[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cyb/ - The Cyberpunk General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 66

File: 1476051008827.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1476051008827.png
1MB, 1000x667px
These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources <<<
"Dead" Links: http://pastebin.com/ZCypghZf
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Cyberpunk
Archive: >>>>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&search_subject=Cyberpunk
Zeronet: https://zeronet.io/
Freenet: https://freenetproject.org/

Suggestions for new resources are welcome.

The TOX and IRC groups appear to be dead, as of now.
Are new ones in order?

>>> Old Pasta <<<
https://github.com/Tracerneo/Cyberpunk-General
>>
new irc when
>>
>>57405964
Not sure. I don't know shit about IRC, so I doubt I could set one up myself.

These threads have fallen out of popularity though, so I'm not sure if anyone else even cares enough to make one.

;-;
>>
bump pls revive, /cyb/ irc was awesome a few years ago
>>
>>57405964
>>57406126
freenode is the biggest IRC network, and there is another /g/ channel there already (#sqt , https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt )
also, there are lots of infosec-related channels there...
>>
What should we discuss tonight?
>>
I wish the people making cyberpunk threads had a fucking clue how technology worked.
>>
>>57405836
Let's discuss distributed networking?
City wide opt in Meshnet when?
>>
anyone using the lattest mysql vuln?
>>
Irc: #/g/tech on free node
> uses monofilament garrote to strangle OP for not knowing this
>>
>>57406549
Oops. Its #/g/punk
>>
>>57406549
I seriously hope you are up from now on and don't quit, can't access IRC right now but wish to join sometime
>>
>>57406469
ok, so cyb is not the infosec thread, I get it.
>>
>>57406419
>>57406463
Distributed networking is nice, but I'm not familiar. Even so, how plausible to have long range wi-fi connection available?
>>
>>57406549
I-I'm sorry, Anon...
>>
File: 1434833168766.gif (374KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1434833168766.gif
374KB, 500x281px
>>
I've always loved the /cyb/ threads and I wish there was more, for a while there I felt at home

when this election finishes I'm sure more people will go cyb, authoritarians coming in from both sides so it's pretty much guaranteed that all kinds of shit will be done in the name of freedom
>>
>>57406903
>freedom

Freedom for who?
>>
>>57406954
>asking a rhetorical question made to make some privileged fuck feel uncomfortable
im not /pol/ and you're not tumblr so knock that shit out
>>
https://funhaus.github.io
>>
File: 1455200176662.gif (2MB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1455200176662.gif
2MB, 500x501px
Not sure if this is cyb, but I have a strange idea that I'd really like to pursue but I need some helping fleshing it out.

The story begins with the README for some AI-centered programming language, developed by a professor at a prestigious research university, apparently cut short for some unexplained reason. However, a very straightforward tutorial is included alongside a working compiler.
The reader is strongly urged to try the tutorial, closely following the code examples. However, when you run the code yourself, it's ouput doesn't exactly match that of the tutorial...
At one point, you try the code
for i in 1..5
print "i = " i

But instead of getting
i = 1
i = 2

you get
i = 1
i = 2
i = 3
ca
i = 4 n you
i = 5 hear me?

Something in the compiler itself is trying to talk to you... and as you progress the tutorial, you learn a way to talk back
>>
>>57406419
Urbit
>>
Is this the /cyb/ outcast from lainchan general?
>>
>>57406375
>, there are lots of infosec-related channels there
Any good recommendations?
>>
/cyb/ is back?
>>
>>57407617
I like this, and maybe cyb
>>
>>57407921
##security , #r_netsec , #metasploit
ask in those channels for more recommendations
>>
>>57407942

it is if I have anything to do with it
>>
>>57407617
I saw this on lain not sure if you are the same person or just copy/pasted to bump the thread but this would work better in visual form using something like https://asciinema.org/

reading that as static text on the page I know what you're going for but my suspension is not disbelieved whereas if I'm seeing a typical python repl in real time and text started coming out like it was fucking haunted I might jump and be engaged by this ghost in the shell

you could make a real program that starts "typing" messages to stdout/stderr as if someone were trapped in the computer but people would think it's malware and delete it/warn others before your story gets told.
>>
>>57407617
Just like make a game.
>>
>>57408283
>I saw this on lain
Same person, shamelessly.

>whereas if I'm seeing a typical python repl in real time and text started coming out like it was fucking haunted I might jump
Yes true, I wasn't planning on doing a REPL but now I agree that that's the way to go. And everyone loves juice and colors.

>but people would think it's malware and delete it/warn others before your story gets told
This is one of my worries, other worry is that people would lose interest / do something wrong before it even begins. Or just not making it engaging enough.

>>57408369
ok.
maybe I'll get started planning some puzzles & a term emulator front end (probably web).
>>
>>57407617
>Something in the compiler itself is trying to talk to you
Interpreter, not compiler, for the example you gave.

Your core demographic is going to nitpick at this sort of stuff. If you don't already have a background in programming languages, I suggest reading up on the theory.
>>
File: 1473885358516.gif (1MB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473885358516.gif
1MB, 350x500px
one last stroke
>>
>irc appears to be dead
There are 110 people in irc at the moment. We're pretty active, a group of us are going 33c3 together this year
>>
not technology, fuck off
>>
>>57411812
>Thread is about the future of, and applications of, technology and computers
>not technology
Don't like it? Fuck off. No one is forcing you to be here.
>>
>>57406463
do you cjdns?

to op (our dear freind):

if we are worried about irc's and tox groups not exisiting, then it is simple for lack of looking, not for lack of being.

the wired is a vast place and yet so small. one can easily roam across it, but miss the details, the finer intricacies. a community can sit neatly nestled in its own self, hidden from the outside without particular effort even.

seldom do we find those communities from looking in broad areas. only when we move into a smaller community, do those other places, those fascinating places become apparent, visible. and then among them the world suddenly feels so small, so full of freinds and kindred spirits and the wider world, it melts away into irrelevance.

==love lain==
>>
>>57406469
Exploiting vulns to expose corruption is cyb. A mysql exploit could be an important step in that process.
>>
>cyb
this is a consumer electronics board
>>
cyberadio.pw:8000 is back motha fucka's or has been for a little bit, add in the next thread op if anyone remembers.
>>
File: cancer.gif (4MB, 426x284px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.gif
4MB, 426x284px
>>
>>57415412
You do realize why systemd exists right?
>>
>>57407617
this is an awesome idea, i could see something like a "call of cthulu" vibe with it, kinda as if you uncover his notes as you go on and get closer to the truth. very cool
>>
>>57415852
I don't give a fuck you piece of drek, I just like that jiff
>>
>>57414467
What do you need to play?

Can't open it in browser or in VLC.
>>
>>57416214
>>57414467
Nvm

cyberadio.pw worked in-browser.

To play in your player of choice use cyberadio.pw:8000/stream
>>
File: 1446040039042.jpg (523KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1446040039042.jpg
523KB, 1920x1280px
I'm looking into repurposing a kernel from a hobby OS into my own real time OS for ARM.

What are you working on /cyb/?
>>
Anybody dumpster diving in here? In my city we have a fairly large dumpster diving community and some people made a map.
I haven't dumpster dived for over a year and I've only really done it for free food.
>>
>>57416544
I really want to try this, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere worth trying in my area
>>
File: JFPrxko.png (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JFPrxko.png
579KB, 1920x1080px
>>57416565
I just biked around to different supermarkets. If you live in a city with 50k people then there should be atleast a couple of places to dumpsterdive at.
Also, It's really great doing it in the winter as the food won't spoil as easily. And wear gloves!
>>
Which backpack should i buy /CYB/, I am looking for a good hardshell.
>>
>>57416622
Hmm, is it wise to be looking for food? Anyway, I was thinking more discarded tech and stuff.
>>
>>57416789
People are 2gud at recycling where I live so they turn it in at the recycle stations which are heavily monitored. And it's a felony to take stuff from there.
If you live in a place where people don't recycle as much then you could check containers behind companies and public institutions.
>>
>>57416233
cyberadio is so schway
>>
>>57415412
this gave me genuine cancer
>>
>>57416828
I live in a shithole so maybe my chances are okay.

>>57416936
No u
>>
BUMP !!! I like this Board, it is really wet and niceeee!
>>
htll dot info is a schway place for cyb peeps and infosec enthusiasts...
>>
>>57407875
Elaborate
>>
>>57416894
Listening to it now.

Grendel - Rise is on at the moment.
>>
>>
I think this is a cool track.

http://jaykay47.bandcamp.com/track/kaori-and-kai
>>
>>57416627
Buy second hand military day pack. Put a solar charger and battery in the pockets.
>>
>>57406375
I'd like to hang out there but I'm banned. I sometimes can be seen on the various rizon channels but ironically not freenode.

