124.jpg (59KB, 700x547px) Image search: [Google]
1462192324124.jpg
59KB, 700x547px
>Living the dream
>>
Living in a van sucks, especially because property owners and the city do not want you there at all. So you have to move around everyday and get kicked out by the police all the fucking time.

I ended up finding a campground that charged $200/month with full utilities, restrooms/showers, and wifi. It sucked paying $200/month when I literally made $400/month but it was way better then getting woken up by the police two or three times a week.
>>
>>57416492

If you do van living in the US, you need a windowless van and/or blackout curtains.
>>
File: in-the-forest-by-a-mountain.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
in-the-forest-by-a-mountain.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>57416409
Also staying away from cities makes life a lot more enjoyable.
>>
>>57416390
>>57416450
thanks m8. what powers the fridge, tv, etc?
>>
File: IMG_0106.jpg (725KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
725KB, 2048x1536px
>>57416450
TFW no giant Amerivan
>>
>>57416454
That actually looks pretty great, the no responsibilities and freedom
>>
>>57416454
>tfw no one will bother in public because they know you given up on life
>>
>>57416614
is that a solar panel?
also, where do you usually park if not in u.s
>>
>>57412907
Problem with houseboats are molding/rusting issues. Due to the water damage.

I wonder how the van trouble would be dealt with.
>>
>there are people on /g/ who still don't know who FF is
https://www.youtube.com/ffcossag
>>
>>57416492
Is that what you call free in US ?
I parked my car in a public free parking lot here in Canada, and left it there while on a trip abroad for 3 weeks.
Everything was in there, nothing, not even a scratch. No fines by the cops or anything.

Not that I cared, its a 1990 toyota camry, but still.
>>
>>57416768
whats the little guy ?
hp what ?
>>
File: 28387210.jpg (92KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
28387210.jpg
92KB, 407x405px
>>57411704
>>
This one time I was in Arizona, travelling all the way from Las Vegas in 2 days, visiting all the shit along the way. And I was so burned out by the road that I forget I never booked a hotel or anything, and I bought 7 day pass for the Grand Canyon, so the day I got there it was 5 pm or so, I looked all around the thing, it was HUGE and so beautiful.
I really forgot I have no place to stay, and I got lucky overhearing at one of the parking lots that is illegal to stay in the parking lot during the night, you have to go to the camper stuff only, but there is aditional fees and so on etc. also only 4 wheel drive allowed to enter. No regular cars allowed inside.

And when I checked the only free hotel back in the town, it was $ 400 a night for 4 ppl room, and I was alone, so fuck that, I went back in the park and asked one of the rangers is there a place where I can sleep in my car at night, he was kind and told me anywhere is OK as long as I am outside the park, and not on private property or public road.

So I went down the road outside town, and just parked my car behind few trees and bushes, ate some jerky and had 2 tall boys and went to sleep, got woke up at 5 am from the rain. At 5:15 stopped and soon the sun went out.

Beautiful again.
So I went to the park, and had a breakfast at the stool where the cabins are, pretending I am from the guests. Got nice big cup of coffee and took a shit in the public bathroom.

By 7 or so I was out again in the canyon.
All in all by 4-5 or so I went everywhere, where I can with the car.
So I went to my way back, since I didnt want to spend another night in the woods freezing or 400 bucks, plus the car rent was due 2 days after.

At around 9 pm or so i was in Kingman, went to the first free motel and had the best sleep ever, I was so tired. Next day I went to Las Vegas, cleaned the car, filled the gas tank and returned it.
>>
>>57417350
My point is, its amazing.
I wish I had the chance to do this again. Soon maybe.

So I can imagine how cool would it be to live in a van, travelling around and so on.
>>
I feel that this might actually be pretty comfy. It feels like the main problem would be electricity, I could probably use university's bathrooms/showers.
>>
File: 1421680853784.jpg (49KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1421680853784.jpg
49KB, 550x535px
I would never be able to live in a van myself, as I have a fear of pooping on any unfamiliar toilet.

Seems like a really relaxed way to live, good luck to all you vandwelling anons
>>
>>57416454
Is the gochiusa footage real or photoshopped?
>>
>>57411704
I was a truck driver for about 4 months and i just shit in small boxes and empty to-go plates and threw them out the fucking window.

Also pissed in empty bottles.

Made great time.
>>
File: IMG_0014.jpg (665KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.jpg
665KB, 2048x1536px
>>57416825
Yes. And all over the place. I avoid cities.

>>57417017
A 2760p.
>>
>>57419761

I had and used a catbox in my rig, you fucking nasty fuck.
>>
>>57411594
>tfw i could do this because NEET if i somehow got together the cash to get a van
>>
>>57421277
It really does take way too much time to stop everytime you have to use the toilet. By the time you get into the truck stop and find a slot to park in and then wait in line for the toilet you've already wasted an hour.

Much easier to just pull on the shoulder of the highway drop trowl and unload into a box or a bottle and your back on the road in less than 5 minutes.

Who cares about the mess that's whay the chain gangs are for.
>>
>>57416390
dat ps2
NICE
>>
>>57411594
It seems fun to do. Thinking about what to get and put into a van is like an advanced version of me as a kid looking through Service Merchandise catalogs and looking at camping gear.

I don't think I could actually do it though because I'm way too spoiled living in my house.
>>
>>57413552
Toilet is outside/public/portable toilets (they suck). Showers can be complex and integrated into the vehicle or simple camp showers that you heat up with the sun.
>>
>>57414051
Why on earth do you need to brush your teeth at a gym?
>>
>>57416721
Hopefully deep cycle batteries with an decent PSW inverter, but I've seen people run Home Depot shitwave inverters off of their starting batteries which is not something you should ever do.
>>
>>57415775
Nice Elitebook! I'm glad to see someone with the same laptop as me.
>>
>>57421963
you're right, I'll probably do that at home (van) after breakfast lol
>>
>>57416454
that looks like my country, is this from Sao Paulo, Rio, or Minas Gerais?
>>
>>57416492
curious, what law are you breaking?

you used to move daily and people would still get bothered with a new car visible thru their windows and call cops without even seeing the car not moving for a couple days?

how could one be even sure there was a person inside anyways?

i imagine i would try leaving my van in the same spot for a few days in a roll just to see cops show up and break into my car in the middle of the night
>>
>>57423881
well if the place you're parked is private property they have the right to tell you to gtfo. A lot of businesses are suspicious of anyone parked in the corner of the lot after hours, since they figure you're up to no good.

At least in my corner of Burgonia (though I think it's like this in a lot of places) municipal lots don't want you either. Plenty of them have "X hour limit" posted, because they want the spaces available for people who're coming downtown to spend money. And, again, because they figure that something's fishy if a vehicle gets left there overnight.

Supposedly cops are more lenient about this shit at rest stops though, since although they don't want you parked there sleeping, they really don't want drowsy drivers. This is why you can see trucks parked on exit ramps on rural freeways even though that's illegal pretty much everywhere. The cops generally don't bother them if they aren't obstructing traffic.
>>
File: 349.png (14KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
349.png
14KB, 800x600px
>>57421230

That looks like Iceland.

>>57416614

This specifically looks like a spot near Hvaleyrarvatn. Am I wrong?
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.