[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WPA2 Security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: playstation4_image.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
playstation4_image.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck is wrong with Sony?

I have a new roommate and his PS4 requires the fucking standardized WPA2 key to be A LOT shorter than it used to be.

How is this even possible? I thought WPA2-PSK allows for 63 signs?

How can a fucking console, where you think it has to adhere to the standards, just say "meh ~25 is secure enough for you".

And how is this not even an issue on the Internetz? I only found out that it has to be short by trial and error and upon further googling found like two mentions of this in the replies of a thread on the PSN boards.

What the actual shit Sony?
Or am I the only one using strong randomly generated passwords?
>>
>>57410526
My WPA2 key is nine characters and has never been cracked.
>>
>>57410542
you've convinced me, changed mine to eight....

what the fuck dude?
>>
You're in the minority. Most people don't have passwords that long. Also for a PS4, it's really just better to have a wired connection.
>>
>>57410555
Why would you make a 63 character pass phrase anyway? The point of it is to be something you would be able to remember rather than the 64 character key.
>>
>>57410559
This nigga's got a point.
>>
>>57410559
He didn't want the cable, but I don't think he will have issues with the Ubiquiti APs. Anyhow I don't really give a shit about his gaymen experience.

>>57410568
Why would I want to remember passwords? The only pass-phrase I remember is that of my password manager. And my roomates have it in their SMS inbox, where they won't be inclined to actually write it down somewhere since it's so fucking long.
Also they never give it out to guests, because it is so long as an added bonus. Effectively making guests use the actual guest network.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.