I might set up the gentoomen network later or something.
>>
>>57418399
not cyberpunk
>>
>>57419248
Unless you're already eating ramen and cereal daily, you can spend less on food and you can probably find somewhere cheaper to live. Then you can save that money for a cheap ass trackfone. Have you applied for the FAFSA?
>>
>>57419193
why not?

The album seems cyberpunk to me.
>>
>>57419248
I can send you mine after I buy a Redmi 4.

You gonna pay for shipping from Europe?

It's a Moto E (2nd gen).
>>
>>57419346
I'll take anything. My email is [email protected] if you want to contact me
>>
File: piphone-625x350[1].jpg (53KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
piphone-625x350[1].jpg
53KB, 625x350px
>>57419248
Or just go without a phone? Millennials.
>>
>>57411255
Which channel is it
>>
>>57419367
sent ;)
>>
There used to be a lainchan zine before but it turned out to shit on two or three issues ("how to do illegal things without being caught","guide to get free stuff from garbages","don't like someone? Put sugar in his car gas tank!").
Now that black guy drama queen admin is gone, maybe this chan will become browsable.
>>
>>57415852
Because "it's not the 80s anymore and UNIX philosophy doesn't hold anymore. And why do you care, you weren't old enough to use a computer when RMS shitposted GNU manifestos. Future is binary logs and big monolithic init system written in C."?
>>
>>57419563
>big monolithic init system written in C
It's written in C? Nice!
>>
>>57419303
food is my lowest expense how are you that broke, I'm paying less in food a month than my car insurance for a stock Subaru outback ($140)
[spoiler]this post isnt cyb sry[/spoiler]
>>
Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner movies are coming out. Reminder, wage slaves, you are expected to consume them.
>>
>>57411812
>>57414377
thanks for bumping the thread senpai
>>
>>57419783
They've already been out for over 20 years...
>>
>>57419904

No no no no, you don't understand! They're coming out with new stunning visual effects and high speed action that will leave you at the edge of your seat! Sure, the plot will probably be predictable garbage, the characters unrelateable and boring, but it has the nostalgic titles you remember!
>>
>>57417409
The idea [1], the history [2], and the purpose of Urbit [3] are cyberpunk.

[1] A fully distributed and decentralized networking protocol/virtual machine/programming language/operating system.
[2] The inventor of Urbit is revealed to also be the infamous pseudonymous founder of an exotic political philosophy centered around replacing decadent modern countries with lean and mean "sovereign corporations" defended using crypto-locked weapons. He becomes an outcast in the Silicon Valley because of it.
[3] To replace the technological hodgepodge that is the current Internet and the World Wide Web with an elegant "Marian" system to last us millions of years.
>>
>>57420507
so you've never seen Ghost in the Shell or Blade Runner?
>>
>>57419766
Legit the only good thing that shit has
>>
someone get on the gopher BBS with me! mother fuckers!
>>
This drek is so not schway
>>
File: pelican cases.jpg (198KB, 1500x1289px) Image search: [Google]
pelican cases.jpg
198KB, 1500x1289px
>>57416627
you are in luck. i just got done with a weeklong windowshopping spree looking for my new backpack, so i have info galore to share

first of all, you should be directing your inquiries to startpage.com. it is not cyberpunk to use botnet services without complete anonymity on the user's end, which i will assume you cannot do. my queries were "hard backpack", "cyberpunk backpack", "military grade backpack", "secure backpack", etc., (along with those "(x #) backpacks you need to see!" videos on Youtube); i pored through the images looking for designs i liked.

a lot of the hardshell backpacks have horrendously low capacity. they are also typically built to carry drones. as such, i wrote them off almost immediately. if you want a daily backpack with the same durability but a better capacity, you can--and this advice is STRICTLY FOR NON-POORFAGS--buy a Pelican case (or the Pelican backpack) in the dimensions desired and then go buy the backpack straps that some guy designed and sells for select models. if you go that route, keep in mind that it will be expensive, but you may never need to buy another backpack again. also, it takes some time to integrate and separate the straps and they remove the wheel functionality of your case.

cont...
>>
File: 5.11 rush 72hr tactical backpack.jpg (314KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
5.11 rush 72hr tactical backpack.jpg
314KB, 1500x1500px
>>57423372
>it is not cyberpunk to use botnet services without complete anonymity
despite this, I did most of my windowshopping on Amazon. it's almost necessary as pretty much all suppliers of the next backpacks i will discuss, tactical backpacks, sell through Amazon and Amazon exclusively (or for the most part).

if you don't find the pelican case option appealing, you can go for tactical backpacks. whether they are cyberpunk or not depends on your aesthetic. you might be more attracted to the smart backpack meme than i am, for instance. but if you share my taste then i would say check these links out

Best Tactical Backpack in 2016 - Rangermade
http://www.rangermade.net/best-tactical-backpack/
The Best Tactical Backpacks for 2016 - Best Hiking
http://besthiking.net/best-tactical-backpacks-for-2015/
The Ultimate Guide to Military Backpacks
http://militarybackpackguide.com/

I just saved you a week of having to slog through dozens of webpages and review sections trying to find which tactical backpack is best for you.

if you plan on seriously loading this pack and using it on a regular basis, then do not buy chinkshit. do not buy a backpack that costs less than $50 USD, but really you should be suspicious of anything not in at least the $80-$100 range (except Direct Action brand, which seems to be just a fashion brand--look at the native capacity and see how low it is compared to others in the same price range).

that's not all i have to say, but it's enough, i guess. i myself have decided to go with the 5.11 72 hour backpack, for $160. the reviews are good, the style is simplistic enough, the capacity is great and the design will suit my needs.
>>
File: oqo_model_01_plus_top_view.jpg (72KB, 425x306px) Image search: [Google]
oqo_model_01_plus_top_view.jpg
72KB, 425x306px
Yo rp'ers, let's try and keep this mostly /g/-related, though I'd love some quality /fa/ggoty, /mu/ronic, crossposts.

So I do some thinking about anti-botnet setups.
> #1 cyb browser?
GNU IceCat
The addon functionality of FF-based browsers is why that family is king when it comes to power-users. Apparently there are immense security issues with Gecko based browsers, but if you properly configure your browser (never use Vanilla), and always keep the latest version of Common Sense antivirus running, you should be fine. Chromium-based browsers are botnet (except ungoogled) and crippled by design. The other browsers are immature and require extensive knowledge of programming in order to make them truly great.

> #1 cyb OS?
Qubes OS, so I hear, or a Whonix VM running in a properly de-botnetted GNU/Linux host.

> #1 cyb machine?
Anything librebooted, really. Or you can have a a really high specs machine that can't connect to the web and is only used for its computing power, but this would need to be in addition to another computer which is your daily driver.
>>
>>57419193
yes it is, fag

it sounds awful, but it's cyberpunk

I myself personally favor neurofunk and jungle over this 80's nostalgia meme shit that so many 4cucks seem to love
>>
File: it's-missing-the-trackpad.png (530KB, 618x968px) Image search: [Google]
it's-missing-the-trackpad.png
530KB, 618x968px
i don't think smartphones are /cyb/

you should just get a tracfone like the LG 44x and use a laptop because mobile OS's just can't be taken seriously in terms of functionality. literally no reason to use them
>>
>>57416443
I'll be learning how to flash my Thinkpad T500 I just got and learning how to install GNU/Linux on an OQO 01+. I also need to spend more time prepping my setup in for a distro in virtual machines before I make the long-awaited switch from Win7.

>>57414377
you can't do /cyb/ stuff without consumer electronics
>>
File: header.jpg (27KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27KB, 460x215px
Just finished City of Chains, a cyberpunk rpg I picked up in a 99¢ rpgmaker bundle during the steam summer sale. It's actually not bad and can be picked up for cheap during sales. About 10 hours with a good story. Recommended. http://store.steampowered.com/app/412170/
>>
>>57406903
nobody has anything quality to contribute

it deserves to die if the only people interested in the genre are demi-normies that actually can't into tech
>>
DDoSs are flying, both against wikileaks, and against potential enemies, in support to them

