[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anybody recommend a good laptop? I need one that I can do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (641KB, 832x730px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
641KB, 832x730px
Can anybody recommend a good laptop?
I need one that I can do work on, like word and excel; but also can play some indie games, emulators, or netflix on the side.
Currently looking at one that will go on sale soon; pic related
That price is give or take the price range I am willing to go to. I don't care much for hybrid features but they're a nice bonus.

I only have a desktop right now
>>
>>57405802
that thign right their seems like a good price
>>
>>57405802
used t60
>>
T61
>>
>>57405816
I'm not very tech savvy, but will these specs allow smooth multitasking?
>>
>>57405856
it seems ok honestly but, i wouldnt get touch screen things but thats up to you.
>>
>>57405802
x220
>>
>>57405905
What's wrong with touch screen?

Also, is there any other laptop that maybe has similar spec/ fits my criteria that is a little more slim or portable?
>>
>>57405905
but one other thing i dont liek is hp. hp brand is not very good to me honestly, i used to own a few hp things and they heated up badly or just slow as shit. this is my opinon, but you can try sqg i know i know it says stupid questions but, its what everyone uses to ask things on /g/ they might be able to help you out dont buy it just yet.
>>
>>57405952
>What's wrong with touch screen?
It's a fucking gimmick like backlit keyboards.
>>
>>57405952
because its a little frustrating when you touch your laptop on accident or i heard that after awhile they lose sensitivity. They arent bad my mother owns a speical edition hp computer with touch screen it isnt that bad, but i dont like them that much and she doesnt use it that much.
>>
>>57405974
Ahh, I see. I guess it wouldn't be needed for normal laptop use.

>>57405823
>>57405841
>>57405948
My criteria must not be all that much as I thought if Thinkpads can handle it. Or are you guys just joking?
>>
What about a detachable tablet? Like a Surface or HP x2? Would those be able to handle small games and whatnot?
>>
>>57405802
A $100-$150 Thinkpad T420 will do all of that, it has a version with nvidia dGPU if you want but i bet the intel iGPU is enough.

Hell you can max the cpu to a quad core i7, max the ram, add 3 drives and get a 9 cell battery with the rest of the money.

Of course it's not "thin" but in my opinion that's better.
>>
>>57406021
think pads can do it, but they are a little old from like 2010 and 2013 they arent that great, but if you want something good get something modern. Your laptop you said was ok the touch screen is meh but the tech specs seem to be good i would go ahead and get it.
>>
ux305c

don't fall for the memepad
>>
you sound really REALLY dumb from your typing so I assume you will be running only Windows?
>>
>>57405802
Think pad 13 use the paste bin code from/tpg/ and you can get it 32% off
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>57405802
>like word and excel
>>
>>57405952
The money you dont spend on a touch screen you can get one at a higher spec for the same price
>>
>>57405802

get an iPad Pro
>>
>>57410108
Op post picture like $500 is a good deal than buying used, once you have 2in1/detachable you won't go back to normal laptop
>>
>>57406021
i have an X230 and i can play Civ V at full settings with 60 fps its not that weak
>>
>>57406021
Seriously just get a T520
>>
>>57405802
Spec wise it's solid but anything hp besides spectre or the elitebook series is shit. Fell for the pavilion meme, never fucking again.
>>
>>57405802
T420 is like $120 and it can do all of that.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.