[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It has been a few years since the last time you took a weather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: yanet-garcia11.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
yanet-garcia11.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
It has been a few years since the last time you took a weather report seriously.

Has the technology improved?
>>
i've posted shit that's more relevant to technology than this and they all get deleted.
>>
>>57408250
>news networks no longer hold a monopoly on the Weather Industryâ„¢ so the weather women have to get hotter and hotter to keep interest
How will the weather channel ever compete?
>>
>>57408286
>>
>>57408250
You have to undestand how things work:
The digital model (take your pick: NOGAPS, ECMWF, homebrew Cuda-based) runs every 12 hours.
The run is seeded with actual observations at the runtime. Gaps in coverage are filled from the previous run.
At some time after the run (depends on the model), forecasts will appear, usually at 3-hour intervals WRT to the runtime.
The forecaster(s) will look at the model for the actual time they're at. If it seems reasonable, they'll use those forecasts. If it's wrong, they'll use their own forecasting skills (or lack thereof...) to make the forecast.
tl;dr - Check several weather sites and look at RADAR and satellite shots - they aren't forecasts and reflect reality...
>>
>>57408286
Anime and/or desktop threads are not technology related. >>>/soc/ >>>/a/ >>>/lgbt/ >>>/mlp/ >>>/pol/
>>
AccuWeather seems to be quite accurate with temperatures (both actual and perceived), but hit and miss with precipitation
>>
Thing with weather.... It depends where you live on how predictable it will be.
Some places you can see everything forming days out. Other places have more factors and the weather is more random so the reports are less useful
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufhg2TM-QW4

these are the only weather reports worth watching
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.