shit's getting fun
>>
>>57420507
hey, it's not like Blade Runner or GitS had plot
>>
File: 1478464433984.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478464433984.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>57416407
>>
why are you fags not in irc
>>
>>57424209
Probably because IRC channels are nothing but drama.
>>
>>57424209
I'm the tail end of Gen Y
>>
>>57423715
Wait, are you serious? Do you know what plot is?
>>
Reminder to use encryption on everything
>>
>>57421119
>C
>good
>>
File: 7BIlFccT.jpg (17KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
7BIlFccT.jpg
17KB, 400x327px
>>57425487
>>
>>57405836
Rename to underage general.
>>
File: _.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
_.png
325KB, 480x716px
>>57426405
>>
File: ouch.jpg (219KB, 800x344px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
219KB, 800x344px
>>57426527
>>
File: shinji.png (224KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
224KB, 580x435px
>be me, late January 2014
>felt bored of /g/
>pulled up archived copypasta of 90s Hacker General from a year before
>decide to update and post it for kicks
>holy shit it catches on
>anons rename it "/cyb/: the cyberpunk general"
>get pointed to #/g/punk on rizon; [shitposting intensifies]
>decide to maintain the general and installgentoo wiki article for a time
>drama
>lose interest; nobody else wanting to commit to a hipster ideal
>move on to lainchan; am become reflection of sad robot man
>still peruse /g/; notice a /cyb/ general once in a blue moon
Cyberpunk is dead, chummers; this thread is a shitshow.
>>57405836
>Are new ones in order?
The TOX group and its IRC gateway haven't existed since 2014 iirc; the original IRC still exists, but has since moved to SSL only.
>>
>>57420866
Oh wow.
It's fucking nothing coming from an ignorant person.
>>
>>57428110
Cool story wigger
>>
>>57419472
He was a mullato.
>>
So is VPN + Signal still the best way to make voice calls from Android while leaving a minimum amount of metadata? I figure you can't beat triangulation unless you rely solely on wifi, so until Tox becomes more mature, that's our best bet. Of course, there's the problem of if AOSP is really secure even without using the Google's Play services walled garden.
>>
>>57419472
>There used to be
It still exists; there are only three issues. Junk has been the only one curating. A couple lainons are still interested in contributing; shoot him up with a strongly-worded email if you're that butthurt.

http://lainzine.neocities.org/

The group-buy for physical copies of all three issues has come close to fruition and is expected to order and ship pretty soon. Those articles you're complaining about were examples of lifestylism; even now there are vandwelling threads, squatting threads and homelessness threads. Just because the "black guy drama queen admin" who embodied these hardships no longer has an active part in the community doesn't mean those sensibilities are gone forever.
>>
>>57428138
Explain.
>>
>>57420866
Okay.

But what actually *is* Urbit?
>>
>>57406126
>/Cyb/
/Thread
>>
>>57405836
Anybody got that wallpaper without the horrendous green /cyb/?
>>
>>57406360
Hear, hear.

We had the golden age with Blade Runner, Stirling and Gibson, Silver age with Stephenson, Bronze age with Matrix and Richard K. Morgan and his Altered Carbon. What is next?

>>57406419
CRISPR could become the vehicle for the next humans, homo futuris, and hot trade in illegal genetic mods.

Imagine if someone comes up with the mod that increases intelligence, improves memory and removes need for sleep. I am sure many would ban that instantly.

It could also make for human-electric brain interfaces. The ones we have now are no good for long term use.
>>
>>57416443
9front must be the most 4chan compatible system out there. Also Menuet and Kolibri are both suitably autistic with pure assembly programming for the entire OS.
>>
File: BlurredLineTitle.png (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BlurredLineTitle.png
15KB, 320x240px
>>57423584
You'd better play A Blurred Line, pal. It's a fucking classic, buddy.
>>
>>57423494
> cyb browser
Definitely GNU IceCat with the proper addons

> cyb OS
A bit of a controversial subject there but I wouldn't say Qubes has the last word. A skillful lad could transform a source based distro into a powerful tool, I totally see using chroots and KVMs for increased safety

> cyb machine
I agree with the libreboot thing, also Snowden urged to increase the layers of security to emend the closed source hardware that can potentially be backdoored, but I'd argue we need an open source hardware movement to create trusted comms and computers. The "open source ecology" initiative is up for even more
>>
>>57424209
can't go right now, just wait a week more dammit
>>
>>57432180
>>>57406360
>Hear, hear.
>We had the golden age with Blade Runner, Stirling and Gibson, Silver age with Stephenson, Bronze age with Matrix and Richard K. Morgan and his Altered Carbon. What is next?
>>>57406419
>CRISPR could become the vehicle for the next humans, homo futuris, and hot trade in illegal genetic mods.
my nigga, gengineering is going to happen, either we get this wide available or we face a nightmare of genetically enhaced elites who banned the use of mods to the rest of mankind
>Imagine if someone comes up with the mod that increases intelligence, improves memory and removes need for sleep. I am sure many would ban that instantly.
call DARPA, they are working on that, for the military (and probably their partners). Don't believe me? google it
>It could also make for human-electric brain interfaces. The ones we have now are no good for long term use.
another thing under heavy research, perhaps this will benefit by the brain research endeavour propelled by obama
>>
>>57428110
>90s Hacker General
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/42999737#p43001960

here's your (You), sorry it took 2.3 years
>>
Keep it alive, chummers
>>
>>57406419
Any android /cyb/ approved app?
>>
File: tumblr_o947j5APLR1uqrdeoo1_1280.jpg (632KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o947j5APLR1uqrdeoo1_1280.jpg
632KB, 1000x667px
>>57431912
um
here, anon

I think I should stop with these threads. It generally just makes me feel like nothing I do will ever be good enough for anyone. Nothing against you personally.

Fuck, I just can't deal with criticism lately. This isn't like me.
>>
File: 1478574418691c.jpg (4MB, 10000x4947px)
1478574418691c.jpg
4MB, 10000x4947px
I hate /pol/ but they're getting pretty /cyb/ currently. A lot of it is circumstantial schizo /x/ tier, but there are certainly some interesting connections if you keep digging and sift out the LARPers
>>
File: 1478576320617.jpg (2MB, 4961x7016px) Image search: [Google]
1478576320617.jpg
2MB, 4961x7016px
>>57436103
Some more, weird pictures from the Comet Ping Pong Instagram connected with Podesta
>>
>>57436020
I thought it was cool.
>>
>>57432692
Ok I will
>>
>>57436477
>>57436020
I have to agree on this, even if my word carries almost no weight.
>>
any /cyb/ MUDs? any /cyb/ text adventure
games?
>>
>>57406859
dat perfume gif
>>
>>57436020
nice blog

post more /cyb/ papes
>>
>>57406422
Physics. Now you know.
>>57408828
>on lain
Is this some specific place?
>>
>>57437625
refers to lainchan
>>
>>57437625
probably lainchan
>>
>>57423423
Do you people want hard shell back packs because of hungry games?
>>
File: 1476263406552.png (116KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1476263406552.png
116KB, 402x398px
>>57438266
No, it is that they are more secure from an environmental standpoint. If you are carrying expensive devices on your person, you want to be sure that not the downpour weather nor the hard concrete will destroy them.
>>
>>57406841
If I had the funding, I'd build a fleet of drones with solar panels, Wi-Fi signal boosters, and rPi as an access point, and blanket the area with small pirate box style boxes with a solar panel on the outside as a backup. I'd cover my entire city with the network, and make the SSID hidden so you'd have to know about it to connect, so only people that are invited have access.

Everything would be sent and received via a BitTorrent like protocol, so no data is actually stored on the drones themselves, that way if "the man" manages to take one of the drones, they won't get shit. I'd build the protocol so that immediately after the drone matches up two users, it nukes all of its records. And I'd encrypt EVERYTHING so if they take down a drone, they can't just take apart the software, modify it to record everything, and slip it back into the network. Each drone would have a unique identifier so you can't slip your own in as a MiM.
>>
>>57438444
So hard rn
>>
>>57438402
do you have one anon?

>>57438444
meshnets are schway
>>
>>57438465
No. I decided that a tactical backpack will better suit my needs. I will still be getting a Pelican case as my permanent suitcase within which my entire life will be contained, however, but it won't be the "daily driver"

>>57438444
finally a quality post
>>
>>57438444
In come groups with wifi jammers and shit on the network from a distance.

Solar panels, even good metamaterial ones, will never compete with the power of ground... power.
So if you try to up the power on your signal, you will hit a ceiling far quicker than they will.

Better to use masers or lasers if you want site2site comms.
Sure they will have weather issues, but it is better than having your drones made worthless flying metals.

An alternative would be putting them on roofs, sides of buildings and over strange places hard to get to.
Yes, this will mean you need to hang over the edge of buildings with a rope. Buckle up kid, you got some tactical placement to do.
>>
I really feel like making my own laptop.

Take apart some shit laptop I have sitting under a desk, throw in some small computer, some FPGAs, various inputs, disk readers and other stuff. Maybe... maybe even a GPU.
Then have loads of fun connecting the shit screen up, battery, trackpad... oh boy.
Or just kickstarter Ben Heck to come to my house and do it for me.

What would you put in your custom laptop?
>>
>>57407942
Yer goddamn right.
>>
File: Shun Yee Street.jpg (370KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
Shun Yee Street.jpg
370KB, 1500x843px
Hello /cyb/,

I thought I would post a couple of /cyb/ related pictures from my trip to Hong Kong in the summer.

I had a great time and HK is truly the cyberpunk city to go to. I visited many places and went to Macau, a neighboring island. It was a very unique and enjoyable experience and I hope to share it with you. I also plan on visiting Bangkok and Taipei in the future.
>>
File: HK 1.jpg (439KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
HK 1.jpg
439KB, 1500x843px
>>57439067
I found it very interesting that wildlife and vegetation found its way into every nook and cranny in the city due to the humidity. There are a lot of wild plants growing in random and unexpected parts of the city.
>>
File: 20151230_232521_3.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151230_232521_3.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>57439067
>>57439091

I like em. Post more please.
>>
File: HK 2.jpg (573KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
HK 2.jpg
573KB, 1500x843px
>>57439091
Another example of rain-forest like trees growing in the city.
>>
File: HK 3.jpg (395KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
HK 3.jpg
395KB, 1500x843px
>>57439120
One of my favourite pictures, a man sleeping on the job in his workshop. I thought it was quite funny how he was sleeping so comfortably in such a odd pose.
>>
>>57439067
I would love to go there. But only with full gas-mask gear.
I hear the air quality is horrific there, specifically with larger particulate matter than smaller.
>>
File: HK 4.jpg (1MB, 1500x2666px) Image search: [Google]
HK 4.jpg
1MB, 1500x2666px
>>57439148
There are many of these little shrines that pop up in unexpected places around the city. I thought they looked quaint with the little incense sticks and idols inside them.

>>57439156
I did not wear any breathing protection when I was walking around in the city, nor did I see anyone wearing breathing masks. The only time I saw people with breathing protection was when they were on their mopeds or cycling on the road. Hong Kong is not as bad as Shanghai or other Chinese cities. It could be because the city is surrounded by an almost jungle like forest.
>>
File: HK 5.jpg (1MB, 1500x2666px) Image search: [Google]
HK 5.jpg
1MB, 1500x2666px
>>57439222
There were also some cyberpunk looking pipes.
>>
>>57439235
>cyberpunk looking pipes.

Just popping in from page 0 to point out how appallingly cringeworthy this sentence is, and how fucking RPG you sound right now.

Stay.. whatever the fuck it is you think you are..
>>
>>57439222
Hmm, good point.
Lots of vegetation is great for killing off particulates in the air because they stick to the moisture on the leaves.

It is mostly larger matter that is the problem. Even a simple mask would work to block that anyway.
Finer stuff is pretty much everywhere, regardless.
As I type, sitting in a front room, facing a main road in to a town, windows open, near the ocean. Delicious salt, heavy metals and dust. Good for the lungs. It's hard to tell by my looks, but I'm only 173 years old.

I think New Delhi actually just became the mostly polluted area recently. I just glanced at it when flying through some headlines.
>>
File: HK 6.jpg (1MB, 1500x2666px) Image search: [Google]
HK 6.jpg
1MB, 1500x2666px
>>57439235
Another cyberpunk picture. I like the contrast between the tiny food-stand next to the skyscraper.

>>57439251
I accept everything that I post can be open to criticism.
>Stay.. whatever the fuck it is you think you are..
What do you mean by this?

>>57439264
True, I do believe the Chinese government are planning to make efforts to reduce pollution in their main cities. Chinese streets are much cleaner compared to Indian streets, for sure.
>>
>>57439297
Actually, I remember reading some company has made, quite literally, a massive pollution vacuum cleaner.
It sucks in air, filters it, spits it back out.

Fuck me, that is going to cost an arm and leg to run.

But it would be kind of neat looking through the filter bin to see what shit you collect over time.
Unlikely to be anything of significance, and less likely anything that could help pay it off by being sold to others.
There is likely more heavy-metal density on the sides of roads. (an hours sweeping can get about the size of a needle head of some metals)
>>
The Cyberpunk aesthetic is dead because everyone (including myself) is still clinging onto the idea that cyberpunk is about surrounding yourselves with CRT monitors all plugged into an old X68000 writing assembly to hack into a huge multi-corporation via serial who are running with Pentiums with MMX Technology. That also wearing leather trenchcoats and hardcase backpacks are practical and blend into the dark dystopian world. The world is different and so must be Cyberpunk, even Hong Kong are tearing down there neon signs.

Corporations aren't faceless entities that only exist in a grey tower block or on an excluded industrial park, they all have bright faced, charismatic PR people wearing business casual showing us the new manufacturing process for their new unibodies, smiling away while not mentioning the conditions these new cases are built in. That's modern cyberpunk.

And computers aren't solely used by nerds, hackers, scientists and social outcasts anymore. They're seen as a part of life and trendy, so walking around with a ThinkPad while wearing nothing but black doesn't let you blend in anywhere, so that has to go as well.

I suppose modern cyberpunk would be dressing up like the people you see on their laptops in Starbucks, with their trendy clothes and designer computers but secretly writing C in a Terminal text editor with a facebook window ready to alt-tab to when 'the man' walks past.

I suppose it's saying that you can glitz up the dystopian future to make it seem like computers are fashionable and corporations only just want to be your friend, but like the computers they sell, they're all still the same underneath. Computers still run 1s and 0s, 'the man' still wants ultimate control.

>I know it sounds retarded, I'm just putting my mental ramblings down
>>
>>57407617
>i = 1
>i = 2
>i = 3
>ca
>i = 4 n you
>i = 5 hear me?
You know this is an old plot device, right? Reminds me of one of the pars of A Future We'd Like to See.

>>57407910
>Is this the /cyb/ outcast from lainchan general?
I had the impression lainchan had imploded rather.

>>57413073
You must be new here. VRML is directly inspired by Snow Crash.
>>
Schway
>>
>>57428110
>Cyberpunk is dead, chummers
Cyberpunk was a child of its time: the 80's with Reagan/Thatcher and a crumbling Soviet Union.
Today we have soon a new POTUS, a recent UK Prime Minister and a crumbling European Union. Deja vu, anyone?
>>
>>57407617
found the thread on /lambda/, its a nice concept, but I agree that this concept is better for an interpreter not a compiler. You'll need to programmatically define when the insertions should be made, since it seems like the "can you hear me?" should be injected into the output stream during a programs execution.
>>
File: giphycheetah[1].gif (803KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
giphycheetah[1].gif
803KB, 300x197px
>>57440513
Cyberpunk fiction is getting more, not less, popular. And we are moving closer and closer, and have even hit some milestones of the technology shown in that fiction. But it IS fiction and dressing like your a character in your favorite cyberpunk fiction is a lot like dressing like your favorite fantasy characters.

And like fantasy, if you are into it, there are activities that vary from super gay, to pretty cool.

Fantasy might have things like horseback riding, historical camping, reenactments.

So cyber has cryptography, programming, music, maker culture, guns, lock picking, etc. I think all of those are pretty sweet.
>>
>>57433210
>>CRISPR could become the vehicle for the next humans, homo futuris, and hot trade in illegal genetic mods.
>my nigga, gengineering is going to happen, either we get this wide available or we face a nightmare of genetically enhaced elites who banned the use of mods to the rest of mankind
Well, that is the question, innit? In many ways also the elite will have much to gain by making mods available to all, just think of the reduced medical bills currently draining many western countries.

>>Imagine if someone comes up with the mod that increases intelligence, improves memory and removes need for sleep. I am sure many would ban that instantly.
>call DARPA, they are working on that, for the military (and probably their partners). Don't believe me? google it
I have heard the rumours, harder to find anything concrete.

>>It could also make for human-electric brain interfaces. The ones we have now are no good for long term use.
>another thing under heavy research, perhaps this will benefit by the brain research endeavour propelled by obama
Brain research might be necessary to overcome the knowledge event horizon which is getting closer. Long story short: Einstein et al. were young when they made their breakthroughs. Today you need to cover a lot of old grounds and picked low hanging fruits and researchers are old when making breakthroughs, close to retirement in some cases already. If they are retired before reaching new "fruits" then research comes crashing down.
>>
File: ZiFuqF9[1].gif (1MB, 389x310px) Image search: [Google]
ZiFuqF9[1].gif
1MB, 389x310px
Another robot cheetah gif. Wonder how long till there's a factory making these things.
>>
>>57442010
Fucking hell I've been living under a rock. Last time I checked robots could barely walk, now this.

It gives me a great big throbbing geek stiffy, but it's creepy as fuck.

>mfw might be hunted down by real life metal gears in the near future
>>
>>57442069
Look up Boston Dynamics on YT, they have a bunch of amazing robots
>>
File: kx2_large.jpg (185KB, 1600x1158px) Image search: [Google]
kx2_large.jpg
185KB, 1600x1158px
>>57438444
>Wi-Fi signal
How about trying the mildly obscure approach: IrDA? Most people have forgotten about it even though latest versions are capable of great speed. Hide them in high places and use a lily pond net topology with self routing as you drop more nodes in (using drones for delivery). Use multiple sectors and you can serve many simultaneous users who are not aware of each other.

>>57423544
>i don't think smartphones are /cyb/
Smart HF radios, other other hand, can be /cyb/. Or what do you think of around-the-world coverage on about 10 W power? Pic. related.
>>
I'll post some /cyb/ news next thread
>>
>>57405836
So does nobody have that image without the text on it? So not schway.
>>
File: mgs4images.jpg (134KB, 1110x591px) Image search: [Google]
mgs4images.jpg
134KB, 1110x591px
>>57440513
There was a term some comedian came up with when talking about spooks and blending in.
And there was a mention of, "trying so hard to blend in, you stand out a mile away."
Wish I could find it again, that sketch was hilarious.

It is true though.
If you want to blend in, you need to actually copy common fashion.
Preferably also with an under-stitch that lets you turn something inside-out and suddenly you are in entirely new clothes.
Reversible coats used to be hot shit years back. Dresses to a lesser extent.

>>57441295
>VRML
Man, that was neat as fuck back then.
I'm sure you can use VRML in MikuMikuDance. At least, I remember seeing MMD models in a VRML world.

>>57441900
Don't forget a new big bad familiar enemy: information.
Spying exploded post 9/11.

>>57442071
Didn't Google say they were selling them, or sold them? Damn shame if it were true.
Those robots were fucking awesome, and frightening.
Reminded me of those scary fucks from MGS4, the huge biped robots.
I loved the look of robots in that game. Hideos team are still the best at making robots.
New ZOE never.
>>
>>57442294
It was posted already:>>57436020
>>
>>57440513
Relevant: http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2016/10/27/the-cyberpunk-sensibility/. Also read the comments.
>>
File: 1440340443359.jpg (570KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1440340443359.jpg
570KB, 1920x1200px
Controbootin' a wallpaper
>>
>>57442769
Shit I'm such a blind sack of soykaff, my bad.

>>57436020
Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was moaning about it, I liked it too, I'm just a grumpy shithead.
>>
>>57405836
Why do you guys not just go to 4+4ch/cyber/?
It has cool CSS
>>
>>57443735
who says I don't
there are more cyberpunk boards on other imageboards but they get progressively dead
>>
>>57420866
capitalism still going to find one or another way to ruin it
>>
>>57439222
>There are many of these little shrines that pop up in unexpected places around the city.
In Japan such shrines mean someone died there, usually in an accident.

On my way to a shop I noticed one on a pedestrian island in a large intersection. While I waited for green a young woman and her very young daughter went straight to this shrine to pay their respects. Very sad.
>>
>>57433210
>gengineering is going to happen
You might want to look into "Ribofunk".

So what low hanging fruits will be picked first? Extended vision, multispectral into IR and UV, perhaps a little thermal IR? Or a third eye in the neck to make sure nobody can sneak up on you? I always wondered why we or animals lack this, could have saved some of our ancestors from becoming lion food.

Or how about extended hearing with ultrasonics? Better echolocalisation? Some can do this already, just takes a LOT of practice.

Or will people be satisfied with eradicating baldness??
>>
>>57442100
>IrDA
WiGig still much better and have longer outdoor range 3-6km only with ~200mW antenna.
>>
What are you doing here?
Honestly wondering.
>>
>>57444427
>WiGig
It is also a much more visible technology and can more easily be jammed. Some times shorter range can have advantages. Forgotten tech is also left alone, like the news:alt.cyberpunk newsgroup.

>>57444454
>What are you doing here?
Just looking at what cyberpunk is in our times.
>>
>>57444766
>much more visible technology
Don't broadcast SSID or just use anonymous wireless mesh network such Netsukuku, B.A.T.M.A.N. etc.
>>
>>57445020
You can still be seen at great distances by people using 20 dollar SDR dongles.

Also how do you overcome jamming? Optical jamming is far more visible, no pun.
>>
>>57443843
>hating capitalism
>singularity - 50 years
>>
>>57445254
>overcome jamming
Jamming is really impossible/hard thing with WiGig especially with (dynamically) directed.
Also GigaIR still have pretty questionable situation with security.
>>
>>57416894
>>57417687
A lot of grendel on there. I used to like them, but I since realized how gay cybergoth is and cannot listen to it without hearing that.
>>
>>57446012
Yeah, loads of grendel.
>>
>>57405836
bump
>>
>>57442693
>>VRML
>Man, that was neat as fuck back then.
Still kind of cool, another case of forgotten yet useful tech. The guy who created VRML described how it was destroyed by commercial infighting and politicking by companies who all expected this to be the next big thing.

>Don't forget a new big bad familiar enemy: information.
And disinformation. In Wm Gibson's books media power was a huge point too. That is a very much a good prediction of our times.

>Spying exploded post 9/11.
Politicians should fear he people, not the other way round, they said. Nobody expected politicians to "defend" themselves like this.
>>
>>57405836
Thinking about a mesh network around my small town. Maybe some day, when I have the resources.
>>
>>57439091

Looks like freerunners paradise.
>>
we cyberpunk now lads
>>
File: 29inj2-998.jpg (252KB, 998x666px) Image search: [Google]
29inj2-998.jpg
252KB, 998x666px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwzAoay_hV8&t=3597s
>>
>>57405836
>cyb
did lainchan died or something
>>
>>57447908
Sold, and /cyb/ became /sec/
>>
>>57419472
>Now that black guy drama queen admin is gone, maybe this chan will become browsable.
I went to look at the most recent threads yesterday and was greeted by walls of text about transgenderism and the patriarchy.
>>
>>57447908
With a retarded macfag for an (now ex-)admin, it's always been dead to me.
>>
>>57445652
WiGig uses 60 GHz.
Wiki:
>Compared to lower bands, radio waves in this band have high atmospheric attenuation; they are absorbed by the gases in the atmosphere. Therefore, they have a short range and can only be used for terrestrial communication over about a kilometer. In particular, signals in the 57–64 GHz region are subject to a resonance of the O2 molecule and are severely attenuated.[1] Even over relatively short distances, rain fade is a serious problem, caused when absorption by rain reduces signal strength. In climates other than deserts, absorption due to humidity also affects propagation.

>Also GigaIR still have pretty questionable situation with security.
In what way is this worse than RF tech?
>>
>>57447475
Same.

How would we implement it?
>>
>>57449556
>WiGig uses 60 GHz.
Wiki:
WiGig tri-band enabled devices, which operate in the 2.4, 5 and 60 GHz bands
>In what way is this worse than RF tech?
Lack of software/hardware encryption and other security features.
>>
>>57450795
>operate in the 2.4, 5 and 60 GHz bands
The first is a ISM band that is overloaded with everything from Bluetooth to microwave ovens. The second is mostly for indoor use. The third is not much used yet and can provide a lot of bandwidth though radars have been discussed.

>>In what way is this worse than RF tech?
>Lack of software/hardware encryption and other security features.
Encryption can be done on a higher layer. Are there other aspects you had in mind? Not trying to be awkward, just curious. And also bumping.
>>
>YFW Trump is going to ban crypto.
>>
File: 20151011_163235.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20151011_163235.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>57452983

Doubtful. Also, is nobody talking about how 4chan just memed a person into the highest office in the world? Is there anything more cyberpunk than that?
>>
>>57453237
>1488

Fuck off nazi scum.
>>
File: 20160518_232935.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160518_232935.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
>>57453423

Good goy. Consume your state sponsored propaganda. It's not like you have the largest collection of information at your fingertips or anything. Stay ignorant.
>>
File: meme[0].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meme[0].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>57407617
So Event[0]'s ending but with code?
>>
File: trumpaipac.jpg (135KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
trumpaipac.jpg
135KB, 1200x630px
>>57453437
>Good goy.

Yes, the only people against jews are nazis. Goo logic binary-brained American.

Check who your god emperor supports you moron.

I happen to hate the Jewish global hegemony and fascists, because in today's world they're one and the same.

full communism when?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-09_23-38-53.png (318KB, 607x612px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-09_23-38-53.png
318KB, 607x612px
>>57453437
go suck kike cock you stupid cuck
>>
>>57453532
>communism
>opposed to Jews

I think you meant national socialism with strong cultural and ethnic homogeneity.

>>57453554
>implying Trump wasn't the only non globalist owned candidate
>>
>>57453532

how many white supremacists voted for trump because they hated jews?
>>
>>57453532
>>57453554
Meanwhile jews accounted for over 50% of Hillary's donations, and the top 5 donators were jewish.
>>
>>57454345
Both Hillary and Trump are in the Jewish pockets. Jews would have been happy with either. Netanyahu is happy with Trump.
>>
>>57454322

Read his speech to AIPAC. He loves Israel and the Jews.
>>
>>57454401
Trump's son actually said that, if he were in charge, he would have David Duke put to death.
>>
It genuinely warms my heart to see that /g/ is still having cyberpunk generals.

Keep on you beautiful bastards.
>>
signal, redphone, tor, i2p, betternet, pia, nordvpn, degoo, mega, run your own vps offshore and paid for in bitcoin, fedora with fde, openbsd with snort, use long passwords, make neat glasses to wear around town, wear basic clothing, learn to freerun, open wifi only
>>
>>57455852
>learn to freerun

somewhat of a useless skill

most communication networks have enough silicon and carbon based sensors to keep every active agent within the network apprised of your location

even if you evaded pursuit, its only typically termporary

to increase the efficacy of free running you would need a way to either disrupt or feed bad information into their comms network
>>
what is the most cyberpunk font?
>>
File: Comic Sans.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Comic Sans.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
>>57456190
Comic Sans
>>
>>57453237
It's going to happen like this. All closed source crypto (apple, but locker and shit) will require a key to give to the feds with a court order. Idea has been going around awhile now. And control of information is something the government needs to survive. I almost can't blame them.

The whole San Bernardino phone scandale was to feel out public opinion and test the waters. It's going to happen. Question is when.
>>
>>57456190
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono

Or anything with a dot in the zero instead of a slash. Too cool.
>>
>>57419783
I'd bet anything that the new blade runner's effect will look worse than the completely non-cgi original.
>>
>>57419783
i feel like ghost in the shell is going to be complete ass and a massive shame
>>
File: 1477448105956.png (75KB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1477448105956.png
75KB, 4000x2000px
>5 days
>no good content
remind me why you all have these threads
>>
>>57456419
IBM VGA 8x16 font
>>
>>57423372
can't we just take advantage of the botnet instead of taking a less resourceful alternative? use botnet through public wifi through vpn hosted in netherlands (claims to not keep logs) through tor network to destination. Using a public wifi source that doesn't have cameras on you preferably and switching up the locations just in case someone goes through all that trouble to locate you. i'm planning to do this with a really light mesh backpack and the lg gram laptop riding a nice lightweight bike for maximum comfy. i live in a large city and public wifi access is no problem and the area is bike friendly
>>
>>57419782
i was looking to get the subru outback. don't they track them all from their headquarters and report to the state when requested on your location?
>>
I've had a script floating in my mind for a film about virtual reality for years now, and finally it's so widespread and easily available I think it may just be time. Thanks capitalism
>>
>>57452618
>The first is a ISM band that is overloaded with everything from Bluetooth
Anon, bluetooth is:
1)Short range technology
2)Haven't same wave wavelengths as Wi-Fi.
>microwave ovens
It's not funny.
>The second is mostly for indoor use.
Wave frequency and wavelength aren't same thing.
>Encryption can be done on a higher layer. Are there other aspects you had in mind? Not trying to be awkward, just curious. And also bumping.
I talked about data encapsulation...
Also IR lack of real full-duplex and...
Light(IR) can't bypassing wall/door while RF(WiFi) can:
>When roaming away from the main room, the protocol can switch to make use of the other lower bands at a much lower rate, both of which can propagate through walls.
>>
>>57456190
microgramma bold
>>
>>57458559
>>The first is a ISM band that is overloaded with everything from Bluetooth
>Anon, bluetooth is:
>1)Short range technology
Up to about 100 m, sure. Trouble is many have cell phones with Bluetooth activated. For every IOS upgrade Apple makes sure Bluetooth is turned on. Every single time. This leaves a lot of RF "smog".

>2)Haven't same wave wavelengths as Wi-Fi.
Please tell me you are joking. Hint: 2.4 GHz.

>>microwave ovens
>It's not funny.
You were not meant to stick your head inside.

>>The second is mostly for indoor use.
>Wave frequency and wavelength aren't same thing.
True. That is also why I never said so.

>>Encryption can be done on a higher layer. Are there other aspects you had in mind? Not trying to be awkward, just curious. And also bumping.
>I talked about data encapsulation...
>Also IR lack of real full-duplex and...
I am not sure that is much of a problem and if it were you could take advantage of the fact that IrDA is defined on more than one wavelength and then get full duplex.

>Light(IR) can't bypassing wall/door while RF(WiFi) can:
In the setting we are discussing that is an advantage - it means it is harder to intercept traffic.

>>When roaming away from the main room, the protocol can switch to make use of the other lower bands at a much lower rate, both of which can propagate through walls.
I am not aware of any reason why handover should not be possible for IrDA. A quick search suggests many have thought about this.
>>
File: browse_0140.png (3KB, 1023x192px) Image search: [Google]
browse_0140.png
3KB, 1023x192px
>>57456190
New Alphabet
>>
File: screenshot.4.jpg (32KB, 689x113px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.4.jpg
32KB, 689x113px
>>57456190
Elian
>>
File: 1453215010034.jpg (66KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1453215010034.jpg
66KB, 500x545px
>>57462485
I say! What on god's green am I reading?
>>
>>57456383

4th amendment disagrees with you.

But let's say they do this. People will just come up with new encryption software and/or methods.
>>
>>57462485
Far too close to Dada Urka.
>>
>>57453554
>'End of Two-state Solution'

So Usrael now becoming official?
>>
So we bringing these back or not?
>>
>>57464786
yes please
>>
>>57422019
>gopher BBS
What? How? I thought posting things on a gopher site wasn't possible.
>>
>>57456383

Time to switch to Fedora with FDE. Comey and Republican controlled everything will pass any law they want.
>>
Cyberpunk 2020 releasing when?
>>
>>57466469
2020 :p
>>
>>57466344
You can, its just more cumbersome than https
>>
>>57455852
>>57456054
maybe not advanced freerunning but

at least be in good enough shape to run a couple miles non-stop and be able to lift your own bodyweight (pull yourself up and over walls and such)

then you could expand into freerun basics like knowing how to roll out from a high jump and how to run up a wall

sure, it's not something useful for the average day but at least stay in good health to run. that and bodyweight exercises are easy and free. ride a bicycle more often, strengthen your legs. the extra freerunning crap can just be fun things to learn. expand your human capabilities.
>>
>>57423372
poorfags can afford Pelican cases easily.

you just need to be near a military base, and check their craigslist for sporting, camera, and general. I make a killing when i can score enough to keep up with demand. they are fucking awesome computer cases. you just need to refoam them, or sell them as is.

>>57423423
this weekend the HSLD OPERATOR brands are having huge sales for military gear like packs. look on /k/ for gear whore/queer threads.
>>
>>57467287
A bit disappointing when gear on a cyberpunk thread is about backpacks.

What instead of thermal infrared cameras? These are getting quite affordable these days. Combine with motors and wireless and you have something quite neat.
>>
>>57456054

Youre not in a Jason Bourne film. Ditch the phone and run.
>>
>>57405836
>Suggestions for new resources are welcome
I submitted some earlier, can't see they made it.

>https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Cyberpunk
This is way out of date. Some advice, like IR on cameras, is just plain wrong. Those actually have adjustable IR filters. And there is more.

Also blockchain should have been moved up.

Occasional activity on news:alt.cyberpunk hierarchy
Interesting projects on Cyberpunkforums.com
>>
I saw someone thought Eudemonia (NSFW) was cyberpunk. Agree? Or perhaps more "Cyberkink"?

It certainly introduced cyberspace from an unexpected angle but still...
>>
>>57405964
srsly though whats wrong with old irc? it's super active.
>>
>>57405836
These threads have died so many times and you cringelords keep reviving it.

Post this on /lit/. It has nothing to do with technology.
>inb4 [...] isn't technology but those threads are here
I didn't post those threads.
>>
>>57477129
it's got more to do with tech than social networking and shallow consumer electronics threads now that we live in the cyb days.
>>
>>57405836
Don't use IRC. It's almost always plaintext and your public IP is made available to other endusers by default. It's better to just use any webchat with SSL.

Make a Tox group or something.
>>
>>57407942
No. It'll die in another week.
>>
>>57477188
The rizon irc is strict TLS. IRC being plaintext is a 90s meme. You still have no expectation of privacy because of the whole 'I'm talking in public' thing. Because it's public and not private.
>>
>>57477138
I already told you, I didn't post those threads. I don't like them.

On the other hand, social networking and consumer electronics threads actually apply directly to tech. This thread applies directly to literature.

Sure, I'd like the phonethreads gone too, but they're more sensible here than /cyb/ is.
>>
>>57477217
Rizon and Freenode staff members are permitted to read the enduser's private messages. It doesn't offer end-to-end encryption between users. The majority of networks are plaintext server-to-user though anyways. One exception is not the rule. You clearly don't have much experience with IRC, but there is a thing called "m_spy" that you might want to know about.
>>
>>57477270
You can use encryption over messages if you want, same as anywhere. The fact is it's a public group chat (NSA are welcome) and it's not your server. There's no better alternative yet.
>>
>>57477323
Yes there is, kek. Tox, for example. It's not as easy, but it works and you can make groupchats. Protip: p2p requires no server. My central point, however, was that it is extremely un/cyb/ to use IRC. Use literally anything else and you can also encrypt your message by hand. The fact that IRC, like all forms of communication, doesn't stop you from encrypting your PMs doesn't somehow fix it's major issue, which is that it presents a false sense of security where it doesn't exist. Tox is better.

I don't mean to go full tangential shill, but -
I'm doing dev work on a project of mine called "SeaFour" which plans to offer end-to-end encryption using Elliptical Curve DH performed client-side.
The sourcecode will be here upon the next commit :
https://github.com/LandonPowell/
I've already got a WIP CLI client for nerdcred on my GH too.
>>
>>57477380
No no no, it presents a complete absence of security. The fact that you can never establish any sort of trust ruins that sort of "secure" communications forever. If you expect security out of public communications but can't understand it, you'll never create it with a program.

Tox was always doomed to fail, IRC will outlast humanity on this planet.
>>
>>57436156
the whole pizza scandal is analogous to progressives calling trump and assange rapists and sex offenders to discredit them. its kind of pathetic really.
>>
>>57419888
I don't mind, it's not like I'm against cyb

Just the wrong board
>>
>>57477914
Sure but when CNN becomes infowars this is the media fight we have.

>>57478156
You are mistaken.
>>
>>57430200
>proprietary baseband exists
>still proceeds to discuss higher level services
you're memeing right?
>>
>>57478193
>You are mistaken.
This board has devolved into /v/'s shopping basket and a place for normals to feel like special snowflakes due to peak traffic

the ratio of garbage posts to on topic quality is far beyond acceptable the majority of the time
>>
>>57478597
Cyberpunk threads predate all of that. Maybe you're the one who doesn't belong.
>>
>>57478636
>Cyberpunk threads predate all of that.
Yes, that's the reason they don't belong on neo-/g/. If you're mixing the cancer of this board with cyb then you're the one that doesn't belong
>>
>>57478156
>>57478597
>>57478689
waaaah these people are posting in a thread that I don't want on MY special board!!!

Let us have our one little /cyb/ safehaven thread. It's a tiny blip amongst all the other /g/ threads. Don't be such a little bitch.

Can't have a thread without a bunch of babies complaining about inane shite. Then it leads to useless posts like mine trying to stop it. Just gtfo and post in whatever other thread meets your standards.

>>57453237
>>57453437
Were you the guy making a watch out of those some time ago? How'd that go?
>>
>>57479046
what are some killer cyberpunk movies?
thanks.
>>
File: nixieClock.jpg (219KB, 1448x856px) Image search: [Google]
nixieClock.jpg
219KB, 1448x856px
>>57479046

Yeah. Still working on a schematic right now. I need to either buy or make a breakout board for an mp3 decoder since I have never worked with that IC before.

Right now finishing up my nixie clock which should be done in about a week.
>>
>>57449735
I was thinking about getting a bunch of old, inexpensive routers secondhand (probably Linksys WRT54's, my favorite), wirelessly meshing them, and installing them in trees or something. Nothing super serious.
>>
File: 1452942634768.png (4MB, 1700x2670px) Image search: [Google]
1452942634768.png
4MB, 1700x2670px
>>57479297
pic related is a start

The Machine (2013) was neato.
I'm currently watching Continuum which is a Canadian TV series (and on Netflix). It has a plot based around time travel and sort of like a crime show. I've been loving it. Plenty of cyberpunk themes and snippets of the dystopian-esque future get shown often.
>>57479528
Good work dude, keep making stuff. What got you started making these kinds of electronics?
I could probably make better use of my time doing something like that. I fell for the RPi meme but I've been wondering what I could do with it, like using it as a computer on my motorcycle.
What would be neat is an oil temperature reading that triggers a little LED light signal when the bike has warmed up enough, and also a warning light if it gets too hot.
>>
File: 141015-F-BH566-169.jpg (44KB, 591x394px) Image search: [Google]
141015-F-BH566-169.jpg
44KB, 591x394px
>>57418288
Fake!
>>
File: 1477471789860.jpg (16KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
1477471789860.jpg
16KB, 480x318px
>>57472016
>why are we talking about mundane equipment I take for granted yet is responsible for keeping my gear safe
>let's talk instead about meme tech no one needs
>/cyb/
>>
File: 1459644502877.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1459644502877.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
sup chummers am i late to the party?
>>
>>57482046
It's never too late
>>
>>57482274
>>57482046
it is no longer too early
>>
>>57415412
Why are people so mad about systemd? It's free software, right? They can audit the source code, fork it or just use something else. What's the problem? Every time a new technology like that shows up there's bitching. Remember when canonical introduced Mir? Or when Wayland was announced? Or the whole audio nonsense?
>>
>>57480024
>no vr.5 anywhere

shit list
>>
>>57477222

>I only want to see things I like reeeeeeee

You can hide posts m8.
>>
>>57480024
would not recommend blame!(ova) people should read the manga also ghost in the shell arise has no cyberpunk ascetic outside of charter design
>>
>>57482415
its all the same, good or bad it goes on the list.
>>
>>57482422
why would we lump the bad shit with the good shit
>>
>>57482432
Cause there's not enough to go around, look at fucking orphan black. Arguably cyb but full potato retard. Still almost worth a watch, if only to get angry about.
>>
>>57479297
https://web.archive.org/web/20131005154727/http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/movies-ordered-by-star-rating/

Too bad the website is dead and gone, thankfully we at least have the archived copy.
>>
>>57482361
Because it subverts Linux and turns it into something else, more similar to what Linux was intended to avoid being. Also it was accepted by major distros on grounds of politics rather than merit.
>>
>>57477380
>>57477323
>>57477270
>>57477217
public wifi (not in view of any cameras and switching up the wifi location occasionally, if thats an option) to vpn hosted in netherlands (claims not to keep logs, bought with prepaid visa or tumbled bitcoin, only used from public wifi location) through tor network to znc on vps (bought with tumbled bitcoin or prepaid visa).

or in short, local to znc on vps. (posting pgp encrypted messages when you need to)
>>
>>57482608
There's also this http://jinteki.industries/
>>
File: NextGenBorg.jpg (86KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
NextGenBorg.jpg
86KB, 694x530px
Ok, idk how else to actually ask this question, but it's kinda important.

How many wires, Arduinos, and extra batteries can one attach to themselves before they get mistaken for a terrorist?

Like, idek if this is technically "Cyberpunk", but how does one get away with looking like a NextGen Borg in public?

I mean, the pic is eh... could use a better example, but you get the idea, custom-programmed Arduinos attached to you, maybe some USB cords, so you can play music off your phone on speakers on your belt, possibly LED light strings and/or a lamp on your shoulder when it's dark, PipBoy-style armband.
Stuff like that.

IDK, you get the idea.

I wanna look like I'm one with the machine.
>>
>>57482894
Y tho
>>
File: EdCowboyBebop.jpg (154KB, 850x608px) Image search: [Google]
EdCowboyBebop.jpg
154KB, 850x608px
>>57483069
In short, I'm a fucking sperg.

In long, I like to call myself a mad scientist, and I've always thought it'd be fucking awesome to have tons of custom tech attached to me.
My view of future aesthetic has never really been "smaller, but the power's all there"; instead "loud, tangled, and in everyone's face, and preferably glowing"

I'd also much prefer to have a custom piece of tech that does exactly what I want it to, that I programmed, than some random fucking iPhone or some shit.

Even if it can't DO as much, the idea that I wired myself up my own circuit boards to act as multiplexers and several Arduinos to communicate with each other to do awesome hardware manipulation (if only small things like changing lights and volume on my own custom speakers), by the nature of being custom-built, looks better.
>I also got interested in Cyberpunk AFTER being interested in Steampunk, so... bigger is better, at least in public.
Of course, a server with professionally made parts at home is best, but what is better than showing off your own tech skills in public?
What do YOU think is cooler: "I spent $300 on the new Samsung Galaxy" or "I spent $700 to rig this shit together, that contains lights, speakers, a backpack power-pack, custom displays with custom AIs, and yes... it also charges my phone."

>TL;DR: I'm a sperg.
>>
>>57483196
>>57483069
For reference, I even avoid Wireless peripherals at home*, and I have some wires literally TAPED to the wall for more range.

*Although the wired peripherals is also so I don't need to worry about them dying on me. To be fair.
>>
Is this the most dead thread on /g/?
>>
>>57483288
It appears that way, and I don't know why
>>
>>57483196
>>57483227
Sounds pretty schway, jammit
>>
File: 20160702_174458.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160702_174458.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>57480024

>RPi meme

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with RPi. I want to get a zero because I think it has amazing potential for the price. Even the full size ones are amazing for what they are at the price point. You have to do a little extra work to get them to work with 5V sensors or outputs, but it's minimal versus the computing power they offer.

It's funny, what got me started doing stuff like this is that my buddy told me we were living in the cyber punk dystopian future. I didn't even know what that meant, and he explained it to me and told me about easy electronics prototyping like Arduino and RPi. After playing around with stuff like that I started getting into making my own hardware because I outgrew the prototyping capability of the Arduino. If you start getting into it and discovering things you want to make you'll probably find yourself doing the same.
>>
i want to rig a raspi3 to the touch display panel and hook up the camera module. i want to set this up in my bathroom. the camera would serve as a motion detector and turn on the display and run the plex client that is streaming OTA television from my plex server in the other room which is connected to the HDHomeRun which is connected to to antenna and router for the plex server to pick up and serve out to my clients.

So the idea is to enter the bathroom and have the panel come on to display live television while i'm using the bathroom/showering and have it go into sleep mode after no motion is any longer detected. This is an awesome idea right?
>>
File: 18vh1a.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
18vh1a.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>57483402

>This is an awesome idea right?

When I show people my projects, they always ask "does this idea sound good," and I always respond "it will work, but if it's good or not is up to you." If you enjoy the shows that much and want convenience it sounds like a great idea.

We all have the thing that we like that strokes our own autism just right. I mean, I'm building a wristwatch and mp3 player out of numitrons. Is this an awesome idea? It is to me, but other people probably think I'm a fucking idiot.
>>
>>57483402
That sounds really awesome.

>>57483393
I like that device.
>>
>>57483427
That is so cool

I want one of those.
>>
>>57483431

When I get done with my projects and have tested them I'm going to upload the schematics, gerber files, and instructions so people can make their own. I figure it's probably not worth selling the stuff because so few hobbyist out there would care about it.

So when I finish with it you can send the gerber files to a board house and they'll print you the boards, then you can just order the components and assemble it yourself. The watch is a while off from being done, the nixie clock is almost finished.
>>
>>57483459
Will you be linking it all here?
>>
>>57483402
also, the location i think would be best is just over from where you can see it above the shower curtains when they're closed, it would also be facing the toilet in that location. i could put a mirror above my toilet so when i'm standing up peeing, facing the toilet it would appear in front of me. There is a mirror in front of the sink as well that it can be seen from as well.

>>57483427
>>57483428
thanks. i only wanna do live news or weather channels tho. something that i would always be interested in seeing for a few minutes at most while i'm in there. maybe i'll put one in the kitchen too. it would only need a power cable to be connected to it, easily ran up the corners on the wall going up and left with thin spots of ducttape or something. it uses wifi so i don't need anything running in there which is nice
>>
>>57483318
>"Don't call yourself a ‘cyberpunk’, and don't waste your time on anybody who does." - t. Eric S. Raymond
>>
File: 20161029_205121_LLS.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_205121_LLS.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
>>57483472

Absolutely. I'll be linking my projects here and on /diy/ for anyone interested.

>>57483484
Sounds like a fun project. Are you going to be using RPi? To be honest Arduino takes a lot of extra work and money to get to work with anything connectivity related.
>>
>>57483493
Isn't he dead yet? I would've thought he'd have said something to wind someone up until they throttle him by now. Man is a total ass banana and AFK troll.
>>
>>57483484
Cool. Would definitely be an interesting thing to see when it pans out.

>>57483516
Excellent, I'll make sure to check back here frequently.
That clock, though, so awesome b/c it looks like that thing from Steins;Gate.
It'd be cool to have not only a clock but maybe something else made out of those.
You know how people do those moving ASCII backgrounds on terminals?

Imagine a display wall made of Nixie Tubes to do something like that?
>>
>>57483516
i'm going to be using the raspi3 with their camera and their display and for the wifi capability. i have everything down except how to tell the camera to look for motion and upon detection, turing on the display and playing the plex client and when no motion detected for 60 seconds, to close display and disable the client or however much i'm able to shut it down without losing the wake on motion command. i don't know how to program but that would be the only thing i don't know how to do right now.
>>
>>57483564
this is just one thing i can think of to live more cyberpunk. anything else i can do to live that lifestyle? what other raspi projects are actually useful like this?
>>
>>57483606
I'd suggest a central server for your house, and put it in one of those lockable server cages.
Use that to store data

Possibly, set up an ad-hoc network as well. Not really sure if that'd be very beneficial, but it'd be really cool.
Maybe have the house server act as the primary node, and only have the router connected to that?
Unless you wanna be extra secure, and instead have a small networking server that you ad-hoc everything else to, and THAT is connected to the router, instead.

I'm also a fan of custom lights. either like white Christmas lights, or individual lights hanging from the ceiling (the kind you'd see in a garage) as opposed to lamps.

And maybe anything that's not the networking or storage/application server can just be thin clients?

But, what'd REALLY be awesome is to have like what that other guy mentioned, screens around the house, attached to walls. But, like, if you're into that kinda thing, an AI maid or waifu or something.

And DEFINITELY CCTVs to view the outside of your home. Could use Matrox cards to get extra screens to view all the cameras at once, like a display wall

At least some of these are what I really wanna do.
Definitely a server, the hanging lights, and the CCTVs.
>>
>>57483716
Could also add a screen outside your doors that you can broadcast to before letting people in.
>>
File: freerunnersVSparkourfags.jpg (54KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
freerunnersVSparkourfags.jpg
54KB, 600x390px
>>57455852
>>57456054
>>57467196

Note: freerunning != parkour.
They technically started off the same, but they are wildly different communities now.

Freerunning is a group of tricking faggots that like to run around like retards doing flips and jumps as if they were Spiderman.

Parkour, the original, is just moving around environments efficiently, regardless of what is in front of you.

One tries to make things complex for themselves. The other just gets shit done.

Also, have this old picture. Still makes me laugh.

Being able to move around environments efficiently is a valuable skill even if you aren't some sort of mad hacker on the run, or escaping the authoritarian spooks.
It increases spacial awareness through the roof and in turn, overall intelligence.
Equally improves overall health, stamina, endurance, flexibility and pain threshold.

If you also feel sort of spaced out and depressed, impact-ful exercise can reinforce the brains flexible barriers that prevent leakage of neurotransmitters that lead to said moods.
This is just really recent research that has found this. It is going to be tested in trials with people that suffer depression fairly soon. Pretty exciting stuff.
>>
File: output_QQzhUp.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
output_QQzhUp.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>57483716

>custom lights

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blues-Gray-Addressable-LED-pixel-strand-WS2812B-50-LEDs-5-inch-spacing-/351898998703?hash=item51eed097af:g:CgcAAOSw8w1X-IB3

You can program these like WS2812B strips and have your own custom lighting patterns or light color. These things are dirt cheap in strips, but this strand is a wee bit expensive.
>>
File: like this.png (2MB, 1020x1404px) Image search: [Google]
like this.png
2MB, 1020x1404px
>>57483716
i'm interested in accent lighting.. the auto live ota tv in bathroom... using a raspi3 to host my plex server, torrent client, used as a connection for my "nas", also pi-hole and znc. KVM switch for my lg gram laptop, desktop (windows10 for games), and that raspi. i'll use the lg gram laptop for everything but gaymen and take it with me in my lightweight mesh backpack and ride lightweight bicycle out of my apartment for maximum comfy on the go. when i get back home i'll just hook it up to the kvm switch and continue what i was doing on my monitor.

my "nas" hooked up to the main raspi3 is simply an external 4 bay drive holding four 8tb archive drives for a total of 32tb. this only costs me $1,088 which includes the cost of the raspi itself.

security setup is a 40db alarm with lights on my window next to the outside door connected to this alarm thing that houses a prepaid sim that dials both 911 and my phone when activated. i also want to install a camera that live stream/uploads offsite to vps, facing the outside door.
>>
>>57483857
ignore that filename
>>
File: w700ds2.jpg (54KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
w700ds2.jpg
54KB, 600x371px
>>57482894
>>57483196

Probably anything that is more that a few wires would be considered possible terrorist.

Anything that doesn't look like a charger wire, headphone wire and maybe some other wire, or keychain, necklace, etc., people would probably take one look and think "that dudes a fucking bomb, RUN!"

Easiest way to get around that is not have loads of loose wires everywhere.
If you have a light outside wear top, stitch some wire routes through the outsides or insides of it, then wear that under your jumper / shirt / whatever.
Then just have wires come out the arms and such.

Build a generic strap to hold phone on arm over a coat, wire hooked to battery in backpack going through your under-coat under your clothes to your arm, where you bring it back to the strap.
Or a small computer inside of your backpack, video cable of choice coming from it to a touchscreen on a strap on your arm. (will be harder to do with HDMI because the fuckers are so stiff)
I'd love to get 2 bezel-less screens and sit them shortest ends together to make a long screen. ULTRA WIDE SCREEN.

Either that or just dual-screen on my fucking arm.
Better yet, have one screen hidden under the other, which can slot out if you need an extra one. When it comes out fully, a switch automatically enables the screen.
Kinda like those laptops that come with dual-screen, except phone-screen dimensions. (pic related)
>>
>>57483779
if you are physically running from authority, it's too late. they already know who you are and where you live and where you are likely to go. i'd only run if my options were either leaving the country or over 2 years prison time (actual time served prison time 2 years or over)
>>
>>57444410
Birds / lizards have eyes on the sides of their heads for this reason.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.